GNA

GNA Employer Reviews

Productive workplace, loved working with the residents/patients. Staff worked as a family.
Certified Medicine Aide (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: weekends
Assists patients with ADL's.
Learn how to work with different nationalities and cultures.
The hardest part of my job was getting to know your patients and they get discharged.
Nursing Home/Residents homes
Nurse Techinician (Current Employee), MarylandSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: care about there employees
Cons: most of the time i'm by myself
My days at work are great, I love my job nursing is a heart of a job I love to love more everyday take care of residents and help them with anything they want. I drive them places,
I enjoy being able to help others
Julia Manor, Hagerstown md (Current Employee), Hagerstown MDAugust 7, 2014
I've done this type of work for the past 5 years. Theres enjoyable parts about it and then not so enjoyable at times. I enjoy being able to help other people and I have always put others before myself. Most of the places I've worked the Management hasn't been that great, some of them like to put the aides down a lot which isn't fair because we do most of the work for the patients. That's the number one reason why I need a change of scenery for a while.
Professionalism and productive workplace
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work free flowing and stress free. Learned how to communicate with my co-workers. Management should always be available for issues and situations. Co-workers know team work. the hardest part of the job is not being able to get help when needed. the most enjoyable part is the patients caring for them and assisting them.
loved the residents, They made it worth it.
Hand out meds (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed working at montevue. I loved the residents and my co-workers.
Great working team providing the best customer service and care
Staffing Coordinator/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Bel Air MdMay 19, 2014
Cons: good teamwork
Working with the elderly provides different and unique learning experiences on a daily basis. I work with such a great group of individuals who provide the utmost quality of care. We sometimes fall in love with them and it is painful when we must say goodbye. As we become part of their lives they become entwined in ours.
Nice place to work with other people
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), GorayaApril 6, 2014
I used to pack nut-bolts. I was free and my friend told me to that GNA was hiring people. I enjoyed working there and learned a lot of things. The hardest part was when something goes wrong we had to open the packages and repack them again. All my co-workers were friendly and i got along with them. I enjoyed their company.
gna
GNA (Former Employee), Baltimore MarylandNovember 4, 2013
its always pleasing to see the resident smile when you are extending a helping hand to them. helping to learn how to do what they are not able to do and as well as assisting them to do what they can not do.
enjoyable learning expenses
william hill manor - GNA/CNA (Former Employee), Easton, MDAugust 25, 2013
Pros: working with the patients
Cons: not good communication between managers and employee's.
Helped elderly with daily needs that they were unable to do them selves. feeding, bathing, taking vitals, etc. Having between 10-15 patients daily.
none stop hard working
Geriatric nurse assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2013
stress full and non stop work environment
fun co worker but always busy
Hardworker TeamPlayer and provide excellence care.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2013
I provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients. Help fellow co-workers with patients. It may become overwhelming but you have to remain focus as GNA to provide the best care as possible.
GNA
GNA (Former Employee), Parkville, MarylandDecember 12, 2012
Pros: receiving assistance from others who the unit
Cons: not having the proper assistance to get the job done as needed from other staff.
Coming to your regular unit getting report and having to find out at the last minute that you are being pulled. This makes things difficult to other residents who you do not know and they do not know you. This slows down the care process for those involved. Managment need to have extra staff on hand for problems such as this. The hardest part is getting the residents whom who have to give care to to trust your judgment and communicate with you things they can inform you about concerning their care within reasonable standards.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting eveything done accordingly to the needs of the residents and know that you have accomplished a task that may have been streesful at the beginning but fullfilled the need with satisfaction to and for the resident.
Productive, Great Learning experience
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Frederick,MDMay 20, 2012
Great way to enter into the healthcare field
Love helping people
Knowing that I can make a difference a persons life