GoDaddy.com

GoDaddy.com Employer Reviews

Great company with a great vision at the top, but there's room for improvement in the processes and management of its customer service staff
Social Media Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great health coverage, modest 401k, fun work environment, visionary ceo
I began in the customer service part of the company and quickly moved into corporate although I continued working in the area of support. The company has experienced incredible growth in terms of how it does business. It has become more professional and socially responsible over the years, and every year I worked there was a happier time than the year – more... before it. It still has difficulty managing its core customer service organization and using feedback from the customers to improve its services, but its definitely doing better than it has in the past, and that's what made me feel good about working there. – less
high pressure
Customer Care Center Representative (Former Employee), ScottsdaleFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good teammates
Cons: not a good work, life balance
Inbound support consisted of taking 30-40 calls a day with 30 seconds between call. You had to stay on the phones 80% of the day
Great work environment
Inbound Sales & Support, Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greater Phoenix AreaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: subsidizes lunches, generous bonus structure
Cons: not much
Very positive working environment. Like any call center, GoDaddy.com will track every aspect of your work performance down to the second. Aside from that reality, its got to be one of the best places to work in the state of Arizona.
Use to be very employee centric, now its all about money, becoming very corporate
Sr Software Developer (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 7, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: politics, yes men, low moral, not many people are happy going to work anymore
This company is definitely not what it use to be. New execs/mgmt based out of California are very much in control of all decisions and they are just here to get rich when Godaddy IPOs. All decisions are based on what makes us look good on paper. Its very frustrating watching the demise.
Very tense workplace with a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: provided half price lunches, but the late shift didn't get anything
Cons: work environment.
The money and benefits were excellent at GoDaddy, but some lower level managers were being pressured to get sales. That pressure moved on to we customer reps. When customers called for help with their domains and didn't want to buy anything, supervisors would climb all over customer reps. Very tense and some female reps received positive attention from – more... supervisors based on their looks and not their work. – less
Over 40 you won't have much of a chance
Client Development Specialist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very weak, and young management in my department.
Unless you're in Upper Management, you are disposable. The culture is pretty much a bunch of geeks with more body art than the Museum of Art, and loads of piercings. It's the flip-flop generation who is interested in telling customers "This is what you need" and loading of their sales. I found that that many customer purchased products that they had – more... never used because they didn't have a clue about what they were buying,. They pitched sales that were large dollar, and then sold down.

My manager in Gilbert did next to nothing to nurture, mentor, and coach. He had been there 7 years, was 28 years old and had no desire to help you. He did know their systems, and the products,..but he found all sorts of reasons to disappear and not do his job.

I had another person who started with me that wanted to get on another team because this "clown",-- and there was more than one, could care less about you, and devoted most of his energy to "social skills".

I would say the average age in CDT was less than 30 years old. Some people had no college education at all,.. and they were "consultants" to people doing business on the internet. – less
Change in management
Sr Project Manager, Hosting (Current Employee), GIlbert, AZNovember 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: constant org changes
Over the past year or more, Go Daddy has had some major changes in their exec management, marketing, and product lineup. That being said, there have been a ton of re-orgs which is sometimes difficult to keep up with.
Very Special work place
Inbound Sales and Support Team (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, and health care
Cons: corporate changes
Godaddy was a great place to work. Creative management and very fun but serious culture.
not for me
Internet and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits and thats it
Cons: enviroment, management, sales enviroment
Unless you are the top seller than you are nothing to the company. The focus is on sales and not helping the customer. The company says it's fun, but it is quite the opposite. The environment was not for me, the company was not for me.
The game has changed, but the players are the same
Internet Consultant (Former Employee), TempeNovember 2, 2013
Pros: wear street clothing, good culture, fast and good benifits
Cons: massive changes, sparse bonuses, many metrics to monitor, fast burnout
Having been with this company for 6+ years, I saw my gross income decline every year - from 50k to (recently) on pace for 35k. Mostly due to changes with the organization and surreptitious changes resulting in less commission.

It was once a very desirable position but its more like a revolving door now. People are let in with little tech requirements – more... ( IE: cant cut and paste text, no computer experience outside of Facebook, and or no real ability to speak properly on the phones. This makes its difficult to gain trust with customers who some of; have called in for the 3rd to 5th time that day.

The customers you would get on a call are not them same ones of days past (very nice and pretty good on a computer), in my opinion they are very rude, demanding, stage 5 time wasters, and all feel entitled. Most customers don't know what an address bar is or even how to type a ( ! ) on a keyboard. You will be spending a great deal of time on pre-basics of computer use within most calls.

Contrary to years past, its very difficult to makes sales (required keep your job) . The products are often broken and you are the front line defending the company. The company/marketing will give products away for almost nothing, making it extremely hard to up sell or extend terms. Customers will most often have better discounts than agents are allowed to use, and the agents who make it and do really well (some sure do) hammer people with products and useless add-on's they don't probably ever need. Look for older or confused customers and sell them the kitchen sink. More recently the agents work less together and its now a cutthroat floor where you will often have to fight to get a sale that was taken from you; as most customers of this company don't buy on the first call and agents seldom work together often anymore.

I had stayed with GoDaddy hoping things would get better but they are under massive changes. It was not uncommon to see people join and leave one day to a week later. Should you stay for several years, the vacation is great (5 weeks paid) when I had left. I could never enjoy it as i was always close to broke nearing the end. The departments are all extremely helpful, if you had a HR or Payroll issue they would always be right on it. The Company is paperless and that's a pretty cool thing , lunches are almost free and good for awhile.

