GoDaddy

GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Godaddy.com
Supervising Lead of Advance Hosting Support (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benifits and direct input to higher level on operations
Godaddy put their customers first and believed in their people. I was able to start at an entry level position and grow into a management position and had full support along the path.
Sales, sales, and more sales
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I have been a GoDaddy employee for about 5 months now, almost half of a year. I am in the Inbound Dept working as a Sales & Technical Support Agent.

I have a lot to say about GoDaddy so I am going to try to effectively communicate why it is not a good company to work for. They have their nice, state-of-the-art building in Tempe with a cafeteria, customized themes and colors, gym, comfortable "GoDaddy" related seating (couches, chairs, etc), but on the inside, it's all sales related.

In training, you are taught the basics of GoDaddy's products, and you are taught the basics about providing technical support to GoDaddy's customers. In the first two weeks, you are taught the basics, and then you are tested on that knowledge. If you don't score a certain percentage, they fire you. I was fortunate enough to pass the test. After the test, you spend another two weeks on the phones speaking with customers. In training, you are not taught sales tactics, which is all an Inbound rep does. They may say that the job is a lot of tech with a little bit of sales, but it is very much switched. They over-emphasize sales and teach you some basic tech. Think about it this way. When a customer calls in, more than half of the time, they are not looking to buy anything. Probably 90% of the time, they are not wanting to buy anything. All they want to do is get their issue fixed so they can go about their business day. You are expected to flip the call from a tech call to a sales call, and you are taught to get them to buy the max term, the most expensive product, and for as long as possible. – more...

You are not taught that in training. You are not taught how to overcome an objection. In fact, you are not taught how to overcome any objections at all. I have been working for GoDaddy for almost half of a year now. In the first few months, I have to admit that it was fun. As a rep, hitting $1,000 in sales is a fun goal to attain. In the team chat, everyone gets excited for you when you do. We call it "comma." When someone hits 1k or more, they post in the chat "comma!" and everyone celebrates. It quickly gets old. GoDaddy is a burner job. GoDaddy is a job that you should get as a "meantime" job while you are looking for something with more stability.

Recently, my supervisor sat our team down and he explained that he will be listening to calls and if we are not mentioning and closing sales on GoDaddy's "new" products, he will be pulling people and writing them up for failed expectations. As a rep, you are required to follow a structure. When someone calls in, you are required to provide technical support to them, and while you are doing that, you are required (it is an expectation, if not followed, you get in trouble) to ask them business related questions to see if you can sell them something. Once again, for as long as possible and for as much money as you can possibly get. You are already expected to do that. In addition to that, he said he will be writing people up if they don't sell promotional items, marketing, security, optimization, etc.

