Globe University

Globe University Employer Reviews

Flexible hours are a plus.
Social Media Market Campaign (Former Employee), RemoteDecember 30, 2014
This was an online gig, so the hours were pretty flexible, which was perfect. I was able to get my work done while staying on top of classes at the same time.
Very good school
Student Coach/Tutor (Former Employee), Middleton WIOctober 13, 2014
Typical college.
Learned business management.
Management ran a well oiled machine.
Fellow students were pleasant to work with.
N/A
Helping others to succeed.
Ask me anything.
Helping Staff
o Tutoring (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough hours.
Good school to work for while attending school. As a tutor it will look good to potential employers.
It is a true "we care" enviroment
Faculty (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: class sizes, co-workers, faculty/staff/management
Cons: work evenings/nights. (it isn't that bad!)
I have enjoyed my time here at Globe. The faculty/staff/management has always been very helpful. Even after attending several graduations, I still get excited! I am so proud to see my students walk across that stage, what an honor it is for me, to be there to share in that amazing moment and journey!!
Review
Corporate Financial Aid and Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNJune 20, 2014
Daily ISIR and COD/CPS import/exports (Pell/Direct Loan originations, Exception Reporting and correcting, et cetera).

State Grant: Keeping State Grant Calculator Database up to date, DDS reporting (monthly).

MOHE Warning Rosters.

Pell LEU.

Direct Loan and Pell reconciliations (monthly).
Attending Globes' Vet Tech Program
STUDENT (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNJune 16, 2014
Pros: learning
A typical day at school would be a lot of reading. But, the best part was my Term and Anatomy classes, very hands on and I get to see and work with animals in hand. I love my teachers, they're very knowledgeable as well as the students. When I've taken time off of school, I find it really hard due to the fact of missing it as well as my head in the books.
==
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), MNMarch 13, 2014
Not an enjoyable place to work, they underpay, unfair advancement opportunities. Management is in most instances under qualified.
Very productive workplace and very nice employees and students.
Medical Assistant Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Madison WiMarch 13, 2014
Pros: loved it
Cons: only part-time
I taught medical assistant classes to college students. I really enjoyed teaching them what I have learned and more.
Pretty good school
Student- Animal Care Duties (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great relationships and friendships upon exit
Cons: costly
I enjoyed the educational benefits, but I really despise the price tag for it. It's not worth the money. It's going to be very difficult to pull ahead from this debt with the degree I chose to receive. A lot of hands on experience helps students learn another approach instead of just lectures. The faculty was always engaged and responsive. The hardest part about the education was the lack of financial help from the school, as if they could only do so much. The most enjoyable thing about the school was the atmosphere- that was usually friendly and inspiring.
Great place to work!!
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Rothschild, WIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, great benefits
Cons: low sensus resulting in job eliminations
Adequate training. Helpful co-workers. The best boss I ever had. They are very caring and family oriented.
There were always fun activities happening to make this job fun.
Some of the best co-workers
College Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 24, 2013
Pros: fun events
Cons: long hours
Days were very different, there was a lot of phone calls placed... sometimes upwards over 100. I learned a lot about time management. Management was decently fair but sometimes too micro-manage-y. Co-workers were the best, in all departments! The hardest part of the job was meeting enrollment goals, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with a student who belonged at our school and feeling confident that our school would help them reach their future career goals.
the "We Care" philosophy is prevalent all thru the company.
Employee (Current Employee), Globe UniversityApril 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: n/a
I have truly enjoyed working for Globe University. It is a great organization and they are very student centered. They have a great philosophy and "practice what they preach".
Decent
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2013
Overall the staff is friendly and helpful. Corporate structure and middle to upper management make poor strategic decisions. The industry is under a lot of pressure and job security is a concern for many.

All things considered, I did enjoy my time there. Not a place anybody would be significantly proud to retire from.
Fun place to work but with no adavncement available
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Moorhead, MNMarch 7, 2013
Pros: frequent free food, lots of management support
Cons: no benfits, pay only for classroom time, few chances to become full time
Globe University is a great place to work. The atmosphere is fun and supportive. There are moral boosting activities for the students and faculty and staff. The only problem is that most of the faculty are adjuncts with quarter to quarter contracts. There is no guarantee that a contract will be extended for the next quarter. Also adjuncts get paid for class room time only and no benefits.
Fun environment to learn and grow
Tutor (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 22, 2013
I help students to find a resource to help improve their math and writing skills.
Madison West Campus--Excellent work environment
Academic and Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 4, 2012
Madison West Campus--Excellent work environment! I really enjoy working there.
Productive and friendly work atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor and Tutor (Current Employee), Onalaska, WINovember 5, 2012
Globe University is a great educational institution that puts the students always first and is a career oriented College that makes sure students stay focused by the great support shown by staff and instructors.
Vision Based Educational Leader
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2012
Great university - remains family owned after more than 100 years.
Motivating company with limited ability to make money
Director of Sales (promotion) (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNMarch 29, 2012
Currently as Director of Sales, I work with a team of 5 representatives who present to potential students the important factors when selecting a school. My leadership style is best defined by being a passionate and fearless leader who instills confidence and creativity within his employees. The biggest struggle I have with this position is there is little room for bonuses or commission. The most enjoyable part of my position is meeting with prospective students every day and motivating them to finish their education.

May 30, 2012

There shouldn't be ANY sort of bonuses or commission when working at a for-profit college! Incentivising is a strict no-no.

Rewarding, but troubling
Instructor (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 17, 2012
Pros: low stress, can be rewarding
Cons: your students are in way over their heads, financially
While teaching the students was the best part, there is the underlying of culture of business. Private companies like this encourage students to go way over in debt for 'tuition,' yet provide little in the way of employment assistance. The students go into hock, work hard, and graduate with a relatively worthless piece of paper.