Goddard School

Goddard School Employer Reviews

Organized Child Care
Assistant Teacher: Infants (Former Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 9, 2015
My day consisted of taking care of the enrolled children. By working in the child care industry I learned patience and kindness is key. Co-workers enjoyed working with me because I always completed my share of the job and more. The most rewarding part of this job is watching the parents trust you and your acquired skills to take care of their children. Also, walking in and seeing the babies faces light up upon your arrival is really such a rewarded experience.
Horrible Management
Co-Teacher (Former Employee), Cary, North CarolinaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: nothing coming to the top of my head.
Cons: lack of communication. lack of pay for teachers with degrees. lack of appreciation.
Typical Day at work: over ratio in one classroom.

Learned not to work there.

Management: No communication between each other.

Co-Workers: Over worked, under appreciated and wonderful to work with.

Hardest part: Children not getting the attention they deserved.

Enjoyable part: The kids.
Okay Job Experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 14, 2015
This job was a lot of prep, work, and after work hours including weekends. The pay was low and the expectations were very high. I made the best of the environment I was given and give teachers a lot of credit these days!
Fun work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), East Norriton, PAJanuary 8, 2015
I loved my students and my co workers. Every day was very different from the next. Being able to watch the children grow was amazing. I like to believe there was no such thing as a hard part to my work.
fun place with great teachers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), jacksonville, flDecember 18, 2014
I was the lead teacher and had a co-teacher work with me. We taught ages 2.5-3.5 and i would make lesson plans and activities for them.
Goddard School Review
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Smyrna, GANovember 3, 2014
Do not work here. Work environment was very stressful. Admin team was not supportive. Coworkers worked well together. No benefits medical 401K nothing.
Enjoyable place to work with children.
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 22, 2014
If you enjoy working with children, Goddard School is very structured regarding the planning process of the curriculum. The I-pads that were implemented are GREAT!
tons of fun
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTSeptember 10, 2014
loved being able to work with birth to kindergarten. had lost of fun
fun workplace. enjoyed aiding the children
Head Teacher (Former Employee), Sayreville, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the job was close to home.
Cons: some of the other teachers were hard to deal with.
I enjoyed working with the children in summer camps and watching them grow into young adults.
productive and fun work place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Noblesville, INAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed working there the employer was fair at all times. May day started with making sure my children te breakfeast. And then I late morning started my day with the greatest kids in the world.
Working with children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no cons
love working with kids, hardworking, and being passionate about what you are doing with the children .
It was a fun place to work at this company.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Typical day at work was from morning till evening and somedays from early afternoon till evening. It was a pleasure to work with the young ones and take care of them. It was exciting to be in their company-to impart knowledge to them , teach but at the same time it also helped to learn valuable lessons from these young ones.
Great school.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee), elkton mdJuly 8, 2014
Safe an clean school. Great place to work and the families are very nice. Great play based learning.
Fun and Organized Work Place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Middletown, NJJune 10, 2014
I must say working for Goddard has been a great experience. It has helped me realize how much I love teaching and being around children. Goddard is a great, fun place to work. The management and co-workers were wonderful. The children were the best part of the job. I love watching kids grow and learn something new every day.
Productive and Creative atmosphere for teachers and students
Co-Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Highland Hts, OHJune 7, 2014
Pros: teacher apperication week
Love working with the babies everyday. I enjoyed my creative lesson planning and activities for the younger babies. I enjoyed watching the development of birth to age one such a fun time in their little life. I enjoyed co managing with all teachers on planning activities and events. The hardest part of my job was leaving them at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is the cooing and babbling and all the affection from each individual baby.
Horrible Place to Work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 16, 2014
Cons: management, children, schedules, gossip
You're hired for one schedule, and its changed almost weekly. The children are horribly behaved and management provides no resolution to violent/aggressive behavior. Management is rarely on-site, and when they are, they are in their office & refuse to be bothered. Ridiculous amount of teacher-on-teacher gossip, even among the older women. Certain teachers are able to do and say whatever they please, but others are reprimanded for things that didn't even occur, simply because a favored teacher said it did.
Funplace, Clean environment
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), parlin,njApril 28, 2014
Loved everything about this job between the kids and my co-workers.
Great place to work at, fun and professional.
Lead Teachher (Current Employee), Round Lake, ILMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work is busy but entertaining, there is always something new happening. Coworkers are very friendly, professional, and funny. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the kids and then having them move up to the next room. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children grow and learn from what you teach them. When a child comes up to you and repeats something you taught them a while back, it is a proud moment. Knowing you taught them and they retained the information is rewarding.
Enjoyed my job a lot
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: being able to be silly at work
Cons: getting to attached
A typical day at work for me was taking care of the children. Play, teach, and learn with them. Some things I learned were to be more patient and understanding to children's needs.Hardest part of my job was leaving the kids at the end of the day and seeing them cry. my most enjoyable part of my day was definitely watching the children learn something new that I taught them.
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: long lunches, more hours than some, moving to and from rooms, co-workers and boss are nice
Cons: not full time, would like more pay, no benefits
Through my work at the Goddard School, I have gained the ability to organize and manage sequencing tasks and am able to work accurately and efficiently also while managing time. Working with toddlers means that I must be quick on my feet, pay close attention to each child, and quickly organize teaching materials. I also have strength in attention to detail and establishing priorities and am a creative problem solver. I am patient and have the ability to use interpersonal skills and common courtesy and tact when dealing with co-workers and patrons. My close attention to detail, experience sorting teaching materials in alphanumeric order, and experience navigating libraries has prepared me for learning the Dewey Decimal System.
My boss and all my co-workers are really nice and everybody treats each other in a friendly kind of manner. We all help each other as a whole and respect those around us.
One of the many hardest parts about my current job is time. I help make the things me and my co-workers get done in a strict schedule. I'm always keeping on my toes with being a teacher's assistant.
I enjoy organizing and working with my hands. I sometimes get to use the copier, cut things out of laminating machines, help clean classrooms, and move classroom furniture. I like being useful.

1 2 3