GoHealth Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work little room to advance
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists around 30 inbound calls from clients trying to obtain new health care plans. With GoHealth you learn how to properly use critical thinking and time management. The managers are very hard working and good leaders. The hardest part of the job would be being into contact with so many different types of people and controlling their emotional disbelief on health products. The most enjoyable part would also have to be coming into contact with so many people which helps you to learn patience and adaptability.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Nice Pay, Good Management.
Cons
Limited room for progress
Variable Market Continuity
Legacy Sales Agent/Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
GoHealth supports a causal comfortable workplace but is at the mercy of an everchanging Health Insurance market and the demands of Insurance Carrier contracts.
Job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
Decent place to work, ok staff, compensation is average. good work and home life split, managers were nice

ksabfasb asodbgoasbg absodbfs sdfj sjdfsjdfsd
I love gohealth
Licenced Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
I love it. I love the casual dress code more than anything because I am diabetic and my weight goes up and down. I love the teamwork and team leaders. I love the ability to choose your hours to a degree. I love the compensation. I love the convenient locations.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
seasonal
Fun environment
Insurance Agent & Enrollment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
very positive, I would have liked to work there full time, but it was just a temporary position, I really liked the team I was working with
A positive experience.
Benefits Adviser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
Nice helpful environment. Casual vibe, but professional
when required. Once you get past the initial information overload - the job becomes second nature.
Gets the Job done
Licensed Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work. This is a place to just do as your told and you will be advanced to management. Simple concept. Nobody here is a Nobel laureate.
Go the other way
workforce management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
Horrible place to work for. From the actual building to management and HR, this place is the worse. They treat employees as if they are disposable after open enrollment is over. They have no real HR policies and procedures so how you get treated (promotion, time off,ect) esp in an operations role, depends on who likes you.
Pros
none.
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Pay, leaders desire more training no diversity in leadership
General (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
I worked in HR and can tell you if a diverse company is what you are looking for, GoHealth is not for you. Benefits are lagging the 21st Century, no 401k match; and the atmosphere is that of leadership being bullies instead of partners. The two different sides of the organization are not treated euqally.
Pros
competitive
Cons
atmosphere and lack of diversity
GoHealth
Screener (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
I work with great managers that really care about the teams. i have a great team i work with and have great friends through out the whole company.

Want to know more about GoHealth?

Ask a question
Greatest job experience
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Enjoyed my time working here and I wish I was still there. It is a fast paced, friendly, competitive environment. My team leader was understanding and always willing to help.
Pros
Free lunches when we were really busy
Good company if under different management
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
This company is in it's second year under the ACA regulations. The management still have no clue on how to manage this company. There are a few perks. Everyday is "Dress-down Friday". You can wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday. It's a laid-back environment, and it makes it comfortable to work in. The major problem GoHealth has is it's managers. It's like a frat house among the upper management. Most of them are about 25-28 years old. They come in late for work, and leave early to go drinking, as a group. They stay logged into the system so it will look like they are still on the clock, when in fact they are down the street at the bar. They expect for all the agents to come in on time and work their entire shift, when they are drinking the night away. HR has a huge turnaround rate. Every 3 to 6 months there's new HR personnel. The corporate office is being remodeled, so therefore, they decided to save money by only paying their salaried employees 7 days of pay on a check (which payroll is 2 times a month), the rest of the money for those missing days will be distributed in December. There was only 1 month notification on this change. The hourly employees were paid a 3 week check while the salaried employees had 7 days of work on their check.
The managing of this company need to be left to professionals that know what they are doing. All the managers are friends, and promoted their friends into management positions. Most of the managers do not know how to manage, and they are causing many good employees to quit. It's a good job if you just go to work to make money, and go home.
  more... There is potential to make a lot of good money during AEP.  less
Pros
Free lunches, dinners, and snacks during AEP, Laid-back environment
Cons
Healthcare, hardly no benefits, Managment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
WORST company in all aspects. Very unprofessional and filthy environment. Management is worst I have ever experienced.
Nothing good about it. Benefits are horrible too.
Health Plan Advisor
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2015
- Received calls from customers looking for health plans
- Managers treated certain people better than others
- Co-workers stuck together and helped each other
Pros
Happy Environment
Cons
Customer calls are not fairly distributed
the WORST
Screener (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2015
GO HEALTH has to be THE worst company I have ever worked for. As a screener you are lead to believe that you will taking INBOUND CALLS with some outbound. Which is completely false. The calls are mostly outbound contacting consumers that (1)have never heard of the company, (2) no longer need coverage or (3) they simply hang up in your face. The leads are old some from 2-3 years ago.You know those ANNOYING telemarketers that call you non stop and when you pick up you tell them you don't want the services but they KEEP CALLING.. THAT WILL BE YOU. You will get yelled and and called everything BUT your name. I've had ppl say "I've ask to be placed on DO NOT CALL MORE THE 5 TIMES". While the money is Okay, you don't receive any SORT of benefit until you are 6 months in which you will be burned out from doing the same thing every single day by then. Schedules are NEVER SET. Schedules are based on how well you "perform" which is a bunch of bs. They treat you as if you are replaceable if you can not go along with the schedule they provide you with. Smh... Agents are rude. The company does nothing to build repour with us the workers. ALL AND ALL money is okay but job sucks.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else
A great job experience during a historical time in the healthcare industry!
Certified Life & Health Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
GoHealth offered and afforded me the opportunity of receiving my Health and Life Insurance Brokers Licence, during a historical period in the American Healthcare Industry,
Fun laidback work environment.
Licensed Health Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Gohealth is a great place to work. The compensation is fair with great bonus commission opportunity. The supervisors are friendly, and very helpful.
lively
Licensed health plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
a great place to work with fun management, and a great environment. handle calls from current and prospective customers regarding health plans. they actually help you to become a licensed health plan advisor, and the training is ongoing.
Pros
environmet
Most of the year it is laid back and a fun place to be. Foosball tables and basketball rims were at the old location.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2015
The money is great and they try really hard to make the environment enjoyable for the employees. You can have a life outside of work if you choose to do so!
Pros
Compensation. Great stepping stone. Location.
Cons
Highly motivated professional, licensed to sell health & life insurance coverage in multiple states. Energetic individual with 10 years experience dem
Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
I listen to everyone's individual health needs and concerns, I gather as much information from the consumer to accurately narrow down the best plans to meet his or her needs. I present the plans to the individual while keeping he or she abreast with the Affordable Care Act.
Pros
A relax work environment: casual dress code, commission, and personable colleague
Cons
lack of benefits

2.5