GoDaddy

GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, advancement
Cons: Location
My only qualm with the company was the distance. I was traveling over 100 daily, full time. The company is great and made sure they took great care of their employees!
Productive and fun work environment
Writer for internal Godaddy newsletter (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free foode, good pay, growth
I love this company . It encourages development amongst their employees and helps you grow intellectually .

GoDaddy is a publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of 2014, GoDaddy was said to have had more than 59 million domain names under management, making it the world's largest ICANN-accredited registrar
bonus always changing not consistent
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, azJune 17, 2015
The job is okay, you get great benefits but the bonus (which is why most people work there) is always changing. Co- workers there are cool, my supervisor was not that helpful with any questions I had about the tech side. Like you basically have to find the people that know the tech side.
Not a great job experience.
INTERNET SALES & SERVICE (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 17, 2015
Pros: casual attire
Cons: bonuses are difficult to get, meal service is horrible, poor management
The company isn't close to what it purports itself to be. While the culture is inclusive of all types of people, you will only succeed at this company if you push multiple poorly working internet products for multi-year terms to people that are primarily calling in for customer support.

The health benefits were good, the discounted meals were not.

"Bonuses" are not easy to achieve, particularly if you work 2nd or 3rd shift.

I made it 19 months which for GoDaddy is a long term employee; the amount of people that work there under a year is astronomical.

In terms of management, the leadership is comprised of 20 somethings with little management experience or people skills. Those in management got there by being overly aggressive sales people.

My recommendation would be to steer clear.
Don't buy into the hype
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Tempe AZJune 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits start day one paid for
Cons: Revolving door, young inexperienced management will fire you on the spot
Go Daddy is a company that is all hype. Their products are terrible and have a lot of angry customers calling in for tech support or refunds. There is always at least 400 plus calls in queue. My cube neighbor was cussed out and abused by a customer that hung up on him and he didn't call the customer back (for more abuse) and got fired. The second level tech support for the sales/service people is terrible, they have bad attitude's like they are being put out for doing there jobs helping us so we can help the customers. Getting management on the phones is like pulling teeth. This is a sweat shop. they have very young and inexperienced management that make's bad decisions.
LOVE THEM!!!!!!
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2015
Pros: the people, the leadership, the CEO is a boss, the benefits, the opportunities. I could go on and on.
Cons: I really can't think of any.
BEST PLACE ON THE PLANET TO WORK!!!!! I have alot to say about this company. However I'm just going to say they are great. If you like technology and people then this is a great place to start and to stay.
Hostin support
Inbound Hosting Support (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: Reduces lunch cost
Cons: manager could change monthly
Go to work say hello to all of my friends ,learned aloton how to make website how to fix databases , Management was very helpful and respectful,the hardest part of the job would be going home ,because at godaddy they treated you lie family and its hard to leave your family right.The best part was when I was able to helpsomeone get something they thought would never work again fixed,or save there business.
Difficult
Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 26, 2015
GoDaddy is a great company with great rewards and pay. however they do not prepare you or train you enough. it's very hard when you were not trained about what to do and end up keeping the customer on the phone for way longer than necessary. it's highly stressful and their internal systems don't allow easy searches for resources and what to do.
Godaddy.com
Supervising Lead of Advance Hosting Support (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benifits and direct input to higher level on operations
Godaddy put their customers first and believed in their people. I was able to start at an entry level position and grow into a management position and had full support along the path.
Sales, sales, and more sales
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I have been a GoDaddy employee for about 5 months now, almost half of a year. I am in the Inbound Dept working as a Sales & Technical Support Agent.

I have a lot to say about GoDaddy so I am going to try to effectively communicate why it is not a good company to work for. They have their nice, state-of-the-art building in Tempe with a cafeteria, customized themes and colors, gym, comfortable "GoDaddy" related seating (couches, chairs, etc), but on the inside, it's all sales related.

In training, you are taught the basics of GoDaddy's products, and you are taught the basics about providing technical support to GoDaddy's customers. In the first two weeks, you are taught the basics, and then you are tested on that knowledge. If you don't score a certain percentage, they fire you. I was fortunate enough to pass the test. After the test, you spend another two weeks on the phones speaking with customers. In training, you are not taught sales tactics, which is all an Inbound rep does. They may say that the job is a lot of tech with a little bit of sales, but it is very much switched. They over-emphasize sales and teach you some basic tech. Think about it this way. When a customer calls in, more than half of the time, they are not looking to buy anything. Probably 90% of the time, they are not wanting to buy anything. All they want to do is get their issue fixed so they can go about their business day. You are expected to flip the call from a tech call to a sales call, and you are taught to get them to buy the max term, the most expensive product, and for as long as possible. – more...

