GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good company bad management
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 21, 2017
Some campaigns are managed horribly and therefore they lose the contract. Hours are not steady, management lies about upcoming work and workload. Empty promises and working for free essentially.
Great Culture
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2017
GMR's greatest asset is the amazing people you will get to work with each day. I have never been so impressed as I have been by the inclusive, fun culture that GMR promotes
Experience depends on the office
Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 9, 2017
It's a big company with many offices. Experience depends on the one you work in. Some are great and ranked best place to work in that city, others not so much.
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2017
Love helping someone get discounts on items and speaking with the public. Love the commission checks. Would recommend for employment to anyone. Also love working with the public.
Depending on job great opportunity for advancement
Mobile Marketing Event Manager (Part time) (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2017
The work is not easy but anything worth doing never is. You will get to meet so many different people and learn a lot. If you are single and like to travel the jobs here are perfect. If you are not single I can imagine this type of environment and/or career could be challenging to your family life. I loved the experiences that I had while working here, the places that I was able to visit and the amazing people that I met.
Fun and versitalie
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2017
GMR marketing is a global company with tons of very end clients that send out local to mobile marketing tours. GMR understands brand awareness and consumer engagement.
Pros
fun and changing enviroment
Cons
unless with corparate always check to check
One Size Fits All Approach Fails
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
In my opinion, the strategists within the corporate office fail to design programs that meet the specific demands of all markets covered. Small towns and big cities are expected to execute under the same parameters which leads to logistical problems.

Sometimes, the overlays and performance expectations are unrealistic in ANY market for the specific product I promoted. In the field, it is common knowledge that some "successful" teams lie and cheat to meet their required performance numbers. This skews the numbers for everyone.

Running a legit program in the NY market means working much harder and much longer hours than most. This has an extreme negative effect on work/life balance. This means your staff must work harder as well.

Regardless, the corporate powers that be may decide to change the rating system at any given time to highlight the markets they want to achieve and/or expand. It would appear that these decisions are not necessarily based on their client's vision, but on the desires and plans of the corporate office (company "insiders"). For example, a Regional Manager may hail from a particular town and want to return. So, this town may show up as a recommended market.

It is not uncommon for corporate staff to use the audit system to visit markets that are tourist attractions or visit family or run a marathon, etc. Perhaps, this happens within many organizations. However, it becomes increasingly frustrating when the same decision makers visit your market (one after the other) and continue to ignore the realities of executing their programs in your city.
Pros
Paid training; home office; venue partnerships you create/maintain
Cons
No local upper management / decision makers; poor work / life balance
Loved It!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
I loved working for GMR marketing. It is an excellent side job if your looking for some extra money. I recommend this company to friends all the time.
Productive and fast paced working environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 30, 2017
GMR Marketing is a great way to network and gain experience in engagement marketing. Working hours are typically late nights promoting products to a specific target group at different locations. GMR gives their ambassadors autonomy while working but must show results. This job is highly social and will discover new cities.
Pros
Great pay per hour
Cons
Working hours are late nights
Fast Paced - but needs Org
Sr. Project Manager, Social New Berlin (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 25, 2017
My team was relatively small and is one of the newer teams at GMR - so much so that even though I'd been at GMR for 6 years, there was no real team structure. So, while at times the work was very rewarding and fun, it was frustrating as an employee to have been at a place so long that didn't really offer a career path. Hoping that they're fixing that. Anyway, there are a lot of positive things about working at GMR too. The people are amazing. The clients are big names & you get to do a lot of fun and interesting things as a result!
Pros
So many. Dog Days, Happy Hours, Great people
Cons
Lack of structure in SOME departments
Productive and fun team to work with
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Area eventsMay 20, 2017
Great teamwork and fun atmosphere. Exciting outdoor environment. Meet employees and customers from all over the United States. Interacting with the public.
Very good place to work for depending on your supervisor
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WI 53151May 10, 2017
I was excited to work for GMR. Never worked for a company liked it before. My manager started nitpicking at my work and that made the job more stressful.
Pros
Friends, Work Enviroment
Cons
issues with supervisor
Fun and rewarding
Senior Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
How can it get any better than this? You get paid to talk to people all shift long. As long as you are responsible it is a great place to work. It also does help if you are competitive.
need good money but have a life? GMR is for you
Senior Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2017
never once have I had a job that would give me all the hours I could take and still have time for a life, I loved it and will tell anyone to do it awesome job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
slow times of the year
excellent place to work
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for GMR Marketing, started with the company when it was Gary Reynolds and Associates and grew with the company which became part of Omnicom Corp, the 4th largest marketing firms in the world. With the rapid growth, there were numerous changes including 3 major computer systems while I was there and moved to 3 different locations with in the 7+ years working there.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
large turnover in employees
Great place to work.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
GMR Marketing is a great place to work. There are opportunities to move up but only if I am willing to move states. Unfortunately I am not willing to move states so I need to think about my future here.
Pros
Good Hourly, fits my skills.
Cons
Lots of traveling, difficult to be compensated for expenses
Very fun and productive workplace
Senior Tour/ I.T. Manager (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 25, 2017
It is a joy to work for GMR. Everyday I learn something new and get toes some of the latest and greatest products. Management is very professional and nice. The office is fun and doesn't feel like work. It is one of the best places I have ever worked.
the best job a ever had
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  5000 South Towne Dr new Berline WIDecember 12, 2016
It was a good place to work pay was good co work where fun Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement Management
Great company
Brand Ambassador/Promotional Model (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2016
They are all very welcoming! love the company! I loved that they all care about their workers! It has been one of my favorite companies to work with thus far!
Pros
flexable
Cons
not many hours
Ok Place to work, nothing impressive and certainly not a place for longevity
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAOctober 31, 2016
The travel was amazing, getting to see new places and meet new people and experience the different promotional events we served. Unfortunately the job doesn't have any kind of security for ambassadors and basically isn't guaranteed from event to event, a lot of butt kissing has to be done in order to get on with any good promotional campaign and an intense amount of favoritism is shown which is a horrible business practice. If the company would truly commit to it's BA's and give credit where credit is due the company would be a lot more successful for its clients and recieve a lot more return on investment. It's quite appalling the amount of hoops one has to jump through, even if your a great BA, just to get another job with this company.
Pros
Travel, coworkers, exciting events
Cons
Management, favoritism, preset BA teams by certain managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMR Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2