I am very happy that my wife and I have found me a new job. If I didn't want to make my resume look good by adding my almost 6 months of working experience at GoDaddy, I would not finish out my final few days at this company. If I was asked on a professional standpoint if I enjoyed my time and experience at GoDaddy, I would say, "Yes, GoDaddy has been a good experience, and I am fortunate to have it on my resume." On a personal standpoint, I would say no. That is why I am writing this. If you are considering working at GoDaddy, don't do it. You will only stress yourself out and your family out. You will quickly reach burn-out. I really hope that if someone is reading this, if you get a job there, look for something better immediately. – less
great place to work
Sales / Tech Representative (Current Employee), gilbert, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: great benefis
Cons: none
great company good benefits great office good lunch learned a lot about all their products people are also nice to work with
Great place to make new friends
Tech Support (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. A lot of the people there were trying to start there own businesses and I have learned a lot from them.
Great company, great perks
Small Business Consultant (Sales and Support) (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMarch 15, 2015
Great place to work unless you have a family... hours are horrible and flexibility as far as kids goes is tough. Attendance policy makes it hard to feel secure in your position.
Good company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 27, 2015
This is a great company all around. Best hours, duties, location, , training, support, CRM systems and people. I have nothing bad to say here, at all.
Used to be great
Account Manager / Business Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, good vacation time
Cons: extreme micro management, standard high sales call center, basically like prison
Used to be something special. Until the investors came in and told us nothing would change. EVERYTHING changed. No longer a top place to work. Was there 6 years and I couldnt take it after the changes. Just like any other slave labor call center.
Fun place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2015
Good place, just started messing with paychecks and bonuses. Typically great supervisors, great staff and the benefits were pretty good.
Customer service and sales
Professional Hosting Support (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great pay, great coworkers
Cons: too much pressure regarding sales
Help customers with GoDaddy products primarily Domains, Hosting, Email, Search Engine Visibility, and Website Builders.
Once done helping with any issues attempt to consult with customers about additional GoDaddy problems.
I will update shortly
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2015
I'd rather not be specific at the moment. Great benefits, but seems to be a revolving door. Very confusing bonus package that does not promote doing the right thing.
GoDaddy
Customer Development Representative (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Contacted new and existing client's to discuss business plan and web presence via dialer system and customer database. Provide a solution to clients based on their need and demonstration of knowledge in the web hosting industry. Consistently maintained top ranking within the team.
GoDaddy will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: dishonest management, lack of a clear direction from management
I would take a someone more skilled at writing to adequately explain what it is like to work for GoDaddy but I will do my best.

GoDaddy loves to tell people how much they care. And they love being know by how well they supposedly treat their employees. And they do treat their employees well...as long as you're in sales, programming or creative. If you working in their offices, GoDaddy will show you everyday that they care. But what about the other departments at Go Daddy? Well, they will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job. But that's after they lied to your face and told you your job was safe.

But even before I lost my job with GoDaddy, working for them wasn't fantastic. There is a frustrating lack of direction and cohesion within management. You'll often find yourself wondering if they actually forgot that you work there - until you make a mistake that is.
Fast paced environment with a relaxed atmosphere
Future Leader (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 18, 2014
This company was amazing for most of the time that I was there. They had a phenomenal compensation program as well as incredible leadership opportunities.

The metrics were not hard to meet and I had the luxury of working with some of the best sales trainers I have ever come across.

The compensation plans where changed and the promises for advancement seemed fabricated at the end of my career with GoDaddy. this inevitably lead to my departure from their employment.

The company itself is truly amazing and they very much so do a lot for their employees as well as their customers.
Marketing Team (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 17, 2014
Pros: the people, cafe in house, culture
Cons: getting rid of discounted gym memberships
The people there are wonderful. It is an exciting time to be there given how fast the industry is growing. They promote a work/life balance as well.
Just your average sales job
Customer Development Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 3, 2014
Benefits were great, but really easy to get burned out here. Leadership doesn't seem to understand that.
Used to be a great place to work
Sales (Former Employee), C3November 30, 2014
Pros: very good compensation - when you get it
Cons: micromanaged with the intent of finding ways to not pay you
GoDaddy used to be a phenomenal place to work. Was an awesome experience actually working for a sizable company that got to be as well known as it was *because* of the way it was operated. Used to fully believe in "The Golden Triangle" Do what's right for the customer, what's right for the employee, and what's right for the company. If it was the right thing you just did it.

Now you just do what's right for the investors hopeful future IPO share price.
hard to move around in company, benefits are good
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IANovember 10, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch, bonus checks, benefits
Cons: minimum coaching, selective, hr distant, just sales
I started right out of college and for an entry-level sales position its not bad. I applied for a first-shift position and it wasn't until after I accepted the job that they told me I would be getting 2nd sift and there were no other openings. I was assured that after training I could apply to get a first-shift position. I have applied for every shift opening (4 times) in the 3+ months that I've been out of training and I cannot move. There are new people out of training going to first shift. HR/workforce decisions don't seem to make sense and individuals that have been working there longer than me cannot seem to get a better shift. I am not a night person so 3pm-12am leaves me exhausted and its extremely hard to have a social life.

