GNC Live Well

GNC Live Well Employee Reviews

GNC is tough
Product Development Project Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: the culture and organization is seriously flawed
A typical day is usually swamped with busy work and trying to figure our what is going on. Leadership and managers are busy trying to pin responsibility on others while still taking credit for work.
GNC BEAT AVERAGE
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grimes, IAMay 28, 2014
Pros: discount and always the first to try new things that come out
Cons: driving 1 hour and salary fluctuates depending on sales.
I commute 1 hour to get to work.I learned that even though managers work 40 hours a week they are always putting in more time to make sure their staff is good to go and understands what new information there is or what to do on their shift. In managing the store I found how hard it can be to have good part-time employees that have the same goals and mindset that you have. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course helping customers find the right supplements to enhance their lifestyles. I have the right knowledge to help out anyone who walks in. Unfortunately work interfered with my school work and I had to step down.
Quality products, Great benefits, enjoyed customer interaction
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: constant learning and teaching opportunity
Cons: management's insistance on short term results sets up a severe challenge to long term viability
I enjoyed the customer interaction, and endless need to learn more about nutrient benefits. While I prefer to have my job performance measured, management's produce or else mentality, coupled with poor compensation and promotion for position of skills other than those required to produce the desired metrics created an unnecessarily stressful work environment
Family oriented supplementation consultation that cares about customers
Supplementation Consultant (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 16, 2013
Pros: interpersonal contact with customers
Cons: not my career goal
The GNC franchise with which I am employed, cares about their team members as well as their employees. When I first started, I realized how little I knew about supplements and their proper uses. The company provided me with extensive training and various tools that assisted me understand the products and needs of customers. A basic shift, besides selling of health and fitness related supplements, consists of meeting and advising customers regarding their nutritional and exercise habits. Although none of the employees claim to be nutritionists, we provide basic knowledge of foods, their purpose within the body, and how these may positively or negatively influence training and health goals. Determining an individuals desires and needs is both the most challenging and enjoyable part of the job. Frequently, stores dealing with supplements aim to sell to most expensive products. Often, customers are pleasantly surprised when instead the sales associates recommend a cheaper product or recommend against the purchase of another product.
As this franchise is family owned and operated, the atmosphere is relaxed and supportive. When errors are made, the owners and managers do not punish but instead educate to prevent repetition of mistakes. The employees, primarily cover stores by themselves so little interpersonal connection occur throughout a normal work day. The company as whole meets several times a year a group dinner and social time to reconnect each store with our other franchise stores.
I have enjoyed working with the company, my co-workers, supervisors, and customers tremendously, however, since graduation from college I desire a position geared towards my major and ultimate goal of physical therapy.
Demanding and hard to satisfy company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 20, 2013
Pros: get to work by yourself and interact with customers.
Cons: bullying, hard to meet demands, bad pay/compensation for commision
The atmosphere is not the worst, but the consistent nagging about goals and what needs to sell is sickening. You are reminded on a 3-4 times daily phone call that you need to do this or that, followed by the same thing all week for the same products. High expectations for the pay and you are judged daily. Not the greatest management by far and very unorganized when it comes down to the point at hand.
At best, it is mediocre.
Store Manager (Former Employee), ILNovember 19, 2012
Pros: discounts on supplements
Cons: under paid, rude and discourteous management, lack of team work and respect from others in the region, unwillingness of management to come to stores to train, passive aggressive rsd who would use threats to motivate you.
It was a rewarding place to work with customers, helping them achieve their health goals and physique goals. The pay was underwhelming, as well as the management within the regional and district areas. Management was overly aggressive in goal setting, but never were willing to train properly. Most of the time, you were set on your own to learn through website worksheets or on your own time. Plus, as a store manager, you were micro-managed on every tedious detail, from payroll to scheduling to any time off. Upper management were rude and did not care about the employees. Lastly, advancement within the corporation was unheard of unless you were a "favorite."
challeging and innovative
Sales Manager (Current Employee), lanoka harbor ,njAugust 19, 2012
to work at GNC is great expirience its challeging job.i had learned a lot from GNC for sales in retail sector .i dnt think there anything hardest part of job tht main thing in job is you have to enjoy ur job.
Good learning experience. Good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCApril 26, 2012
I learned a lot not only about sales techniques but about our products and how they helped to improve one's lifestyle. My co-workers were always helpful and willing to teach each other.

GNC Live Well Salaries