- High volume hand-crafting of raw chocolate bars and bon-bons
- Production schedule and inventory management
- Maintain documentation: ingredient usage, waste, audit trail
- Ensure quality control to Organic, Kosher, Raw, Vegan standards
- Develop new recipes, improve existing recipes & techniques
- Control cost in purchasing, receiving, and inventory
- 5 years professional culinary experience
- Significant professional artisanal chocolate experience
- Mastery of artisanal techniques and small-scale equipment
- Strong math skills, including adjusting recipes and formulas by percentage
- Open communication style, asks for help when needed
- Punctual, efficient, organized, professional, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Commitment to quality, consistency, precision, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent references for work as a professional chocolatier.
- Hand tempering and production of chocolate and confections
- Lift #55 boxes, work on feet in fluctuating temperatures
- Work under pressure, take & give direction
- Basic computer skills including google documents, excel, and gmail
Our kitchen is 3 minutes from the Queensboro Plaza stop in Long Island City.
1. cover letter written from the heart - why are you the one? earliest start date?
2. your resume highlighting relevant experience and most recent salary / wage
3. three relevant work references including your current/most recent employer(s)
- please copy your cover letter and resume into the body of your email
- make your subject line pop with words that will grab our attention and include "CHOCOLATIER"!
Gnosis is recognized and acknowledged in the natural foods industry for the quality and integrity of its ingredients, production, customer service, social responsibility projects, and its vision for the planet and its people. Our products are made by hand, and are certified Organic, Vegan, Kosher, and free of gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar. Gnosis is now sold in hundreds of stores around the world.
Members of Team Gnosis are passionate, hard-working collaborators who thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. As in every grassroots company, more is expected in terms of flexibility and willingness to "wear many hats." But there's far more opportunity for ambitious, motivated people with an appetite for a challenge and rapid growth. If you have a sincere commitment to environmental and societal issues, and a strong desire to grow with a rapidly-expanding non-corporate company, you will love working with us!
Indeed - 15 months ago
We begin with ethically sourced RAW Cacao from Bali, Ecuador, Peru, Grenada, & Madagascar - and add low-glycemic sweeteners,...