Goddard Riverside Community Center

Goddard Riverside Community Center United States Employee Reviews

productive as well as fun and enjoyable environment
Senior Staff Counselor (part-time) (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: limited space
During the Afternoon counselors are to pick up children from school to bring them to the afterschool program. They are giving there afternoon snack and are giving instructions to transition to to homework session for a hour.
Hardest part of the Job is creating activities and getting students to be engaged in activities
Enjoyable part is being able to help the kids through homework as well as watching them enjoy there time within the organization.
Relaxed Environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be to log in resident's guests, keeping track of their comings and goings. Do a check of each floor checking for anything out of the ordinary. The management was handled well, considering that there were two locations. I didn't interact with co-workers as much but when I did it was a pleasant experience. The hardest part about the job was that it was non-stimulating for me mentally. There was not much to do but sit there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents and people that worked there.
Productive and fun place for both staff and children
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at Goddard Riverside Community Center was me picking up children from school and escorting them to the community center. There at the community center they would eat snack and go to their rooms that they were assigned to and start doing their homework. As a youth counselor, if the children needed assistance on their homework I would help them, and when they were done i would check or either go over their homework with them. On some days the children would go to their artist which include either dance, photography, science, storytelling, sports, etc. On other days, I would assist the Group Leader on activities that we had for the children. The summer was the same way just adding the field trips to the schedule. As being a youth counselor I learned many things responsibility, and learned how to deal with people including parents.
Nice group of people and great services
Controller (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: not structured
The organization provides great services to its community. The day-to-day operations are rendered more difficult because of its lack of structure and weak internal controls.
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2013
Pros: out on the field
Cons: too many trainings
On a regular day I accessed homeless individuals and obtained documents, birth certificate, benefits and any ID's. I also escort clients to any appointments necessary as needed. I schedule them to see psychiatrist on sight to evaluate there diagnoses. Then if all goes well eventually the clients will be permanently housed.
Goddard Riverside
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2012
I loved working for Goddard Riverside. I was a office assistant for a community center during the 2007 summer. I helped out kids who camped in the center and worked in the office. It was only a seasonal job, I loved the management and we all got along well, great place and comfortable place to work at. It was alot of fun.
Fast paced learning environment
Outreach Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, nyOctober 27, 2012
I was lucky enough to have two great supervisors in this position. The environment was fast paced and there was always something to get done. I was able to learn a great deal in my position about the homeless and those that lived with mental illness. My co-workers were patient and and informative.

November 12, 2012

Hey!!! I just read your review and I wanted to know if they employ recent college graduates. I went for a field visit with couples of classmates and I loved it! I feel like I have a lot of things to offer (ability to speak flunetly four languages for example) and yet I don't know if I could find employment with them. Any advice!

It,s an productive environment and theres room for growth.
Maintenance Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2012
Pros: i stay busy all day
Cons: i dont get enough over time
A typical day at work consist of me sweeping around the perimeter of the building picking up trash, maintaining the up keep of the compactor room by separating the bottles, cans, paper, and regular trash, tying up boxes, mopping, sweeping, and cleaning the carpets, cleaning bathrooms changing refuse throughout building, taking out garbage in the offices, cleaning the windows inside and outside the building, and setting up the tables and chairs in the dining room area.