GoDaddy.com

GoDaddy.com Employer Reviews

Private company going corporate
Data Center Level 1 Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: don't learn much outside of you primary job function
It was a great time when I joined GoDaddy in 2010. But now things are different, and the company is making preparations to go public.

Was just informed not too long ago that they are cutting positions within the Data Center which used to be one of the most secure positions you could have considering how many DC locations there were and had to be staffed – more... 24/7.

You don't learn much outside of your primary job function which makes it hard to move into another department that is looking for experience. – less
decent company to be with
Inbound Sales and Support Representative (Current Employee), gilbert,azAugust 10, 2014
try to tell you its a great place to work at but the directors dont want you to have any fun. started lowering the compensation plans a lot as well.
not fun at all high pressured
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 17, 2014
not fun at all high pressured hated it plus i have to work a grave yard power shift
Greatest Job
Technical Sales and Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the entire work place
$4.5 billion organization that provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website hosting, along with services and software for functions that include e-mail, e-commerce, podcasting, and website creation.
Team Enviorment, Great Co-Workers
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAJune 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, bonus on sales, subsidized lunches
Cons: promotion opportunties, time off request
Pros:
GoDaddy has a lot of great perks and is overall a fun place to work. You get to speak with people from all over the world and learn a lot about small business and internet technology. Met a lot of really fun co-workers and it's the only reason I regret leaving

Cons:
Lower level management is questionable about why they are in their position. – more... I feel some people are lied to just to get them into a particular department, for example, Hosting Support. – less
New Go daddy different direction
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: not good structure
* I answer inbound calls of people with technical issues, resolves issues when possible. Then review their account and offer sales solutions.
* More information about the internet ,email and technical jargon.
* Management is often replaced if teams are not reaching sales goals
* Work atmosphere is great met lots of great people.
* Transition from tech – more... to sales when most cust are frustrated.
* Hearing a customer smile through the phone when you helped resolve issue. – less
Fun place to work, a lot of exciting things happening.
Internet Consultant (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IowaMay 13, 2014
Pros: free health care, many give-a-ways
Cons: nothing for me to advance to.
I love this company, free health care day one and start at $15 an hour. Great managers and supervisors to work with. Never a boring day and always making a difference to the world.
Fun environment; great place to work
Sales/Tech Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits; great environment
Cons: sales pressure
I have loved working for GoDaddy. It has been a warm and welcoming environment; I have enjoyed helping our customers and learning from our staff. I had hoped I could work for GoDaddy until I retire; however I have found that the availability of new positions in the Iowa office is quite limited; with most openings being in the Phoenix area offices. Being – more... a family man, relocation across the country is not an option.
The most difficult portion of the job for me has been balancing daily sales requirements with thoroughly troubleshooting technical issues at the same time. The technical portion of my job is the real joy for me. – less
An excellent company
Software Test Engineer III (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2014
GoDaddy has the best work culture I've ever experienced. Excellent people, and excellent products
Company is in transition to publicly held, preparing for IPO.
Customer Development Consultant - Trainee (Former Employee), Gilbert, ArizonaApril 21, 2014
Pros: first day benefits, good base pay.
Cons: commission structure and management enforces a poor ethical sales posture for employees.
Changes being made are not for the better, but overall it is still among the better companies in Arizona to work for. Unfortunately, I could not push/sell their internet related products and services in sufficient dollar volume to suit them.

In the department I was working in, the managers tend to be successful salespeople who have been promoted for – more... that and not for their management abilities.

Overall, this company has grown way too fast for it to present an organized format for its employees. – less
A Godaddy girl
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAApril 9, 2014
Pros: contests, benefits, high pay, good schedule
Cons: management, call center environment
I started with Godaddy.com shortly after they opened their office in Hiawatha, IA. On my first day of training they set the right expectation that this was a very demanding job. Training was sink or swim. You either learned by doing or you were not going to be there long. It took me about four months to grasp the knowledge to be able to do the job. – more... Shortly after that I became one of the top performers in sales. I was hand picked to be on a team of experts that in our first month as a team we had the highest average sales of any team in the company. During my time there I was also a leader in the annual Costco contest in which I was given by the company $1,000 to spend whatever I wanted at the store. The benefits were excellent and Godaddy did invest a lot in their employees.

