Gms Employee Reviews

bad work experiance
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILOctober 22, 2017
By far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. the pay was low for the job that I was doing, there was no advancement in sight, and they did mot take care of their hurt employees.
Coal mine
Underground Coal Miner (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAMay 23, 2017
It is not the easiest job working as a coal miner. Its very hard labor and its not for everyone going underground. If you can get over that youll be fine.
Experienced Miner (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KY 42431April 4, 2017
I enjoyed my employment there they were very quick to check on their employees and maintain safety and guidance from day to day. Very good supervision and oprutunities.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Less pay
tranquilo con cafe gratis
clener (Current Employee) –  richmond vaFebruary 22, 2017
recordar el piso sacar la basura sacudir y aspirar limpiar baños y trapear
Cons
no ay aguinaldo
Horrible place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 6, 2017
I've worked there and some staff and upper management are horrible! Staff get away with neglecting some of the consumers, some staff don't do anything and still get paid. My boss was so disrespectful towards staff and consumers. I wouldn't go back there. Not worth it.
N/a
Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company and will have no problem going back to work for them. Love the people and my co workers. Love given the opportunity to learn and see that I had growth to expand with the company.
Down to earth workplace
human resources assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 21, 2016
I started p/t as a HR Asst, in the years I've been here, I've learned so much about Human Resources and what it entails. Health Insurance premiums and benefits, copays, co-insurance, deductibles etc. I have a better understanding of it. Timesheet system, with vacation, sick and personal time for employees, hours and overtime. FMLA and what qualifies a worker. Short Term Disability State, Certifications. Payroll, taxes, coding, overtime, exempt/non-exempt employees, loans, etc.

Co-workers are great and very informative on what they bring to the company.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get everything accurate, sometimes you have last minute changes and want to get everything in in a timely manner.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone happy when you've done your job well.
hard work with hardly any pay
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Granted this was only a stepping stone but i started out at 10 dollars an hour to work 1000ft under ground. I did learn a lot here and it opened me up to bigger and better jobs.
Caring Staff
On Call Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILNovember 28, 2015
GMS is an excellent place to work. They have a caring staff that will help you with anything you are puzzled about directly or indirectly. They are always ready to assist anyone (staff or customers). I received a good salary and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of work.
review
Emergency Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 18, 2015
great enviroment pay was also great the staff were very respectful
learned new computer skills emergency dispatcher was a great experience
good place to start
Coal Miner (Former Employee) –  pleasent groove,paAugust 21, 2015
GMS is a good place to start if you are looking into going underground/trying to get on with consol or any other company. You learn the mines and how to get around which makes it nice for if you do try to go company
Productive and a competitive work inviorment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 24, 2015
I would take care of the payroll and listen and supervise calls that would come in and go out on a daily basis, I would handle complaints and write ups, I would handle hiring and terminations and take care of any filing that was needed to be done. The hardest part of my job was being responsible for 250 employees. I enjoyed the people I worked with they were fun and had great attitudes every day. I enjoyed going to work every day and doing what I do.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Different attitudes
Worked around good people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  waynesburg PAJune 29, 2015
Management wasnt the best never satisfied them even though you would work constantly getting your jobs completed, hardest part of the job was building walls you had a certian time to get them done but had to carry the blocks a far distance to get it to the wall, but overall it was a good exercise and the guys i worked with didnt slack
Pros
Got to learn alot
Cons
short breaks
Good Job
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Government Contractor - provides support in supply, technical and procurement. Only problem is stress during contract renewal. Great for retirees looking for a few extra years.
good place to start a mining career
Mine contractor/ general laborer (Former Employee) –  waynesburg paApril 28, 2015
you learn all the basics you need to know about mining and for the most part they will work with you if you don't know how to do something.
Pros
good start in the mining industry
Cons
you never know when your going to get laid off
great place to work outdoors and enjoy fresh air and people
Embassador on Golf Course (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 31, 2015
Usually the daily routine is the same with the exception of dealing with the individuals who are playing golf. Learned that not all people can be pleased all the time but the majority of them are happy and try to get along with everyone.
Management is management and are there to run a successful type of business without upsetting anyone. They do what they feel is best for the company and its employees. The people I work with are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with and most all of them go out of there way to help you if a situation would arise where you would need time off for personal reasons and are willing to cover a shift for you. I would almost say that the hardest part of the job is getting up at 4 am and going to work but once up and moving, it is a great place to work and spend time with co-workers and friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people from all over the world on a daily basis and talking to them about there experiences here where we live and work.
Pros
50 per cent off our regular golfing fees for working there
Cons
no benefits what-so-ever
Great Company to work for!
Coal Miner (Current Employee) –  Moundsville WVJune 24, 2014
GMS definitely take safety serious! It is their number one priority to make sure that all of their employees are safe and well taken care of!
Productive and Interesting each day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 3, 2014
I was a customer service rep and I helped customers with their accounts. I placed money on their accounts and helped them if they had any problems with their computer. I also had to complete a deposit at the end of my shift and make a bank drop.
Pros
great atmosphere and coworkers meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Coal Miner (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVApril 21, 2014
Very physical labor daily, Dangerous job, great team leaders and management, Great crews,
Nice
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ft.lauderdale , FLMarch 20, 2014
Quiet on the phone most of time..Nice envioronment..Busy at times.. Leads slow company couldnt pay employees