Going Green Solar Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Challenging place to work
Qualifications Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2017
This job is based on strictly sales production. If one does not meet the sales quota for the week they will be terminated. The company however will go the extra mile to show appreciation for the employees who meet their quotas. Great transitional job to build experience.
great place to work
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2015
Spoke with home owners locally who showed need of renewable energy products. Would ask a series of qualifying questions in regard to utilities and home. Scheduled appointments to meet with them at place of residence. Scheduled next day appointments only. 150-200 calls made daily. Worked 20-24 hours each week
Fun
Outbound call Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2014
Just made contacts to business and home owners interested in getting solar energy through government sponsored programs. very cool.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
Loved it
They are passionate about 2 things, money and more money
Project Manager/Solar Designer/Sales Liaison (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2014
Constantly changing staff. Promised bonuses never fulfilled
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2013
My typical day at work was sitting in a chair for 4 to 5 hours making random phone calls to people. I would call them to see if they may qualify to receive benefits to lower their utility bills. I learned how to speak to people over the phone in a courteous manner. I didn't really socialize with my co-workers it was a one on one with the customer. The hardest part of the job was convincing people to set up an appointment for them.
Pros
close to my school
Cons
not enough hours
It's an okay place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2013
I is a good place to work, they will give anybody the chance to work.
Install Residential Solar PV systems
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  various locations in phoenixOctober 31, 2013
Ran jobs to install solar PV for residential homes. Design and installation of systems.
Work with homeowners, inspectors and utility companies for rebates
Pros
opportunity to get into the solar industry
Cons
unorganization
Appointment setter
APPOINTMENT SETTER/TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  PHOENIX AZOctober 20, 2013
I enjoyed working with going green but the numbers were saturated and it was difficult to get appointments set
Great place to work.
Outbound/Inbound Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2013
It's the same everyday since I cold call homes. I've learned about solar panels, etc. The management team is excellent and so are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is it's very repetitive. The most enjoyable part is my supervisor and her team.
Pros
They're honest with their employees and my supervisor really cares about her staff.
Cons
Part-time hours.
Great, fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, azAugust 19, 2013
This is a great place to work. Management and supervisors are encouraging and great leaders.
2.5 stars
Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2013
Taking inbound and outbound calls qualifying homeowners for Federal & State funds to help lower the electric bill. Informing homeowners of the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act Of 2007. Schedule convenient appointment time for homeowner(s) to meet with energy consultants to finish qualifying process. Tracking set appointment and following up with the outcome of said appointments. Rescheduling and dispatching.
Pros
the working enviornment
Cons
the pay structure
Commission only, in home sales
In-Home Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2012
I really enjoyed this job. The management team was wellqualified and helpful. The job was different everyday and I am well suited to an 'evolving' environment.

The only downside was our products were expensive and therefore it was difficult to get individual customers financed after a sale was made.
Pros
good income potential.
Cons
long hours, no income guarantee.
Going Green Solar
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  phoenix, azJune 6, 2012
I am responsible to make automatic dialer cold calls to homeowners and determine their qualifications to receive funding through the federal and state government to make energy improvements to their homes. It is required to set 5 to 10 appointments per week to keep the position and stay above a 20% demo to hours ratio to continue employment.

I have learned to become proficient with the dialer and improve my typing speed and data entry skills.

The hardest part of this job is to remain stress free during times of low production and keep a positive attitude with the job.
Pros
it is a job, pay check, good for people oriented people
Cons
no benefits, only part time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Going Green Solar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1