GoDaddy Employee Reviews

GoDaddy
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 27, 2017
It is a good place to work. Lot of churn of leadership and constant process changes. Good management but there is a struggle of getting promoted.
Great Opportunities for Advancement
TC-Fraud Detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2017
GoDaddy is a great place to work for with many advancement opportunities. The work environment is open and feels like a community. There are plenty of internal organizations to join as well as company events to participate in.
Pros
discount lunches, pool table, volleyball court, basketball court, table tennis
Cons
timed lunches, reducing incentives for sales positions
Casual Environment
Product Specialist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Great culture. High volume of productivity. Good training. Bonuses maximize earning potential. Dress code very casual - allow shorts. Cool game rooms and stellar Christmas parties.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
30 minute lunches
Dynamic workplace with comfortable environment that supports a viable blend of work and relaxation
Domain Acquisition Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2017
The days at Godaddy are full and challenging. There is a viable opportunity to interact with your teammates, and provide excellent customer service to one's designated customer base. The company provides an opportunity for development. The benefit package is excellent, and there is a varying opportunity to mix a high level of work with a measure of fun through various activities.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 31, 2016
Nice friendly environment, everyone is willing to help and guide new employees. Self learning in most cases but the company is willing to provide training for competent individuals
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Middle management sometimes is under a lot of pressure
Just the best place to work!
CUSTOMER PRODUCT/TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 13, 2016
Great culture, great benefits, great appreciation for employees. This employer exemplifies employee value. Nuff said!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Management could be better.
Great Place to work
Hosting Sales and Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 4, 2016
Busy days but you actually feel like you're doing something to help people. Terrific bonus payouts in addition to regular pay. Overall this is one of the best places I've ever worked.
Good opportunities to learn
Customer Care and Support (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 27, 2016
-Call-center hours can be extremely stressful
-Co-workers and benefits were the best part of the job experience
-Management (with exceptions) tone-deaf
-Lots of experience problem-solving
-Policy on handling difficult/abusive clients lacks support for representatives
Pros
Good pay and benefits, good lunches
Cons
Short breaks, lacking in technical training, not enough support beyond sales
Productive but very numbers driven and trending towards away from employee appreciation
Design Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 19, 2016
This company was not the worst company I have ever worked for and my experience started out very positive. Once the company went public, a lot of changes were made that made it very hard to stay motivated as compensation for the work one did was dwindling. I loved my co-workers and my direct supervisor but upper management was out of touch with what the everyday tasks and roadblocks in our position actually are,
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Externally hired management who never fully understood our position and everyday tasks
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IANovember 15, 2016
Fun place to work. There is communication issues between management and Leads/Reps. But what job doesn't have it. The people that are employed there are amazing.
Company is ok
Customer Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 13, 2016
The job is not what I thought I was interviewing for. The worst part is a series of tests you have to go through even once you have the job. The list continues to grow, so each time you think you are safe, it turns out you are not. I had to test to get the job, and did not know that testing would continue weekly during training. If you don't score high enough? You are out of a job!
Pros
subsidized lunches and good benefits
Cons
zero job security, deceptive job description, telemarketing
Amazing Culture
Project Manager/Premier Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 10, 2016
Godaddy is a great place to work at as you can be your honest true self and are given many opportunities to grow. Typical day at work is helping customers grow their businesses, by enhancing GoDaddy's products.
Pros
Subsidized meals provided onsite, great health benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer, Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time during my summer internship. I learned a lot from my co-workers. Everybody was always willing to help. They treat their interns well. Lots of intern parties.
Pros
Work Environment
Great Benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 23, 2016
The medical, dental, vision and PTO benefits are rather great. The medical and dental plans that I have require no money but for co-pays. Thew vision is only a few dollars per month for the discount program. You are fully vested with the company after two years of employment.
Great Lifestyle, Great Work Environment, Nice Benefits
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 20, 2016
Unfortunately since they have become public things have changed quite drastically but still a good company that respects its employees
Good company to work for
C#/ .NET/PHP/Perl/Java Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. I enjoyed working on the Help Center the the Load Balancer Configuration tool. It helped all the developers with their jobs for submitting requests for their servers.
Culture oversold
Inbound Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAOctober 12, 2016
GoDaddy is not as fun to work for as they claim. It is a highly sales driven environment, and they are increasing goals constantly. Setting themselves up to be the next Wells Fargo with employee fraud just to keep their job.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Mentally taxing, must constantly multi-task and dont get enough breaks.
Blake's vision killed what was the greatest company in the world.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 29, 2016
Having worked there for 3 years, I experienced life at godaddy under the rule of Bob Parsons on his last year at the company and things were great. You were allowed to be yourself, not having to be scripted when you spoke to customers, and the overall moral was at a all time high. Ever since Blake Irving took over, moral took a nose dive. He made the company go public so he had to answer to shareholder on making more money. My job went from a technical support with light sales job into a full on pressure sales job. Things went from bad to worse when they changed up the bonus policy. Now they held employees accountable for other employee sales if they didn't show. Made empoyees accountable for sales for days that they requested off for vacation. In the span of 1 month. I've seen the employee numbers drop from a lil over 1300 employees down to under 600 employees due to Blake's vision. Working at godaddy is great if you work great under the pressure sales environment. For the standard call center type, it's not worth the impending heart attack.
Pros
Decient pay, paid healthcare for individual.
Cons
Terrible leadership, pressure sales.
Sales and Technical Support
Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 28, 2016
Sales driven environment with little compensation for employees not reaching top sales quotas. Young leadership that lacks maturity and education. Great benefits and perks such as low cost lunch on site.
Productive, positive environment
Sales Consulting (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IASeptember 22, 2016
Productive, positive environment.
My Co-workers were very welcoming, a typical day at the job would be setting goals and reaching them. The most enjoyable part was the relationship everyone held with one another. I looked forward into going into work, everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9