GoDaddy Employee Reviews in United States

Advance Hosting Support
Advanced Hosting Support (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 10, 2016
GoDaddy has great benefits and the people you work with are great! However, your work life balance is the worst. I have kids and never see them. When I was hired I was told I would be on a schedule that did not work out with my life as a mother, and after my 90 days were up I could speak to my supervisor and they could accommodate my needs if it interfered with my home life. Well I have been on that horrible schedule and I just hit my 1 year there.

Aside from that the people are great, you really need to show that you are willing to be a better agent for you to get recognition there.

There are always changes going on, if you do not like changes at the last minute then this might not be the place for you.

I have learned a lot while working there in a year. I went into the position knowing the very minimal of the web hosting industry, to logging into servers and making sure they are set up properly. I have learned more in my time here at GoDaddy than I have in my 4 years of school.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, and Food
Cons
Scheduling, Short breaks, and Sell Sell Sell
Fun Culture best benefit
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2016
The day is productive, but management hovers if you are on a call for too long, and they are very pushy about sales. This helps in the compensation department, as long as they keep the commissions reasonable. They changed structure several times and management while I worked there, which hinders job advancement.
Pros
Free Lunches, drawings, company parties
Cons
Management, commissions, and job security
Great atmosphere, fun place to work
Business Consultant/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 4, 2015
This is an excellent company with good services. They take pride in having a fun atmosphere, with ping pong tables and a slide. The inbound support calls you get are mostly tech support, and the customers are nice to work with (probably my favorite thing about working at GoDaddy are the customers!). The biggest issue I've had personally with this position is that it's a high sales expectation. GoDaddy doesn't have a 'customer support' and a 'sales' department, it's all in the same. So even with the 'tech' calls you get, you are still expected to sell. The other issue is job advancement is difficult. To apply for another department you must meet sales requirements, even if the position isn't in a sales role.
Pros
Good Benefits
Sales is everything.
Professional Hosting Support Agent II (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 4, 2016
This company wants skilled sales people in all roles. The corporate philosophy is that even advanced technical support and administrative roles benefit from development of salesmanship skills. I often was told that I was passed over for promotion in my 5 years there because my sales numbers were not higher than colleagues applying for the same positions. This seemed to improve to recognize other factors such as job knowledge and experience over the years after I started but it is still a major part of management culture as almost all of lower and middle management were promoted for their sales acumen.
Pros
Good pay and training provided for entry level tech support call center.
Cons
High turnover and overly sales focused.
Moving up and to the right
Inbound Sales & Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 13, 2015
This is a great organization that continues to improve as it grows. There is a focus on the work/life balance for employees and a commitment to providing all the tools necessary to succeed. Middle Management is where there is an opportunity for growth and maturity as there is no consistency in the way that employees are coached, developed, and managed.
Pros
Great benefits, above average pay, career path opportunities
Cons
Lack of Leadership within Middle Management
Fun although very frustrating
Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2015
The work life and actual job and environment was great. But at the time i was employed i did notice too many office politics, especially when it came to promoting employees. They preach a cool and laid back work life but they had intense policies on attendance and vacation made the job feel, at times, very frustrating.
Pros
pay, benefits, location, co-workers
Cons
management and attendance/vacation policies
Godaddy
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND SALES (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2016
Godaddy is the best company I have ever worked for. They treat their employees well the benefits are like no other. Everybody there is just so helpful and friendly its like a family.
Great pay and benefits but just a job, not a career choice
C3 Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaSeptember 17, 2015
There are many positive things about working for Go Daddy, they pay is good and the health benefits are great. However after over 9 years of working for the same company, they lack the ability to hire true talented people in to higher levels within the company. I was considered to be one of the experts on the technical support floor and had sought out other positions in the company to further advance my career but was never able to move up from the position I held for over 9 years. I found their hiring process to be very counter-intuitive as the hiring process did not take into account experience, knowledge level, or even seniority. It became very clear management wanted me to stay on the Sales and Support floor because of my consistency with exceeding all my sales and metric quotas that I was too valuable to move out of the position I was in.

I did learn a lot from 'on the job experience' while working with Go Daddy, and have furthered my education about websites and how they run and how to maintain and run my own server. However if you're looking for a career, Go Daddy makes it just a JOB not a Career.
Pros
Good pay, Great Benefits, subsidized lunches
Cons
Difficult to move up, no consistancy with culture, they change policies too often.
Don't buy into the hype
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZJune 14, 2015
Go Daddy is a company that is all hype. Their products are terrible and have a lot of angry customers calling in for tech support or refunds. There is always at least 400 plus calls in queue. My cube neighbor was cussed out and abused by a customer that hung up on him and he didn't call the customer back (for more abuse) and got fired. The second level tech support for the sales/service people is terrible, they have bad attitude's like they are being put out for doing there jobs helping us so we can help the customers. Getting management on the phones is like pulling teeth. This is a sweat shop. they have very young and inexperienced management that make's bad decisions.
Pros
Benefits start day one paid for
Cons
Revolving door, young inexperienced management will fire you on the spot
Great place to hone your skills, short term prospect only
Hosting Support Educator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 27, 2016
GoDaddy can be a great place to work for if it overcomes some of the skeletons in its closet. Many of the members of mid management are still part of the old guard, and are stuck in their old ways. Questioning a process that can be improved upon is often viewed as not wanting to be part of the team, or pushing back against leaderships wishes; when in fact the process is flawed and only in place "because thats how its always been done." True leadership ends up burning out like a fading star, While supervisors that lead by fear and enjoy their sense of power thrive on.
Be realistic in what the job is and don't drink the Kool Aid and it can be a good place to work.
Not a great job experience.
INTERNET SALES & SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 17, 2015
The company isn't close to what it purports itself to be. While the culture is inclusive of all types of people, you will only succeed at this company if you push multiple poorly working internet products for multi-year terms to people that are primarily calling in for customer support.

