Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Fast paced, stressful, fun times
PACKER/MACHINE OP (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 16, 2016
I liked it there but at my age with a back problem was to much because very fast paced putting candy in trays for one and a half hours, like on the Lucy Show for real. People out with carpal tunnel and rotator cuff problems. Employees were nice and we had fun. Management ask for input but never address the problems and people getting injured. they say stretch but never give time to unless line breaks down. I learned how to run lots of the machines there and was good at most. Some were computerizied.
I love the People who Godiva Atracts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2016
Clock in
Check Daily Business Tracker
Talk to previews Manager for debrief
Control sales (Grabbing)
Manage employee Based on effort
Provide a extraordinary experience for customer
smile and great all Genuinely
Restock
Fill out Closing Procedures and Deposit money
Pros
Experience
Cons
Managemant
Excellent JOB!
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2016
I loved working here, I had to leave this job because my son was very sick and i had no other choice. I would have worked at Godiva forever.
Pros
Fun different
Cons
inside of a mall
fun work enviroment wit different task every week
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
At Godiva you have fun while you work. From dipping fresh strawberries in chocolate to sampling some of the best chocolate out there, Godiva has it all. they taught me how to have fun at work while keeping it professional.

the management was good for the most part, the store was pretty well kept together. The co-workers always made work more fun to be at.
The hardest part is dealing with hundreds of customers during the holidays but you get used to it.

The best part was being able to sample all the new chocolate every time they were released.
Pros
trying new chocolate, making all the good that were sold.
Cons
big rushes of crowds at one time, very small store
Fun, Welcoming Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Godiva. Picking up and learning the many tasks a sales associate was fun and engaging. None of the work was too difficult and communicating with management was easy.
hardwork and no play
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2016
a typical day was very hard and management sucks. If your looking to advance be sure to be disappointed because if you don't look like them it WON'T HAPPEN.
Pros
you work inside the mall
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, bad management
great entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 13, 2016
Godiva was a great place to learn to be a sales associate. I learned how to work the register, take inventory, and count money at the end of the night.
Pros
I learned valuable customer service skills
Cons
no cons to speak of
The most enjoyable part of the job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity to learn new things every day and the chance to meet new people that give me new challenges to work and learn from.
Beautiful store with bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 1, 2016
Opened store and cash registers by counting out tills, restocked any truffles or candied items in the cooler section for presentation to customers, began tempering chocolate for fruit dipping and confection decorating, preparing shakes for customers, contant restocking and cleaning. Finally, at the end of the day, till reconciliation, cleaning and sanitizing all dipping equipment, and stocking as much as possible for the following morning. Upselling was paramount here.

How to upsell effectively, and directly address all customers.

Management was friendly, efficient and helpful, however they made some very bad decisions regarding who to retain and who not to, as many of the employees were young and extremely irresponsible.

I was the oldest employee, and enjoyed the store, but only if I was either working alone, or working with a responsible employee (many were not).

The hardest part of the job was getting ready for new seasonal displays. This was brutal, and we would have to stay quite late sometimes to achieve the desired results, since this was considered a high end store, and no 'just okay' results were satisfactory.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was at a mall. I am a female and well, let's just say I am not afraid to admit I loved working in a beautiful store.
Pros
Beautiful store with free samples
Cons
Hard manual labor
Exciting and Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
Hand crafted chocolate drinks,dipped strawberry's as well as packing gift boxes for customers based on needs .Maintained a clean and neat store.
na
Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2016
its fast pace , an long hours. no benefits. coworkers are nice. mostly standing . an always rushing . you have to wear all black.. its gets very hot an sweaty .
Cons
short breaks
This is the best job I ever had!!!!!
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Manhattan, NY (maiden lane)July 11, 2016
I wish I was joking but this place was my slice of heaven, the only reason why I left unfortunately I moved so far away and it was more an expense commuting to work than what in was making. Best schedule ever, My coworkers were so amazing literally became my second family, still in contact with most of them today. The atmosphere was so surreal so bright and clean and open, the teamwork was amazing if you ever needed help you could always count on your coworkers. Just overall an amazing location to work at truly a breath of fresh air.
Pros
ITS GODIVA COME ON !!!
Cons
the customers can be a little ecentric, and the corporate staff are very arogant
Great Benefits
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Godiva was not an easy job at first. Having to memorize all the types of chocolates, where they go, how to dip strawberries, temper chocolate and more. I've gotten experience in all these things, management was alright. Although 1 of them was not as professional as they should have been. Co-workers come and go but the majority had fun working there. Best part was watching peoples reactions when they tasted our chocolate
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
The best job I've had
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 5, 2016
Being at Godiva Chocolatier has given me so much insight into the business side of retail, and I couldn't be more grateful for all the experience I've acquired. My store manager, has helped me the most, to mature into the role of an Assistant Manager, I've transformed from an immature 18 year old to a more professional and responsible individual. My co-workers are practically family to me, we are there for each other because we know that the store runs smoothly as a team. The hardest part of the job is the amount of time and effort that goes into keeping the store afloat. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to try all the new items that are released!
Exciting, So much to learn.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN, Appleton, WI, Milwaukee WIJune 27, 2016
My day always started out by dipping. Godiva taught me to be a certified Chocolatier. The hardest part was the long hours. I made life long friends at this company. I will always cherish.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
lots of paperwork
Amazing experience
Godiva Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 4, 2016
Godiva was an amazing experience, I absolutely loved working there. I always tried to get the customers to leave pleased. I learned how to work under pressure & how to handle things on my own. I became a leader & a hard working person. I found some of the prices a little overpriced, so I tried to get the best offer for the costumer. I am bilingual & it was also a great benefit since the Florida mall has a lot of tourists. As I said before, Godiva was an amazing experience for me & I grew as a employee.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Short breaks
Very out going place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
Would get to the place and set up tables where the bar and food will be going take out the hot and cold food then guest will come and we would help them with anything helped about in bar mitzvah and bat mitzvah. close everything down when the party was over then pack up and go home
This job was fun!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2016
Sadly this company no longer exists. It was torn down to make way for the city center project. This location was on the world famous Las Vegas strip which brought in a lot of international travelers. It was a great training location for using many different languages to help customers.
No reward for hard work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2016
I loved working here, but even after never calling in, staying late, coming in on days off and being one of the top sales people, I was not only not rewarded, but terminated due a request off.
Pros
Sample chololates, short shifts, fun staff.
Cons
No hours, no communication, favortism
A lots of chocolate truffles, I dip chocolate strawberries, samples chocolates,
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 2, 2016
Its fun working here, the smile of people you see once they taste our truffles. My co workers is also fun working with, we work as a team and help each others and we end up being friends with each other. what I learned on this job is how to make a sale to other people and how to explain each one item with customers.

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Reviews by Location