GoDaddy Employee Reviews

The values are good, too bad management cant follow those values
CDT consultant (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJanuary 25, 2016
I am in the customer development team at Godaddy in Hiawatha Iowa. My current position puts me in a position to call out to existing customers to make sure that we are meeting their online needs. That is what the position is supposed to be. What the position is really about is lets call customers over and over and then try to sell as much stuff for the longest period of time we can possibly extend it out for. Outbound calling is not for everybody. Even people with outbound sales experience will tell you this is a challenging role. So in the interview process for this role, they tell you that the bonus to be made in this department is top in the company. I will agree that SOME bonus checks are bigger than what is typically seen in inbound, but those do not come consistently and most of the agents in this department would make more of a bonus check had they stayed in inbound. You do not get a pay increase for this department. In the interview process they are really good at selling you on what the department would be like if we actually followed the moto of wanting to help the customer, but instead when you get the position you find that its only about helping the customer if it involves making money on new products. You also learn that even though you have now started in one of the hardest positions the company has to offer, you do not get a pay increase, your bonuses are smaller than they would have been if you would have been an inbound agent, but you also learn that you will be taking inbound calls and doing the inbound job sometimes for weeks at a time with a goal for the  more... same work that is more than twice as high. So even though we do the same work, we are not paid more hourly, our goals are twice that of a normal inbound rep. Here is the best part. When you ask to go back to inbound they say that there is a department freeze and there for we cannot change positions. There can be many open positions available to move to but instead they would rather fire someone for not meeting those goals or make them so miserable that they quit rather than move them to a place that would benefit the company and the employee. There was also talk of "Taking out the trash" where basically is was presented by management that if someone does not like their position and they want to move to inbound then they would rather move them out of the company by any means possible than to move them to a more suitable position! I could not believe this! I like that Godaddy over all has a great vision. I think the CEO is AMAZING but when it comes down to directors and managers, I think they have the values of this company all out of perspective.  less
Pros
$2 lunches, holiday party
Cons
short breaks, dont know your schedule before you start a new position
Dynamic work environment
Internet Service Sales and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 21, 2016
They really care about their employees and well being. There is a lot of opportunity within the company but it's challenging.
Used to be a phenomenal employer
(DC) Technician/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2016
new management came in and started restructruring and downsizing, as well as changing some of the things that made godaddy successful in the first place (incentives, procedures, culture)
Job Security is not a thing here.
Hosting Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 2, 2016
I was only hired for the span of a little over a week for my work in Hosting and Sales Support. My day consisted of coming in and sitting through rigourous training for the position. My co-workers would often discuss things that were not relevant or on topic, making it difficult for those of us just learning to be able to retain that information that was needed of us. I was not able to experience the hardest part of the job aside from an assessment that was required of us after a week of training that held our employement in its hands. I, as well as a handful of others, did not pass the asssessment and were terminated on the spot, with no opportunities to try further.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
No real job security
Great Culture - No Room to Grow
Sales and Technical Support Consultant
 (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 24, 2015
GoDaddy has some of the most talented and brightest management (below Top Management and Department heads that is). It's a great company for the employees and the culture, but if you're looking to advance, it's not likely to happen - especially on the corporate side.

As long as you can keep in mind that this company is cut-throat and everyone is expendable - you'll do fine, provided you hit sales goals. If not, best to start looking for another job.
Pros
Great culture, Awesome people to work with, prizes from time to time
Cons
No room to advance, Upper management ignores employees despite what they promise, dwindling commission structures now that they're public
Godaddy going public hurt the employees
Product Sales/Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 19, 2015
Unfortunately before godaddys stock went public it was a great place to work but once it went public everything went down hill. Departments were downsized, people were forced to move into positions where they were not qualified and the customers experience took a turn for the worse. the eliminated greatly needed support teams and thus the culture was negatively impacted.
Pros
subsidized lunch, free healthcare and dental, pet insurance, casual atire
Cons
High turnover due to unattainable metrics expectations, inter office politics based on favoritizm and "bro mentality"
Fun workplace
Services and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IADecember 17, 2015
I enjoyed helping small businesses establish an online presence. Creating a web presence for a small business can get overwhelming and also be time consuming. As part of the GoDaddy team, I was glad to help numerous small business get online and advertise what they are passionate about.
