Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employer Reviews

Great coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJAugust 15, 2014
Each of my coworkers worked as a team to achieve our daily goals and make the customer's experience memorable.
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: being on my feet all day.
Loved this job and the people I worked with. It was my first job that which all others have been judged against. I even returned to the job temporarily twice.
Fun Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 4, 2014
fun busy work place, staff and management were always fun to work with
Great Place to Increase Your Upselling Abilities
Sales Chocolatier (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 4, 2014
Godiva is a great place to learn how to build consumer relationships to increase the moral as well as level of comfort for your clientele.
Unfortunate Corporate Culture
Store Manger (Former Employee), St Louis areaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: generous discount, easy to follow dress code, great boss
Cons: inconsistant demands of scheduling, no work/life balance, inconsistant corporate desires
The joke that went around the company was, "It's not that the company's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, it's that the left hand doesn't know that there is a right hand, a left foot, or a right foot in the first place."

The DM I reported to was wonderful and supportive; my peer group was as well. The issue that we had was that the – more... company set unrealistic goals for a changing market and did not follow those changes in the market. They wanted us to take ownership of our business, but then would not give us the tools to do so.

Unfortunate, because it is a great product and the peer group was excellent. – less
Godiva
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work for/with
High energy, and fast pace atmosphere with the greatest management and staff. Was a part of a flagship store which I still am proud of to this day. Hands down the most enjoyable part of the job for me was training new employees during the holiday push, as well as working in the storeroom. One of the most difficult parts of this job is the same as any – more... other retail, the last minute customer on a weekend night coming in roughly thirty seconds before the store closes and takes 20 minutes to decide to buy one thing (usually one of the cheapest items in the store). Overall a great place to work. – less
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: get to try chocolate, employee discounts
Cons: poor management, poorly staffed.
I had a very bad experience there. I am glad I got out of it. Poor management at the time. Other employees called in a lot or did a no call no show. It's difficult when you work two jobs and have to stay to fill in others hours. Most customers don't expect chocolate to be expensive unless they are regulars.
A very sweet place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: chocolate samples
I really enjoyed working here the atmosphere was so soothing. From sampling chocolates to dancing with the customers at the door it was all very pleasant. The best Seasonal Position I have ever held.
Provide good packaging candy to the supervisors requirement.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 15, 2014
Sorting out candy and making sure its correct before shipping it out. Fast pace environment in getting as much as you can shipped out for the day.
Laid back, fun work environment
Lead Key-Holder (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free chocolate
Cons: pay, inconsistent hours, and heathcare
As a key holder I would always work either an opening or closing shift because I was responsible for counting the money. Most of this job was low pressure sales and emailing our sales report to our district manger. I would occasionally have inventory management and training duties.
Fun highly professional
Sales associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work was full of customer satisfaction. I learned Godiva's reputation is a privilege to uphold. While I was present at godiva the management wasnt so warm hearted as it might be today but professional nonetheless. My co-workers were awesome to say the least. The hardest part of my job there was leaving the job altogether. The most enjoyable – more... part was making customers happy and fulfilling the needs of everyone who came in the store. – less
A Productive and Delicious place to work!
Shift Supervisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
Pros: chocolate!!! who wouldn't love that?
Cons: valentine's day, mother's day, easter, and the holiday season can very busy - i don't think this is a con, but you do need to be on top of your game to keep up.
I believe Godiva to be one of the best places I have ever been lucky enough to have a job. The name and quality of products exude a level of decadence that I was very proud to represent. My co-workers were more like a close family and as a team, we worked hard to meet goals and get projects done. Perhaps the only "stressful" part of working with such – more... a popular brand of chocolate are the busy seasons: Christmas and Valentine's Day; though a major influx of customers happens and lines falling out the door seem hard to manage, the days go by quickly and are full of energy from everyone. Nothing can beat working with some of the best chocolate in the world - Godiva is certainly the MOST DELICIOUS job you could ever have! – less
Well, it started great...
Key Holder (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMay 15, 2014
Pros: chocolate, happy customers, challenging work
Cons: hostile work environment, little pay, very little room for advancement
A typical day of work began with getting the dipping machines turned on, the dipping fruit prepared, and make sure the shelves and chocolate case were filled. We generally worked by ourselves and ran the store alone on a shift. The first manager I worked under was wonderful and I loved her so much. She taught me Local Store Marketing, pristine customer – more... service skills that I took with me, and how to make people happy even when we did not have what they wanted. My co-workers were very snobby, though, and made working with them very difficult. The new manager that came in shortly before I quit did not like me at all because I was good at my job and she was threatened by me, and she cut my hours down to four hours a week until I quit. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my coworkers. The best part of the job was seeing just how happy I could make customers and how easy it was to engage them in conversation. – less
Excellent Supervision
Chocolatier (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2014
Pros: open learning environment, great people
Cons: low wage, low bonuses and low raises not proportional to workload
At Godiva, the team working the floor does a fantastic job working in concert.
The manager delegates with faith in his people, and the assistant manager makes every experience pleasant with corporate customers, travelers and loyalty members alike.

A long-time part-time employee shares constructive criticism and ideas to motivate the team, and a contract – more... employee shows up to cover shifts and better distribute the workload.

Supervisors do a fantastic job directing the flow of traffic and walking the customers to where they can see the product in its best light. Salespeople emphasize the craft of the details-- embossing, beading, and package design.

The artisan dipper is available whenever possible to demo the product with picture-window theater in the best light.

I've learned to emulate them when other projects cause them to be otherwise engaged. – less
not a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), wyomissing, paMay 1, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: toxic work environment, lots of turnover, very poor leadership
they are losing money. the culture is toxic. do yourself a favor - and dont get mixed up with them
Great learning experience
Sales Clerk/Key Holder (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun and good learning experience
Cons: few hours to rest from work
A typical day in Godiva was fun and a learning experience in customer service. I learned about customer service relations and the importance of providing excellent customer service. The manager was great and was a great teacher to me and all my co-workers. Me and my co-workers all got along and created a great team work environment. The hardest part – more... of the job was to maintain everyday dales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was having frequent customers and them wanting you to attend to them. – less
High end Chocolate company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no life-work balance
Dedicated customer service
Busy atmosphere

Typical day started with dipping at least 100 strawberries
Constant upkeep on dipping thru day

Maintaining food safety guidelines
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Care Service (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTApril 16, 2014
This was a seasonal job at the Godiva Call Center. Typical day consisted of answering the phone, taking orders, changing dates or product. Sometimes, if the product is already packaged, cannot change anything within the order which will frustrate some customer's. But overall, its my job to make sure the customer understands why its already packaged. – more... My experience at Godiva was great because my co-workers helped me out when I didn't know something right away. Working at a call center helped me work in a fast-pace environment. At times, you will get angry customers but it taught me to be patient and calm. – less
Fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 12, 2014
Godiva is a wonderful company to work for. Employees have the ability to create a career and advance in the company.
good seasonal work; excellent team
Customer service and sales (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 8, 2014
I had a good experience at Godiva. I had an overall good experience here.

1 2 3 4

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Photos