Regretfully, they could also be very unforgiving. I personally watched friends being churned out for very terrible reasons. One of my friends was fired for missing work. (She had a severe concussion due to an auto accident and was even coming into work on those conditions). My boyfriend was also fired for not meeting his sales goals. But he was an expert at technical support and even runs his own server business on the side.

You only had to miss a sales goal once to be on the fast track out the door and unlike other companies their personal development plan usually didn't include things like additional training or feedback.

In the end I left to go to hibu as I didn't see any opportunities for advancement. Many of the jobs I wanted were in kept in Arizona and not brought to the Iowa office. – less
Great company with a great vision at the top, but there's room for improvement in the processes and management of its customer service staff
Social Media Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great health coverage, modest 401k, fun work environment, visionary ceo
I began in the customer service part of the company and quickly moved into corporate although I continued working in the area of support. The company has experienced incredible growth in terms of how it does business. It has become more professional and socially responsible over the years, and every year I worked there was a happier time than the year – more... before it. It still has difficulty managing its core customer service organization and using feedback from the customers to improve its services, but its definitely doing better than it has in the past, and that's what made me feel good about working there. – less
high pressure
Customer Care Center Representative (Former Employee), ScottsdaleFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good teammates
Cons: not a good work, life balance
Inbound support consisted of taking 30-40 calls a day with 30 seconds between call. You had to stay on the phones 80% of the day
Great work environment
Inbound Sales & Support, Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greater Phoenix AreaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: subsidizes lunches, generous bonus structure
Cons: not much
Very positive working environment. Like any call center, GoDaddy.com will track every aspect of your work performance down to the second. Aside from that reality, its got to be one of the best places to work in the state of Arizona.
Use to be very employee centric, now its all about money, becoming very corporate
Sr Software Developer (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 7, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: politics, yes men, low moral, not many people are happy going to work anymore
This company is definitely not what it use to be. New execs/mgmt based out of California are very much in control of all decisions and they are just here to get rich when Godaddy IPOs. All decisions are based on what makes us look good on paper. Its very frustrating watching the demise.
Very tense workplace with a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: provided half price lunches, but the late shift didn't get anything
Cons: work environment.
The money and benefits were excellent at GoDaddy, but some lower level managers were being pressured to get sales. That pressure moved on to we customer reps. When customers called for help with their domains and didn't want to buy anything, supervisors would climb all over customer reps. Very tense and some female reps received positive attention from – more... supervisors based on their looks and not their work. – less
Over 40 you won't have much of a chance
Client Development Specialist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very weak, and young management in my department.
Unless you're in Upper Management, you are disposable. The culture is pretty much a bunch of geeks with more body art than the Museum of Art, and loads of piercings. It's the flip-flop generation who is interested in telling customers "This is what you need" and loading of their sales. I found that that many customer purchased products that they had – more... never used because they didn't have a clue about what they were buying,. They pitched sales that were large dollar, and then sold down.

My manager in Gilbert did next to nothing to nurture, mentor, and coach. He had been there 7 years, was 28 years old and had no desire to help you. He did know their systems, and the products,..but he found all sorts of reasons to disappear and not do his job.

I had another person who started with me that wanted to get on another team because this "clown",-- and there was more than one, could care less about you, and devoted most of his energy to "social skills".

I would say the average age in CDT was less than 30 years old. Some people had no college education at all,.. and they were "consultants" to people doing business on the internet. – less
Change in management
Sr Project Manager, Hosting (Current Employee), GIlbert, AZNovember 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: constant org changes
Over the past year or more, Go Daddy has had some major changes in their exec management, marketing, and product lineup. That being said, there have been a ton of re-orgs which is sometimes difficult to keep up with.
Very Special work place
Inbound Sales and Support Team (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, and health care
Cons: corporate changes
Godaddy was a great place to work. Creative management and very fun but serious culture.
not for me
Internet and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits and thats it
Cons: enviroment, management, sales enviroment
Unless you are the top seller than you are nothing to the company. The focus is on sales and not helping the customer. The company says it's fun, but it is quite the opposite. The environment was not for me, the company was not for me.

1 2 3

About GoDaddy.com

Go Daddy, go! Go Daddy provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website – Read more

GoDaddy.com Photos