GoDaddy Employee Reviews in United States

Ok while it lasted
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 13, 2016
The pay is pretty good but the job itself is soul-crushing. Never ending micro-management, had 19 different supervisors in the 5 1/2 years I worked there. No good.
amazing
Sales/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 2, 2016
Everything was amazing there wasnt anything I could say that was bad about this place other than maybe take a look at how they see fit for unforeseen time off that is required by new hires so there isn't penalty as far as termination.
Great place to work, but not much room for advancement
Hosting Customer Support rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 30, 2016
Great place to work if you like being stagnant. New change in company goals have taken away "do right by the customer and do right by the employees" instead it is now "do right by the stockholder" used to be a great company that used to be the trendsetter when it came to policies, then after going public, then became the "this is what the other companies do" taking away from it's originality
Pros
Discounted lunches, day 1 benefits
Cons
Not really customer service, mostly sales based, since ALL positions have sales minimums
Decent but changed
Inbound Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time here, but was much more interested in doing tech support than sales. I'm mildly miffed that there was somewhat of a lack of consistency among rules and rulings, however.
Innovative company with focus on Employee Satisfaction
Billing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2016
Godaddy was a great place to learn new technology as well to further my sales career. Working with small business owners, I had the opportunity to become part of their success. Godaddy empowered me to consult with these small businesses to further their online presence. The compensation nd benefits plan was incredible and it didn't hurt to have a putting green in the office! Daily I would talk with customer about their goals and ultimately provide a solution to help them meet those goals. I learned to step out of my own shoes and into the shoes of the person behind the business. Management was extremely supportive and coached me to be my best. My co workers were fun and allowed me to piggy back off of their success day letting me shadow their calls, and providing good tribal knowledge to help me succeed. The hardest part of my job was the repetition of answering calls but the success of my customers made it worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my job were the conversations about my customers' business, as well as the contests and awards for performance.
Amazing Company to work for!
Sales/Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 17, 2016
Amazing company, the sky is the limit! Great benefits, pay and people! They really take care of you in the health and wellness area. Management will do anything to make sure you succeed. Everyone always has your back!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Ping pong tournaments, CoWorkers
Cons
Short Breaks/Lunches
Customer Service Representative Technical (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2016
• Identify, engage, consult
• Answer customer telephone call regarding existing and new customer accounts
• Consult with different business owners and personalities to evaluate needs and determine the best options for their business
• Provide thorough support for customers by providing them with accurate and appropriate technical support
• Manage base support to customers clients
• Hit a specific sales goal monthly
Pros
Free lunch great benefits great work environment
Cons
nothing
Unhealthy environment to work in (fake training specialist)
Customer sales and support (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2016
Do not apply for any jobs at this place!!!! Save yourself a headache. When you first get a call it will seem like it is the best place to work for but it really isn't. Don't be fooled by the recruiter when he tells you that it is such an awesome place to work for because not even they believe it. My class consisted of 20 employees all of which have resigned including myself.
Pros
easy to get into
Cons
Very poor management I want to emphasize on "poor" because it was that bad.
GoDaddy
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2016
Day is getting people to buy Go Daddy Products. What I learned is how to effective manager a large department.I loved most of my co-Workers we worked together well and supported each other daily. There were a few that would step on your face to move up and lots of inter office affairs that became a real advantage for many employees. Hardest part of the job dealing with all the HR issue that were reported daily. I enjoyed the most,working with my peers and helping people meet their goals.
Pros
Bonus can be very good and benefits are outstanding.
Cons
Fooled to believe bonus is always going to be there for you.
no comment
Senior Email Infrastructure Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 26, 2016
There was a great ebb and flow there. First, it was a small, dynamic company and then it became a large company that I no longer recognized.
Fun
WEB CONSULTANT/TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMay 24, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you are a salesman. The whole atmosphere is great and nothing you would expect at work. there is always fun and incentives to keep the employees motivated.
GoDaddy
Marketing & Support (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work?
Answering calls all day setting up customer's emails because godaddy's email that they created is horrible.

What I learned?
I have learned a lot about the internet, security, hosting, domains, and many more. Its a lot to learn actually to be successful.

Management?
Not horrible, everyone is pretty cool. Very strict policies however, unrealistic.

Co-Workers?
Best part of the job.

The hardest part?
Maintaining a good customer service score along with getting sales. You have to convert people who are having technical problems to buying more products.

Most enjoyable part?
Easily the MONEY. If you are good at sales like myself you shall be raking in the monies. Easily make 60k starting out in your first year. haven't known anyone personally that makes more than 99,999... but most people don't talk finances openly.

Very strict policies. They make it seem like everyone is friends and nobody can get in trouble... wait til you're on a final written warning for missing one day of work in the first quarter.

This job is for the guy who wants to just be a robot on the phone and has tech knowledge with a little sales experience. Oh and that can never miss work, even with time off. Great company, lot to learn.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Greta place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 29, 2016
Godaddy is a great place to work. Environment is great co-worker and leadership is great. Being able to help customers is a good feeling to have too.
Excellent Evironment
Sales and Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2016
GoDaddy is a great working environment that allows you the flexibility to find the right schedule to fit your home needs. Being a fun, energetic, and fast paced work environment makes it a great place for anywhere to join there award winning team.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule, Co-Workers, Atmosphere
Cons
Shift Schedules, Sales Tiers
Its ok but the company is changing
Proactive Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 26, 2016
Godaddy used to be a great company until it went public. Be adaptable as no position is truly set in stone. Coworkers and culture were awesome.
Pros
Benifits, culture, relaxed environment.
Cons
Contradictory in-house policies, management decisions that harm ability to help customer, No truly technical support or Sales department.
Sometimes you hit a dead end in your career
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 26, 2016
When I started at GoDaddy the environment was very much "hiring within", however since going public it has turned to be more selective and more biased towards external candidates, leaving current employees feeling less than appreciated. We are full of talent and passion, we just need to be in good soil to grow.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, team builders, holiday party, free health insurance
Cons
Lack of employee development inside business hours, management is disconnected from real issues on the front lines, choices are made with stockholders in mind and less in favor of the customer
fun environment to work at
Bilingual Internet Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 22, 2016
Initially I was very excited to have the opportunity to work at GoDaddy, the ability to see how the company operates and the culture shared by the employees. It was rewarding to be able to learn more about marketing, management and customer expections. however the job itself was very stressful and management was not transparent at times with expectations and compesation. I appreciate the experience as a whole.
Pros
lunch options, games
Cons
short breaks, sick time
decent pay and benefits
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2016
Decent pay and benefits, call center environment, hard to move shifts and sales sales sales are the most important goals.
Loved it!
Inbound Sales and Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 6, 2016
Amazing job! Great people and high energy atmosphere. Reward hard work and they do enough to distract you from the everyday drag of work.
Sales is everything.
Professional Hosting Support Agent II (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 4, 2016
This company wants skilled sales people in all roles. The corporate philosophy is that even advanced technical support and administrative roles benefit from development of salesmanship skills. I often was told that I was passed over for promotion in my 5 years there because my sales numbers were not higher than colleagues applying for the same positions. This seemed to improve to recognize other factors such as job knowledge and experience over the years after I started but it is still a major part of management culture as almost all of lower and middle management were promoted for their sales acumen.
Pros
Good pay and training provided for entry level tech support call center.
Cons
High turnover and overly sales focused.

2.8