GNC Live Well Employee Reviews in United States

Product Development
Product Development Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2016
I learned a great deal about working with co-manufacturing teams and internal marketing. The industry is busy and fast paced often with a lot of confusion.
Pros
A lot of industry contacts
Cons
Poor efficiencies
10/10
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJanuary 6, 2016
It was a great experience to coach these young men the summer of 2013. Truly a great experience. Truly enjoyed working with kids and teaching them about a game I played for 16 plus years.
Pros
helping another
Cons
none.
GNC Live Well
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDDecember 7, 2015
As a manager at GNC, I truly do enjoy the company and what it entitles. I enjoy each day educating people on certain products they may not know about and all the benefits these products can do for them. I also enjoy sharing my stories of how I transformed my body over a period of time. As a manager I have a team of two other gentlemen, I try my hardest to be fair, understanding, and easy to communicate with. Currently in graduate school, GNC is a job I recommend for anyone who is looking for something short term before figuring out what exactly it is in life they want to do for the rest of their lives.
Pros
Discounts, able to help people towards their fitness goals and aspirations.
Cons
compensation.
Great learning environment with supportive co-workers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TxDecember 8, 2014
A typical day involves meeting with lots of customers and discussing their personal lifestyle goals to find them the best options available. It is very easy to learn something new everyday and it always keeps my interest. The hardest part of the job is product knowledge because there are hundreds of different products and knowing what they do and why is a learning process. The most enjoyable part is getting to help people envision their goals happening, giving them the advice and products they need to get there, and motivating them to do it. Seeing someone get excited about starting something new and then seeing them come back to tell you it worked is a very rewarding feeling.
Pros
discounts, great co-workers, fitness and wellness is always desired and needed
Cons
no actual lunches
GNC is tough
Product Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2014
A typical day is usually swamped with busy work and trying to figure our what is going on. Leadership and managers are busy trying to pin responsibility on others while still taking credit for work.
Pros
gym
Cons
the culture and organization is seriously flawed
Gnc beat average
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 28, 2014
I commute 1 hour to get to work.I learned that even though managers work 40 hours a week they are always putting in more time to make sure their staff is good to go and understands what new information there is or what to do on their shift. In managing the store I found how hard it can be to have good part-time employees that have the same goals and mindset that you have. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course helping customers find the right supplements to enhance their lifestyles. I have the right knowledge to help out anyone who walks in. Unfortunately work interfered with my school work and I had to step down.
Pros
discount and always the first to try new things that come out
Cons
driving 1 hour and salary fluctuates depending on sales.
Quality products, Great benefits, enjoyed customer interaction
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed the customer interaction, and endless need to learn more about nutrient benefits. While I prefer to have my job performance measured, management's produce or else mentality, coupled with poor compensation and promotion for position of skills other than those required to produce the desired metrics created an unnecessarily stressful work environment
Pros
constant learning and teaching opportunity
Cons
management's insistance on short term results sets up a severe challenge to long term viability
Family oriented supplementation consultation that cares about customers
Supplementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 16, 2013
The GNC franchise with which I am employed, cares about their team members as well as their employees. When I first started, I realized how little I knew about supplements and their proper uses. The company provided me with extensive training and various tools that assisted me understand the products and needs of customers. A basic shift, besides selling of health and fitness related supplements, consists of meeting and advising customers regarding their nutritional and exercise habits. Although none of the employees claim to be nutritionists, we provide basic knowledge of foods, their purpose within the body, and how these may positively or negatively influence training and health goals. Determining an individuals desires and needs is both the most challenging and enjoyable part of the job. Frequently, stores dealing with supplements aim to sell to most expensive products. Often, customers are pleasantly surprised when instead the sales associates recommend a cheaper product or recommend against the purchase of another product.
As this franchise is family owned and operated, the atmosphere is relaxed and supportive. When errors are made, the owners and managers do not punish but instead educate to prevent repetition of mistakes. The employees, primarily cover stores by themselves so little interpersonal connection occur throughout a normal work day. The company as whole meets several times a year a group dinner and social time to reconnect each store with our other franchise stores.
I have enjoyed working with the company, my co-workers, supervisors, and customers tremendously,
  more... however, since graduation from college I desire a position geared towards my major and ultimate goal of physical therapy.  less
Pros
interpersonal contact with customers
Cons
not my career goal
Demanding and hard to satisfy company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 20, 2013
The atmosphere is not the worst, but the consistent nagging about goals and what needs to sell is sickening. You are reminded on a 3-4 times daily phone call that you need to do this or that, followed by the same thing all week for the same products. High expectations for the pay and you are judged daily. Not the greatest management by far and very unorganized when it comes down to the point at hand.
Pros
get to work by yourself and interact with customers.
Cons
bullying, hard to meet demands, bad pay/compensation for commision
At best, it is mediocre.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 19, 2012
It was a rewarding place to work with customers, helping them achieve their health goals and physique goals. The pay was underwhelming, as well as the management within the regional and district areas. Management was overly aggressive in goal setting, but never were willing to train properly. Most of the time, you were set on your own to learn through website worksheets or on your own time. Plus, as a store manager, you were micro-managed on every tedious detail, from payroll to scheduling to any time off. Upper management were rude and did not care about the employees. Lastly, advancement within the corporation was unheard of unless you were a "favorite."
Pros
discounts on supplements
Cons
under paid, rude and discourteous management, lack of team work and respect from others in the region, unwillingness of management to come to stores to train, passive aggressive rsd who would use threats to motivate you.

Want to know more about GNC Live Well?

Ask a question
challeging and innovative
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  lanoka harbor ,njAugust 19, 2012
to work at GNC is great expirience its challeging job.i had learned a lot from GNC for sales in retail sector .i dnt think there anything hardest part of job tht main thing in job is you have to enjoy ur job.
Good learning experience. Good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 26, 2012
I learned a lot not only about sales techniques but about our products and how they helped to improve one's lifestyle. My co-workers were always helpful and willing to teach each other.