GN ReSound Employee Reviews

bad work place
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 22, 2017
I worked there for a while and the service is really bad training really sucks they barely help they expect you to know everything. the employees are rude and talk about each-other
Micro-Management extreme
Kitter-Production (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 30, 2017
The leadership has virtually no training and bends the rules on a normal basis. They are very tight with rules that apply to employees, but pretty lax on the rules that apply to them. ie; it's fine to expect an employee to clock in on time, even one second late is treated the same as an hour. However, they can announce mandatory overtime with only a couple hours notice. It's a real good ol boys situation.
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
Un-announced mandatory overtime, no room for advancement. Management has no leadership skills, its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Excellent Work place
Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2017
I have enhanced my skills and contributed my part in developing the application. Excellent work culture can be see over here. The management and colleagues are a wonderful team to work with.
Understanding technology
trevaling lap (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2017
I am easy to work with and knowledgeable of the technology and the products and good at my job. I known how to train people to do the job well. The best part of my job is get to work with different type of peoples.
Pros
Free ride
Cons
Work on weekend.
Great customer experiences lots of time on the road
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Your typical day consist of 3-4 customer visits 5 days a week. You spend time with the customer discussing marketing, pricing, best business practices, front office training, helping set KPI, and Much more. You will learn a lot about how to run a business and work not only with products but marketing and helping manage people. The work environment at resound is very business focused and the people you work with are fun and energetic. Resounds management is good in helping you achieve the desired goals that are in place. Hardest part of the job is balancing your family life and work life. You will be on the road a lot and spend a lot of nights in hotels. The best part was working with your customers and seeing them achieve their business goals.
Pros
Seeing the smile on a patients face when they can hear their grandchildren
Cons
Lots of time spent on the road. Time spent doing clerical work.
Fun outgoing people to work with.
Order Entry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 10, 2015
Typical day at work was getting our mail in, sorting by brand. Opening the mail and entering the orders accurately. Helping with day to day operations on the production floor as well as assisting sales, customer service and finance.
Great place to work, great people, fast-paced
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 14, 2015
Switching gears quickly and effectively will make your day a lot easier around here. It is fast-paced for sure. Also, I'm pretty sure you could have lunch here just about any day of the week as it seems at least one department has leftover food from meetings.

The benefits are good and overall it's a nice place to work.
Pros
Good people, lunch meetings, nice interior decor.
Cons
Cramped spaces, work load can get kind of crazy.
Great Company to work for
Global ERP Architect (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed Working for GN ReSound tremendously. I held many positions and was given excellent opportunities to advance.
Productive work place
Assembler/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 7, 2014
It was a laid back workplace, everyone was friendly. I always learned new things everyday.
Productive and challenging place with ping pong table
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 9, 2014
Everyday something new is happening. From repairing equipment, to moving desks, even to landscaping, GN Resound provides a nice and challenging atmopshere.
An OK place to work
E-Designer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 19, 2013
Would come into work between 10 and noon depending on overtime. Pretty much keep to myself and leave late.
Co-workers and management would not listen to you or your ideas to better the product or the company or steal your ideas and take them as their own.
The hardest part of the job was working with those types of people, and would refuse to move you to a department where you were more qualified and would help you further your career.
Most enjoyable part, sadly to say but going home. There were some people who I liked to talk to, but they were in different departments and different work hours. It made it difficult to get some time in with those people, but when I did it was enjoyable.
Pros
Knowledge of something that not too many people know about, learn how to look at things in scale
Cons
work hours, management, most co-workers, no recognition, favoritism
OK place to place, not a great fit for what I was looking for.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2013
Typical day was answering calls from audiologists about hearing aid problems and then reporting them to the production team. The "inside sales" portion was simply just trying to encourage audiologists to upgrade their clients hearing aids which was the sales portion of the job.. It felt more like a customer service representative position than an inside sales position. The good thing was I learned a lot about hearing problems and hearing aids. My co-workers were nice but seemed stressed out much of the time and we didn't have the opportunity to get to know each other due to heavy work load. GN Resound was in my opinion a call center environment. The hardest part of the job was that it wasn't at all what I expected when I accepted the job offer and the compensation wasn't great. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people find a hearing aid that worked for them.
Pros
Nice co-workers, had the opportunity to help people
Cons
Poor compensation plan, not a good fit for me, job responsibilities were not what I expected.
Busy medical device organization
Production Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 14, 2012
On a daily basis I monitored work procedures of 50+ individuals. My take away from this job was the various ethnic cultures I worked with which enlightened my knowledge and enhanced my people skills. My position was not hard, I could perform my duties without any supervison or direction. The hardest part of my position was lack of recognition.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
less than desireable utilization of an individuals skills and knowledge.