GlobeOP Financial Services Employee Reviews

not satisfied
analyst (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 10, 2013
Pros: free breakfast on thursdays
Cons: no professional education/advancement, difficult to cross-train, numerous monotonous conference calls.
Management was only concerned with getting product out least expensive way possible without consideration of employees or educational/professional advancement of employees.
What I learned
OTC Collateral/Settlements Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: great foundation for finance
Cons: long hours
Great company to learn about the hedge fund business. Learned a lot in the OTC derivatives.
Great manager, IT department is very dull.
IT Intern (Former Employee), Harrison, NYOctober 1, 2012
My manager was a very nice guy, and amazingly helpful. Learned very much to do with networking and helpdesk. Boring place to work though
Nice place to start a career, but you'll go nowhere fast
Software Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: they'll hire you so you get your foot in the door of a financial company and some work experience.
Cons: horrible pay. apathetic management - some of the accountants/operations teams are not the sharpest.
This company doesn't pay it's employees. They hire smart people who have a higher market value and lowball them.

Annual raises for new hires are 3% (i.e. not a raise in Real terms)
My coworkers and superiors were professional and knowledgeable.
Software Developer (Former Employee), Harrison, NYMay 25, 2012
Pros: knowledgeable co-workers and superiors, worked on large software systems with real impact.
Cons: poor financial compensation, poor job security.
My coworkers and superiors were professional and knowledgeable.

The company expected a solid day's work and sometimes expected the programmers to work on weekends to finish tight deadlines. They were vocally appreciative of the additional resource commitment but did not show their appreciation in terms of financial bonus, vacation time or job security. After I left I found out that they had laid off nearly the dozen workers they had recently hired, just before my departure, to outsource their software development department.

GlobeOp was not a negative experience. I understood what to expect from the company in terms of job security and compensation after a couple of months there.
fun place to work
Central Pricing Associate (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 4, 2012
This job was a great learning experience. I learned a lot about the valuation of derivatives and financial markets. My co-workers were very nice and I was fortunate enough to learn a lot from them. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients.
Good Work Balance
Human Resource Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2012
Pros: good work balance
Cons: compensation is low
GlobeOp is a great place to learn and offers a good work balance for it's employees.