Gms

Gms Employer Reviews

Productive and Interesting each day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and coworkers meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
I was a customer service rep and I helped customers with their accounts. I placed money on their accounts and helped them if they had any problems with their computer. I also had to complete a deposit at the end of my shift and make a bank drop.
Great Company
Coal Miner (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVApril 21, 2014
Very physical labor daily, Dangerous job, great team leaders and management, Great crews,
NICE
customer service representative (Former Employee), Ft.lauderdale , FLMarch 20, 2014
QUIET ON THE PHONE MOST OF TIME..NICE ENVIORONMENT..BUSY AT TIMES.. LEADS SLOW COMPANY COULDNT PAY EMPLOYEES
bad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks and being treated very poorly
all around not a great environment to work in. All the medical assistants that I had the pleasure of working with was great as well as a few DRs that worked there.
GOOD WORK
OPERATOR/ SET (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2012
PAY NOT HIGH BUT PART RUN SO EASY AND PAY CHECK ONTIME. WORKING HARD IN NIGHT SHIP
NOT INCREASE SALARY EACH YEAR
OPERATOR/ SET (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2012
EASY WORK, INCREASE PAY CHECK NOT MUCH AT EACH YEAR. THE MANAGER PUSH SO MUCH TO WORKER.
IT WAS A FUN WORKPLACE
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee), WICHITA FALLS TXJune 6, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no benefits no job security
GMS WAS A FUN WORKPLACE BUT IF U DIDN'T MAKE THE SALES U WERE EVENTUALLY FIRED AND IT WAS NOT GOOD ON PAYING YOU EVERY WEEK IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEIR BUDGET.
A job that comes with a hat rack full of hats to wear throughout your day!
Tee Times/ Membership Department Manager (Former Employee), The Villages, FLMay 5, 2012
Pros: diversity throughout the day, week and season
Cons: no job security, no bonus structure holiday or otherwise, no recognition for the middle management staff
Our office was seated on the Spanish Springs Town Square of The Villages on the second floor of the MVP Fitness Center. 3 days a week my day would start out with a work out! I strongly feel that exercise is the key to a strong mind. Upon arrival to my office I would approve payroll from the day prior, spot check emails for anything that might require – more... immediate attention, spot checking the schedule as to greet each employee upon arrival. Brief the staff on any updates and get them off to a great start. Depending upon the time of week and month determined what would follow. It may be review course schedules and create the tee times for all of the courses, or teach a "Good Golf School",or complete a column for the newspaper, or be a guest speaker for the local radio station, schedule a few meetings or training sessions in the conference rooms of the office, order food & beverage for those meetings, meet with a resident to book a large group or tournament of some nature, address concerns with a resident, process a membership, cover the front desk, help answer the phone lines, draft a letter for the CEO, investigate fraud within the tee times system, plan a staffing meeting or outing and address emails throughout the day. I always thanked each employee at the end of the day and wished them a pleasant evening. I absolutely loved the diversity of this job. Meeting with the residents and knowing I was able to turn someone's day into a positive. The most difficult thing for me was to keep the amount of overtime in check. Even though I was salaried I soon realized too much of any one thing is not good no matter how much I enjoyed what I was doing. I came up with a plan and for the most part...stuck too it. Bringing a smile to someone's face, turning a negative into a positive is what fed my passion. Kicking the office up just a notch by encouraging employees to celbrate Dr. Suess' birthday, Cinco de Mayo, the first day of each season, national chocolate chip cookie day, and the like was fun for all! Everyone will always remember the Kentucky Derby Hat contest. Everyone was encouraged to design and wear a hat which in turn assisted our department in raising funds to support a local needy family during Christmas. I have learned the importance of making the separation between work and play along with learning that it is best not to live within the community that you work. Glass houses can be a little tricky! This was a job that I will miss but will be able to bring all that I've learned to the table of my next adventure! – less
Administration
Internship -Administration department from 3 (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMay 21, 2014
I have learned how to answer phones and helping my co workers with excel sheets and also in filing papers in the right folder. I enjoyed most about my job is answering phones and research whatever my boss ask me to do. The hardest part of the job is giving the making the bills on excel and making sure it is right calculation
great people to work with
Deckhand (Former Employee), Exmouth, WAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: grt to meet great people.
Cons: long hours but didnt bother me.
A job that is on the go all the time.Allways learning new things which i love.Very demanding. But good.
bearable
labourer (Former Employee), hope valleyMay 28, 2013
cutting grass..weeding.general tidying.whatever the customer requires
24/7 Work Environment
Finance Director (Current Employee), Dubai, JLTMarch 14, 2013
Pros: interesting industry
Cons: long hours (typically 13+ hour days); no benefits; centrally controlled
Small 15 man DMCC registered company active in buying decommissioned vessels and selling them to scrap yards in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and to China. The company, headquartered in Dubai is managed and controlled by the CEO and his spouse.
They have a 5 man office in the Unites States and a 2 man office in China. The business itself is interesting.
The – more... working hours are extremely long, typically from 10:00 am to past 9:00 pm Monday through Friday, which is very unusual for Dubai. Lunches are taken at the office.
The company does not offer any health benefits. Local holidays are not recognized. For select employees, housing (located right across from the company) is provided. – less
Experience en DataCenter
Administrateur systeme (Former Employee), Tokyo, JaponDecember 16, 2014
J'ai pu creer une solide experience en DataCenter en tant qu'administrateur systeme (Linux)
Cálido ambiente Laboral
Prestaciones nacionales de Alta complejidad (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BNovember 19, 2014
Pros: trabajo por objetivos logrados, no por horarios
Cons: hay que dedicarle muchas horas
Empresa que acepta nuevas propuestas de trabajo, con respecto a la organización, selección de personal, y remuneración para él equipo.
Crear objetivos estratégicos para él crecimiento de un sector, o región.
environnement de travail agréable
conducteur de travaux dans deux sociétés (Former Employee), Nouméa,November 18, 2014
Pros: cadre de travail agréable, liberté d'entreprendre avec des objectifs
Cons: éléments extérieurs perturbateurs
Une expérience enrichissante, avec du personnel motivé
Un secteur de travail agréable et diversifié
une journée de travail
Chef de secteur Saveurs Charcutières (Current Employee), BretagneOctober 23, 2014
Pros: relationnel client, autonomie, rigeur
Cons: secteur grand
- Préparation visite

