GoHealth Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Great Growing Organization with much Energy
Provider (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 18, 2017
I have much experience with many different types of healthcare organizations. GoHealth fits me well. The shifts for our providers are in line with industry for urgent care or emergency medicine. GoHealth is growing for a reason. It's all about the patient and their experience as well as provider input on quality care without being micro-managed. There are many urgent care facilities sprouting up in CT, but GoHealth has a joint venture with Hartford Healthcare, which gives providers and staff benefits from a large health system. The centers are clean and new and in great locations. It seems that you will hear from those who have negative things to say, more than the positive, which is why I had to say how very happy I am to be part of a quality organization who cares about my happiness, but more importantly, about why we are all there. For the patients we serve.
Pros
New to CT, growing and quality healthcare
Cons
New locations need time to ramp up, but grow quickly
very little staffing
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 27, 2017
gohealth does not have enough staff. they are always sending out emails for coverage. some people have lives outside of work and they make you feel bad when you don't pick up.
Pros
free lunch when cover shifts
Cons
no breaks, no staffing
A horrible place to work, 14 hour days, no break, awful absent mgt
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Whoever dreamed up GoHealth Urgent Care I wonder? An awful combination - 14 hour days with no break (not kidding), all the Managers care about are the numbers, a sniping nasty work environment where its dog eat dog, and the pay is awful - I have never worked so hard and been paid so little and treated so awfully - this is fast food medicine, the patients are rude (they are billed like $500 a visit and for this they don't even get to see a Doctor most of the time so no wonder) - this job is a stepping stone to something better and no more - all the Managers care about are the numbers and not you
Pros
Nothing, not 1 good word to say about this place
Cons
Endless 14 hour days for pittance, terrible Mgt
A fundamentally terrible place to work - 12 hour days with no meal breaks and terrible unsupportive Mgt
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2017
The business model that GoHealth Urgent Care in based on is misery incorporated - 12 hour working days with no meal break at all - they have very few Doctors - instead they have these Physicians Assistants (PAs) - who are basically nurses who can write scripts under the supervision of a Doctor - and then they hire X-Ray techs but lump them with the receptionist job and every other menial task and the result - a cauldron of unhappiness and nastiness - that the absentee Managers don't care about. It's fast food urgent care with terrible results - there's terrible ongoing bullying and a poisonous culture here - many of the PAs are lazy nasty types who dump as much work onto the poor x-ray techs - who are worked to death in this miserable thankless environment. All the managers care about is the numbers - and given GoHealth Urgent Care is owned by a Hedge Fund - it all makes sense.
Pros
Nothing - GoHealth is Misery Incorporared Fast Food medicine
Cons
12 hour days, no breaks, low pay, terrible unsupportive mgt
Feast or famine - stressful or pure boredom with very long hours
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2017
Poorly managed and grossly understaffed, the company has expanded far too quickly and upper management seem to always be begging staff members to pick up extra shifts. Each shift is at least 12 hours long and can easily go to 13 or 14 hours and employees sometimes work 7 or more days in a row. The work flow is uneven with long hours of boredom interspersed with many periods of high volume activity and stress. And don't expect them to provide a place to securely store your valuables. Might be a good place to work if you're just starting out in your career and have no expectations of a life outside of work. But if you do end up working here and you have a spouse and kids don't expect to see them much.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Long hours, ridiculously short breaks, zero life balance, no place to securely store valuables
Work you down
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
If youre an x-ray tech who enjoys doing everything but x-ray take this job. If you like being a ma/front desk /janitor this is the best place for you.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No breaks, busy, no help
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 27, 2017
90 day review was over the phone after that conversation i had no access to work with no explanation NYC manager responded once after NEVER HEARD BACK
Pros
Nice clean place to work, have the option to pick up extra hours if needed
Cons
No manager around ever for help you are timed
Productive working environment
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2017
No bad things to say about working here. Pay is decent. No micro management. Very laid back friendly atmosphere.. Moral is great. Coworkers are cool. I would suggest better "in house" promotions.
Nice place to work
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2017
Great learning experience. Always willing to help. The coding department is excellent. I would recommend this job to people. I love that they are growing everyday.
Good Pay/Horrible Corporate Office
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2017
This company is still new and fresh so there's no policies set in place and management and HR are very disorganized at the corporate office. Too focused on opening new centers so employees are not managed well, pretty much do whatever they want which creates a negative morale in the department and no accountability. People take long breaks, dont work as a team and have to fix other peoples mistakes. Company definitely has potential and if you're patient enough, sticking around may pay off in the way distant future.
Pros
Great Pay/ Benefits
Cons
Negative Morale, Very Disorganized, No accountability
Amazing
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 22, 2017
I love working here. i love the people and the patients. i love how you never know what is gonna come through the door. everyday is different. overall an amazing company.
good company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Go Health is a great place to work for. They have a good crew. Almost everyone is cool. Pay is much less than what hospital is paying to Rad Tech.
Pros
Good Benefits
Awesome Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elwood, NYOctober 12, 2016
GoHealth Urgent Care is an awesome place to work.
All of my coworkers RadTechs ,PAs or the Doctors are awesome and fun to be around. Gohealth takes care of there employees.I learned how to stay calm during urgent situations and proper protocols for all types of injuries and illnesses.The best part of the job was meeting people and watching them leave knowing you did all you could to make there visit a positive one.
Pros
Gohealth provides snacks incase your too busy to stop and eat
Cons
You can work a 12 to 14 hour day extremely busy without a moment to yourself
Growing company with excellent culture.
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
By far the best company I have worked for in my career. The trustworthy leadership, growth opportunities and great culture for delivering the best care for patients... all what I look for in a healthcare organization.
Pros
Growth opportunity and great work environment and culture.
Great Company With Lots Of Career Growth Opportunities!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Great company, in partnership with a large hospital system. Collaborative company culture allows for many opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Awesome company to work for!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Great and positive work environment. Team atmosphere where your opinion really matters. Rapidly growing company with a lot of growth potential.
From Start-Up to Powerhouse
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 7, 2016
GoHealth is now a national powerhouse when it comes to the delivery of Urgent Care. With a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and communities, they currently have clinics in New York, Oregon, Washington and California as well as a corporate HQ in Georgia.

Their state of the art urgent care centers welcome you with a clean, contemporary design engineered for your comfort and privacy.

I've never been in a position that has been so challenging and rewarding at the same time!
Pros
Fast Paced, Always Improving
Cons
Fast Paced, Always Improving
productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 16, 2016
Atypical day at work is seeing 50 to 60 patient with two providers and 2 MAs.
I have learnt so much working with goHealth.
My manager is amazing and strive to make us happy at our location in Manhattan.
My co-workers are fun and we all work excellent together .
Nice Place to work for
Clinic Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 10, 2016
I'd recommend this company. Nice Facility. Modern Technology. Very nice people to work with. The providers are pleasant.
Pros
Nice Facility. Modern Technology. Nice People. The providers are pleasant.
Great Co-Workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  gresham, ORAugust 11, 2015
They currently going through many changes. You have to be willing to accept change. Once they get a good handle on what they want to accomplish in the company they will go far. My co-workers are amazing. They are currently under new management who don't know how to run the clinic yet, but they are making progress.
Pros
Very rewarding career
Cons
always moving. Never a time to relax

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoHealth Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.