Goddard Space Flight Center Employee Reviews

love working at Goddard
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 14, 2012
working at Goddard has been a most rewarding place to work. The people I have worked with are nice, helpful,challenging and different. There are many different places and each is a different contractors. The most challenging is leaning the different jobs.
Pros
being confortable while working
Cons
health care not that good
Great Place to work
Logistics and Publications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 17, 2015
I traveled to promote the NASA Education office all over the world. I registered educators during at the NSTA conferences. Great place to work.
Productive work environment in the space industry
Ops Controller, Mission Planner (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 5, 2015
There was not a typical day. The job had rotating shifts. One week midnights, one week evenings, one week day shift, then 4.5 days off. Sat at a console monitoring the health and safety of the spacecraft. On the GRO spacecraft, I was not just the Ops Controller, I was also the Mission Planner. Started my career in the CMF Computer Room, then moved up to Ops Controller on the COBE spacecraft then left when the spacecraft was close to ending its mission and was hired on to the GRO mission. My co-workers were fantastic. Every single person got along because all of us followed "Thou shalt nots" For example, Thou shalt not gossip, thou shalt not ask personal questions, etc. Everyone participated and it was the most rewarding environment I have ever worked in. Management was awesome and treated each person as an individual to be respected at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the salary, the people and the job itself.

Nothing hard about the job, yet it was intellectually stimulating.
Pros
Great salary, great people, great work ethics, great environment, free parking, great benefits.
Cons
NONE
Great Intern Experience
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 10, 2013
Working at Goddard was great. I not only gained valuable experience but I had fun while doing it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goddard Space Flight Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5