- RDV client (CDR, RF, directeur...)
-Présentation chiffres, produits, opérations commerciales...
- Actions merchandising
- Négociation OP (animations, box, TG, bac..)

- Remontées d'informations
- Remontées de commande
Entreprise à taille humaine
RESPONSABLE DES VENTES (Former Employee), LYUNES (TOURS 37)October 14, 2014
J'ai débuté sur un poste de chef de secteur régional et j'ai évolué en interne sur des responsabilités de compte clé pour finir responsable commercial avec plusieurs équipes de ventes à gérer sur le terrain.

La société GMS est spécialisée dans les activités électroniques et produits high tech, malheureusement les cycles de distribution des circuits – more... IT sont très court les produits évoluent très vites et ils ralentissent prématurément.
Ce poste demande une grande disponibilité et une réactivité à toute épreuve. – less
mouvementé
Camp de jour aide animateur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 16, 2014
un travail quand même mouvementé ne reste jamais sur place beaucoup d’activités physique. expérience avec les jeunes enfants tout en fessant beaucoup de sport et d'activités physique en gardant un sourire
Bonne acquisition des compétences
Dessinateur en bureau d'études mécaniques (Former Employee), Saint Maurice de BeynsotMarch 12, 2014
Pros: petite structure, donc interactions directe avec les différents services, ce qui permet des aboutissement rapides et efficaces des projets
Cons: certaines acquisitions de facultés pouvaient être évincées à cause du rythme soutenu.
Les journées de travail étaient en général soutenues malgré les 39h/semaine (souvent dues aux délais très courts imposés par les clients) ce qui est un bon point pour le rythme de travail. En contrepartie, peut-être certaines fois avons-nous manquer de recul avant la concrétisation des plans.

Le cadre de travail au bureau d'études était très agréable – more... grâce à un directeur technique sociable et techniquement très compétent ainsi que des collègues ouverts et travailleurs.

L'aspect le plus difficile est en partie l'essence même de ce poste, laissez le moins d'erreurs de conception se dissimuler dans les dossiers d'achats et de fabrication, ou ne pas permettre aux services précédents et adjacents le travail de conception d'en faire.

Dans cette entreprise, l'atelier de montage est intégré aux locaux. Ce qui me permettait en tant que dessinateur de me renseigner en direct sur les points à améliorer, à corriger voir de participer lors du montage des machines. De plus le dessinateur chez GMS avait de temps en temps la possibilité lorsqu'il était nécessaire, de partir en déplacement pour l'aide à l'installation des machines. Ce qui est un point largement positif, concret et agréable pour le métier de dessinateur. – less
travail interressant
Animatrice commerciale (Current Employee), Marseille, B8March 1, 2014
promouvoir, développer une image de marque, conseiller, gérer les linéaires en secteur alimentaire et bricolage