Globalstar

Globalstar Employer Reviews

Beware of this company. On the verge of bankruptcy and horrible management
N/A (Former Employee), CovingtonJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: you can come and go as you please and work at your own pace uninterrupted
Cons: stressful work environment, lack of experienced managers, large turnover rate
I worked for this company for a few years and loved it until I needed management and HR to stand up for me. They have no backbone whatsoever. They have a large turnover rate. The management is indecisive and does nothing to promote a team atmosphere. You are just left out there to manage in your own. Some things that were done were borderline unethical. But that's just it. Borderline. The work atmosphere is stressful due to limited resources and managers that won't make decisions. And when they do they don't stand behind you. Beware going to work for this company. The acting CEO is the main stockholder and he lives out of state. He is so caught up in trying to save the company that he can't see the inadequacies of his lower management and how shabby the company is run. The employees are very unhappy because they complain constantly.
Great company to work for!
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Covington, LAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: excellent wages and benefits.
Worked on latest state of the art GPS devices in very good work atmosphere with great co-workers.
The most comfortable and congenial place I have ever worked before
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2012
Pros: lot's of lunch trips and never stressful
Cons: company closed too soon from bankruptcy
A typical day would include arriving at 8am, reviewing emails, answering phone calls, mail distribution, filing, inventory of satellite phones, customer service, creating binders, presentations and cards for going away parties. The co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part was when alot of people were laid off, I had to learn different aspects of other departments administrative duties, which helped me in the long run. The most enjoyable part was getting to know everyone and becoming a part of a family.
Temporary Contract Work
Procurement Associate (Former Employee), Covington, LAJuly 2, 2012
Easy work, slow days. Let go after only 4 months because it was temporary work.
Fun Workplace
PHP Developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Company is very understanding and everyone in the company is very helpful and fun to work with. I had lot of exposure to the real world application and the company never disappoints in providing new exciting work every day.