Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

very fast paced and demanding
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXFebruary 28, 2017
i enjoy helping people achieve there goals helping them get healthy and making them happy i was upset that the company closed down ...........................
Pros
loved the job
Cons
they closed down
Exciting and unpredictable
Personal Trainer/Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Golds Gym was a great experience. straight out of college, coming into a competitive environment such as Golds was overwhelming at first but eventually the staff and other trainers there really make you feel at home.
not good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TX 77339February 27, 2017
pay was horrible we were in charge of everything and got no credit or respect would not recommend to anyone in the future stay away
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Loved working here. Grew with the company and learned sales practices and skills. Learned how to mange staff and train and develop new employees. Loved creating relationships and connections with members.
Fun place to help people
Front desk lead (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Great way to get customer service experience. Front desk is great for learning how to handle multiple duties and multitask. Trainers are very knowledgeable and know how to help clients reach goals.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Day to day functions include answering phones, checking in customers, taking customer payments, organizing weights.
I honestly cant tell you a hard part about the job, its simple to be quit honest. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. Management was decent. It was not the best, alot of favoritism and unfairness
Pros
free membership
Cons
very short breaks, no insurance, low pay, long hours
Sales driven job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Typical day consist of clocking in and getting your leads and sales needed for the day. Big on Sales cycle. Management pushes for teams to hit goal on a daily basis.
Cons
no work life balance
Fun workplace but unproductive and irresponsible.
Kids Club Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
The managers at my gym have not always been helpful, and are very unproductive in my experiences. While the workplace is very fun and energized, little gets done; more talking than doing. Also, pay is minimal with a cut budget.
Pros
Free membership, benefits, Omni hotel discounts.
Cons
Short break or none at all, poor management, pay.
Kids Care
Kids Care worker (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Gold's was a fairly easy job since we were not a registered kids care we were not allowed to do much so a typical day was clocking in greeting parents and making sure their little ones stayed safe while they exercised for 2 hours at the most.
Fun place to work if that is your lifestyle
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Golds Gym is the Mecca of the fitness world. Every Golds offers the latest and greatest of everything. The latest trends in fitness, classes, nutrition, personal training, the most modern equipment- it's all there. Golds also can offer very competitive rates as they are an international chain and the capital of everything that is fitness
Pros
See above
Cons
Can be intimidating to some
Depends on the Management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I had both good and bad experiences working for Gold's Gym. The first wave of managers turned out great, the second awful, and the third great. So I'd say it was an alright experience overall. I did meet a lot of friends and developed relationships that I still have to this day.
A Career with Gold's Gym
Fitness Consultant (Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work as a Sales Associate at Gold's Gym includes making an average of fifty calls, writing and sending emails, answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, tracking member files, communicating face to face with prospective members, selling memberships, billing and taking payments, account reconciliation, and constructing the end of day report.

With this job I've truly learned how to handle every situation having to do with customer service, what it's like to work for a corporate company, how to effectively manage my time and get things done, sales ques, and patience.

I am a huge fan of all management within Gold's Gym, they are incredible people to work for. Managers are always understanding and willing to help.

The hardest part of my job is not getting through to someone I know I could help significantly.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and helping them the best way I know how. I can also say with all honesty that I enjoy working alongside all of my co workers.
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Cons
Schedule, pay
The best job i ever have had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 21, 2017
It was my first job. I loved working the front desk. being the first and last impression of the gym everyday. you build relationships with the members.
Pros
free membership
Cons
not enough hours
Not ideal job
FC (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2017
Worked there for several years, excelled in all areas of my job, and well touted for doing so. Never considered for advancement or promotion of any kind, although others came in and were promoted in under a year for being slightly better than average at their jobs ( if that). Company works on a buddy system, and if you're not in the "In" crowd you'll never break even here. Pay is minimal at best and annual raises are a joke.
Productive and good environment
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75080February 19, 2017
The members made a typical work day even better because they're so friendly and so sweet. I developed my communication skills and my customer service skills further by working here at Gold's Gym. Management was good and very understanding for most of the time, it's a very fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain to members what's wrong with their accounts as they're upset at you for something you can't control. The most enjoyable part of the job is the members by far, seeing them succeed and becoming a better them.
Pros
Paid time off, healthcare, flexible
Cons
Opening
Gold's Gym
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAFebruary 17, 2017
My typical work day consists of me doing anything I can to make my team and company successful. Being a manager does not mean I am simply studying number and reports. I am developing my team so they are successful in their positions, handling customer care issues, maintaining the facility, managing my own sales, and creating game plans for my team to achieve and surpass company targets. I have learned to not just be a manager but to be a leader. I have learned what makes people want to follow another versus do a task simply because they were told to. The hardest part of the job is how the company makes employees feel. There is a large amount of employees, myself included, that do not feel appreciated and overworked. With that being said the best part of my job is the gym level employees. We all deal with the same struggles at the gym and really work to build each other up and create a positive team environment. I truly enjoy my peers and the work they dedicate to the gym.
Pros
401k, partial insurance, 80hr PTO, closed Christmas day
Cons
working holidays, inconsistent pay, unclear pay, rotating hour, split days off
Management is terrible
Customer Care Representative II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The management for Gold's Gym customer care is terrible, they pick and choose who the rules apply to, you have to be a relative or best friend in order to be treated fairly. When you send a complaint to HR they "investigate" (yeah, right) and after their investigation is when the nit picking begin and they attempt to do all in their power to get you fired. The benefits and pay could be a lot better for the job or jobs you're required to do. They hire you with a job description of one thing and then have you doing jobs of other departments, and when confronted, they state that your "job" is to assist and be a "team player."
Pros
Great Scheduling
Cons
Pay and Management
Great work atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Always enjoy working and engaging with fellow employees and members who share the common passion for fitness. I had the opportunity to advance into sales with Gold's but I was offered a job with the City of Austin. I still wanted to stay with the gym so I decided to just work part time as a front desk associate and work full time for the city.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
minimum wage
Fun desirable workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Good job to start out as a personal trainer. Gives you the chance to work with the general public to understand the basics of what you will be dealing with later in your care
Pros
free membership
Cons
sales quotas
A very productive place to work, and fun friendly enviroment
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Well Golds Gym is a very good job to work at. The enviroment at the gym is fun and friendly. the boss is great. hardest part of the job for me was learning how to multi task and not to be nervous when the gym gets busy. but I'm thankful because i learned a lot from this job.
Pros
Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9