GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere with great learning and growth opportunities
Technical Consultant-Business (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2017
Great atmosphere with great learning and growth opportunities.

Leadership strives to be the best, fair, and keep an open door policy.

Training for new positions is always open.
Enjoyed learning about websites and how they function.
Technical Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 13, 2017
All day on the phone, taking inbound customer service calls while trying to promote sales in the process. Had very little time throughout the day for lunch or breaks. Everything was monitored. I do not work well in a micro-management scenario.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Short or no breaks, micro-managers.
Fun, Exciting, Room for Growth
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2017
Fun and upbeat company to work for. There is room for growth if you are willing to put in the work. The company offers tons of benefits and even helps with paying for your lunches. The only downfall to the company is that at the end of the day it is still a call center. If you're willing to push yourself than the sky is the limit.
Pros
meal compensation, benefits, competitive pay, food trucks
Cons
Call center
Great place towork
SECURITY ANALYST/SECURITY GUARD SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot by working at this company. Godaddy had great great benefits and and I met a lot of nice people while working there.
Fun atmosphere, and supportive team environments.
Hosting Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 9, 2017
If you enjoy sales you will do fine. Any job at Godaddy that talks to the general public is a sales job.

It is a difficult job, and the supervisors try to teach you everything you need to know.

It is not important that you are technical, to do well at this job you have to try to help the customer, and look for things to sell them that make their presence better.

I found sales too stressful, hindsight I should have just attempted to sell our full service packages and put the customers worry aside.
Pros
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Cons
You have to make a good attempt to sell to everyone.
stressful and no job security
FRONT OF SITE CHAT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJuly 5, 2017
After the company went public, there was a lot of issues with job security, constant changes that the company were not prepared for so at the end the people taking care of the customers suffered. It's a good place to get your foot in the door with internet topics but you get burned out very quickly.
Pros
cheap lunches, free beer (2), free health care
Bad comp to work for
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 5, 2017
I got to leave on my terms. most do not. They hire a lot, cuz they fire a lot. They make big promises and never keep them. was a good place to work until the IPO. all down hill after that.
Excellent Place to Start a Career
Customer Consultation and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 27, 2017
Working at GoDaddy was great, for the most part. There were many shifts to choose from to meet your preferences, benefits are excellent, plenty of space to move up in the company depending on which direction you take your career. There are many things they do to take care of their employees, and suggestions/improvements from employees are heard and implemented in many cases.
Pros
Great money if you are a skilled salesperson, cheap lunches from local food trucks, incredible annual Christmas party, amazing people to meet and work with.
Cons
Required to hit a minimum sales quota to keep working there in a sales position (not that difficult), there are new products released often and not enough training on them to be an expert.
My GoDaddy Experience
Customer Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 26, 2017
The Job was absolutely amazing! BUT... it's a sales job so there is no for sure job security. If your sales get to low for too long, there is a great chance that you can lose your job. The benefits are amazing, by far the BEST benefits I ever had in my life. Another issue that I had with GD was the HR department. There is no actual HR department you can call or go to, you have to email them and wait 2-3 business days to get an response, that's really poor.
Pros
Benefits and work environment
Cons
HR department and no job security
An amazing company to be a part of.
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 21, 2017
Good company great pay benefits and if you work and work hard it will pay off.great mamagement . they will help you to be your best because they want the best

Want to know more about GoDaddy?

Ask a question
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Customer Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJune 18, 2017
GoDaddy is a top tier organization. After moving on to a new position elsewhere I realize how great of a place GoDaddy is to work. It truly was the best job i've ever had.
Pros
No dress code, professional and upward growing management team
Cons
No cons
Hard work, Good pay.
Hosting Sales and Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2017
Working at GoDaddy requires you to pass some classes in order to get on the sales floor.

The work was hard and it look around a month and a half. But after that you get on the floor and it's not too bad. Didn't stay long.
Pros
Commission, Nice building.
Cons
Bad work hours, high work load.
I loved working here
Professional Hosting Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJune 12, 2017
This was a great job, if i had not been moving out of the state i would have never left. it was a great job and company to work for and the people there were great to work with
Great IT Job
SALES AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 7, 2017
Great training. Prepared for most technical issues customer faced. Learned a lot about websites and hosting. Every manager and team lead was helpful and supportive.
Pros
The culture
Cons
metrics were very high
Make sure to hit your numbers. Be prepared to handle peoples stress
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 1, 2017
GD was a fun place to work but after months of getting yelled at by customers it can get stressful. If you want to be a long term employee at GD get out of C3 as soon as possible and move to another department.
Pros
Games, Free benefits for FT employees
Cons
Bonus structure changed to benefit shareholders not the employee. Harder to hit your numbers, short breaks.
Fun job for those who are motivated
Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2017
I started with Godaddy in 2009 and was able to advance fairly quickly. The job is demanding, but if you have good tech skills and sales ability, then it is a good fit. They are a merit based culture and advance those who excel, although the corporate-level positions had a very competitive application process.
Pros
Subsidized Lunches, Giveaways, Recognition
Cons
Hyper-competetive environment
Fun atmosphere, great coworkers
Small Business Internet Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMay 30, 2017
I worked in the customer care center for nine months and it was fantastic. There are all sorts of things that GoDaddy does to raise morale and the company Christmas party is always something to look forward to. It requires a lot of learning and a good amount of confidentiality but if you are up to the challenge then the compensation can be astounding.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2017
Hands down one of the best places I've worked. A lot of opportunity for growth and development. The culture is unmatched, and the company really embodies employee appreciation.
Nice Perks
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMay 22, 2017
Place had Nice Perks Mangers go every which way each one has there own policies it seems. 3rd Party Handles some of hr/attendance tasks Overall the job was fun but the mangers are there are not helpful each one has a different answer to the same question. Everyone is not suppose to use there phones /txt on call floor managers and lead's have favorites that they let do things that there not supposed to. They change stuff often . To a point there not family oriented.
Pros
Fun, Perks
Cons
Bad Management, Matrix
Get Ready tosell things you were never trained about
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 10, 2017
Was told I was being hired for a customer care positiion, then in training told about sales goals on top of that job. While you were fixing the problem they called in for, you were supposed to upsell them. Now If I have to call you about a certain product/service not working, why would I want to get more products or services from you.Training was a joke. Customers would call in about products I had never heard of before. I would ask my supervisor for help and he would direct me to a team of special experts. I would talk to them and they would always ask why I was bothering them and to ask my supervisor. So the customer gets tired of waiting and hangs up and you got in trouble for not using your resurces to solve their problem. Oh and the next call in the queue pops in since you are not at your desk trying to get help and you get in trouble for not answering the call right away.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Sales goals for a job that is not supposed be sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9