GloryBee Foods Employee Reviews

GBF was a company that continued to grow from the first day I started working for them.
Pump and Load Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 5, 2015
Each day I faced a deadline. I was responsible for the care of the honey to be packaged for each day except for vacation time for the better part of thirteen years. Over the years GBF grew by leaps and bounds. Managing this growth was a difficult task. For a company to be in continual and constant change it was difficult to keep supervisors and leads to head up each department. The standards where set at a high level. As well expectations where continually changing because of the tremendous growth. My shift started at 1-am. This made it a challenge to have a social life. I enjoyed the challenges that each day presented.
Pros
Yearly raises, Good vacation allotment
Cons
Make up time off for holidays
compensation appears good until you consider the complete package
Sales (Former Employee) –  EugeneOctober 7, 2015
Outwardly appealing company with green practices and attractive compensation.
Consider 1 day of sick leave a year. No vacation leave until 1 full year and managers who refuse to allow sick employees to go home from work.
Sales office of cubicles and sick co-workers who have asked to go home but are told they are not allowed to leave. A staff member’s child broke a bone, they were allowed to leave to collect them from school but where requested to come back to work in the afternoon once the limb was cast.
Management with control, reprimand and punish type mentalities.
Strange ‘team building’ conferences and ‘Christian’ themed discussion.
Pros
cash bonuses (randomly, always with new loop holes for eligibility)
Cons
leave allowance, weird company culture, nepotism (family owned)
Unfortunately not a good employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 7, 2015
While this company has great products available, they are not an employer I would ever return to. First and foremost I have an issue with the vacation/sick policy. This information is not explicitly provided until after being hired, and does not promote a good work/life balance. The sick policy is almost laughable - for most employees, there is no paid sick time until after one year of employment, and then it is only one day for the second year, and two days for the third year. Employees have been told they cannot leave work when they are sick, which I have never experienced with any other employer, and sadly in turn gets the rest of that department sick as well. The vacation time is similar - entry level employees have zero paid vacation days until after one year. They are not in favor of employees taking unpaid sick/vacation time as well. The management team and people in leadership positions are not receptive to feedback from employees, and when employees are asked for feedback, nothing much changes. There is high turnover within the company, and the pay is not where it should be. Micromanagement is rampant. Schedule flexibility is almost nonexistent. This is a family owned company, yet they seem to have trouble making positive business decisions that benefit the company as a whole.
Productive and Fun workplace
Collections/ Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 9, 2014
I have grown so much working here for the past 12 years. It has taught me about people and management styles within the company. They are a very health oriented company so in turn it has helped me become and live a healthy lifestyle. My co-workers are the most amazing people to work with. We are like a big family of sisters. The hardest part of my job is when I have to talk to someone that is having a really hard time and struggling to pay their bills, but then the most rewarding part of my job is coming up with a plan the works with the company and the customer and we are in a win win situation.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
nothing really in my department
A challenging day in production
Senior Production Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 6, 2013
The production departments are planned for the next 5 days and all of a sudden, you have to make some last minute changes due to component setbacks. This can have a domino effect, but with thoughtful and careful planning, plan B can be put into operation
A company that provided me with every career aspect I was looking for.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 2, 2013
Glory Bee food is a family owned business that gave me invaluable experience for the work-place, life, and my objective outlook.
Positive environment, upbeat people to work with.
Dry Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 11, 2012
I worked at GloryBee Foods for only 2 months. I decided to step down on my own because I felt that the training they were giving me was below average. There was too much pressure put on me after only 2 weeks of being employed there. I had never done production before. The management pressured me to do work alone and to complete the work in a very unrealistic time. My fellow coworkers ( non management/supervisors) were fun to work with. They all had positive attitudes and helped me get through my work. I learned how production worked in the food environment. It was very interesting and I learned a good amount given the fact that I had only been employed there for 2 months. This job was not a career job, my career is in customer service.
Pros
coworkers were fun to work with, good benefits
Cons
training was below average, too much pressure with not enough training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GloryBee Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7