Gms Employee Reviews

N/a
Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company and will have no problem going back to work for them. Love the people and my co workers. Love given the opportunity to learn and see that I had growth to expand with the company.
hard work with hardly any pay
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Granted this was only a stepping stone but i started out at 10 dollars an hour to work 1000ft under ground. I did learn a lot here and it opened me up to bigger and better jobs.
Caring Staff
On Call Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILNovember 28, 2015
GMS is an excellent place to work. They have a caring staff that will help you with anything you are puzzled about directly or indirectly. They are always ready to assist anyone (staff or customers). I received a good salary and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of work.
review
Emergency Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 18, 2015
great enviroment pay was also great the staff were very respectful
learned new computer skills emergency dispatcher was a great experience
good place to start
Coal Miner (Former Employee) –  pleasent groove,paAugust 21, 2015
GMS is a good place to start if you are looking into going underground/trying to get on with consol or any other company. You learn the mines and how to get around which makes it nice for if you do try to go company
Productive and a competitive work inviorment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 24, 2015
I would take care of the payroll and listen and supervise calls that would come in and go out on a daily basis, I would handle complaints and write ups, I would handle hiring and terminations and take care of any filing that was needed to be done. The hardest part of my job was being responsible for 250 employees. I enjoyed the people I worked with they were fun and had great attitudes every day. I enjoyed going to work every day and doing what I do.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Different attitudes
Worked around good people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  waynesburg PAJune 29, 2015
Management wasnt the best never satisfied them even though you would work constantly getting your jobs completed, hardest part of the job was building walls you had a certian time to get them done but had to carry the blocks a far distance to get it to the wall, but overall it was a good exercise and the guys i worked with didnt slack
Pros
Got to learn alot
Cons
short breaks
Good Job
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Government Contractor - provides support in supply, technical and procurement. Only problem is stress during contract renewal. Great for retirees looking for a few extra years.
good place to start a mining career
Mine contractor/ general laborer (Former Employee) –  waynesburg paApril 28, 2015
you learn all the basics you need to know about mining and for the most part they will work with you if you don't know how to do something.
Pros
good start in the mining industry
Cons
you never know when your going to get laid off
great place to work outdoors and enjoy fresh air and people
Embassador on Golf Course (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 31, 2015
Usually the daily routine is the same with the exception of dealing with the individuals who are playing golf. Learned that not all people can be pleased all the time but the majority of them are happy and try to get along with everyone.
Management is management and are there to run a successful type of business without upsetting anyone. They do what they feel is best for the company and its employees. The people I work with are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with and most all of them go out of there way to help you if a situation would arise where you would need time off for personal reasons and are willing to cover a shift for you. I would almost say that the hardest part of the job is getting up at 4 am and going to work but once up and moving, it is a great place to work and spend time with co-workers and friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people from all over the world on a daily basis and talking to them about there experiences here where we live and work.
Pros
50 per cent off our regular golfing fees for working there
Cons
no benefits what-so-ever
Great Company to work for!
Coal Miner (Current Employee) –  Moundsville WVJune 24, 2014
GMS definitely take safety serious! It is their number one priority to make sure that all of their employees are safe and well taken care of!
Productive and Interesting each day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 3, 2014
I was a customer service rep and I helped customers with their accounts. I placed money on their accounts and helped them if they had any problems with their computer. I also had to complete a deposit at the end of my shift and make a bank drop.
Pros
great atmosphere and coworkers meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Coal Miner (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVApril 21, 2014
Very physical labor daily, Dangerous job, great team leaders and management, Great crews,
Nice
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ft.lauderdale , FLMarch 20, 2014
Quiet on the phone most of time..Nice envioronment..Busy at times.. Leads slow company couldnt pay employees
bad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2013
all around not a great environment to work in. All the medical assistants that I had the pleasure of working with was great as well as a few DRs that worked there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and being treated very poorly
Good work
OPERATOR/ SET (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2012
Pay not high but part run so easy and pay check ontime. Working hard in night ship
Not increase salary each year
OPERATOR/ SET (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2012
Easy work, increase pay check not much at each year. The manager push so much to worker.
It was a fun workplace
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  WICHITA FALLS TXJune 6, 2012
Gms was a fun workplace but if u didn't make the sales u were eventually fired and it was not good on paying you every week it was always something wrong with their budget.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits no job security
A job that comes with a hat rack full of hats to wear throughout your day!
Tee Times/ Membership Department Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 5, 2012
Our office was seated on the Spanish Springs Town Square of The Villages on the second floor of the MVP Fitness Center. 3 days a week my day would start out with a work out! I strongly feel that exercise is the key to a strong mind. Upon arrival to my office I would approve payroll from the day prior, spot check emails for anything that might require immediate attention, spot checking the schedule as to greet each employee upon arrival. Brief the staff on any updates and get them off to a great start. Depending upon the time of week and month determined what would follow. It may be review course schedules and create the tee times for all of the courses, or teach a "Good Golf School",or complete a column for the newspaper, or be a guest speaker for the local radio station, schedule a few meetings or training sessions in the conference rooms of the office, order food & beverage for those meetings, meet with a resident to book a large group or tournament of some nature, address concerns with a resident, process a membership, cover the front desk, help answer the phone lines, draft a letter for the CEO, investigate fraud within the tee times system, plan a staffing meeting or outing and address emails throughout the day. I always thanked each employee at the end of the day and wished them a pleasant evening. I absolutely loved the diversity of this job. Meeting with the residents and knowing I was able to turn someone's day into a positive. The most difficult thing for me was to keep the amount of overtime in check. Even though I was salaried I soon realized too much of any one  more... thing is not good no matter how much I enjoyed what I was doing. I came up with a plan and for the most part...stuck too it. Bringing a smile to someone's face, turning a negative into a positive is what fed my passion. Kicking the office up just a notch by encouraging employees to celbrate Dr. Suess' birthday, Cinco de Mayo, the first day of each season, national chocolate chip cookie day, and the like was fun for all! Everyone will always remember the Kentucky Derby Hat contest. Everyone was encouraged to design and wear a hat which in turn assisted our department in raising funds to support a local needy family during Christmas. I have learned the importance of making the separation between work and play along with learning that it is best not to live within the community that you work. Glass houses can be a little tricky! This was a job that I will miss but will be able to bring all that I've learned to the table of my next adventure!  less
Pros
diversity throughout the day, week and season
Cons
no job security, no bonus structure holiday or otherwise, no recognition for the middle management staff