Globus Medical Employee Reviews

Productive and family-friendly place to work.
Quality Assurance Specialist - Medical (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAOctober 23, 2016
This company is the best company I have ever worked with. The management treats you like a human being; they appreciate your efforts to participate in the continuous improvement of the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
None right now
The potential is there. But they are lacking crucial resources to support growth.
Cnc swiss (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAOctober 23, 2016
I've worked here for several years. I setup and operate cnc swiss turns. The atmosphere is calm and coworkers are friendly. The problem is they are trying to expand but due to the lack of personnel and the inability to
recruit more. The results are beginning to show.
Alot of it comes down to controlling personalities and their inability to pass on knowledge as wells letting others assume more responsibility. When you see new faces your excited to have a new team member. But then you quickly notice that same individual with knowledge that would help the team is brushed aside by individuals who think they need to do every aspect of the job and are afraid to pass on some of the responsibility to that same individual who was hired to for that purpose. I witnessed it first hand recently and am really shocked. We have several new machines but are letting valuable employee assets leave.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No communication
Full speed and about to crash
Cnc swiss (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAOctober 24, 2016
No communication
No way to advance
Keep purchasing equipment
But they are getting rid of good people??
Not finding any experienced people
Pros
For the most part great coworkers
Cons
No way to advance
Cool place to work. Training could be better.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2016
I worked at the San Antonio branch via a temp agency. At first everything seemed to be fine.The work was new to me, interesting, and it felt like I was really making a difference. After a few months, the politics started, and folks started showing their true colors. Speaking of true colors, there's a pinch of racism going on. That didn't bother me because at the end of the day, I was only there for the green. I just happen to notice.

The training was HORRIBLE. It was kind of a hands on type of teaching, but when it came down to knowing the ins and outs of exactly what it was that you were doing, you were lost. Paper work is a HUGE deal. You're expected to do a ton of it while you're processing tissue, and just as much, when you're done. Too many errors can and will cost you your job. Simple mistakes like your "i" resembling the number "1" can get you a write up. Within 2 weeks of me being there, I was half behind trained on 3 different functions, and had to train myself in my down time. Where do they do that at? In my short time there, I watched 10 people leave the company.
Pros
The people I worked with were cool, The atmosphere was fun, LOTS of overtime
Cons
Improper training, a few supervisors have chips on their shoulders
Generous benefit package but....
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAJuly 10, 2014
Globus is a publicly traded company ruled by a single individual. The physical office is a total dump. Lighting is poor, furniture is used and the lunchroom has 4 microwaves, 2 refrigerators and a single sink to serve 400 employees. The culture is pure engineer - no room for creativity. The turnover is huge. They are constantly training employees but not in anything remotely useful for job performance. Absolutely no mentoring, departments are completely siloed. No chance to telecommute and internet access is severely restricted. Altogether not a good place to work.
Pros
Ice cream on friday, free benefits
Cons
Impossible to perform up to expectations because they are never spelled out
Productive and fun workplace and actually did have a ping pong table
Medical Kit Assembler (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PANovember 12, 2015
Globus was a great work environment. Management was supportive and interacted with staff in an encouraging manner towards the job. It was a very responsible job knowing that the job we were doing was going to have an impact on someones life through their surgery. It had a lot of rewards.
Worst Manager
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAApril 8, 2016
Worst Manager - Doesn't know what He wants or How System works. Always talks over other and Never have open ears. Very rude, thinks He is correct everytime.
Pros
Pool Table, Ice Cream Friday
Cons
Manager are the Worst
Very employee friendly environment!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I did most of their clerical work each day I was in the office. The management was more than willing to explain what was needed and helped anytime I had questions concerning my tasks, as well as, if I made a mistake or just misunderstood anything, there was no repercussion but a warm smile and a lending hand. The job in itself was not very difficult but just very tedious on making sure I counted documents correctly for computer input. The coworkers were amazing which also added to a wonderful overall experience. My favorite part of the job was just being around great people in a upbeat and productive environment.
Pros
Pretzel Wednesday
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
productive work pool table and basket ball
Medical Kit Assembler/Returns Processor (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAApril 22, 2015
good co-workers I learn a lot about medical device the management is regular and enjoy the volleyball team on summer and the hard part
is the shift start a 10:00 to 6:30 and always missing my kids baseball games
daily
Inventory Control, Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Audubon PaOctober 21, 2015
I maintain the WIP & FG warehouse's, submit PO to vendors for outside service.
schedule work for the assembly area to ensure ontime deliveries to our customers.
Pros
great people
Cons
work with limited (new technology)
Profitable Business yet Questionable Ethics/Morality
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAAugust 19, 2014
An environment like this taught me many valuable concepts for business, career and my personal views on ethics and morality.
Pros
Free Soft Pretzels and Ice Cream Weekly
Cons
Questionable Ethics and Morality
Innovative Company that was great to work with some management issues
Assistant Spine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAAugust 7, 2012
The great part about my job was that no two days were ever the same. You always had to be willing to drop what you were doing at any time and help out a co-worker in providing our products for their customer. Although this meant a lot of driving and late nights, it was satisfying to know that everyone worked together as a team towards a common goal. I learned that effective communication was crucial to success in operating rooms and within our customer service and that being respectful and kind to others goes a long way.
Innovative Company
Interactive Developer (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAFebruary 20, 2013
Globus Medical is an amazing company to work for. With innovative strategies the company has grown as one of the largest spinal companies in the world.