You are not taught that in training. You are not taught how to overcome an objection. In fact, you are not taught how to overcome any objections at all. I have been working for GoDaddy for almost half of a year now. In the first few months, I have to admit that it was fun. As a rep, hitting $1,000 in sales is a fun goal to attain. In the team chat, everyone gets excited for you when you do. We call it "comma." When someone hits 1k or more, they post in the chat "comma!" and everyone celebrates. It quickly gets old. GoDaddy is a burner job. GoDaddy is a job that you should get as a "meantime" job while you are looking for something with more stability.

Recently, my supervisor sat our team down and he explained that he will be listening to calls and if we are not mentioning and closing sales on GoDaddy's "new" products, he will be pulling people and writing them up for failed expectations. As a rep, you are required to follow a structure. When someone calls in, you are required to provide technical support to them, and while you are doing that, you are required (it is an expectation, if not followed, you get in trouble) to ask them business related questions to see if you can sell them something. Once again, for as long as possible and for as much money as you can possibly get. You are already expected to do that. In addition to that, he said he will be writing people up if they don't sell promotional items, marketing, security, optimization, etc.

I am very happy that my wife and I have found me a new job. If I didn't want to make my resume look good by adding my almost 6 months of working experience at GoDaddy, I would not finish out my final few days at this company. If I was asked on a professional standpoint if I enjoyed my time and experience at GoDaddy, I would say, "Yes, GoDaddy has been a good experience, and I am fortunate to have it on my resume." On a personal standpoint, I would say no. That is why I am writing this. If you are considering working at GoDaddy, don't do it. You will only stress yourself out and your family out. You will quickly reach burn-out. I really hope that if someone is reading this, if you get a job there, look for something better immediately. – less
great place to work
Sales / Tech Representative (Current Employee), gilbert, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: great benefis
Cons: none
great company good benefits great office good lunch learned a lot about all their products people are also nice to work with
Great place to make new friends
Tech Support (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. A lot of the people there were trying to start there own businesses and I have learned a lot from them.
Great company, great perks
Small Business Consultant (Sales and Support) (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMarch 15, 2015
Great place to work unless you have a family... hours are horrible and flexibility as far as kids goes is tough. Attendance policy makes it hard to feel secure in your position.
Good company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 27, 2015
This is a great company all around. Best hours, duties, location, , training, support, CRM systems and people. I have nothing bad to say here, at all.
Used to be great
Account Manager / Business Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, good vacation time
Cons: extreme micro management, standard high sales call center, basically like prison
Used to be something special. Until the investors came in and told us nothing would change. EVERYTHING changed. No longer a top place to work. Was there 6 years and I couldnt take it after the changes. Just like any other slave labor call center.
Fun place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2015
Good place, just started messing with paychecks and bonuses. Typically great supervisors, great staff and the benefits were pretty good.
Customer service and sales
Professional Hosting Support (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great pay, great coworkers
Cons: too much pressure regarding sales
Help customers with GoDaddy products primarily Domains, Hosting, Email, Search Engine Visibility, and Website Builders.
Once done helping with any issues attempt to consult with customers about additional GoDaddy problems.
I will update shortly
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2015
I'd rather not be specific at the moment. Great benefits, but seems to be a revolving door. Very confusing bonus package that does not promote doing the right thing.
GoDaddy
Customer Development Representative (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Contacted new and existing client's to discuss business plan and web presence via dialer system and customer database. Provide a solution to clients based on their need and demonstration of knowledge in the web hosting industry. Consistently maintained top ranking within the team.
GoDaddy will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: dishonest management, lack of a clear direction from management
I would take a someone more skilled at writing to adequately explain what it is like to work for GoDaddy but I will do my best.

GoDaddy loves to tell people how much they care. And they love being know by how well they supposedly treat their employees. And they do treat their employees well...as long as you're in sales, programming or creative. If you working in their offices, GoDaddy will show you everyday that they care. But what about the other departments at Go Daddy? Well, they will show you how much they care by outsourcing your job. But that's after they lied to your face and told you your job was safe.

But even before I lost my job with GoDaddy, working for them wasn't fantastic. There is a frustrating lack of direction and cohesion within management. You'll often find yourself wondering if they actually forgot that you work there - until you make a mistake that is.

1 2 3 4 5

About GoDaddy

Life online starts with a domain name. That’s where domain name registrars like GoDaddy come in. Over 12 million people – Read more

GoDaddy Salaries