God's Love We Deliver Employee Reviews

job
Routing Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 2, 2017
glwd was a good place due to what its delivering of food to people with illness etc
poorly operated by upper management and board directors
food wasted on daily basis
no accountability to union drivers
Pros
Cons
management
great work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
I loved working at gods love because i was cooking for people that could not cook for themselves. It made me feel good to help other people and get paid for it.
Very collaborative coworkers
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2017
Most days would be answering the phone or entering paper work. My colleagues as well as long time volunteers also help you out if you have any issues. There were a few odd days dealing with clients but otherwise most clients were very nice.
Makes you feel great
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
this is a volunteer opportunity. I have worked with them since 2010. Nothing feels better that helping those in need. I have assisted in Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The people we deliver food too are always happy and pleased to see us when we arrive.
Excellent Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Typical day is repetitious but effective.
I learned about the cause, how the company runs and my job position in reports, projects, invoices and etc.
Management is highly effective and amazing people to work for.
Co-workers are very helpful, funny, and genuine about everyone and the cause.
The hardest part of the job is angry clients and working through holidays.
The most enjoyable part is the clients that are happy to speak with you and appreciate the meals to the fullest and telling their stories of overcoming/fully recover from their disease and/or conditions to be a new healthy person.
Pros
Benefits, volunteers, co-workers
Cons
Not enough pay and work on holidays
Great Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2016
I had such an amazing time helping out at God's Love. I was able to meet so many new people and it felt really good to help out those in need of assistance.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no cons
Basic cleaning job with a pleasent atmosphere.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
This is a nice job with friendly co-workers. everybody lends a helping hand when needed. On the other hand i need something that a pays a little bit more than what I'm currently getting.
Pros
Most times there is always something to eat for breakfast so that helps out with saving money.
Cons
not enough pay
Great Place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
This is the best job I ever had, the opportunity you are exposed to are just once in a lifetime
Pros
Cons
Noting
Educate patients and prepared for patients with HIV and AIDS as well as other terminal diseases
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
Enjoyable work environment where everyone worked as a team to prepare food appropriate for the patients r people we delivered to with HIV or AIDS or other long standing diseases. There were many volunteers because of the positive work environment. The management was informative and kind. Co-workers were positive and enjoyed their work as well as the salary and benefits. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients who were so ill and although helping them with food preparation and providing it to their door, it is difficult to see people suffering. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing the food as a team and seeing the faces of the patients or ill people receiving the food when we delivered-their faces lit up with appreciation
productive work , hasle free place
Executive Chef, CEC (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2013
very very busy morning , 2nd part of the day dedicated to project and meeting early
a fun work place
Van Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2013
its a nice job to have.i was on road half the day i met new people from being the deliver and i got along with them very well....
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Van Assistant Related to Meals on Wheels (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2012
Everyday was something different, different things that could be done. I kept the Van Assistant job because I loved it most. The management was lacking and neglected. The supervisor wasn't so focused on the job. The co-workers weren't on the job as well. There was no Teamwork. The hardest part was to deliver 75 bags of food with a lazy co-worker. Was getting my good works pay at the end of the week. I worked for mines because I loved the job. That's all that made sense and kept me working.
Pros
free lunches, long breakes
Cons
supervisor complained about alot of things because of his lack.
We did a very good jobs over all.
STEWARDING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2012
Employer: God’s Love We Deliver
Job Title: Stewarding Supervisor
Duties Relevant to Position of Assistant Food Supervisor

Manage and instruct team in maintenance and safe use of kitchen equipment
Plan and organize strategies for maintaining inventories and health and safety standards
Instruct employees and supervise their work performance
Conduct inventory of kitchen supplies and equipment and ensure maintenance of adequate amounts of necessary items
Direct team in proper preparation of food warning labels
Supervise stewards in maintenance of sanitary kitchen and kitchen equipment in accordance with health department standards
Inspect kitchen areas for compliance with health, safety, and sanitary standards
Collect and report information on problems to kitchen management

Employer: Hudson River Club
Job Title: Supervisor of General Service
Duties Relevant to Position of Assistant Food Supervisor 2:
Supervised work of kitchen and inventory staff
planned and organized strategies for maintaining inventories and health and safety standards
Implemented strategies for food costs control and reduction by utilizing knowledge of food costs accounting.
Prepared costs estimates of food, beverages, and other kitchen supplies
Conducted inventory of kitchen supplies and equipment and ensured maintenance of adequate amounts of necessary items
Supervised utility and cleaning crew in maintaining kitchen and food service areas in clean, neat, orderly, sanitary and safe conditions
Instructed employees and supervised their work performance
Inspected kitchen areas for compliance
  more... with health, safety, and sanitary standards
Developed relationships with vendors to determine availability and quality of food and beverage supplies
Prepared orders for food, beverages and kitchen equipment to meet needs of busy growing restaurants in accordance with budgetary restrictions
Assisted in food preparation as a line cook during peak service times
Pros
they have 30 munites break after services
Cons
people have chance to do something outside work.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Porter, Server Safe Certified (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2012
I worked a kitchen porter in a commercial kitchen.
The hardest part of this job was cleaning pots most of the day.
The most enjoyable thing I got from this job was being able to meet different people from all walks of life... .
Pros
excellent place to work.
Cons
cleaning greasy pots most of the day.
not a bad place
Client Liaison/Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2012
facing shelves and stocking them will be a typical day. i learned that no matter what you do for a company, your job is not secure.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay
Great culture and staff. Great opportunities for volunteers
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2011
Great culture and committment to serving vulnerable population. Good salary and benefits. Good opportunites for networking.
Pros
free lunches