GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Great company with great culture
Test Architect (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Company has been evolving and growing at a rapid pace. Has evolved from a cheezy marketing driven to an engineering focus company with strong focus on customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Anatomy, Hackathons
i liked working at Godaddy
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 12, 2018
i really enjoyed my time with Godaddy. Unfortunately when the new investors came and purchased 49% of the company, a lot of the tenured reps took HUGE pay cuts and that's when I decided to leave. They really took care of me when I was there though. Big Christmas parties, good leaders and it used to be decent pay
Pros
discounted lunches, fair pay, good leaders
Cons
high quotas, little room for advancement
love the Company Hate my department
Website success manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 8, 2018
GoDaddy does a lot of things right but one of the things I cant stand and a big reason I am leaving is because in the PWS Department the managers only hire people that don't threaten them they want "Yes Men" that will not challenge the status quo they hire completely unqualified supervisors and managers simply because they will follow what ever direction they are given whether they know it to be right or wrong... but I believe its mainly because they have so little management experience that they just don't know any better and assume that what they are told is the best thing.
Excellent employer with remarkable benefits
Strategic Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 7, 2018
GoDaddy was an excellent place to work with emphasis on developing and supporting individual goals and growth. Maintaining a high standard of behaviors that contributed to the success of the company goals the the goals of other team members was essential.
Pros
Flexible atmosphere where you were never bound by the status quo was very enjoyable.
Cons
Lack of a firm direction was sometimes difficult.
GoDaddy
Customer Consultation & Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Absolutely recommend working for GoDaddy. The Hardest part for me was working from home as I did not have a great deal of technology support in my background. Access to solutions added time to my customer calls. Great place!!!
Work hard and play hard
Productivity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 20, 2017
You are challenged every day to learn more and more about websites email and domains. Anything that creates a successful online presence, you are looking into at some point. Its sink or swim. Training is great but floor managers not so much. Don't expect managers to know the products. This can get frustrating for anyone looking to a manager for an answer. Ats or google are your best friends.

If you can make it through the fire the monetary benefits are huge and plenty of time of to use it. They strongly believe that we should live our lives to the fullest in order to perform to the fullest.
Pros
great opportunity to make money
Cons
Stress stress stress
Potential to be a great place
Professional Web Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 19, 2017
It really has the potential to be a great place to work. However, at least in my team, the management fell completely flat and the team fell apart. Season veterans fled the company and there was no attempt at finding a solution, even when half of the team was suddenly gone.
Not what it once was
Front of Site Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 19, 2017
Company made it clear how they felt about their employees when they decided to close US departments to set them up overseas so they wouldnt have to pay them as much. They also try and force you to make sales to keep your job. They put on a show that they care about their employees, but it couldnt be further from the truth.
Pros
Nice benefits if you were hired before 2016, new hire benefits are a joke
Great pay and benefits
SALES & TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 12, 2017
The benefits are great, so is the pay and online product(s) discounts. But advancement in the company is very hard to acquire. But the do offer lunches and food trucks for their employees at a reasonable price. Which is a bonus.
Overall great company!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2017
overall great company! they do need to work on getting better management. management on graveyard do not like to take supervisor calls. Some of them do not really help out to much. But other than that GoDaddy is an awesome company with amazing benefits. I just wish management was better.
Nice benefits/bad management
SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 26, 2017
Interested in only sales. Customer care has diminished greatly from when I started 5 yrs ago. Unfair movement of people through departments. Little training on products. Expect for you to learn outside of work in dummy account
A politically charged hugbox for the technically inept
Hosting Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2017
The only focus is on sales , No one cares about your technical skills , what certification's you have or are working towards.

Management only cares about pressuring agents for sales , not actually fixing issues.

Trying to work your way up simply will not happen unless you are great at sales then your only route up is a csr manager , server and linux guru's need apply elsewhere because they have been outsourced.
Pros
Pay, Cheap food
Cons
Too much politics in the workplace, and stuff that does not relate to work. You will not move up if you are a techie, you will not be valued for critical thinking and problem solving.
Fun but dangerous
HOSTING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 10, 2017
GoDaddy has excellent benefits and culture, but a very cut throat attitude both towards customers and co workers. You learn something new every day, you're not scripted, but you can get written up for almost anything, plus are expected to know things sometimes when you receive no training on them.
Okay place if you like having customer spend more money
Hosting Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here when it was about doing what was right for customers, but then there came a time when it seemed like customer service turned into sales focus. that's when I decided to leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
sales sales sales, customer service is not priority
Great Pay but, low retention rate, very cut-throat.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 23, 2017
They pay well and, as long as you don't mind trying to sell something to everyone, it was a good place to work. You start off on the midnight shift and, the only way out of it, is if you are one of the top sellers out of 200+ people. I didn't like pitching to every single person.
Pros
free coffee, drinks, bonuses
Cons
cut-throat, horrible hours, more about quantity than quality.
Incredible place to work!
Business Advisorf (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2017
For someone with mostly sales experience and no college degree, you will not find a company that will take care of you and your family better than GoDaddy does. I had to resign for medical reasons, however they pay more generously than they need to and their benefits are top notch. Management always has your back.
Pros
Great management and teams that care. Generous compensation with bonuses each month. Great Benefits.
Cons
Some communications from upper management to the beat agents could improve.
interesting experience
Marketing VP (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 16, 2017
was able to apply my skills to create ton of incremental value, created and developed departments that will benefit company years to come...not a lot of opportunity for growth
Pros
global footprint and experience
Cons
lack of career growth
Sad how it has changed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 13, 2017
Since going public GoDaddy Mgmt is only interested in NEW SALES...lot of misleading info given to customers. Many are being mislead and forced and lied to but things they dont understand want and need
Sales Consultant PBL
SALES AND TECH CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 11, 2017
A little more relaxed working for the Brazilian language department than for English. Department is being dissolved, though, so had to move on. Hardest part of the job is the repetitive nature of the work. the most enjoyable was restrict to our department - PBL - as I got to visit with other Brazilians and establish our own culture, make friends, etc
Pros
subsidized
Cons
Short breaks, Metrics are super strict, not enough sick days, the rhythm of work is too much as most of the time, you end up taking call after call with barely a breather in betwee which sucks!
Good Company
Inbound Support & Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2017
Godaddy was a great company to work for. great benefits and great atmosphere. Working in inbound was tough because it was always customers calling to yell at you about something and you had to try and sell to them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9