Overall, its a place to work. That's it. Its not a .COM, it's now just a more hip call center, you're going to have a lot of stress, and you might get lucky here and there ... some do get random huge sales, but its not often skills if you had a bad or good day, you really have to push things you most likely don't want to force on people to keep the checks coming. – less
Exceptional People, Products, and Pay
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, subsidized lunches, people, technology, collaboration, leading edge mindset
Cons: very long hours at times, competing requirements for limited resources
A typical day at work in my former department included triaging any escalated customer or systematic issues, holding team stand-ups to regroup on project or initiative progress, spending time with staff members to work through problems, working with partners and peers across the organization to ensure needs are being met, and helping my team out in – more... any way I could.

Because of the enormous scale and magnitude of GoDaddy's systems, I learned quite a bit about the engineering "ilities" in my nearly 8 years with GoDaddy: scalability, availability, manageability, extensibility and reliability and how to develop platforms and architectures to handle the demand.

Management was typically very good, however we did re-org quite frequently because of the "keeping a fresh perspective" culture, so I had to work hard as a leader to support my staff (new & existing) and ensure there were no "concerns". It was a fairly flat organization for much of my time there so I was able to interact with management across the organization as well as executive leadership semi-regularly.

Coworkers and peers were the main driver behind the positive atmosphere that was present - even in the days leading up to our Super Bowl advertisements and necessary preparations that required 24, sometimes 36 hour stints, people still managed to keep a smile. It was a great place to be in terms of the support system.

The hardest part of the job was having my position eliminated at the beginning of the month. I was with GoDaddy for 8 years and drank the "Kool Aid" - I was extremely proud to be a part of something big from the relatively early stages.

The Christmas parties were definitely spectacular and easily the best part of the job. – less
Self motivating and high pay for performance
Customer Development Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, time off, work hours
Cons: micro management, heavy phone support
Took about 80 inbound calls and managed customers account for billing issues, product setup, introducing new products, offering high valued domains as well as website design and optimization. Performed account management to higher end customers that spent 10,000 or more per year with our company. Worked with their domain portfolio to increase revenue – more... and organize renewals on products to save money and ensure efficiency on billing cycle. – less
Awesome benefits
Internet Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free insurance, subsidized lunch
Cons: focus seems to be on selling more products instead of actually helping people
Typically a great place to work. Start the day off with a morale boosting meeting. The day flies by but the emphasis seems to be on selling products above actually fixing customer issues. Usually some sort of prize giveaway going on every month (laptops, plasma tvs, iPads)
Professional Hosting Support (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2013
I really enjoy working here. The hours can be weird and you must make sure you watch what you are doing. It provides great training.
Fun company, great pay & enjoyable
Outbound Sales & Support Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2013
Pros: subsidized lunch, massages, and a paycheck every friday
Cons: that they let me go unfortunately
I would go to work, call current customers whose products were expiring soon, speak and consult with them on what they want their website to do for them and based off of hat they said I would offer a product or give them a deal if they decided to renew their current products for a certain length of time. I learned alot about domain names, website creation, – more... SSL, DNS, and search engine optimization. The management structure was fine. There were supervisor and team leads who helped when needed. My co-workers were all pleasant to work with. The hardest part about the job was leaving at the end of my shift because I wanted to keep on working. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great pay benefits, and perks of the job. – less
Exciting, fun, fast paced environment
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2013
Pros: paid in full benefits, fun atmosphere, talented coworkers
Cons: lack of vertical communication streams
Day to day activity is an ever changing experience with customers. Processes remain steady but communication between levels and departments lack. I have learned a great deal regarding business and long term goals and strategy from helping customers with limited tech knowledge identify and accomplish success. My coworkers are the best and I'll stay in – more... contact with many people I have met. Executive management has great vision and capability but current marketing strategies have caused a wide spread frustration regarding compensation. Mid-level management has improved but also a key driver why I never moved beyond my current position. Frontline management is excellent at taking care of subordinates ensuring a stress free work environment. The hardest part currently is keeping sales numbers up when marketing has ran an 8+ month sale ranging from 58%-86% off most purchases. I understand the purpose of this but it doesn't change the impact to our compensation levels. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with our customers and helping them succeed. Some of my most memorable calls were with customers who weren't even ready to purchase but we consulted and set forth a strategic plan. Though I had my personal frustrations I would still recommend GoDaddy as an employer to anyone who asks. – less
Sell, sell, and then upsell
Sales and Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good training, good benefits
Cons: bad hours, short breaks, hard to advance, constant pressure to upsell.
Typical day involves sitting at a desk for multiple hours answering phone calls in a queue, typical queue is 6 minutes or more (100+ people waiting). There is never a break in between calls, many shifts end around 5-6pm so the call queue spikes afterwards and workforce does nothing to rectify this. Most people call in to get a simple problem solved, – more... and in the same call the representative is expected to observe any opportunity to sell new products, extend current ones, and upsell to the maximum degree. The focus of the company is not to solve customer issues, but to sell as much and for as long of a term as possible. You will not advance in this company if you are not a top salesperson. – less
Great atmosphere to work at
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 14, 2013
I would arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes before shift go to my desk get all my stuff ready for the day check email for any changes or group meetings.
Customer Service
Sales and Support, Billing (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 9, 2013
a typical day at work is in a call center.
I have learned the ins and outs of selling websites
The management at godaddy is good
Productive place to work with Wii games
Inbound Sales and Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: favoritism, restricted movement
Spend 8 hours a day interacting with internal and external customers. I gained a lot of knowledge with Information Technology. Hardest part of the job is dealing with irrate customers, most enjoyable is being able to help employees help the average customer lift their business off the ground.

1 2 3

About GoDaddy.com

Go Daddy, go! Go Daddy provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website – Read more

GoDaddy.com Photos