The health benefits were good, the discounted meals were not.

"Bonuses" are not easy to achieve, particularly if you work 2nd or 3rd shift.

I made it 19 months which for GoDaddy is a long term employee; the amount of people that work there under a year is astronomical.

In terms of management, the leadership is comprised of 20 somethings with little management experience or people skills. Those in management got there by being overly aggressive sales people.

My recommendation would be to steer clear.
Pros
casual attire
Cons
bonuses are difficult to get, meal service is horrible, poor management
Great Culture - No Room to Grow
Sales and Technical Support Consultant
 (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 24, 2015
GoDaddy has some of the most talented and brightest management (below Top Management and Department heads that is). It's a great company for the employees and the culture, but if you're looking to advance, it's not likely to happen - especially on the corporate side.

As long as you can keep in mind that this company is cut-throat and everyone is expendable - you'll do fine, provided you hit sales goals. If not, best to start looking for another job.
Pros
Great culture, Awesome people to work with, prizes from time to time
Cons
No room to advance, Upper management ignores employees despite what they promise, dwindling commission structures now that they're public
GoDaddy
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2016
Day is getting people to buy Go Daddy Products. What I learned is how to effective manager a large department.I loved most of my co-Workers we worked together well and supported each other daily. There were a few that would step on your face to move up and lots of inter office affairs that became a real advantage for many employees. Hardest part of the job dealing with all the HR issue that were reported daily. I enjoyed the most,working with my peers and helping people meet their goals.
Pros
Bonus can be very good and benefits are outstanding.
Cons
Fooled to believe bonus is always going to be there for you.
Outstanding Pay and Benefits
Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2015
Go Daddy provides excellent pay and benefits, but there is zero career pathing. No upward mobility, just shuffling around between different but similar jobs.
I was with GD for 2 and half years in sales. I loved the people I worked with, but the job got very old and I became burnt out.
With no real advancement in the company (there are only 2 positions above inbound support and sales, Lead and Supervisor) I had to leave.
Tremendous pay if you can sell, but the job got old.
Pros
$2 lunches, Pay, Benefits, Prizes (think cars and trips to Vegas)
Cons
Management, Career Pathing
Job Security is not a thing here.
Hosting Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 2, 2016
I was only hired for the span of a little over a week for my work in Hosting and Sales Support. My day consisted of coming in and sitting through rigourous training for the position. My co-workers would often discuss things that were not relevant or on topic, making it difficult for those of us just learning to be able to retain that information that was needed of us. I was not able to experience the hardest part of the job aside from an assessment that was required of us after a week of training that held our employement in its hands. I, as well as a handful of others, did not pass the asssessment and were terminated on the spot, with no opportunities to try further.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
No real job security
Sometimes you hit a dead end in your career
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 26, 2016
When I started at GoDaddy the environment was very much "hiring within", however since going public it has turned to be more selective and more biased towards external candidates, leaving current employees feeling less than appreciated. We are full of talent and passion, we just need to be in good soil to grow.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, team builders, holiday party, free health insurance
Cons
Lack of employee development inside business hours, management is disconnected from real issues on the front lines, choices are made with stockholders in mind and less in favor of the customer
Innovative company with focus on Employee Satisfaction
Billing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2016
Godaddy was a great place to learn new technology as well to further my sales career. Working with small business owners, I had the opportunity to become part of their success. Godaddy empowered me to consult with these small businesses to further their online presence. The compensation nd benefits plan was incredible and it didn't hurt to have a putting green in the office! Daily I would talk with customer about their goals and ultimately provide a solution to help them meet those goals. I learned to step out of my own shoes and into the shoes of the person behind the business. Management was extremely supportive and coached me to be my best. My co workers were fun and allowed me to piggy back off of their success day letting me shadow their calls, and providing good tribal knowledge to help me succeed. The hardest part of my job was the repetition of answering calls but the success of my customers made it worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my job were the conversations about my customers' business, as well as the contests and awards for performance.
Customer Service Representative Technical (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2016
• Identify, engage, consult
• Answer customer telephone call regarding existing and new customer accounts
• Consult with different business owners and personalities to evaluate needs and determine the best options for their business
• Provide thorough support for customers by providing them with accurate and appropriate technical support
• Manage base support to customers clients
• Hit a specific sales goal monthly
Pros
Free lunch great benefits great work environment
Cons
nothing
Unhealthy environment to work in (fake training specialist)
Customer sales and support (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2016
Do not apply for any jobs at this place!!!! Save yourself a headache. When you first get a call it will seem like it is the best place to work for but it really isn't. Don't be fooled by the recruiter when he tells you that it is such an awesome place to work for because not even they believe it. My class consisted of 20 employees all of which have resigned including myself.
Pros
easy to get into
Cons
Very poor management I want to emphasize on "poor" because it was that bad.
Great work place fun atmostphere
Professional Hosting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAFebruary 29, 2016
At GoDaddy I was able to really fit in and be myself. It has a family like atmosphere, where you feel welcome right away. It is also is a relaxed fun environment. But at the same time everyone is very motivated to succeed and WIN.
Pros
Job Culture, People
Cons
Communication between Management and employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8