Globaltranz Employee Reviews

Fun office environment
Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
Good company to work for. You are able to advance into management very quick if you are good at building your book of business. The software and technology this company had is very good and efficient.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful job
spin that wheel hamster
Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 5, 2017
high turnover is for a reason. they just churn through people. If you have high IQ you can excel. They dont drug test so you can do nice big fat thing they do in CO
Tracking shipments and monitoring transportation to ensure complete deliveries
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
Job included primarily leasing with customers, carriers, and consignee locations. This effective communication involved any pick-up and delivery issues with all operational departments.
Pros
Complete independance
Cons
Dealing with delivery issues
Not recommended
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 9, 2017
The management in this company are childish, sexist, and use constant intimidation and fear of losing one's job as a motivator. One of the worst work experiences of my life.
Pros
Co-workers were generally nice people
Cons
Management. Lower to upper
Great job but you better be a shark
Senior Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Must be self-motivated. One lost account through no fault of the agent can result in disaster, however. After the first year I saw so many people come and go that I stopped trying to learn their names. But I also saw great success. You have to be money-hungry, and most successful people there have no problem charging their customers too much or paying truck drivers too little. There is a valid reason why freight brokers are disliked by most carriers.
Transportation
Senior Logistics Broker (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 31, 2016
Typical day at work :
Working on crirtical loads first thing in the morning to ensure coverage, sourcing for capacity and building internal/external relationships.
Co-Workers
The team that I joined is a very strong driven team. Everyone wants to better themselves, and create opportunities.
Great company all around
Worldwide Freight Agent/Owner (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, MONovember 9, 2016
All back office operations are handled wonderfully. Pay is great and work life balance is wonderful as well. I am my own boss. Looking forward to making the future a success.
Ok place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 31, 2016
This was a home based business on commission only. If I needed an answer to a question I was lucky to get a response. GTZ never answered phones. Strictly email only and that took some time to receive a reply. For urgent questions, well you have to wait therefore leaving the customer waiting.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
poor communications from corp.
No Direction
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 14, 2016
Since recent changes in upper management, Globaltranz has been in limbo between the fun, fast paced, rapidly growing place it used to hang its hat on, to a slow paced, one track mind, no direction company.
Great first position after college
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2016
While working at GlobalTranz I have grown as a professional and am extremely thankful for everything this company has provided. I love to have the ability to control my own income all while growing accounts and maintaining carrier relations. It becomes a game to continually challenge your relationship with your carriers for rates to beat out your peers to ensure coverage, margin, and ultimately the success of servicing an account. Being the middle man in such a large process, that being logistics, it makes you realize how organized and efficient one has to be to succeed. The most enjoyable part is growing accounts YEOY originating from an RFP, to seeing the GP from the carrier base you created on the lanes you quoted. The company has seen changes over the past 6 months from CEO, Directors, Vice Presidents, and even a layoff of 60+ employees which is a cause for concern; all of which is the reasoning of leaving my application on this site.
Boiler Room environment, management degrades you but pay is fair
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 29, 2016
Boiler Room environment. Management does not really help you but they do degrade you. No real training. No job security. Good was never any nights or weekends.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Management no job security
Fun place to work, exciting environment and professional coworkers
Expedited Services Agent / Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
I learned this company had exceptional management and respected all employees equally. Management in my department took care of those who performed!
Stay far away
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2016
Overall this company has been trending downward for a while now. New CEO along with no experience in the manager and senior manager positions. Friends promoting friends. No one here sees the big picture, the CEO is just looking to cut costs before he sells and heads back to the east coast.

Do not be fooled by their culture videos, they promise the world and have nothing to back it up with. Ping Pong tables, corn hole and dart boards are cool, but only if employees would be allowed to use them.

Currently Globaltranz laid off numerous employees and rumors are the whole inside sales department will be shutting their doors soon.

If you care about your future and the work that you do, stay FAR away from this company.
Cons
No support, uneducated and unexperienced managers, senior managers and directors
Great experiences in workplace adaptability
Senior Carrier Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2016
I had my commission pay cut 7 times in two years either directly or through policy changes. Company policy changes every 3-4 months and never to the employee's benefit and the managers don't help you grow. You'll learn a lot, but you're on your own to figure it out.

No more catered lunches or use of the 'game room' either, took that away too.
Youthful environment with a lot of potential growth
Senior Truckload Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2016
It was an exciting and competitive company. It was a young company with a lot of the staff being in their 20's and 30's. It was a faced paced company that everyday brought a new challenge.
Fun place to work
Mnaager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2016
Was a fun place to work. People were great and the products are well designed.
Free lunches on Friday.

Great place to start your career
It's fun to work at Globaltranz, but I wouldn't apply again.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
It's like any sales driven environment, but they provide many distractions to their employees (games, shows, etc...). The management are proficient and polite. The workload is considerable, "a grind". I found another job while working here and I was told to put in my resignation immediately. Personally, wouldn't recommend investing.
Pros
Fun culture, decent pay
Cons
Your working in a frat house, where the CEO plays video games on a big screen on the sales floor, management often smells like alcohol during business hours.
Horrible
customer service (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAAugust 21, 2015
I was at the burke, va office as a customer service person. The agents were horrible and rude. On my second day I made small mistakes and was treated poorly. I plan to contact global tranz personally and give the names of the two gentlemen and let them know about my experience. Run far away do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
horrible agents
fast paced energetic place to work
Supply Chain Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
very energetic place to work upper management is limited and very un involved. Compensation is well exposed but the job security is not.
Pros
Free lunch every other friday
Cons
Health care
Great Organization
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2015
The management and staff are great. This is just a job to get me through school but has given me good experience and knowledge that I can apply in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globaltranz. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1