Globaltranz Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, exciting environment and professional coworkers
Expedited Services Agent / Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
I learned this company had exceptional management and respected all employees equally. Management in my department took care of those who performed!
Stay far away
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2016
Overall this company has been trending downward for a while now. New CEO along with no experience in the manager and senior manager positions. Friends promoting friends. No one here sees the big picture, the CEO is just looking to cut costs before he sells and heads back to the east coast.

Do not be fooled by their culture videos, they promise the world and have nothing to back it up with. Ping Pong tables, corn hole and dart boards are cool, but only if employees would be allowed to use them.

Currently Globaltranz laid off numerous employees and rumors are the whole inside sales department will be shutting their doors soon.

If you care about your future and the work that you do, stay FAR away from this company.
Cons
No support, uneducated and unexperienced managers, senior managers and directors
Great experiences in workplace adaptability
Senior Carrier Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2016
I had my commission pay cut 7 times in two years either directly or through policy changes. Company policy changes every 3-4 months and never to the employee's benefit and the managers don't help you grow. You'll learn a lot, but you're on your own to figure it out.

No more catered lunches or use of the 'game room' either, took that away too.
Youthful environment with a lot of potential growth
Senior Truckload Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2016
It was an exciting and competitive company. It was a young company with a lot of the staff being in their 20's and 30's. It was a faced paced company that everyday brought a new challenge.
Fun place to work
Mnaager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2016
Was a fun place to work. People were great and the products are well designed.
Free lunches on Friday.

Great place to start your career
It's fun to work at Globaltranz, but I wouldn't apply again.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
It's like any sales driven environment, but they provide many distractions to their employees (games, shows, etc...). The management are proficient and polite. The workload is considerable, "a grind". I found another job while working here and I was told to put in my resignation immediately. Personally, wouldn't recommend investing.
Pros
Fun culture, decent pay
Cons
Your working in a frat house, where the CEO plays video games on a big screen on the sales floor, management often smells like alcohol during business hours.
Horrible
customer service (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAAugust 21, 2015
I was at the burke, va office as a customer service person. The agents were horrible and rude. On my second day I made small mistakes and was treated poorly. I plan to contact global tranz personally and give the names of the two gentlemen and let them know about my experience. Run far away do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
horrible agents
fast paced energetic place to work
Supply Chain Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
very energetic place to work upper management is limited and very un involved. Compensation is well exposed but the job security is not.
Pros
Free lunch every other friday
Cons
Health care
Great Organization
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2015
The management and staff are great. This is just a job to get me through school but has given me good experience and knowledge that I can apply in my career.
typical day at work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
no professional people work there anymore, everyday bad choice of words all throughout the office. No one dresses professional anymore. So many young people work there from 18-25 its a circus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no 401K, no advancement opportunities
Sales job
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
Call local and national industries that deal with shipping large products. Make around 75-150 calls a day. Fun work environment.
GlobalTranz
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
Fast growing company, GlobalTranz has a lot of potential if they can get upper management to change the culture.----------------------------------------------
Horrible mangement
Claims Dept (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 26, 2015
The claims department was NOT well managed. At one of point of my employment with GlobalTranz there was not an assigned manager period.
Self Employed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityApril 21, 2015
I enjoy working with Globaltranz and building relationships with key accounts and client relationships.
The customer software is very well development.
The usage of the software is easy to use by our customers.
Pros
freedom
Cons
poor vender pricing
"Fun" environment
Senior Carrier Operations (Current Employee) –  scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2015
The environment is meant to be a party, while the actual business of the department is run very poorly. Management is under qualified.
Fun, positive workplace.
Senior Broker (Former Employee) –  North ScottsdaleMarch 3, 2015
I will always respect and treasure my experience with Globaltranz. The atmosphere made it a great place to come into every day. The management had a open door policy which made it comfortable to go to the management any time. The only reason I resigned from Globaltranz was the job security. I want to find a company that I feel that I can grow with years to come and Globaltranz wasn't that place for me.
Amazing work place
Senior Carrier Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 7, 2015
The definition of work hard play Amazing management staff. Fun culture. Great pay. If you don't make your quota you get fired right away.
Pros
free lunch. great pay. fun culture.
Cons
high turnover. no 401k
Not recommended.
Senior Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 6, 2014
GlobalTranz is a fun place to work but does not keep employees. GlobalTranz provides a fun work environment with room for advancement. I was promoted and let go within a month, along with 30 other co workers. Do not expect a long term job here, they are all about the money and it shows.
Pros
fun, catered lunch, good environment.
Cons
no job security, stressful.
Cut throat sales job that is the time of your life
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 8, 2014
Job was easy enough. Make 75-100 phone calls a day and book freight. The issue was the steady climbing sales quota that eventually gets too high that only a small perfect of people can hit because they get all the accounts from employees that they fire.
Fast paced environment with ping pong table
Carrier Sales / Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2014
Call truckers and trucking companies trying to find a cheap truck to run assorted products from point A to point B. Negotiated prices and deadlines with trucking companies.

1.7