Go Wireless

Go Wireless Employer Reviews

loved the location
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the poeple
Cons: none really
open store check inventory, sometimes going out to open business account. Hardest part of the jobs was when it got slow. Most enjoyable part of the job was the look on the customers face when I said you were approve for a phone
Great industry... mediocre company and management
Business & Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Wilsonville, OROctober 4, 2014
Pros: selling the best products and services in the industry
Cons: compensation could be better, commission hard to make, management flaky, have to deal with secret shoppers
Selling great Verizon Wireless products and services... management flaky. Have to deal with third party secret shoppers that can jeopardize your employment
Threats almost daily.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: manger pay isnt bad
Cons: commission is low, fear for your job, nothing gets fixed when needed
They definitely hold write ups and disciplinary actions on you religiously. First sign of trouble in numbers, they come after you viciously. They never remember what you've done for them. The pay got better recently, but as a manager, it barely competes with corporate's salary, and that's as a sales rep. They crucify you when you do poorly, even once. – more... There isn't any mentoring or advice for anyone. You're better off at corporate. This is not a career. If you get passed being an ASM, you're lucky. You only make good commission at the former corporates. We have one good store. Other wise, you will take pennies home on your commission check, or nothing at all. – less
They are based in the mid west and pay is standardized nationally
Store Manager Aberdeen, New Jersey (Current Employee), Aberdeen, New JerseySeptember 16, 2014
Little room for promotion and will not pay what you are worth (maybe if you are retired or a high school student you could live on what they pay)
positive work environment more support from upper management is needed
Wireless consultant (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor commission structure, little to no support from upper management, little training to store management leads to unprofessionalism
Overall gowireless is not a bad company to start your sales career. However there is only so much you can learn there. Once you've mastered their sales technique there really isn't any room to grow as a sales rep they just shove you into a management position with little no training. Their compensation package is not very attractive to the more seasoned – more... sales professionals. Overall though being my first sales position I learned a lot and made fairly decent money for the amount of work that was required of me. – less
Good if your going to school, Not a career path
Sales Associate/Store Manager (Former Employee), Norco, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: decent commission if your motivated and are at a good location.
Cons: no future.
If you want to work for a wireless company stick with a corporate location. Pay is horrible even for store Managers. Unless your put into a top store that used to be a corporate location since customers usually wont know the difference.
Hard for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: location was close to my home
Cons: short breaks
Audit accounts for new and current customers. Took inventory daily. I learned how to record and input inventory correctly through a program made by the company. Management was through an area manager the rest of higher management was located in California.
Highly dependent on the store manager
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great entry-level pay, good products
Cons: somewhat high pressure sales environment, high dependency on others
I had a very mixed experience with this employer. My initial management team was excellent and motivating, leading me to be very satisfied with my position with the company. However, after a turnover in the store manager position it quickly became one of the least enjoyable jobs I've worked.

You work in close proximity to both store and district managers, – more... so their impact on the job is huge. Of course, ymmv. – less
Learning Experience
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Kansas, MissouriJune 27, 2014
Pros: people, marketing, benefits
Great place to work. Too bad it went out of business a few years after I left.
Good place to start retail carreer, but would never recommend management
Store Manager (Former Employee), La Grande, OregonJune 26, 2014
This company is run like many other retail cellular agent stores, it is all about production. If you do not produce, or line up with the way management wants you to act, they will find a way to move you out.
I do recommend this company for someone who is or wants to start in retail sales, and as a way to make decent money in some busier locations.
They – more... recently changed the pay structure, so being in management is not nearly as beneficial as it once was, so I would not recommend that. – less
Wonderful Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2014
Pros: small call center everyone gets along with each other.
Cons: short lunches
This is the first call center that I've worked that is small and I like it because everyone works together. It's not alot or drama nor is it high school where everyone it in there own little group. The call center agents include everyone in things and make newbies feel wonderful.
So So
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 9, 2014
I learned much from working with the company. The pay was lousy, commission standards were changing every few months making it near impossible to keep up with.
Fun workplace to be in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 25, 2014
Go wireless was a great company to be in. I made a lot of friend in the process and learned allot about customer service.
Easy Job
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Lincolnwood, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: weekend hours and pay
This job was alright, they went out of business thou so I won't say much else.
Terrible Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), MassachusettsMay 19, 2014
Cons: pay, micromanagement, negative attitude from management
This company bought another company I worked for and GO Wireless was a joke comparatively. Go Wireless paid half of what the other company paid, was designed for extreme micromanagement, and set unrealistic expectations for their stores.
The store I managed was named as the Regional Location with the best year over year growth and was one of the best – more... stores in our company. When the new management (Regional sales VP) came to visit, I asked what we could improve on to meet their expectations and was told "simple, improve everything".
Company doesn't reward ambitious, professional sales people. Probably a good summer job for students or part-time job for someone with no ambition. Otherwise, terrible company compared to my other experiences in the wireless industry....
Made $95k with first company, $50k with Go Wireless – less
great fun
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: small company
Cons: small compant
Loved the people and always felt appreciated and valued. Had some great managers
Manage
Store Manager (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 25, 2014
Formulated pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
• Planned and prepared work schedules, assigning employees to specific tasks.
• Trained and managed 10 employees and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
• Prepared and directed workers preparing merchandise displays and advertising – more... copy.
• Supervised employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records and preparing daily record of transactions.
• Interviewed, hired and trained employees – less
Nice dealing with electronics.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Forest, MSApril 16, 2014
It was a new store looking for clients, and involved a lot of marketing, but the phone service had signal issues in the rural area.
Very questionable eithucs and business practices.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 31, 2014
Pros – not bad if you make minimum wage because you will make a bit more with commission. But use it as a stepping stone to get a better sales job. DO NOT go into management unless an ever changing pay scale, very poor treatment from DM's and above and crooked sales tactics are your thing.

Cons – Store Mangement is treated very poor and micro-management – more... is the life of go wireless personnell.We have to fined a way to positively spin all the extra fees you will pay in exchange for doing business with go wireless. (if you walk into a go wireless for a NEW line of service and want an iphone,,,,GUESS WHAT????? Not only is our price higher than almost every other retailer, we will also politeley charge you a mandatory $20 fee from shopping with us on that iphone.

NO OTHER PREMIUM VZW RETAILER CHARGES THIS.......I CHECKED. ITS MY JOB TO KNOW THIS AS A STORE MANAGER!!! – less
Pretty good enviorment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2014
Pros: contest and comission
Cons: no stability
Decent place to work. You meet lots of different people and get the opportunity to learn about all the new electronics coming out. I love talking to people so working with the public was good.

1 2 3 4