Go Wireless Employee Reviews

Great culture
CCR (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 8, 2017
I am a re-hire and current employee, and I love working for this company, there are a million reasons why I came back. They have great management, and amazing people who work here. If you are a self-starter, and motivated then compensation is exactly as promised.
Pros
Management, culture, flexible
Cons
schedule
Suck
Wireless consultant (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDJune 8, 2017
Nothing is ever good enough for them, most management sucks especially the higher up management. Knew a few people who were very helpful and some that only liked to help when it benefits them
Pros
Amazing customers
Cons
Greedy management
June 21, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that your experience is not consistent with our company-wide expectations. Our goal is to provide each employee with an environment that encourages and creates growth through training, teaching and mentorships. Although we may have not provided what you needed this time, know that we care deeply about the experience that you left with and hope to make this a positive change moving forward. We hope for the best for you and your career in the future.

Sketchy
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 3, 2017
it's an okay company to start off with but it's not recommended for a someone who has worked for other companies previously. Pay and commission sucks, minimum wage to start off with is ridiculous. Corporate starts you off at what Managers make here at go Wireless. Managers have to hit "quotas" as well so if you have a slow store, it's a free for all. Managers instruct you to add features to people's accounts without telling them. Minimal inventory in store as well
Pros
Cool co workers
Cons
Everything else
June 8, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with GoWireless. We are constantly working hard to deliver the best policies and procedures for our employees, our customers, and the health of GoWireless. We are very concerned with the comment you made regarding adding features to customer’s accounts without their knowledge. If you find the time, please email careers@gowireless.com to let us know the specifics of the situation you experienced. We take that very seriously. Thank you again.

Don't work here
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 1, 2017
The company is focused on making money at all costs. Employees are just a tool to be used and tossed away. They have a 100% turnover rate for a reason. They constantly change the way they pay you and set goals just outside of reach. As a store manager you get tasked with taking care of operations and training employees but if you actually want to get paid you have to sell. Management commission is garbage and they always change what your goals are and make them less than realistic. As a manager enjoy the fact that your sales reps will make as much or more than you do.
Cons
Poor upper leadership, unrealistic goals, no work life balance, never pays what you earn
Great Job
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 30, 2017
The company provided excellent training and an environment that was comfortable for both employee and customer to communicate and derive appropriate solutions and experiences.
Was bought out.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 25, 2017
This company was bought out. They were a re-seller of telecommunication services. Was a nice starting point for a career as I was able to work for the company that took over.
June 8, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were able to join our ever-expanding family. As an authorized Verizon retailer we pride ourselves on offering superior customer service. We are committed to our customer, employees, and company today and in the future as we continue to grow in this ever-changing industry.

A place to work
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 24, 2017
A typical day included selling phones, helping people with problems with there phones, and trying to get them into the phone that suited them best. I enjoyed the job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
The store I worked at was in a relatively poor city.
May 25, 2017

Thank you for your review and the time you spent with GoWireless. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with us. If you have any additional suggestions or comments, please contact us careers@gowireless.com.

its an okay job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MTMay 24, 2017
Not the most "safe" job if your looking for long term work. if a sales quote isn't hit they will fire you after your third month of not hitting a sales stander tht you have no say on.
Pros
up to hour lunch
Cons
have to hit minimum
May 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is important to us that GoWireless is always growing and improving as an employer of choice. We take our employees’ feedback very seriously and are always reviewing current processes and policies to ensure they are the best for our customers, employees, and health of GoWireless. If there is anything more you’d like to add please feel free to reach out to us at careers@gowireless.com

Experience
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 7, 2017
Worked with a great staff. Manager was fair and always looked out for the team. The store was overstaffed so it was difficult to make commission. Dislike that stores are more based off selling other services then Verizon.
Pros
not overworked, good staff
Cons
compenstation
Management was not good to me
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest, VA 24551May 6, 2017
GoWireless was a good employer and it gave you ample opportunity to make some good money. I felt that management, while I was there, put emphasis on things other than sales which made the company money. I believe that management is gone now and, overall, upper management was good and wanted to take care of his employees

Want to know more about Go Wireless?

Ask a question
great management
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTApril 30, 2017
My manger olli is great he is very helpful in helping learn all my job duties I need in order to succeed in my job. It's a competitive workplace in the sense that the more you sell the more you make but all in all it is a really laid back place to work.l and I would recomend it to anyone.
Pros
discounts on accessories
May 2, 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with GoWireless. If you ever have any suggestions on how we can be an even better company to work for, please reach out to careers@gowireless.com. Thanks again!

