Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

fun
Key Holder / Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Godiva was a very fun place to work. I was in several different locations and each one had its perks. I was able to move up and become a manager after 2 years.
Lower-end Treatment in a High-Class Mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2017
If you're looking for a retail position in Valley Fair, I'd suggest to stray away from Godiva. There are so many other stores that treat their employees better and that both offer a more competitive pay as well as commission. At Godiva, don't expect a raise very often. And don't expect a promotion, or full time.
awesome
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  260 Briarwood Cir, Ann Arbor, MI 48108July 16, 2017
very good environment to work. no stressful i love my managers there. you will not get 40 hours there. the customer that come in be lost when they come in but there always respectable.
Pros
fexible hours good work place
Cons
dont get alot of hours
A little boring depending on store location
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611July 11, 2017
I worked in the water tower location. We only got busy on weekends. weekdays were really slow so there wasnt much to do unless you had to do a special order or it was shipment day.
A Relaxed and Fun job while it lasted
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 11, 2017
Working at Godiva was a simple and fun job at times, however; Godiva lacked wage stability and offered very little hours on non-holiday seasons for part time workers. Our store closed down due to the company down sizing so in addition to little hours, we had no job stability ether. I learned how to treat customers as guests and value the products in quality over quantity.
Pros
Stress free working enviroment, amazing staff, helpful experiences
Cons
Low paying, few hours, poor store upkeep
Fun and Growing place to work
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Godiva. I was able to grow and management was very supportive among employees. I met many cultures and backgrounds when interacting with customers. Food was also yummy!
Associate Manager, Benefits NA (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 21, 2017
Great company, focused on growth and employee experience. Communication is efficient and open. Employees enjoy working there and many have worked there for a long time.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
its an amazing company. the management is great and the entire crew is supportive and friendly. the regional manager pops in and helps out when ever he can.
horrible management
Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
does not care about life outside of work, there is no balance. Also you will always do more than your job title requires without compensation because management is too lazy
Sterling company to work for!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
Have nothing but great things to say about company. Employees are treated well and have great training program. Employee incentives and ability to cross market with other retailers and events is a refreshing and increasingly under rated practice. Company news letter was always informative and recognized star performance.
Pros
Company recognized employees and appreciated staff.
Cons
Need some sort of degree for upper management
Loved Working for Godiva
Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 6, 2017
Godiva has been a wonderful company to work for and I have very much enjoyed my time there. I learned how to give amazing customer service while being professional and approachable. My Co-Workers are absolutely wonderful and we're very much a communtiy of its own. Working in Chocolate is such an incredible experience because your job is giving others decadence, sweetness, and happiness. It's a positive environment and a joy to come in to work everyday. In all honesty the hardest part will be leaving since I'm moving away this summer. I'm so thankful to managenment and the company for my time there, and advocate for many to experience working for such a great company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Wonderful Co-workers, Flexible Schedule, Fantastic Location
Classey
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2017
Thank you so much Godiva for the most rich and knoladgable experience from the entry level all the way to the Management then right here to the chocolate I will go go go diva lol thank you Divas you go guys!
Pros
The experience
Cons
Not enough chocolate
i love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2017
I love working at the Godiva on premium outlet on vineland the team is amazing I enjoy working there because the management team is great the only con is that they give no hours sometimes.
Best place to work! Ever!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 25, 2017
Fun atmosphere. Management and pay is amazing. Very happy customers. I mean come on! We sell chocolate. Best time ever people are like family. I spent almost 9 year with them only reason I left is because I had to move. Lots of veteran employees most stay 5 years or more.
Pros
Great people, great company, fun.
Cons
Extremely busy holidays
hiuhpiuh8i
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
why is indeed making me do this

All interactions with Costco employees and customers were always pleasant. Each day at work was enjoyable and there was never anyone that seemed like they weren't having a good day. Working in a busy environment helped with customer service skills.
Ok
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 21, 2017
It's just as you would expect from Godiva Fast paced and very active job. Must be in good shape to keep up with the high demand of selling depending on your area.
Good as second job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 19, 2017
Great environment, good as second job if in school for flexible hours. Or part time job when need to have requested hours. Work every weekend required, but can ask of days off.
Management have more flexible schedule and flexibility of choosing hours.
Exciting product and fun environment
Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2017
I love working for Godiva as a part-time employee. They have a vision with the product offerings to keep Chocolate interesting and current. All while being true to their core values. They stand behind their employees and support them.
Great weekend or second job. Not many hours, and not stressful.
Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaMay 8, 2017
It's a pretty chill job. If you've worked retail before then nothing should come as a surprise. Think of it as a little chocolate grocery store. Nothing about the job is difficult. Unless you just hate interacting with customers then this job isn't hard at all.
Great company
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 5, 2017
godiva chocolatier is a great company to work for, they treat their employees well. of course culture will vary by boutique and can be easially observed by being a customer first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.