Go Daddy Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Evironment
Sales and Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2016
GoDaddy is a great working environment that allows you the flexibility to find the right schedule to fit your home needs. Being a fun, energetic, and fast paced work environment makes it a great place for anywhere to join there award winning team.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule, Co-Workers, Atmosphere
Cons
Shift Schedules, Sales Tiers
Moving up and to the right
Inbound Sales & Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 13, 2015
This is a great organization that continues to improve as it grows. There is a focus on the work/life balance for employees and a commitment to providing all the tools necessary to succeed. Middle Management is where there is an opportunity for growth and maturity as there is no consistency in the way that employees are coached, developed, and managed.
Pros
Great benefits, above average pay, career path opportunities
Cons
Lack of Leadership within Middle Management
Productive and Fun! hey who does not like a slide!
Online Sales and Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 24, 2015
Great atmosphere to have a productive day. Manager, Leads keep day moving and activities as teams and individual create changes through work week. Ping Pong , shuffle board, foos ball , putting greens , coffee station, what more do you want for a quick break and lunch.
Outstanding Pay and Benefits
Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2015
Go Daddy provides excellent pay and benefits, but there is zero career pathing. No upward mobility, just shuffling around between different but similar jobs.
I was with GD for 2 and half years in sales. I loved the people I worked with, but the job got very old and I became burnt out.
With no real advancement in the company (there are only 2 positions above inbound support and sales, Lead and Supervisor) I had to leave.
Tremendous pay if you can sell, but the job got old.
Pros
$2 lunches, Pay, Benefits, Prizes (think cars and trips to Vegas)
Cons
Management, Career Pathing
An Amazing company
Inbound Customer Care Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 17, 2015
Train and develop inbound care agents in uncovering our customers needs. Handling escalated customer issues, along with time and attendance.
Pros
A great work enviroment, great pay and benefits
Cons
Rated by upset customers that you are forced to upsel
Internet Tech (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleFebruary 3, 2015
Customer calls for a fix and you are told to sell them something, not really trained to fix anything. You get a bad rating, get the picture. This is my experience and that of many. I do not mind sales, but to have a employee rated on something when you told them to do it is just wrong.
Pros
its a job
Cons
rated by upset customers you have to attempt sales with.
A joke
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 21, 2015
Poor leadership, constant political backstabbing, zero vision or direction based on actual market research, marginalization of senior developer knowledge.
Pros
excellent benefits and timeoff
Cons
leadership, office politics, no actual product ownership
Fun Place to work
Sales & Support/ Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Go Daddy. A great place to be introduced to the tech industry. I was able to learn a great amount of information in a reasonably short amount of time.
Pros
insurance
Cons
shift times
Great pay and benefits but just a job, not a career choice
C3 Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaSeptember 17, 2015
There are many positive things about working for Go Daddy, they pay is good and the health benefits are great. However after over 9 years of working for the same company, they lack the ability to hire true talented people in to higher levels within the company. I was considered to be one of the experts on the technical support floor and had sought out other positions in the company to further advance my career but was never able to move up from the position I held for over 9 years. I found their hiring process to be very counter-intuitive as the hiring process did not take into account experience, knowledge level, or even seniority. It became very clear management wanted me to stay on the Sales and Support floor because of my consistency with exceeding all my sales and metric quotas that I was too valuable to move out of the position I was in.

I did learn a lot from 'on the job experience' while working with Go Daddy, and have furthered my education about websites and how they run and how to maintain and run my own server. However if you're looking for a career, Go Daddy makes it just a JOB not a Career.
Pros
Good pay, Great Benefits, subsidized lunches
Cons
Difficult to move up, no consistancy with culture, they change policies too often.
You must sell to advance.
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2014
Godaddy was a good company to work for overall. Excellent benefits. The job I took was posted as a tech support job, but it was required to convert every call into a sale. Not every position in their call center was sales related, but in order to promote, you must demonstrate that you are exceeding expectations in your current position, which in the entry level department, means you must have an excellent sales record.
Fast Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2015
Great Employer with lost of benefits. I wish there was more job security. Small to medium sized company trying to be a big company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Job Security
Ok place to work
Tech Support/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2014
I worked for GoDaddy, but the supervisors were so overwhelmed with a big team, I was not able to get the weekly 1on1 to improve my skills that I should has received, so I made a lot of dumb mistakes that could have been avoided if I had the 1on1 weekly support that I should have received like everyone else.
There is a lot of favoritism at the company and exceptions of rules made for certain employees that was somewhat unfair.
Great benefits and compensation, contests, and pay rate.
Pros
great pay and compensation
Cons
favoritism among supervisors with certain employees
Work hard / Play hard
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 3, 2014
The autonomy and creative opportunities where the highlight of working at GoDaddy. I was given leeway to improve the office environment, to work on PR projects, assist personnel in other departments, cross-train, and to grow with the organization. It was a memorable career experience that I would love to replicate in some manner in the future.
Pros
benefits package, 401k, employee outings
Cons
increasingly corporate/investor focused (less fun)
Unstable under new management
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2014
Provides implementation, support, and management of complex data and voice networks. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, restoring and implementing complex networks in high availability environment networks as the company grows including product evaluation, testing, participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting. Interaction with other teams within the company for service requests, problem resolution and implementation activities.
Sales, Sales, Sales
Inbound Sales and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2014
You may be hired as a "customer service rep" but don't be fooled. All this company wants you to do is sell- and if you don't you can kiss your job goodbye. Training is a joke. You are not taught enough about the products they sell nor are you trained in sales tactics. Management is always changing and forget about advancement unless you can sell extraordinarily well- which again you are not told this is part of your job responsibilities nor trained in. This company boasts of being the biggest and best at what they do but it is just a matter of time until their bubble bursts. Look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
high stress, high turnover, high sales quotas
Excellent compensation, great fun loving culture
Internet Sales and Support Consulstant (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IowaMay 7, 2013
I've really met some amazing people at Go Daddy and I have been influenced by the positive culture created there. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with customers about their businesses and hearing the excitement about gaining an online presence with their business. The hardest part of the job is being on the phone all day. I really enjoy working with people face to face so it is difficult to be on the phone all day long.
Pros
excellent compensation/benefits
Cons
sit down all day
Fast paced workplace with little actual support for employees
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 4, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that there was something always to do during the day from answering phones, speaking to customers, learn about their issues and business with the intention of helping them find tools to help them reach their goals. My co-workers were friendly and made a work environment that felt productive but still social. I definitely learned how to multitask and stay productive in an environment while still maintaining positive social relationships.

However, the management made multiple promises for shift changes, modifications to schedules and advancement opportunities that were not followed up on in any manner and at times I felt extremely micromanaged when that was not necessary. There also times management was extremely unprofessional, making jokes about topics such as abortion and yelling lyrics to songs just 2 or 3 feet from us while we were speaking on the phones to customers.
Used to be a very good company
Business Analyst/Agile Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2014
New leadership needs to understand the domain knowledge and experience of existing employee based cannot be replaced with new recruitment over night just because they are hiring in the Silicon Valley.
Pros
good benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
sweat shop
Solid and fast paced company
Website Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaJune 3, 2013
Taking inbound sales and technical calls for new hosting and new or upgrading web products. Helping and documentation of call logs and what was done during the call. Support for customers and helping with changes and security for websites.
Fun and challenging but well worth the work.
Sales & Support (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaMarch 8, 2012
Go Daddy has a very laid back environment that keeps everyone going. There were many days that I did not feel like I was at work.
Pros
fun, good pay & benefits, customer oriented
Cons
24hr company with odd hours