GNC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,168 reviews matching the search
My first bad taste of corporate
PT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDAugust 28, 2016
I learned that you only needed 2 things out of the entire store on the daily. I also learned first hand how dirty corporate america is. The job was decent, it just didn't pay enough hourly.
Good earning potential
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2016
The company itself is good overall. It offers room for advancement a chance to make commission and benefits for full time employees. GNC does sometimes kind of kill employee morale with limits on earning potential and stressing over KPIs. Lately its been moving away from that.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
cap on commission companies offer for selling their products
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 27, 2016
learn a whole lot about supplements and how to sell. get free supplements from corporate companies. get to meet like minded individuals who are also into fitness.
Pros
discount of supplements
Cons
non permanent relocation(s)
Slow days, no customers for hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed learning about sports supplements. Where my store was located, we had very low traffic so we wouldn't have very busy days.No customers = No PMs = Bad paycheck.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Pay, commisson
N/a
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 24, 2016
Great experience, and it helped my public communication skills. My bosses were great, and they made sure I could get off while going through school when needed.
fun informative place to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
Great family atmosphere. competitive place to work for, but the owners are awesome and very flexible. would for sure recommend working for this company.
Great stepping stone
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYAugust 22, 2016
I have no issue with who runs our company, there a great bunch of people and make the job fun. My only issue is my location and being able to have a life outside of work seeing as though if a employee called in or something came up, it fell on the manager to cover it and there was no overtime. A typical day includes helping costumers with there nutritional needs and product recommendations but also included store tasks like re-merchandising the sales floor for new sales and marking down closed dated products. My tasks included re ordering products every Monday and doing the weekly paper work for cash flow and sales.
Pros
Great starting job
Cons
Hours and pay
Very enjoyable place where I can help people achieve their personal goals on a daily basis.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 21, 2016
I've learned time management, people skills and a better understanding of my worldly surroundings. Being manager can be difficult at times, but being able to delegate tasks efficiently according to peoples skill levels has made work flow without a hitch!
Fun work place and decent commissions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 21, 2016
With my time at GNC it was a laid back environment with a good focus on sales. Decent earning potential although I wish GNC actually gave you a decent amount of commission on selling their products like the 3rd party company's did.
Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 19, 2016
typically there was only one of us suppose to be working at a time but we would all come in and keep each other company. Our current manager is a great manager. Customers were always very laid back while shopping.
Realistic ability to grow with company quickly
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Killingly, CTAugust 19, 2016
A career with GNC can be very rewarding, but inconsistent at the same time. If you give good customer service, and consistently do your operation work(cleaning, organizing, paperwork etc.), then you will be considered a good employee. To become a manager, you do have to be very good and consistent with sales. In terms of income, your earnings will depend a lot on the sheer volume of the store your work at/manage. And one other draw back is that the intentions on the sales floor tend to vary a little too often at the corporate level.
Productive, fun, great manager who was easy to work with, good learning experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 18, 2016
Had a great time working here. Good sales experience with some commission. Taught me a lot about certain fitness supplements and vitamins that would fit certain customers needs. A usual day would be restocking shelves, unloading boxes from shipment, moving product, and typical customer service. Co-workers were always easy to get along with especially my manager. He was very knowledgeable on the products and I learned a lot from him. There was no hard parts working there really, I would say leaving for the military was the hardest part. Everything else I really enjoyed.
Pros
fun working environment, great learning experience, friendly staff
Cons
pay could have been better
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 18, 2016
This was my first job as I was in High School. This job was amazing because you only need a couple of weeks of training then you can run the store by yourself. I worked for only 6 months as I was starting college I decided to quit. Overall it was a great job and i learned a lot from this job.
Pros
Commission and getting to know customers
Cons
Store is slow sometimes nobody shows up
great sales experience
Nutritional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
It was great sales experience, and also gave me the flexibility to balance being a student and athlete. As a sales associate you learn about a lot of different products, the learning never ends. there is always a new product coming out every other month or so. It was rewarding getting to help people achieve their goals. I did not like doing planograms and tags every couple weeks, GNC likes to change everything constantly and customers did not like it as well. Made it hard for them to find what they are looking for at times. The prices are also very high at times, so you can get a lot of people that just come in and walk out. but that's just retail
Pros
sales experience, getting returned products, commission, flexibility
Cons
sale's goals can be stressful, management was not that professional at times, employee discount could be better.
Productive workplace with possible growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers to choose the products that fit their needs/wants, managing inventory, and schedule making. I have learned how to do many things at GNC, such as, managing inventory, staying within a budget, schedule, hire, and train associates, increase sales, and help customers reach their goals. The stores all worked as teams and worked to help one another. We would compete with each other for sales and have friendly competition. The hardest part of my job is beating last years sales goals. As this can be challenging it is extremely motivating. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers reach their goals. It can be very rewarding and satisfying when customers return because of the service I have provided.
Pros
Employee discounts, positive work environment
Cons
healthcare
Great for the right person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIAugust 16, 2016
I love everything about fitness and nutrition, so this job was perfect for me. Great management, and the customers were fantastic. However there is not much room for advancement, and unless you can afford to live on a below poverty level wage, you will not be able to stay long enough to move up through the company.
Pros
Discount, Customers
Cons
Advancement, Opportunities
awesome job!
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2016
This was by far one of my favorite jobs. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and loved all the customers.This job requires a lot of passion in getting to know the products in order to help the customers and earn commission off the products purchased.
Pros
free samples, great pay
Cons
many products to learn
Fast paced environment with learning oportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 16, 2016
Great co-workers with fun environment. Management of cash register and planograms with weekly quizzes to further knowledge of products and sales management techniques.
fun place to work if you are not alone and have a good team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2016
this job is not the hardist job but they do ask a lot from you and to help other stores out as a manager you need to make sure you fine the right team
Limited Employees due to limited hours
Sales Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 12, 2016
Opening the store or closing the store is a requirement
Know how to run a cash register
Know how to maintain a store on my own
Management was very hands on and helpful
Coworkers lives can conflict with others leaving scheduling to be mandatory
Lack of consistent hours and commission
Interaction with customers and learning about the different vitamins and minerals the company offered
Pros
Vitamin and Mineral trials
Cons
Limited hours, Limited commission, Limited funds