Inventory & Planning Assistant Manager
Glovis Georgia, is an integrated logistics company located in West Point, Georgia. We provide Tier 1 logistic, warehousing and inventory services to Kia Motors Manufacturing. We currently have and opening for an Inventory & Planning Assistant Manager.
- Maintains integrity of the physical inventory within facility.
- Analyzes and monitors the financial and operational impact of inventory adjustments.
- Establishes and manages cycle count programs to maintain inventory balance.
- Researches transaction history to determine the source of inventory variances and order picking errors.
- Ensures proper utilization of FIFO.
- Coordinate inventory audits for facility.
- Manage obsolete parts and old stock within facility and inventory yard.
- Collect and report KPI data internally and to customer.
- Ensures proper classification and storage of inventory.
- Responsible for managing the inventory/planning staff to include: conducting performance reviews, resolving conflicts, issuing corrective action, keeping team members motivated and on-task, managing time off requests as well training new staff members in inventory/planning processes.
- Lead cross functional teams to coordinate the activities of inventory control within facility.
- Work daily with customers to analyze inventory discrepancies and provide counter measures as needed.
- In-depth monitoring and analysis of inventory movement and patterns within inventory computer systems.
- Provide direction for systems improvements and changes to operations procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Work with training department to create training for other departments within facility to ensure that all departments maintain current knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Works very closely with external customers regarding inventory levels, concerns, and resolutions.
- Assist Operations Manager and COO as needed with additional projects.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 4 Year Business Degree and 3-5 years full time working experience in a inventory management role (preferably in an automotive or manufacturing environment).
- SAP Experience or other Inventory Computer Program experience preferred
- Strong Excel Skills: MUST be able to create complex excel formulas as well as Pivot Tables and V-Lookups.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs such as Work and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and written.
Applicants must include all necessary information to enable employer to reference employment history. Employer will conduct a pre-employment background, physical and drug screen.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Glovis Georgia is a tier 1 supplier for the Kia Motors Manufacturing facility in West Point, Georgia. Glovis provides logistics and...