Globalstar Employee Reviews

Multicultural place
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  CovingtonApril 5, 2017
Customer care service, working for people from around the word. A canadian company based in Covington, you have to be able to understand different cultures since you will be working with French, Africans, Canadian, Americans, Latinos, etc.
Great Company to work for, lots of benefits and great CEO
Bi-lingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 27, 2016
Globalstar is a great company to work for, they have great benefits, great hours, holidays, health oriented, and always focused in keep a friendly and safe culture within the company. The CEO seems to be a great and humble guy and always focused in growing the company and trying to make the most beneficial decisions as possible for the company. The products they offer are great products. Most of the technical complaints we get from customers are (in my opinion) at least 70% due to user error or lack of knowledge on how to utilize the product.

My only negative concern, is that in customer care department they need a reform in management and supervision, but primarily the director. They need to have better communication between themselves before they proceed with any rules because the customer care representatives are the ones that are negatively affected by them. Customer Care call centers in any company already has a higher level of stress beyond most departments in a company, therefore, it has to have a great team and positively supportive management (I like my manager though, he is a great and positive guy in the midst of management that needs to be reformed by the uppers). I did not have any issues with any of the management and representatives, but there are obvious improvements that needs to take place in order for the company to excel in the telecommunication field.

The hardest part of the job is simply to deal with frustrated and stressed customers, but I dealt with them well, as we all are customers in one way or another, and we need to listen to them and solve
  more... their problems with us.

I enjoy the friendly environment in between the representatives and co-workers from the other departments.
Pros
Healthcare, employee stocks benefits, general environment, short breaks, hours, small free gifts, professionalism, clean place.
Cons
Communication in Customer Care department and more recognition for good reps.
As Team Lead, represented the wholesale billing department
Billing Operations Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2015
A typical day included verifying that nightly software processing, daily feeds and daily reports ran smoothly. Frequently met with cross-department management for roll out of future product, answered questions from internal customers through phone calls and e-mails. Worked with the software development team on the billing application design an, requirements, testing and implementation.. Learned internal processing of satellite telecommunication data. Managed 5-7 programmers. The hardest part of the job was adhearing to an unrealistic timeline. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the different gateways all over the world (call collection locations).
Pros
Busy, fast paced and a lot to learn.
Cons
A lot to do and little time to do it in.
a great place for yes men (not women)
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Covington, LaAugust 31, 2014
The company has been on the verge of going bankrupt for sometime. They have the potential to do better, but they don't want to change people at the top or change how they do things.

Management is not knowledgeable of the day-to- day and does not work well with other departments. A complete scrub of upper management is needed. Nepotism is extremely present and it is definitely a boys club atmosphere.

If you need a decent job on the north shore and are satisfied with the status quo, or just need to show up and get a check this is the place for you. If you want more, keep looking.
Pros
friendly "lower level" employees
Cons
poor management and lack of financial stability
Beware of this company. On the verge of bankruptcy and horrible management
N/A (Former Employee) –  CovingtonJanuary 20, 2014
I worked for this company for a few years and loved it until I needed management and HR to stand up for me. They have no backbone whatsoever. They have a large turnover rate. The management is indecisive and does nothing to promote a team atmosphere. You are just left out there to manage in your own. Some things that were done were borderline unethical. But that's just it. Borderline. The work atmosphere is stressful due to limited resources and managers that won't make decisions. And when they do they don't stand behind you. Beware going to work for this company. The acting CEO is the main stockholder and he lives out of state. He is so caught up in trying to save the company that he can't see the inadequacies of his lower management and how shabby the company is run. The employees are very unhappy because they complain constantly.
Pros
You can come and go as you please and work at your own pace uninterrupted
Cons
Stressful work environment, Lack of experienced managers, large turnover rate
Great company to work for!
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 8, 2012
Worked on latest state of the art GPS devices in very good work atmosphere with great co-workers.
Pros
excellent wages and benefits.
The most comfortable and congenial place I have ever worked before
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2012
A typical day would include arriving at 8am, reviewing emails, answering phone calls, mail distribution, filing, inventory of satellite phones, customer service, creating binders, presentations and cards for going away parties. The co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part was when alot of people were laid off, I had to learn different aspects of other departments administrative duties, which helped me in the long run. The most enjoyable part was getting to know everyone and becoming a part of a family.
Pros
lot's of lunch trips and never stressful
Cons
company closed too soon from bankruptcy
Temporary Contract Work
Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 2, 2012
Easy work, slow days. Let go after only 4 months because it was temporary work.