GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Productive but very numbers driven and trending towards away from employee appreciation
Design Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 19, 2016
This company was not the worst company I have ever worked for and my experience started out very positive. Once the company went public, a lot of changes were made that made it very hard to stay motivated as compensation for the work one did was dwindling. I loved my co-workers and my direct supervisor but upper management was out of touch with what the everyday tasks and roadblocks in our position actually are,
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Externally hired management who never fully understood our position and everyday tasks
Innovative company with focus on Employee Satisfaction
Billing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2016
Godaddy was a great place to learn new technology as well to further my sales career. Working with small business owners, I had the opportunity to become part of their success. Godaddy empowered me to consult with these small businesses to further their online presence. The compensation nd benefits plan was incredible and it didn't hurt to have a putting green in the office! Daily I would talk with customer about their goals and ultimately provide a solution to help them meet those goals. I learned to step out of my own shoes and into the shoes of the person behind the business. Management was extremely supportive and coached me to be my best. My co workers were fun and allowed me to piggy back off of their success day letting me shadow their calls, and providing good tribal knowledge to help me succeed. The hardest part of my job was the repetition of answering calls but the success of my customers made it worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my job were the conversations about my customers' business, as well as the contests and awards for performance.
Company is ok
Customer Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 13, 2016
The job is not what I thought I was interviewing for. The worst part is a series of tests you have to go through even once you have the job. The list continues to grow, so each time you think you are safe, it turns out you are not. I had to test to get the job, and did not know that testing would continue weekly during training. If you don't score high enough? You are out of a job!
Pros
subsidized lunches and good benefits
Cons
zero job security, deceptive job description, telemarketing
Sales is everything.
Professional Hosting Support Agent II (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 4, 2016
This company wants skilled sales people in all roles. The corporate philosophy is that even advanced technical support and administrative roles benefit from development of salesmanship skills. I often was told that I was passed over for promotion in my 5 years there because my sales numbers were not higher than colleagues applying for the same positions. This seemed to improve to recognize other factors such as job knowledge and experience over the years after I started but it is still a major part of management culture as almost all of lower and middle management were promoted for their sales acumen.
Pros
Good pay and training provided for entry level tech support call center.
Cons
High turnover and overly sales focused.
Good opportunities to learn
Customer Care and Support (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 27, 2016
-Call-center hours can be extremely stressful
-Co-workers and benefits were the best part of the job experience
-Management (with exceptions) tone-deaf
-Lots of experience problem-solving
-Policy on handling difficult/abusive clients lacks support for representatives
Pros
Good pay and benefits, good lunches
Cons
Short breaks, lacking in technical training, not enough support beyond sales
Advance Hosting Support
Advanced Hosting Support (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 10, 2016
GoDaddy has great benefits and the people you work with are great! However, your work life balance is the worst. I have kids and never see them. When I was hired I was told I would be on a schedule that did not work out with my life as a mother, and after my 90 days were up I could speak to my supervisor and they could accommodate my needs if it interfered with my home life. Well I have been on that horrible schedule and I just hit my 1 year there.

Aside from that the people are great, you really need to show that you are willing to be a better agent for you to get recognition there.

There are always changes going on, if you do not like changes at the last minute then this might not be the place for you.

