GNC Employee Reviews

Wish I could say better
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2017
Always something to work on as far as merchandising and replenishing. Management not so good because they didn't coach positively or encourage growth.
It was stressful and aloof of discrimination
Smoothie Maker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2017
The customers was rude, same thing as the coworkers, the location was hectic with a lot of people doing drugs outside and it was dangerous too. Some of the coworkers used to give the products to the customers for free for example cops or parademix and people that be going to the gym all the time. And the manager supported in that secretly.
Pros
10 minute break
Cons
Rush hours, manager being rude with the customers and coworkers
Really loved the company. Lack of management made ne part ways.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MSDecember 15, 2017
Really enjoyed setting goals for guests every day they came in the store woth health and wellness. Always loved promoting new product and getting the guest excited
Good people
Manager, Financial Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2017
Some of the best people I have ever worked with. While I was there a change occurred in senior management. The company has changed it's business model recently.
Productive and challenging work environment with commission opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
The location I worked at was both challenging and rewarding. The environment was fast -paced, which enhanced my communication skills and my overall confidence.
a welcoming environment
Regional / Territorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 14, 2017
I show up to my shift 15 to 20 minutes before my schedule time to start my shift to double check if I need drop off the deposit or to go get a change order for the day. Double check to make sure all products are faced the correct way before the store opens. Right before I open the store I check in, and double check to make sure the other locations are all checked in as well. Throughout the day I keep in contact with all the other stores in my territory to help answer any questions they may run across, or to help educate them on the products. The hardest part of my job is to help keep everyone motivated when we are low on products, and are waiting for the order to get delivered and/or approved by the owner. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping to educate my customers on how to achieve their goals correctly.
Pros
educating and coaching coworkers and interacting with new and regular customers.
Cons
the lack of communication from the owner
Awesome Place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Imlay City, MIDecember 13, 2017
Relaxed yet competitive. Great place to work and easy schedule. Every one works together as a team. everyone has each others back. Learning communication is a must.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
I would usually come in the store,open up then proceed to clean up a bit dusting sweeping. then if all the tags and planos are done just wait till a customer comes in. Be excited and friendly, informative, helpful. No problem.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Alone a lot
Bad experience
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 13, 2017
It was always a slow day and we barley make any money. I learned literally nothing because there was no training due to the fact that they desperately needed employees. And no one wanted to work for the company because of the salary and hours. The manager was super lazy. poor communication between employees.hardest part was trying to make sales with no product knowledge and having to rely on common sense by simply reading the box. most enjoyable thing was smelling the scented mist machine and meeting new people. there were also product missing, and store cleanliness was poor.
Pros
Getting promoted when they are desperate
Cons
Getting promoted with the same pay and more responsibility.
Not worth the time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 13, 2017
For the short time I was with GNC in a management role, there was no overtime allowed. Managers were paid hourly and had to complete all work within a 40 hour work week. Managing employees would take time out of off hours because only one person was working at a time. This makes it difficult to supervise and manage employees. the atmosphere was that of managers are just an employee not a manager. Managers are not given any true authority in the operation, scheduling, or inventory of the store. Employees are only hired in as part-time at minimum wage an no benefits.

The only good thing from working at GNC was the education that you receive of the products they carry.
Pros
gained knowledge of the products
Cons
scheduling, pay, benefits
The worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! horrible place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2017
If you want to be paid $7.25 + small commissions this is the place for you. There is no advancement and you get paid less the longer you work there. No joke---they are taking away and lowering commissions each month, while they want you to sell products that don't pay commission. There is NO motivation (since they pay you less each month) and only intimidation. I have never seen anything like this. They have management turnover about every 3 months and have been through 3 CEO's in about 2 years. Avoid this job!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
intimidation
Great Company
Sales Repersentive (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 11, 2017
Great job to gain initial sales associate experience. A lot of room to improve and advance in the GNC company, e.g. become store manager. The job atmosphere is very exciting and motivating everyday, with a lot of inspiration coming form the store managers to complete daily tasks as well as meet weekly goals, which helped to meet store quarterly sales/goals etc. Also was mostly stress free environment and fun while promoting fitness and healthy lifestyle to customers.
Pros
everything
Cons
Money, Managment.
Great Sales Associate Job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 9, 2017
Pros
Relaxed, motivating
Cons
Low pay, competition
I learned a lot about supplements
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109December 9, 2017
My manager and colleagues taught me a ,lot about supplements and how to use them. They were very helpful on showing me how to sell and to be as helpful to the customers and what's be for them
Pros
discounts on pruducts
Cons
low commision
Too much to do, so little pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
Everyday was a task, which is fine I feel I you are under paid 7.25 and hour to do all paper work clean store restock, move stock, and everything else.
Pros
Got to meet awesome customers
Cons
Almost everything
Fun, and fitnes oriented
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2017
Low pay, but the discount for products is great. They didn't allow us more than 35 hours per week, so the paychecks wouldn't support a house payment or rent bill.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Salary
Ehhhhh
SENIOR STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
Company offers incredible products and a name you can stand behind, but the overall feel behind the scenes is stressful. High expectations with little to no training. Benefits are ok, but the pay is miserable. $11.50/hr to be a STORE MANAGER! So sad.
Pros
Great Brand
Cons
Poor Pay and Lack of Training
Shady, competitive sales environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 5, 2017
GNC constantly pits employees against each other in weekly sales competitions. Nothing is gained from these competitions as they don't give performance bonuses. However if you lose too many competitions, you will be terminated. Also management is incredibly shady and sometimes committs illegal acts to boost sales.
not fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2017
all they pushed on were numbers, numbers, numbers! The manager was always gone, was crazy and the regional manager was always on everyones case as well. they didn't see you as a sales associate just a money making machine.
good
Sales Associate/ Managerial and Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 5, 2017
Good place to work. Fun environment, enjoyable selling experience. If you are a health and fitness nut this job is for you. Need to be highly motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.