GOJO Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Factory Work
Production Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhSeptember 16, 2015
Repetitive activities
Not much room for advancement
Tolerable management
Very serious about production standards
Long hours on your feet with no air conditioning/ heat
Pros
30min lunch, 2 15min breaks
great place to work.
production services (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 31, 2015
Staffing was a an issue at times. Great company overall to work for. Pay was not that great. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
pay
it wasnt long enough
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 27, 2015
i feel that this position was not long enough for me to truly evaluate my position there it felt as though i was not treated with dignity there was much opportunity for growth there but a strict system that they abided by i
They appreciate they're employees
Production Associates (Former Employee) –  Akron OhioJune 30, 2015
My typical day at work. I get there by 7:00am, supervisor are standing in a area to meet and greet us to tell us the production we are working on for today. I go onto that line and pack. palletize, and fix the minor things on the machine when it breaks done.
Pros
free lunches on weekends when we work overtime.
Cons
2 breaks every 2 1/2 hours. great benefits
Typical workplace
Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 18, 2015
This business is simply set-up as every other business is. Slow on making decisions, not fully resourced, and still ran as a family business. However, it has always grown and will continue to. In this regard, it is a highly attractive company.
Pros
ability to show your potential if under the right management
Cons
politics throughout the company
Routine laboratory work within a production plant setting.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Repetitive tasks daily. Learned several laboratory methods. Enjoyed coworkers and the independence that was allowed by the supervisor.
Regular Productive Environment
Production Temp (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 10, 2014
While I was employed at Gojo, the shift was normal but there were times where there were meetings held for the rules and regulations of the company. My supervisor was a great person that was very nice. I got along with him really well and he wasn't a mean person. I always laughed and joked around with my co-workers but I did my work seriously at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was were the people there.
Pros
provided meals
Cons
mandatory sundays and the amount of pay.
Ummm....Horrible
Minion (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhioSeptember 23, 2014
Looks like most of the reviews here are hourly workers. Fortunately for the most part GOJO takes care of these employees... because they have to. As far as professionals...horrible, especially in the supply chain. I worked in the plant for a number of years and I hated every minute of my time there. Let me quickly sum it up: Incompetent command and control leaders, finger pointing, backstabbing culture, no career development at all, lame HR, high turnover, high stress. Look at the reviews on Glassdoor if you need more convincing. Good luck if you get a job there
Pros
free p, b, & j sandwiches
Cons
working there....period.
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223August 19, 2014
A typical day at work I worked on a production line in packaging. I learned how to work fast and efficiently, there wasn't any part of my job that made it hard I learned very quickly, and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my crew.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
they treat you like slaves.
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  stow, ohAugust 15, 2014
i've learned that there many ways to stack cases, management was very understanding and instructions were clear, co-workers are nice and everyone worked together and helped out each other. the most enjoyable part of the job was that every 3 or four months, there would be an employee giveaway sale from plant made products.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
n/a
Consistent workplace filled with fun, and learning.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 11, 2014
Just interacting with the children, and making a difference to at least one child was a wonderful feeling.
Very easy going workplace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 20, 2013
I didn't like all of the problems from all of the young people working there everyone had attitudes. But overall it is a very good workplace.
Pros
very good money, paycheck every week on friday.
Cons
very bad attitudes
My experience as an employee
Production associate/Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 7, 2013
Excellent work environment. Great management with long term employees. Some challenges with learning new production lines. Overall, it was a pleasant work place, which was excellent in safety of all employees.
Pros
free coffee, pop, limited food supplies
Cons
short breaks
productive and work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 9, 2013
well i get thier an hour early ever day to find out were i was working get everything i would need that day to accomplish my job duties for the day on what ever line im working that month..a real oppurtuinty
Pros
free peanut-butter & jelly sandwiches, milk, they really take care of thier employees
Good to work at but must have speed on Assembly line
Assembly and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls Akron OHAugust 18, 2013
Staff co-operative and helpful. Nice to work for. Company distributes free soap products to emplyees
Pros
free breakfast -milk cereal, tea coffee and bread
Cons
hiring through temp agency only
Great Place to Work
Global Sourcing Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 29, 2013
Fast paced job that requires management of stressful situations. Obtained all global sourcing skills from GOJO.
Pros
company that cares
Cons
culture

Comment – June 11, 2013

This place is a terrible place to work. The culture is horrible with long term employees ruling the roost. Also managers have way to much power, they lie and HR excepts their lies with no proof.

Productive environment with opportunities to gain knowledge in other areas
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 28, 2012
2nd shift is from 3pm to 11pm, we are told which section to work in for the night. In that section we are to choose our own positions. 20 minute breaks every 3 1/2 hours. Most of my co-worker are foreign and friendly, the supervisors are easy to deal with as well. There was nothing really difficult about the job and the enjoyable part was being able to pick my own position of the night, working for a variety of people consistently.
Pros
good pay, good number of hours
Cons
getting laid off
it was a good experience but unable to maintain stable life due too constant lay-offs
Packager (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 27, 2012
i wouldnt go back unless it was a permenant position. constant lay-offs where overwhelming for those who valued what that did as employees.
It was a good place to work
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stow OhioAugust 23, 2012
One of the better companies to work for. i manage the flow of work to the dock and out the door to our customers. we ship about 85,000 cases of product a day.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Rep, Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 10, 2012
i loved working at gojos that was my very first job i have learned alot they treated us real good
Pros
they gave us free lunches, etc.