I have learned a lot while working there in a year. I went into the position knowing the very minimal of the web hosting industry, to logging into servers and making sure they are set up properly. I have learned more in my time here at GoDaddy than I have in my 4 years of school.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, and Food
Cons
Scheduling, Short breaks, and Sell Sell Sell
Its ok but the company is changing
Proactive Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 26, 2016
Godaddy used to be a great company until it went public. Be adaptable as no position is truly set in stone. Coworkers and culture were awesome.
Pros
Benifits, culture, relaxed environment.
Cons
Contradictory in-house policies, management decisions that harm ability to help customer, No truly technical support or Sales department.
Great Benefits, but other than that not such a great workplace.
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 6, 2016
The benefits were great however the employees were not managed properly. The management was extremely inappropriate. Harassment was a huge issue for GoDaddy.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Harassment, and management
Horrible Place to work.
Hosting Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2016
my day to day consisted of being harassed by my supervisor who refused to do his job, being screamed at by customers and having to apologize because upper management decided to change policies or policy's to save a dime. having no upward mobility and if you did get a higher position you have no guarantee of keeping it because at the end of my experience there everyone was getting pay cuts. oh yeah there was also the lie they tell you at the door that sales are not required because every position is a sales position, there are no technical position.
Pros
free health care?
Cons
everything else.
fun environment to work at
Bilingual Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 22, 2016
Initially I was very excited to have the opportunity to work at GoDaddy, the ability to see how the company operates and the culture shared by the employees. It was rewarding to be able to learn more about marketing, management and customer expections. however the job itself was very stressful and management was not transparent at times with expectations and compesation. I appreciate the experience as a whole.
Pros
lunch options, games
Cons
short breaks, sick time
Amazing Company to work for!
Sales/Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 17, 2016
Amazing company, the sky is the limit! Great benefits, pay and people! They really take care of you in the health and wellness area. Management will do anything to make sure you succeed. Everyone always has your back!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Ping pong tournaments, CoWorkers
Cons
Short Breaks/Lunches
Fun Culture best benefit
Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2016
The day is productive, but management hovers if you are on a call for too long, and they are very pushy about sales. This helps in the compensation department, as long as they keep the commissions reasonable. They changed structure several times and management while I worked there, which hinders job advancement.
Pros
Free Lunches, drawings, company parties
Cons
Management, commissions, and job security
GoDaddy
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2016
Day is getting people to buy Go Daddy Products. What I learned is how to effective manager a large department.I loved most of my co-Workers we worked together well and supported each other daily. There were a few that would step on your face to move up and lots of inter office affairs that became a real advantage for many employees. Hardest part of the job dealing with all the HR issue that were reported daily. I enjoyed the most,working with my peers and helping people meet their goals.
Pros
Bonus can be very good and benefits are outstanding.
Cons
Fooled to believe bonus is always going to be there for you.
Great place to work, but not much room for advancement
Hosting Customer Support rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 30, 2016
Great place to work if you like being stagnant. New change in company goals have taken away "do right by the customer and do right by the employees" instead it is now "do right by the stockholder" used to be a great company that used to be the trendsetter when it came to policies, then after going public, then became the "this is what the other companies do" taking away from it's originality
Pros
Discounted lunches, day 1 benefits
Cons
Not really customer service, mostly sales based, since ALL positions have sales minimums
High Stress and poor managment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Working tech support/sales at GoDaddy was a very high stress low reward job. Managment found any and every reason to ride the employees and create a situation where everyone was afraid today might be the day they get fired because they were constantly bringing in classes of new hires every 2 weeks without fail.
Amazing Culture
Project Manager/Premier Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 10, 2016
Godaddy is a great place to work at as you can be your honest true self and are given many opportunities to grow. Typical day at work is helping customers grow their businesses, by enhancing GoDaddy's products.
Pros
Subsidized meals provided onsite, great health benefits.
Customer Service Representative Technical (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2016
• Identify, engage, consult
• Answer customer telephone call regarding existing and new customer accounts
• Consult with different business owners and personalities to evaluate needs and determine the best options for their business
• Provide thorough support for customers by providing them with accurate and appropriate technical support
• Manage base support to customers clients
• Hit a specific sales goal monthly
Pros
Free lunch great benefits great work environment
Cons
nothing
Great Benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 23, 2016
The medical, dental, vision and PTO benefits are rather great. The medical and dental plans that I have require no money but for co-pays. Thew vision is only a few dollars per month for the discount program. You are fully vested with the company after two years of employment.
Unhealthy environment to work in (fake training specialist)
Customer sales and support (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2016
Do not apply for any jobs at this place!!!! Save yourself a headache. When you first get a call it will seem like it is the best place to work for but it really isn't. Don't be fooled by the recruiter when he tells you that it is such an awesome place to work for because not even they believe it. My class consisted of 20 employees all of which have resigned including myself.
Pros
easy to get into
Cons
Very poor management I want to emphasize on "poor" because it was that bad.
Sales and Technical Support
Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 28, 2016
Sales driven environment with little compensation for employees not reaching top sales quotas. Young leadership that lacks maturity and education. Great benefits and perks such as low cost lunch on site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8