Glotel

Glotel United States Employee Reviews

Private line service
Metrics Manager (Former Employee), Rosemont ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: seeing the customer happy
Cons: obstacles and road blocks
Meet with supervisor to provide status on all open projects. Issue escalation on project which encountered obstacles. Learned the importantence of a private line. Worked very well with the management team. They supported the sales team and implemtation team very well. People on this team worked well togther to accomplish what was required by the customer. Removing road blocks was the hardest thing about this job. Completing a job and having the customer happy.
Nice Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2014
Its a good company that offered had work to offer. My agent was very pleasant and helpful..
Good company for independent problem solving Indeviduals.
Wireless Communications Integrator/Technician (Current Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: reimbursements
Cons: sometimes lack of work
Check in with office and see if I would need to pick up any equipment from the warehouse. Then I would head out to cell sites to do Integration of the SIADs and the UMTS and LTE BBUs. I like the being able to work independently and as a team depending on the job.
Project closeouts
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Youngstown, OhJuly 15, 2014
Great company to work for, Very flexible with work schedule, as i was able to work from home while attending school.
When its busy its busy, when its not its not.
Field Construction Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJune 16, 2014
When there was work to do, you worked 60+ hours a week. When the work was slow, you sat around and waited for the phone to ring sometimes for weeks at a time.
Good Company
Project Controls Associate Project/Controls (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2014
Overall Glotel is a good company to work for. Not much direction when communicating current contract coming to a end. Good tenture gifts.
I loved this job
Systems Network Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: lots of bbq's
Cons: heavy equipment
Everyone at this company was very kind and helpful. Management was also surprisingly helpful and also kind. Kind of a family oriented type of company.
(Black & Veatch - Telecom)
Project Facilitator - NORAD (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 7, 2013
Pros: nice corporate woods area and building
Cons: unprofessional and unexperienced management staff in constuction field.
Poor place to work due to poor training/outdated PWPT Slids. Lacks professional and experienced management and supervisors within the construction, engineering fields.

January 26, 2014

I agree with this statement! B&V hires unprofessional and unexperienced management/supervisors who lack the basis knowledge and understanding of the construction/engineering industry. Basis training was through the use of outdated PPT slides and no one on one training to learn the multiple software programs in order to support the DBA positions. The weekly Monday meetings ran by management were highly intimadating/harrassing causing a high stress level within the department.

Did not perform as planned
Project Manager - T-Mobile Inland Empire (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 28, 2013
In this specific market; Glotel made promises to the client they couldn't keep.
Didn't communicate well
Export Trade Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 15, 2013
Contracting company who had very little communications with me. In 28 months, I've seen them twice and talked to them a handful of times.
Circuit Provisioner
LEAD PROVISIONING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: poor training and management
Glotel is like any other contract company. However the Project Mgr on this job doesn't have any telecom experience. Therefore she/he is not useful and utilizes employees with the experience to do her job. She/He is working that person to death and you as an employee are poorly trained because you have to get help from fellow reps. If you drop a circuit or comment on how things are done you are out the door. Turnover rate 13 reps gone in 9 months.
Poor communication from HR department
Site Acquisition Project Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: changed some employment terms after starting. eventually corrected.
My experience there was short and therefore not one that should be used to evaluate the company.
Glotel/Yahoo!
Billing Client Advocate (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORSeptember 15, 2013
Get to work and log into my computer. Then begin the day taking payments for Yahoo! small business customers. I learned how to handle billing calls, take payments, and increased my experience in customer service. Management and co-workers were excellent to work with, very helpful. The hardest part of the job would of had to been the training, there was a great deal of information to learn, just like any job. The training was very extensive. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the environment.
Office Assistant
Provisioning Coordinator/Designer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 11, 2013
I love helping people and doing general office work. Making sure that everything in the office runs smooth and things flow. In a postitve manor.
We are on call 7 days a week and have to travel away from home to up grade cell towers in all types of weather
Electrician/Cell tower tech (Current Employee), Utah IdahoJuly 1, 2013
Pros: paid drive time, company truck and gas card, ins for my family, paid food allowance per day, good work atmosphere, no bosses looking over your shoulder
Cons: not steady work and having to be away from my family for long pierods of time
we drive long distances following gps coordinates to find cell sites in Utah and Idaho. when we would get to the cell sites we would have to call and check in with cell provider and fill out proper paper work for type of job we are doing some days we would just be driving other day we would be mounting radio fq cabinets,running electrical or terminating electrical ,running ridged pipe for electrical and low voltage i had a partner and management was good they would check on you if you needed help they would help if they could we had many co workers from all over. the hardest part of the job was being away from my family for up to six weeks at a time the nice thing about the job was paid drive time,company truck and gas card ins for my family paid food allowance per day. good work atmosphere no bosses looking over your shoulder
Poor management
Circuit Designer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 30, 2013
Cons: poor pay, no benefits, no vacation, sick days or holidays
Management is more concerned about menial issues that the actual work assignment at hand. They don't care about your performance...only that you are are a "yes man".
They will keep on poor performers that suck up to management. But let go of the good performers because they don't suck up to management.
Poor pay for the work, no benefits, vacation or holidays. And they aren't even willing to let you make up time if you get sick.
Complaints about work environment will end up with you getting let go, no matter how well your perform.
Excellent company for contract work
Project Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 1, 2013
Pros: opportunities, career advancement, support
I enjoyed working with Glotel. Recruiters and payroll were responsive and always available for questions. I was placed on two consecutive assignments with excellent pay and opportunity to work on challenging assignments. I hope to work with Glotel again in the near future.
Great company gave us training as needed to keep us up to date on latest technology
ASR/Core Provisioner (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: they gave us whatever we need to do the job
Had a great time understand I work remote, but they did their best to stay in constant contact with each employee.
Recruiter (Current Employee), -February 19, 2013
Pros: commission plans, benefits, generous vacation
Cons: none i can think of at the moment
Glotel is an ethical and team focused work environment. There is opportunity for growth and potential for a long term career. Successes as a recruiter are easy to come by with a solid team structure and opportunity to work on a variety of reqs. The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly.
Test/Reliability Engineering or related position that allows me utilize my expertise in an environment conductive
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2012
Telecommunication expert, Install and commissioning. Onsite activity includes integration of Sprint LTE network, implementing new scripts files for 3G and 4G integration.

About Glotel

Glotel USA is a specialized supplier of workforce solutions and project management solutions for the Telecommunications and Information – Read more