I also found that all of the positions that don't require you being in the call center are in AZ, which for lots of people, relocation is not an option. For me, sales is not a longer term career, so I don't see much of a future for me here.

The great part about this is the pay and the bonuses. The only downside is if you cannot meet minimums, meaning you are not a great sales person, you are two warnings away from getting fired.

The benefits are also very nice. If you can sell, can settle for strange shifts, and are looking for a secure job with decent pay, this is a great place. If not, keep looking.
Not the same Go Daddy you hear about
Internet Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee), ArizonaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: learn about the internet business
Cons: paranoid employees, strict call center and policy changes constantly which leave employees confused
Go Daddy is flashy...its the orange and the green and that song! Their cool right? The internet thing, small business etc. Well the truth is it is a freakin joke! As soon as they filed their IPO they began to let people go. 1 by 1 . Secretively not allowing them to say goodbye to co workers they had worked with for years. Just " Here is your paperwork, your benefits end at midnight". The family environment is an illusion. The only true winners were the ones who jumped on board with Go Daddy in the first 10 years. If they made it that long they will be fine. Everyone else may as well be signing up for AVON or to sell candles. It's someone elses dream and they want employees to think they can be a part of it- but they are not. They treat their Customer Service and Sales Techs like they are morons. EVERYONE in the Entry level departments (which is your only real way into the company despite most applicants are graduates unless you are an Engineer or Developer) are miserable. Make money, Make money, Make money on those calls. But if you don't say something verbatim you will be fired. It's a call center. Nothing more now. I truly believe they are trying to make people leave for some type of turnover statistic so they can eventually head oversea for customer service and tech employees. Anyways....its a joke.
Great Company
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: insurance, 401k plan, assisting customers
Cons: sales
Godaddy is a upbeat company that pushes hard to accomplish goals on a daily basis. The company teaches and trains very well in understanding how servers and websites work. Sales associates are reviewed every month to see where they are in terms of reaching their goals, and assisting customers. Godaddy strives to be the best in selling high quality products and high quality support. Co-Workers are like family members wanting to help one another succeed. The management is excellent where top managers walk on floor level to meet with all employees and keep them informed company accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things on a daily basis and being apart of a team that ends up helping people move their business forward in an online environment.
Honesty SHOULD be the best policy
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches, great pay and benefits
Cons: hard to request time off, too many metrics to follow, management team = liars
I feel that I was duped by the management team/executives at GoDaddy. I have a degree in Marketing and during my interviews I was told that I could most definitely move up to the marketing department within 6 months. They told me that I should get experience on the phones with the customers so that I can better market to them, which makes complete sense. So I took the job. But, after 6 months when I started applying for the marketing jobs, I got nowhere. My immediate supervisor told me that it was actually very difficult to move from the sales floor to a management position. I was livid, but stayed with GoDaddy a few more months because the benefits and pay are great.

I eventually left because of the fact I was lied to, but also because the sales/service consultant position has impossible standards to live up to. There are over a dozen metrics that one must hit in order to be eligible for bonus checks, and they are adding more constantly. The supervisors are all focused on the sales aspect, which, granted, is a big part of the job, but expect us to hit those sales goals when most customers are calling in with a technical issue and just want it resolved. I was "coached" several times for not selling enough - they said I devoted too much time to the technical issues at hand and was caught in a "tech tunnel."
They also advertised during training that there was no set script that we had to follow, but once on the floor, they introduced a call flow chart and we would get in trouble if we didn't hit all the marks on that chart.

I still really appreciate GoDaddy for the products they offer, but its a terrible place to work. Yes, the pay and benefits are good, but I hated being lied to by my employer on a regular basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About GoDaddy

Life online starts with a domain name. That’s where domain name registrars like GoDaddy come in. Over 12 million people – Read more

GoDaddy Salaries