Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Professional Customer Service Start
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, management
Cons: customer that belive that they are entitled to everything right to them, HIGH STESS LEVEL envornment
I was really excited to start working for Godiva. Everything there just was so beautiful and the chocolate was amazing! Over priced but amazing. Very friendly management that are very passionate to give the brand a bigger name that represent THE ULAMITE CHOCOALTE EXPERIENCE. And literally that was my life. They are pretty flexible if you have a second job or go to school.
What I really loved about the job was dipping strawberries in delicious Belgium chocolate and providing the GODIVA EXPERIENCE.
What I didn't like to much was that sometimes I would be at my manager's beckin call and would work more and harder than the others. I felt like I was getting taken advantage of my willingness to work more to advance. Sometimes I will be there more than 40hrs per week for a part time job.
Tried my best to get some kind of raise and promotion but there wasn't really enough money to do so and 0 to non opportunity to.
It was heart braking to leave but I have a family to provide for
Fun learning experience.
Barista (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free chocolates and drinks, seasonal gifts/perks.
Cons: Tight space, no team work.
I learned a lot about culture and sales at Godiva, just didn't see why items could be so expensive, and the quota on selling was just too massive. All in all, Godiva was a wonderful job but the manager could have been a bit more friendly.
horrible management and HR dept
machine operator/lead (Former Employee), Reading PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: discounted chocolate
Cons: short breaks, bad HR reps, poor management
Terrible communication throughout the plant. Make promises to employess and dont keep them. The company is owned by Turkish company for past 8years. Since this sale took place quality has taken a serious fall. Plant in Reading is run by a bunch of invalids who think they have a clue. Human resource department is the worst. Dont expect this company to go to bat for you when you need them. I speak from personal experience. This company will never last. Its on a downward spiral and in a few months you will be able to buy it at walmart. Prestigious? Not anymore.
interesting experience
Key Holder (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: great bosses, great expriences
Cons: lack of sleep
wake up take care of the baby, feed her, wash her, buy groceries for the family, clean the house and cook dinner, i learned empathy mostly from this family to see an inside struggle of a family that the rest of the wold doesn't, and i learned focus and a whole different kind of responsibility, my bosses were great people always giving me advice on money matters or any other questions i had asked, the hardest part of the job i would say was waking up every 3 hours to feed her, most enjoyable part was the great people and seeing that baby grow.
Good.
Sales Lead (Former Employee), indianapolis, INMay 22, 2015
I really liked this company, but I feel like at the time I worked for the company the employees I worked at had not been trained well. I very much so enjoyed the DM because she was very understanding and new exactly how to approach employees on how to correct an situation that needed correction.
Work at godiva
greeter (Former Employee), Sanford, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: working at the mall
Cons: long days, sore feet on the floor all day
I learned how to work with other people as a team. I also learned how to work with machines that warmed up chocolate. I handled money by working at the register, even greeting customers. The hardest part of the job was becoming comfortable with trying to bring customers in with samples outside of the store.
Nice environment to work in
o Sales Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, good environment
Cons: Wish to get more out of the job, want advancement, better hours.
My experience at Godiva has been a fairly decent one. I enjoy the environment and the people that I work with, as well as the interaction with customers who come in to get their daily chocolate fix. It's a fast pace job where knowing your stuff is highly required, as your knowledge of the merchandise is what allows customers to trust your judgement and keep coming back. Although hours aren't the greatest and from time to time I wish I could get more from the job, I do enjoy being able to put a smile on people's faces and help them indulge.
love the place
packer (Former Employee), Reading, PAMay 6, 2015
It was a great job. ever one was friendly and wanted to help one another. The staff was great and the co workers was wonderful
Sweet tooth beware..its all good here
food sanitation and customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, awesome free treats for testing, happy customers
Cons: no benefits, poor hours, no full time
The job itself was great in many aspects. One was being able to use my creative side to make all the dipped goodies. Definitely would recommend someone to apply if they're looking for a couple hours a week.
GEAT COMPANY
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 28, 2015
• Oversee daily operations of an approximate one million dollar retail sales outlet, including recruitment, training, and budget;
• Increased retail sales by 400% over a five year period through targeted marketing efforts to high value clients;
• Develop holiday visual displays utilized by all one-million dollar and above Corporate Godiva locations in the United States;
• Assisted with new store development and product packaging.
Godiva Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 20, 2015
Godiva upper management has changed in the past few years and the culture along with it. It is no longer perceived as a luxury boutique in customers eyes but management still thinks it is. The type of customers that shop now always are looking for a sale. The products are now everywhere, book stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, and customers do not appreciate the boutiques like they have in the past. They are replacing long term managers with lower paid people but still want high end performance. I loved this job and worked very hard but with the culture change I has forced to leave. Very sad. There is little to no advancement from within as I have seen only one or two people promoted. Godiva is a wonderful product, but has become watered down with it being sold everywhere including outlets and on-line. Its hard to compete with your own Godiva products at lower prices.
I hated working here.
Temporary Keyholder (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 19, 2015
Pros: Chocolate
Cons: Management
Worst job experience ever. I was a step below being a manager and I was being severely underpaid. This company does not care about its workers at all.
horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 15, 2015
Worked here for 9 months when a new manager came in and hired 4 new people and cut my hours back from 24-32 a week to 4-9 hours a week.
Not a great retail environment
Management Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits for full-time employees, free chocolate
Cons: Bad management, corporate leaders lack a unified/logical vision.
Meeting customer demands while also remaining within the bounds of corporate guidelines and expectations, as poorly interpreted by rarely competent managers, proves to be extremely difficult. The customers want one thing, management wants another, and you're stuck in the middle. Getting Aetna health insurance on the cheap is pretty good, and the free chocolate from unsellable items is okay, but it wasn't generally worth the ineptitude coming from both management and unenthusiastic co-workers.
Busy, fast paced enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Work Enviroment
Cons: No room for growth
Very hands on fast paced environment. Ability to delight and help customers indulge in chocolate! Needs more room for growth and a better training structure.
Good Company
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Good Retail Company. Innovative and good managment. Nice work environment. Challenges to keep growing. Management was good to work with.
Great Employer
Boutique Manager (Current Employee), MichiganApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great support good company culture
Great place to work! Engaging training program, an a lot of employee resources. Fun and fast pace requires a sense of urgency in all operational tasks.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, great work environment, flexibility
Cons: hours getting cut
The atmosphere at Godiva is very fun and welcoming. Every one of my coworkers is friendly and makes me feel comfortable working there. We are able to balance having fun with being productive and getting things done around the store. We have great management who treat us like family and are passionate about the company.
Boo
Chocoatier (Former Employee), Tigard, ORMarch 10, 2015
It's cool when your manager sits in the back room and eats all the stock chocolate all day. Your manager may also forge "chocolate rewards" sign ups to make herself look better,

It's cool when the employees and management blatantly steal hundreds of dollars of chocolate to take home for themselves.

I don't know how this company is in business in the USA, but our store broke so many health violations it was ridiculous. Flies, old exposed chocolate, uncleaned shake and ice cream machines.

Dipping fruit and novelties in chocolate is cool. That is the only part about this job that made it worth it.

If you are lucky enough to get hired here, expect to work no hours. When you get upset, they will let you work just enough hours to feel like you matter and then the next week it is back to normal.
If You Love Chocolate
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: learned how to really taste and describe the true flavor of chocolate.
Cons: its hard not to always buy chocolate.
If you love chocolate and a fun work enviorment then this is the place for you. learning to make fresh treats everyday to the delight of the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Salaries