Magento eCommerce and Web Developer
Chandler, Arizona | United States
GoCare is currently hiring for the position of Magento eCommerce and Web Developer at our Chandler, Arizona corporate office for someone who is comfortable working in a fun, fast paced environment.
GoCare is a nation-wide insurance and technology solutions provider and administrator. GoCare offers full coverage insurance, repair and technical support services for mobile electronics to individuals, companies, schools and government. GoCare also offers electronics trade-in services for companies and individuals wanting to cash in on end of life cycle electronics as well as buying and selling electronics and accessories through online, existing clients, and reseller channels. GoCare offers a growing affiliate and reseller network for others to sell GoCare insurance services through white label programs or the GoCare brand.
NOTE: This position is NOT a work-from-home or telecommute opportunity. You must work at our Chandler Arizona office.
The ideal candidate is someone who lives and breathes Magento, eCommerce, and web applications in general. Candidate should possess excellent programming skills in Magento and a variety of other platforms. Candidate will develop, test, and implement online applications, ecommerce websites, internal system applications, etc. You will be responsible for the successful operation of the GoCare and other web ecommerce businesses and cloud applications, working closely with marketing and 3rd party contractors and clients, to implement new design and online strategies to deliver profitable growth. You will join the team that integrates our ecommerce platform with the eCommerce systems of our reseller partners ecommerce, EDI and point-of-sale systems.
Candidate must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Oversees all eCommerce maintenance and development of the companies website, B2C and B2B web applications, cloud applications and internal administration web applications.
- Integrate our ecommerce platform with the commerce systems of company partners and customers.
- Enhance platform and integration technologies
- Produce high quality program code and deliver on schedule.
- Work with Program Management and Marketing to review requirements, scope and timing.
- Write technical documentation, and conduct and participate in design and programming code reviews.
- Reviewing on-going capability development and enhancement requests.
- Administer social media advertising and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, etc.
- Using Google Analytics and in-house reporting, perform analysis on shopping habits of customers across the Brands and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review competitor websites, apps, and mobile offerings and recommend changes based on new technology and trends that provide future growth opportunities.
- Work with others on the ecommerce team to ensure that website and cloud applications, structure, organization, design and functionality are customer driven, user-centric and metrics-based.
- Analyze and develop applications to work with our partner’s ecommerce platforms for use in our affiliate and reseller programs.
- Perform ongoing enhancements to online reseller environment (i.e. loyalty programs, reseller and affiliate programs, search engine marketing and optimization).
- Experiments with natural and paid search methodologies; test and recommend optimal search engine optimization strategies for all web properties.
- Ensure the website is fully functional, compelling and competitive to maintain GoCare brand and other brands.
- Work with marketing and design to ensure content on-line is engaging, brand appropriate, and inspires loyalty and deeper online customer relationships.
- Expert knowledge of Magento including coding, optimization, design and integration with other 3rd party systems
- Solid understanding of Word Press, Drupal and Ruby on Rails and general familiarity with other ecommerce platforms
- Mobile web design and coding with strong foundation in developing websites optimized for other platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Integrating code, applications and services across multiple technology platforms.
- Web site design and web site performance measurement
- SEO (On-page optimization)
- LAMP stack, SOAP, RESTful Web Services and API development skills
- API-based integrations with other ecommerce platforms and 3rd party systems
- Understanding and experience with Agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Internet marketing
- Graphic Design
- EDI and retail system application know-how
- Native iPhone and Android App programming
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of XML parsing with JAXB
- C++, ASP.NET, HTML 5, DHTML, XHTML, DOJO Toolkit
- J2EE/JavaEE and jQuery
- Struts or other MVC framework.
- Salesforce management including force.com development
- CPQ systems
- Google Apps
- Proven ability to develop/implement a successful e-commerce strategy in the consumer product industry.
- eCommerce business models and direct to consumer product industry (trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products).
- Experience with a variety of cloud based applications such as Salesforce and other CRM/ERP systems.
- Experience with Zendesk, task management systems, Google Apps, and other cloud based systems
- Experience in managing social networking and blog platforms, widget development, cloud based platforms, SAAS, mobile and emerging digital interfaces, etc.
- 5+ years as a web developer
- 3+ years as a Magento developer
- Experience working on SCRUM teams
- Experience deploying, managing and debugging ecommerce systems, applications and websites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days
- Standard work hours – M-F 8-5 pm
- All major holidays off
- Fun work environment
Indeed - 12 months ago
GoCare Warranty Group has been providing mobile device owners with coverage and peace of mind since 2010. We protect individual,...