A very competative and Cut Throat environment
C3 Inbound Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 8, 2015
Once on board you need to immediately KNOW GoDaddy lingo and NO Other. Training is ONLY given to Cry Babies. And if you don't understand lingo, you are lost FOREVER.
Pros
Time Off, Friendly People
Cons
Training, one on one lacking after being around for a while, Favorites, and Sups don't have enough time for you.
Great atmosphere, fun place to work
Business Consultant/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 4, 2015
This is an excellent company with good services. They take pride in having a fun atmosphere, with ping pong tables and a slide. The inbound support calls you get are mostly tech support, and the customers are nice to work with (probably my favorite thing about working at GoDaddy are the customers!). The biggest issue I've had personally with this position is that it's a high sales expectation. GoDaddy doesn't have a 'customer support' and a 'sales' department, it's all in the same. So even with the 'tech' calls you get, you are still expected to sell. The other issue is job advancement is difficult. To apply for another department you must meet sales requirements, even if the position isn't in a sales role.
Pros
Good Benefits
Friendly environment
Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 23, 2015
Great company, good teamwork. Friendly environment and fun to be at work everyday. Get pay and hours and lots of opportunities to advance.
Call Center environment built around teams and fun
Sales and Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilbert ArizonaOctober 10, 2015
As a call center representative it was spending seven and a half hours a day taking calls from customers and working with your team, leads, supervisor, second tier support and other departments to find client satisfaction and resolution for your customer. We also had team meetings, training, one on ones, and company meetings that helped to further our growth and development. The team environment worked well as your co-workers were your first line of support for most issues experienced. Also after work team building events were a great way to bond a team and make work friends. The hardest part of the job would be the irate customers who were very unhappy and most of the time would want a supervisor. Most enjoyable part of the job was when you were able to get a customer, who had no real hope of resolution, back up and running. The joy they felt at that was very infectious.
Pros
Additional Training
Cons
Management not always organized, long days, irate customers
Fun although very frustrating
Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2015
The work life and actual job and environment was great. But at the time i was employed i did notice too many office politics, especially when it came to promoting employees. They preach a cool and laid back work life but they had intense policies on attendance and vacation made the job feel, at times, very frustrating.
Pros
pay, benefits, location, co-workers
Cons
management and attendance/vacation policies
Productive and fun workplace.
Internet Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day would consist of opening up with a team meeting to get everyone on the same page and try to build up team motivation. We would then hop onto the phones and immediately start assisting customers. Our management would keep things fun by running competitions and having crazy things like a dunk tank with someone from management you could go dunk during a break or over lunch. It was a great environment with generally great co-workers, and the environment was really positive.
Pros
Excellent lunch options for great prices, fun events, great healthcare.
Cons
Quota driven, metric requirements to keep your job.
Productive workplace very diverse
Internet Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 17, 2015
Fun company to work for, job security is a bit weary. They will not work with you if you have personal issues or health concerns. Was fired for attendance issues, they expect you to only have one absence per 1 year. They must not understand life happens. Was aware of that policy but was also never given a final written warning.
Pros
Cheap lunches, fun enviroment, diverse people, intelligent workers
Cons
sales expectations, attendance lienency
fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  phoenix azAugust 21, 2015
awesome place to work with great people and great culture. Everyone is very dynamic and support each others growth.
the supervisors are really great people and are very flexible
Productive, energetic workplace.
Hosting Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 10, 2015
Great company to work for if you want ultra fast-paced environment. Unfortunately I felt as though it was more about the sales rather than doing a good job by the customer.
Pros
Great Cafeteria, Great Benefits.
Cons
High Pressure Sales
Excellent work environment
Technical Support and Sales (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 6, 2015
Interact with customers daily. Management allowed you to work with and dig into issues to resolve them. Training was superior and product knowledge allow you to make a higher income.
Good people, good customers, taxing job
Reactive Chat Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 22, 2015
It is very sales base which can really bring you down but i absolutely love it there. they do what they can to alleviate the pressure because they know how it is
fair
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  tempeJuly 21, 2015
this company likes to micro manage their employees, as well as only provide them with a final written warning if late to work.
Great company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed being a customer service rep at godaddy. I had never done any technical support before and I learned a lot. I enjoyed being able to help customers with all their business needs and troubleshooting issues.
I enjoyed my coworkers, godaddy is a laid back wrok place with good benefits and pay.
My typical day would consist of taking customer calls and assisting them to the best of my ability.