GLS Employee Reviews

full time with great opportunities
Vehicle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 13, 2017
GLS is a great entry level company to work for. The supervisors encourage you to do well, and are willing to help along the way. Highly recommended place to work for right out of college and beyond.
Pros
Management, Weekends off, great pay
Cons
limited time off
Great atmosphere - fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAMay 3, 2017
Unfortunately, GLS Capital Services is no longer in business and has closed it doors in 1999. Management kept an open line of communication with staff on daily business operations. They were open to suggestions for new and innovative business process. They promoted a great work-live balance.
laid back mostly
Cultivation assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2017
its a good company to start with to learn to be a good trimmer. there isnt much room for advancement within the company, im sure the environment will be perfect for the right candidate.
very good experiance
interpreter (Former Employee) –  IRAQ- BAGDADFebruary 8, 2017
Working with the GLS company as interpreter and joint with the US solders are a realy excited .
I got a very good experiance specially when i get my first class in medic ! after that when i done my classes course i start to train the iraqi solders in medic and serviving methods .
Tricked onto assignment I regretted
Press helper (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 8, 2016
There are two facilities of GLS. The flagship is Brooklyn Park and the smaller building is in St. Paul. The job I applied for was press feeder. I was recently laid off and I figured, "I'll do something different that web printing." After the interview I was told the position of sheet fed feeder was not available. A press helper job was available in STP. Okay, whatever. This position turned out to be a two day a week temporary position with no benefits and no paid holidays. The HR director should have been more forthright and not offered me part time employment that led to nowhere. I quit when my hours were cut to nothing. The co-workers I had did not cause me any issues. St. Paul was a laid back place to work at, but if you're only a temporary you're on the outside looking in.
Pros
You're not under intense scrutiny
Cons
Lack of full time opportunity
Landscape/ lawn service supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 23, 2016
It has it's good & bad days. The owner/management are good people but they are disorganized! It slows production down. A typical workday is 6am-9pm
nice organizaiton to work for
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIOctober 30, 2015
Everyone at this organization is all about the clients and staff. They are very professional, outgoing, and team orientated in team playing.
stressfull work enviorment
CAD Drafter/ Designer (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAOctober 6, 2015
Project Manager had no experience in the position. With clients calling in angree, it was hard to want to work there. No benefits. Employees stressed because of the clients. Sometimes we did get all the information from the field crew and plans would be wrong. Co-workers tried to support each other.
Fun driving assortment of cars.
Driver/Porter (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights MIMay 31, 2015
Had difficulty getting up & into large van for transportation, but a great group of people, flexible and easy going. Enjoyed the custom and antique vehicles in the warehouse.
I enjoy working as linguist in Kuwait, the problem I am far from family
A linguist (Current Employee) –  overseas, in KuwaitMay 18, 2015
in a typical day at work, I open my computer and check the work for the day; written translation of letters, forms, etc, or an appointment for a verbal conference translation.
I always learn new terms and idiom from both language; the target language and the English language.
I am getting long with my co-worker, and sometimes I collaborate in jobs that allowable to be shared.
when I have a lot of paper to translate, and the due time is very short, usually is hard but, I deliver the work on time.
I enjoy the verbal translation between the two language, I learn a lot how people uses the language to communicate.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
overworking
Worked with a great team of people
1800 operator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed all that the job had to offer, we received incoming calls only from Ford Motor Co, enjoyed assisting customer with issues relating their automobiles and products, I learned that working with a team is great, because you learn from each other, the hardest part was when the company lost the contract, a typical day would be getting calls from all over the state of Michigan
Pros
The pros were the work schedule because I was still attending school
Cons
the fact that the company lost their contract, therefore laying us off
Challenging Overseas Military Work Environment
Cultural Advisor, Linguist, Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Kuwait and various other gulf countriesOctober 24, 2013
12 hour work days, 6 days a week.

Got to experience varied countries and cultures.

Average management, room for improvement.

Supportive co-workers.

Being away from friends and family.

Serving our country.
Pros
Tax free pay
Cons
Very conservative country
not a fair place to work!
Press feeder (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 18, 2013
my co worker was a hot head! he had a chip on his shoulder!
my boss new but did not switch me with someone else! the whole shop new him! so I did not work out! there loss! the job was good and should have worked out good Jerry
Typical plastics place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McHenryILAugust 20, 2013
I was a temp when I worked there but while I was there for 3 months, I enjoyed the people and the job. I tried to get hired on in their customer service department but the CS manager said I did not have enough experience. I then went on to work for Snap On for 3 years as a SENIOR CSR.
Pros
good people
Cons
not room for advancement
great place to learn
Network Operations Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2013
good
noc operations etc
satisfactory
good to work with
no enough tech on floor
completing task customer happy
Pros
Casual work place
Cons
work load
productivity, fun working place
Asst. Director, Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Hermanville, MSMay 27, 2013
It very fun working with GLS i get to meet new people every weekend.
Linguist Company at Virginia.
Translator / Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2013
Excellent pay.
The job is to work with the military overseas.
it was fun and productive
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 18, 2013
it was fast pace working it was big size company to work for and provide high volume candidates and it wa great place to work
Outstanding Company
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, IlJanuary 5, 2013
Working at GLS regardless of what position an employee may hold will prove enjoyable. I worked in R&D and had a fabulous time. The work GLS does is fun and interesting, and management was exemplary. GLS provides wonderful benefits and salary. It would be a challenge to find fault with how this company operates.
Great experince
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 12, 2012
Great work experience gained and perform very well under pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval