GoDaddy.com

GoDaddy.com Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Hosting Sales and Technical Support (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches and incentives
Cons: no time for training to better yourself, high utilization expectations
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls for hosting technical support. I have learned so much while working for GoDaddy.com, if it were not for GoDaddy I would not be where I am today with the confidence I have for Technical Support. I love the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to get to know your – more... co-workers and to truly be part of a team because they did not provide enough time off the phones for this type of team building. The best part of the job was not having to dress up. And the incentives. – less
Too fake
Internet Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IowaSeptember 10, 2014
GoDaddy tries way too hard to be hip and cool, and they neglect important things like making a decent product and actually helping customers. They are VERY anti-criticism. If you provide any sort of constructive feedback you will be labeled as "negative".
Good Company.
Customer care representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids IAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 2$ lunch, pay, bonus
Cons: hours, availability
Great training and environment. some managers make it seem like you are bothering them. Usual call center with heavy emphasis on selling
Great Place
Manager - Data Center Operations (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2014
Enjoyed working there, they have helped me learn and grow a career that I enjoy
Fun work atmosphere with good benefits but...
Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 20, 2014
Pros: catered hot lunches, flexible scheduling, benefits start on day one.
Cons: only allotted thirty minute lunches, short breaks, expected to have talk time over 80% of your shift.
This job sounds great on paper but after working here for a month I realize its not all that its cracked up to be. This is the first job Ive had working in a call center. They provide a month of training but only about ten days of it is with your trainer and the remainder of the training they have you on the phones as an attempt to "give you a feel – more... of the real thing" However, upon the completion of training and starting my actual shift, I quickly realized things were alot different when you were doing the real thing. First off, if you're working in the inbound department you have to deal with tech calls all day. The idea is someone calls in with a tech problem and you are expected to somehow turn that around and make it into a sale. As a new employee, I sometimes become frustrated with the tech questions people call in with for two reasons. One being that I dont feel I had suffiencient training to enable me to assist some customers with confidence. In training they literally have told me,"If you dont know the answer just tell the customer you are going to review their account while you place them on a brief hold, and then freak out, and come ask someone". Which brings me to part two, whenever I dont know the answer I attempt to ask my supervisor who looks at me like Im a complete moron, its as if he expects me to know all the tech stuff when no one has even taught it to me. SELL, SELL, SELL. Thats all they seem to care about. – less
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMIN (Former Employee), Scottsdale,AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria - hot lunches
Cons: na
I worked at GoDaddy.com, as a contractor, but the atmosphere and the way I was treated was beyond my expectations.
Excellent place to work
Technical Sales & Support / Team Leader (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, pay is great, bonuses, great opportunity for a career.
Cons: none really
I personally loved this company, everything about it. They really take care of their employees and make you feel appreciated. It's a great company to grow a career with if you can make it off the phones and into other areas. I only left because I relocated to another state for personal reasons. Otherwise I would still be there.
Private company going corporate
Data Center Level 1 Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: don't learn much outside of you primary job function
It was a great time when I joined GoDaddy in 2010. But now things are different, and the company is making preparations to go public.

Was just informed not too long ago that they are cutting positions within the Data Center which used to be one of the most secure positions you could have considering how many DC locations there were and had to be staffed – more... 24/7.

You don't learn much outside of your primary job function which makes it hard to move into another department that is looking for experience. – less
decent company to be with
Inbound Sales and Support Representative (Current Employee), gilbert,azAugust 10, 2014
try to tell you its a great place to work at but the directors dont want you to have any fun. started lowering the compensation plans a lot as well.
not fun at all high pressured
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 17, 2014
not fun at all high pressured hated it plus i have to work a grave yard power shift
Greatest Job
Technical Sales and Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the entire work place
$4.5 billion organization that provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website hosting, along with services and software for functions that include e-mail, e-commerce, podcasting, and website creation.
Team Enviorment, Great Co-Workers
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAJune 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, bonus on sales, subsidized lunches
Cons: promotion opportunties, time off request
Pros:
GoDaddy has a lot of great perks and is overall a fun place to work. You get to speak with people from all over the world and learn a lot about small business and internet technology. Met a lot of really fun co-workers and it's the only reason I regret leaving

Cons:
Lower level management is questionable about why they are in their position. – more... I feel some people are lied to just to get them into a particular department, for example, Hosting Support. – less
New Go daddy different direction
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: not good structure
* I answer inbound calls of people with technical issues, resolves issues when possible. Then review their account and offer sales solutions.
* More information about the internet ,email and technical jargon.
* Management is often replaced if teams are not reaching sales goals
* Work atmosphere is great met lots of great people.
* Transition from tech – more... to sales when most cust are frustrated.
* Hearing a customer smile through the phone when you helped resolve issue. – less
Fun place to work, a lot of exciting things happening.
Internet Consultant (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IowaMay 13, 2014
Pros: free health care, many give-a-ways
Cons: nothing for me to advance to.
I love this company, free health care day one and start at $15 an hour. Great managers and supervisors to work with. Never a boring day and always making a difference to the world.
Fun environment; great place to work
Sales/Tech Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits; great environment
Cons: sales pressure
I have loved working for GoDaddy. It has been a warm and welcoming environment; I have enjoyed helping our customers and learning from our staff. I had hoped I could work for GoDaddy until I retire; however I have found that the availability of new positions in the Iowa office is quite limited; with most openings being in the Phoenix area offices. Being – more... a family man, relocation across the country is not an option.
The most difficult portion of the job for me has been balancing daily sales requirements with thoroughly troubleshooting technical issues at the same time. The technical portion of my job is the real joy for me. – less
An excellent company
Software Test Engineer III (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2014
GoDaddy has the best work culture I've ever experienced. Excellent people, and excellent products
Company is in transition to publicly held, preparing for IPO.
Customer Development Consultant - Trainee (Former Employee), Gilbert, ArizonaApril 21, 2014
Pros: first day benefits, good base pay.
Cons: commission structure and management enforces a poor ethical sales posture for employees.
Changes being made are not for the better, but overall it is still among the better companies in Arizona to work for. Unfortunately, I could not push/sell their internet related products and services in sufficient dollar volume to suit them.

In the department I was working in, the managers tend to be successful salespeople who have been promoted for – more... that and not for their management abilities.

Overall, this company has grown way too fast for it to present an organized format for its employees. – less
A Godaddy girl
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAApril 9, 2014
Pros: contests, benefits, high pay, good schedule
Cons: management, call center environment
I started with Godaddy.com shortly after they opened their office in Hiawatha, IA. On my first day of training they set the right expectation that this was a very demanding job. Training was sink or swim. You either learned by doing or you were not going to be there long. It took me about four months to grasp the knowledge to be able to do the job. – more... Shortly after that I became one of the top performers in sales. I was hand picked to be on a team of experts that in our first month as a team we had the highest average sales of any team in the company. During my time there I was also a leader in the annual Costco contest in which I was given by the company $1,000 to spend whatever I wanted at the store. The benefits were excellent and Godaddy did invest a lot in their employees.

Regretfully, they could also be very unforgiving. I personally watched friends being churned out for very terrible reasons. One of my friends was fired for missing work. (She had a severe concussion due to an auto accident and was even coming into work on those conditions). My boyfriend was also fired for not meeting his sales goals. But he was an expert at technical support and even runs his own server business on the side.

You only had to miss a sales goal once to be on the fast track out the door and unlike other companies their personal development plan usually didn't include things like additional training or feedback.

In the end I left to go to hibu as I didn't see any opportunities for advancement. Many of the jobs I wanted were in kept in Arizona and not brought to the Iowa office. – less
Great company with a great vision at the top, but there's room for improvement in the processes and management of its customer service staff
Social Media Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great health coverage, modest 401k, fun work environment, visionary ceo
I began in the customer service part of the company and quickly moved into corporate although I continued working in the area of support. The company has experienced incredible growth in terms of how it does business. It has become more professional and socially responsible over the years, and every year I worked there was a happier time than the year – more... before it. It still has difficulty managing its core customer service organization and using feedback from the customers to improve its services, but its definitely doing better than it has in the past, and that's what made me feel good about working there. – less
high pressure
Customer Care Center Representative (Former Employee), ScottsdaleFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good teammates
Cons: not a good work, life balance
Inbound support consisted of taking 30-40 calls a day with 30 seconds between call. You had to stay on the phones 80% of the day

1 2 3 4

About GoDaddy.com

Go Daddy, go! Go Daddy provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website – Read more

GoDaddy.com Photos