Great employees just wish pay was higher.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 7, 2017
Great employees just wish pay was higher. Very current on tech but hourly made it difficult during slow seasons when book of business couldn't pull through.
April 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. We agree, we have some pretty great employees. As such, we very much value your feedback, it is what helps us design a compensation plan that is both beneficial to you the employee and the health of GoWireless. We are continuing to make changes based on reviews such as yours including sales goals based on store volume. Please contact us at careers@gowireless.com if there is anything further you would like to contribute on how we can be an even better employer of choice.

Advancement opportunity and decent leadership.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 3, 2017
I liked working for Go Wireless. The only reason I left is because I need a job with more activity. There is alot of standing in this job. During transactions which can sometimes last a couple hours. It was difficult for me because I had a back surgery. The leadership was good, the training was good, the benefits were good and the potential to earn really good money is there if you follow the sales model which, at least where I worked, was very much focused on just providing people things they want to make their lives easier or more entertaining. Now not every single person was amazing there, but my store manager and district manager were both wonderful (D17 was my district PNW). They do get rid of people who are not good for the company. I would go back to working there someday if I could manage it physically. I really liked it.
Pros
People, employee discount, new technology
Cons
Standing for long periods
April 5, 2017

Thank you for your review, the time you spent with GoWireless, and everything you did for your customers and team. We are very happy to hear you had a good experience and found benefit in the processes we have in place. We work very hard to make them the very best and will always continue to improve and develop in any way we can. We are sorry to hear you were unable to continue with us due to your back injury but hope that one day you will be able to return and work with us again. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 23, 2017
Worked for Go Wireless for a couple of years. Terrible culture. Extremely high pressure and high turn over with unrealistic goal expectations. Terrible work / life balance. Very low pay in comparison to industry standards. Stay away!
Pros
A Job
Cons
Negative reinforcement, Poor upper management, Disconnected, Unrealistic expectations, HIGH turn over
Awful place to work!
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 16, 2017
If you expect a stable job, look elsewhere. They are always asking you to travel without compensation. You will never have a constant schedule... and expect it to be created at the last minute. The pay is awful for sales... They want you to sell devices and plans that would only hurt the customer... Just so they can meet their quota. Management sucks... They seem to give anyone a promotion. You also have to meet a minimum in order to receive your commission. If you get put into a slow store... Good luck living off of $10/hr. Overall... Awful place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, management, benefits, scheduling
March 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. As a current employee, you would know from our recent Employee Engagement Survey that we take any and all feedback very seriously. It is also the reason we have recently changed sales goal minimums based on store sales volume. In addition, in 2016 we launched our GoWireless Leadership Development program because we place great value on the growth and development of our management team and those looking to grow in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to your leaders, careers@gowireless.com, or hr@gowireless.com with any further suggestions on how we could improve as a company for you.

Fun place to work, management expect the best from their employees.
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you love sales. The company doesn't focus as much on customer care as I would have liked but they do try to be the highest sales locations available for Verizon.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Extremely high goals, but it does push you to do better.
March 21, 2017

Thank you for your review, it is beneficial for us to hear our employees opinions based on their experiences in the stores. In regards to our sales model, we believe in a consultative approach that works to discover our customer’s needs and then tailor a solution based on those needs. Our customers are very important to us and we always welcome any suggestions you have on how we can improve and be an employer of choice. Contact us any time at careers@gowireless.com.

Fun workplace
Commissioned Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 14, 2017
The job was easy, sales were easy to get if there wasn't a ton of employees in the store. If everyone was working on the same day, there wouldnt be enough customers for the amount of workers we had on that day which made sales goals hard to obtain.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Too many co workers for a small store
March 21, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We are glad to hear you thought of GoWireless as a fun place to work, we agree. Often times, we staff our stores based on anticipated customer volume to avoid long wait times for our customers. However, we will be sure to review your feedback with our leaders to see if there is somewhere we can improve when it comes to staffing. Thank you again.

Not a sales fan.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMarch 6, 2017
I'm not really a sales fan, the environment got too hectic and I wasn't a fan of the management. I wouldn't recommend working here, they don't appreciate their workers.
Great pay, inconsistencies in leadership and policy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Onley, VAMarch 5, 2017
The experience working here depends on who you work for. Everything is different region to region. Micromanaged on days off and scheduling. Free thinkers will not fit in.
Not worth it.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MAMarch 1, 2017
Upper management only focuses on the negative. Under paid and under appreciated. As manager you are truly only a supervisor cause upper management micro manages everything. Keep looking for other wireless retailers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5