GoDaddy.com

GoDaddy.com Employer Reviews

GoDaddy will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: dishonest management, lack of a clear direction from management
I would take a someone more skilled at writing to adequately explain what it is like to work for GoDaddy but I will do my best.

GoDaddy loves to tell people how much they care. And they love being know by how well they supposedly treat their employees. And they do treat their employees well...as long as you're in sales, programming or creative. If – more... you working in their offices, GoDaddy will show you everyday that they care. But what about the other departments at Go Daddy? Well, they will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job. But that's after they lied to your face and told you your job was safe.

But even before I lost my job with GoDaddy, working for them wasn't fantastic. There is a frustrating lack of direction and cohesion within management. You'll often find yourself wondering if they actually forgot that you work there - until you make a mistake that is. – less
Fast paced environment with a relaxed atmosphere
Future Leader (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 18, 2014
This company was amazing for most of the time that I was there. They had a phenomenal compensation program as well as incredible leadership opportunities.

The metrics were not hard to meet and I had the luxury of working with some of the best sales trainers I have ever come across.

The compensation plans where changed and the promises for advancement – more... seemed fabricated at the end of my career with GoDaddy. this inevitably lead to my departure from their employment.

The company itself is truly amazing and they very much so do a lot for their employees as well as their customers. – less
Marketing Team (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 17, 2014
Pros: the people, cafe in house, culture
Cons: getting rid of discounted gym memberships
The people there are wonderful. It is an exciting time to be there given how fast the industry is growing. They promote a work/life balance as well.
Just your average sales job
Customer Development Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 3, 2014
Benefits were great, but really easy to get burned out here. Leadership doesn't seem to understand that.
Used to be a great place to work
Sales (Former Employee), C3November 30, 2014
Pros: very good compensation - when you get it
Cons: micromanaged with the intent of finding ways to not pay you
GoDaddy used to be a phenomenal place to work. Was an awesome experience actually working for a sizable company that got to be as well known as it was *because* of the way it was operated. Used to fully believe in "The Golden Triangle" Do what's right for the customer, what's right for the employee, and what's right for the company. If it was the right – more... thing you just did it.

Now you just do what's right for the investors hopeful future IPO share price. – less
hard to move around in company, benefits are good
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IANovember 10, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch, bonus checks, benefits
Cons: minimum coaching, selective, hr distant, just sales
I started right out of college and for an entry-level sales position its not bad. I applied for a first-shift position and it wasn't until after I accepted the job that they told me I would be getting 2nd sift and there were no other openings. I was assured that after training I could apply to get a first-shift position. I have applied for every shift – more... opening (4 times) in the 3+ months that I've been out of training and I cannot move. There are new people out of training going to first shift. HR/workforce decisions don't seem to make sense and individuals that have been working there longer than me cannot seem to get a better shift. I am not a night person so 3pm-12am leaves me exhausted and its extremely hard to have a social life.

I also found that all of the positions that don't require you being in the call center are in AZ, which for lots of people, relocation is not an option. For me, sales is not a longer term career, so I don't see much of a future for me here.

The great part about this is the pay and the bonuses. The only downside is if you cannot meet minimums, meaning you are not a great sales person, you are two warnings away from getting fired.

The benefits are also very nice. If you can sell, can settle for strange shifts, and are looking for a secure job with decent pay, this is a great place. If not, keep looking. – less
Not the same Go Daddy you hear about
Internet Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee), ArizonaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: learn about the internet business
Cons: paranoid employees, strict call center and policy changes constantly which leave employees confused
Go Daddy is flashy...its the orange and the green and that song! Their cool right? The internet thing, small business etc. Well the truth is it is a freakin joke! As soon as they filed their IPO they began to let people go. 1 by 1 . Secretively not allowing them to say goodbye to co workers they had worked with for years. Just " Here is your paperwork, – more... your benefits end at midnight". The family environment is an illusion. The only true winners were the ones who jumped on board with Go Daddy in the first 10 years. If they made it that long they will be fine. Everyone else may as well be signing up for AVON or to sell candles. It's someone elses dream and they want employees to think they can be a part of it- but they are not. They treat their Customer Service and Sales Techs like they are morons. EVERYONE in the Entry level departments (which is your only real way into the company despite most applicants are graduates unless you are an Engineer or Developer) are miserable. Make money, Make money, Make money on those calls. But if you don't say something verbatim you will be fired. It's a call center. Nothing more now. I truly believe they are trying to make people leave for some type of turnover statistic so they can eventually head oversea for customer service and tech employees. Anyways....its a joke. – less
Great Company
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: insurance, 401k plan, assisting customers
Cons: sales
Godaddy is a upbeat company that pushes hard to accomplish goals on a daily basis. The company teaches and trains very well in understanding how servers and websites work. Sales associates are reviewed every month to see where they are in terms of reaching their goals, and assisting customers. Godaddy strives to be the best in selling high quality products – more... and high quality support. Co-Workers are like family members wanting to help one another succeed. The management is excellent where top managers walk on floor level to meet with all employees and keep them informed company accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things on a daily basis and being apart of a team that ends up helping people move their business forward in an online environment. – less
Honesty SHOULD be the best policy
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches, great pay and benefits
Cons: hard to request time off, too many metrics to follow, management team = liars
I feel that I was duped by the management team/executives at GoDaddy. I have a degree in Marketing and during my interviews I was told that I could most definitely move up to the marketing department within 6 months. They told me that I should get experience on the phones with the customers so that I can better market to them, which makes complete sense. – more... So I took the job. But, after 6 months when I started applying for the marketing jobs, I got nowhere. My immediate supervisor told me that it was actually very difficult to move from the sales floor to a management position. I was livid, but stayed with GoDaddy a few more months because the benefits and pay are great.

