Glotel Employee Reviews

Good Contract Staffing Firm
Project Manager for T-Mobile (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 9, 2016
Glotel is the staffing firm that placed as a contractor at T-Mobile in New England. They communicate regularly and support me as needed in my role as a Project Manager for T-Mobile development in New England.
Pros
good communication and support
Contract employer. Good contacts with Fortune 500 companies
CONTRACTOR/OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2016
Contract employer. Good contacts with Fortune 500 companies. Benefits were not good. Pay was above average. Good introduction to companies.
Productive Work place
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJNovember 23, 2015
It's not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. New management means new challenges time should be taken to make sure everyone is taken care of and in the position that fits them best. Not everyone is built for every job but if people are more then just numbers then that can really become clear.
Glotel was operated out of Cary, North Carolina with busy dc installation duties
D C Power installer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 9, 2015
Ensured all aspects of dc installation properly and efficiently conducted. Learned new aspects of the job daily as well as met very nice people during the travels. I was competent with my duties which made for enjoyable work but being away from my family for extensive periods of time was difficult.
Promises of t-shirts never fulfilled
Wireless Field Technician I (Cell Technician) (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 24, 2015
I didn't really care about a t-shirt, but they told me they'd send me a few but never did. When someone tells me they'll send me something but never does, it bothers me. Also, this company does not provide vacation or holiday pay. No PTO or sick days either.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No paid holidays or vacation
Private line service
Metrics Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont ILOctober 9, 2014
Meet with supervisor to provide status on all open projects. Issue escalation on project which encountered obstacles. Learned the importantence of a private line. Worked very well with the management team. They supported the sales team and implemtation team very well. People on this team worked well togther to accomplish what was required by the customer. Removing road blocks was the hardest thing about this job. Completing a job and having the customer happy.
Pros
Seeing the customer happy
Cons
Obstacles and road blocks
Nice Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2014
Its a good company that offered had work to offer. My agent was very pleasant and helpful..
Good company for independent problem solving Indeviduals.
Wireless Communications Integrator/Technician (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 18, 2014
Check in with office and see if I would need to pick up any equipment from the warehouse. Then I would head out to cell sites to do Integration of the SIADs and the UMTS and LTE BBUs. I like the being able to work independently and as a team depending on the job.
Pros
reimbursements
Cons
sometimes lack of work
Project closeouts
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OhJuly 15, 2014
Great company to work for, Very flexible with work schedule, as i was able to work from home while attending school.
When its busy its busy, when its not its not.
Field Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 16, 2014
When there was work to do, you worked 60+ hours a week. When the work was slow, you sat around and waited for the phone to ring sometimes for weeks at a time.
Good Company
Project Controls Associate Project/Controls (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2014
Overall Glotel is a good company to work for. Not much direction when communicating current contract coming to a end. Good tenture gifts.
I loved this job
Systems Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
Everyone at this company was very kind and helpful. Management was also surprisingly helpful and also kind. Kind of a family oriented type of company.
Pros
Lots of BBQ's
Cons
Heavy equipment
(Black & Veatch - Telecom)
Project Facilitator - NORAD (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 7, 2013
Poor place to work due to poor training/outdated PWPT Slids. Lacks professional and experienced management and supervisors within the construction, engineering fields.
Pros
Nice corporate woods area and building
Cons
Unprofessional and unexperienced management staff in constuction field.

Comment – January 26, 2014

I agree with this statement! B&V hires unprofessional and unexperienced management/supervisors who lack the basis knowledge and understanding of the construction/engineering industry. Basis training was through the use of outdated PPT slides and no one on one training to learn the multiple software programs in order to support the DBA positions. The weekly Monday meetings ran by management were highly intimadating/harrassing causing a high stress level within the department.

Did not perform as planned
Project Manager - T-Mobile Inland Empire (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 28, 2013
In this specific market; Glotel made promises to the client they couldn't keep.
Didn't communicate well
Export Trade Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 15, 2013
Contracting company who had very little communications with me. In 28 months, I've seen them twice and talked to them a handful of times.
Circuit Provisioner
LEAD PROVISIONING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 5, 2013
Glotel is like any other contract company. However the Project Mgr on this job doesn't have any telecom experience. Therefore she/he is not useful and utilizes employees with the experience to do her job. She/He is working that person to death and you as an employee are poorly trained because you have to get help from fellow reps. If you drop a circuit or comment on how things are done you are out the door. Turnover rate 13 reps gone in 9 months.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor training and management
Poor communication from HR department
Site Acquisition Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 24, 2013
My experience there was short and therefore not one that should be used to evaluate the company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Changed some employment terms after starting. Eventually corrected.
Glotel/Yahoo!
Billing Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 15, 2013
Get to work and log into my computer. Then begin the day taking payments for Yahoo! small business customers. I learned how to handle billing calls, take payments, and increased my experience in customer service. Management and co-workers were excellent to work with, very helpful. The hardest part of the job would of had to been the training, there was a great deal of information to learn, just like any job. The training was very extensive. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the environment.
Office Assistant
Provisioning Coordinator/Designer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 11, 2013
I love helping people and doing general office work. Making sure that everything in the office runs smooth and things flow. In a postitve manor.
We are on call 7 days a week and have to travel away from home to up grade cell towers in all types of weather
Electrician/Cell tower tech (Current Employee) –  Utah Idaho July 1, 2013
we drive long distances following gps coordinates to find cell sites in Utah and Idaho. when we would get to the cell sites we would have to call and check in with cell provider and fill out proper paper work for type of job we are doing some days we would just be driving other day we would be mounting radio fq cabinets,running electrical or terminating electrical ,running ridged pipe for electrical and low voltage i had a partner and management was good they would check on you if you needed help they would help if they could we had many co workers from all over. the hardest part of the job was being away from my family for up to six weeks at a time the nice thing about the job was paid drive time,company truck and gas card ins for my family paid food allowance per day. good work atmosphere no bosses looking over your shoulder
Pros
paid drive time, company truck and gas card, ins for my family, paid food allowance per day, good work atmosphere, no bosses looking over your shoulder
Cons
not steady work and having to be away from my family for long pierods of time

2.7