I eventually left because of the fact I was lied to, but also because the sales/service consultant position has impossible standards to live up to. There are over a dozen metrics that one must hit in order to be eligible for bonus checks, and they are adding more constantly. The supervisors are all focused on the sales aspect, which, granted, is a big part of the job, but expect us to hit those sales goals when most customers are calling in with a technical issue and just want it resolved. I was "coached" several times for not selling enough - they said I devoted too much time to the technical issues at hand and was caught in a "tech tunnel."
They also advertised during training that there was no set script that we had to follow, but once on the floor, they introduced a call flow chart and we would get in trouble if we didn't hit all the marks on that chart.

I still really appreciate GoDaddy for the products they offer, but its a terrible place to work. Yes, the pay and benefits are good, but I hated being lied to by my employer on a regular basis. – less
Fun Place to work
Hosting Sales and Technical Support (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches and incentives
Cons: no time for training to better yourself, high utilization expectations
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls for hosting technical support. I have learned so much while working for GoDaddy.com, if it were not for GoDaddy I would not be where I am today with the confidence I have for Technical Support. I love the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to get to know your – more... co-workers and to truly be part of a team because they did not provide enough time off the phones for this type of team building. The best part of the job was not having to dress up. And the incentives. – less
Too fake
Internet Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IowaSeptember 10, 2014
GoDaddy tries way too hard to be hip and cool, and they neglect important things like making a decent product and actually helping customers. They are VERY anti-criticism. If you provide any sort of constructive feedback you will be labeled as "negative".
Good Company.
Customer care representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids IAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 2$ lunch, pay, bonus
Cons: hours, availability
Great training and environment. some managers make it seem like you are bothering them. Usual call center with heavy emphasis on selling
Great Place
Manager - Data Center Operations (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2014
Enjoyed working there, they have helped me learn and grow a career that I enjoy
Fun work atmosphere with good benefits but...
Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 20, 2014
Pros: catered hot lunches, flexible scheduling, benefits start on day one.
Cons: only allotted thirty minute lunches, short breaks, expected to have talk time over 80% of your shift.
This job sounds great on paper but after working here for a month I realize its not all that its cracked up to be. This is the first job Ive had working in a call center. They provide a month of training but only about ten days of it is with your trainer and the remainder of the training they have you on the phones as an attempt to "give you a feel – more... of the real thing" However, upon the completion of training and starting my actual shift, I quickly realized things were alot different when you were doing the real thing. First off, if you're working in the inbound department you have to deal with tech calls all day. The idea is someone calls in with a tech problem and you are expected to somehow turn that around and make it into a sale. As a new employee, I sometimes become frustrated with the tech questions people call in with for two reasons. One being that I dont feel I had suffiencient training to enable me to assist some customers with confidence. In training they literally have told me,"If you dont know the answer just tell the customer you are going to review their account while you place them on a brief hold, and then freak out, and come ask someone". Which brings me to part two, whenever I dont know the answer I attempt to ask my supervisor who looks at me like Im a complete moron, its as if he expects me to know all the tech stuff when no one has even taught it to me. SELL, SELL, SELL. Thats all they seem to care about. – less
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMIN (Former Employee), Scottsdale,AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria - hot lunches
Cons: na
I worked at GoDaddy.com, as a contractor, but the atmosphere and the way I was treated was beyond my expectations.
Excellent place to work
Technical Sales & Support / Team Leader (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, pay is great, bonuses, great opportunity for a career.
Cons: none really
I personally loved this company, everything about it. They really take care of their employees and make you feel appreciated. It's a great company to grow a career with if you can make it off the phones and into other areas. I only left because I relocated to another state for personal reasons. Otherwise I would still be there.
Private company going corporate
Data Center Level 1 Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: don't learn much outside of you primary job function
It was a great time when I joined GoDaddy in 2010. But now things are different, and the company is making preparations to go public.

Was just informed not too long ago that they are cutting positions within the Data Center which used to be one of the most secure positions you could have considering how many DC locations there were and had to be staffed – more... 24/7.

You don't learn much outside of your primary job function which makes it hard to move into another department that is looking for experience. – less
decent company to be with
Inbound Sales and Support Representative (Current Employee), gilbert,azAugust 10, 2014
try to tell you its a great place to work at but the directors dont want you to have any fun. started lowering the compensation plans a lot as well.
not fun at all high pressured
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 17, 2014
not fun at all high pressured hated it plus i have to work a grave yard power shift
Greatest Job
Technical Sales and Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the entire work place
$4.5 billion organization that provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website hosting, along with services and software for functions that include e-mail, e-commerce, podcasting, and website creation.

1 2 3 4

About GoDaddy.com

Go Daddy, go! Go Daddy provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website – Read more

GoDaddy.com Photos