Gold's Gym

Gold's Gym Employer Reviews

can be an ok starter job
Program Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: promotes health and fitness
Cons: profit from selling unsafe products outweighs concern for client needs
valuable skills can be acquired if new to work environment, definitely not a career. Immature and incompetent management staff. Extremely high turnover rate, low pay.
Full service fitness facility
Physical Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2015
I am a certified personal trainer, group fitness instructor and fitness nutrition specialist with 14 years’ experience. Specializing in corrective exercise, sports conditioning, functional movement, core stabilization, balance and coordination. Designed and implemented effective personalized one-on-one exercise programs for a variety of
client goals. I am a coach, mentor, advisor and confidant.
Great place and fun to work in.
Daycare Assistant (Current Employee), Edgewood, NYJanuary 21, 2015
My day at work is pretty easy everyday kids come in and they are all so cute, I already know all of them because they come in every other day. My co workers are fun to work with and they all are nice and friendly. My hardest part of my job is to clean up all the toys but at the same time is easy. I just love working with kids and I love my job.
fittness room was a closed setting
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Charles Town, West VirginiaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free membership to the gym
Cons: that you only taught once a day unless you subbed for someone
A typical day at work consisted of my teaching a zumba class for an hour making sure the environment and techniques were safe for all participants. I learned how to make someone feel asthough they accomplished a goal through exercise and fitness but most of all by having fun. Our managemen team was great and they allowed us to have limited supervision. My co-workers and I tag teamed alot to enhance each others classes and also just to support one another. The hardest part of the day I would say would be when the classes were over! and the most enjoyable was when I was teaching people of all ages and nationalities.
Excellent Workplace
Front Desk (Former Employee), Building EnteranceJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free access to gym, sauna, other locations, also guest passes for friends to join you!
My time at Gold's Gym was a fun and exciting . As I was working so closley with the personal trainers, I learned so much I might have never learned before. Great team and leadership in this place!
fun place to work
Membership Sales (Former Employee), Bothell, waJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: sales requirements
You help people become physically active, You learn a lot of people skills. Management can be hard on you as it is a sales job. Co-workers are awesome and help the day fly by! The hardest part is not getting sales. The best part is making commission while helping people make healthy decisions.
Great environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free membership, meeting great people
Cons: no benefits, the pay, no room for improvement
It's great as far as meeting new people and it's definitely not a very stressful job but management sucked and just saw clients as money instead of actually trying to help them out. They pretend like they care for employees but they don't give any raises and it's nothing but drama.
Great Company, Great Goals
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax Station, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free uniform, staff that works to help one another, free membership and possibility for internal growth
Cons: management is power hungry and condescending; views physical appearance over personal abilities
Great company and great business plan, the employees get along well together, however some members of upper management can be condescending, demeaning and sexist .
Great Work environment.
General Manager/Sales/Training (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great environment and members
Cons: long hours. no room for advancement.
Go over Production. Identify if any part needs special attention to obtain the Goals.
Over see Gym training and sales.
Best part was helping Members reach there goals and set new Goals.
Worst part was very long hours 6 days a week.
Supportive and positive work environment
Daycare Employee (Current Employee), Teterboro, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free membership
- Watch kids in daycare to ensure safety while parents are exercising

- I've learned patience, tolerance, spirit, and kindness from children of all ages.

- My co-workers are all fun and easy-going people, and are always willing to help other employees.

- The hardest part of the job is being overwhelmed with trying to watch every child and ensure a fun, safe environment for everyone at the same time.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the children. Children have beautiful spirits that are pure and untainted. It's nice to be around that and be a "kid" with them for a few hours a day.
Everyday is different at Gold's Gym
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: there's currently no "corporate" locations in florida.
The best thing about my job at Gold's Gym is that I go work everyday knowing that I'm there to help change peoples lives. That's a great feeling and I genuinely believe that's my responsibility.

I'm a mentor for both my members and employees. My team motivates each other to motivate our members/customers to achieve their goals.

There's major opportunity to advance due to aggressive grow within the company and there are many educational opportunity to grow your personal skill sets and talents.

The toughest thing about the job is seeing people give up on their goals.
Productive great place
Front Desk Associate/Porter (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 4, 2015
It was a great place to work, met nice people would work here again if ever in life given the opportunity just a wonderful experience that I will never forget
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great pay, great owners, great facilties, integrity
Cons: hours
Gold's Gym SoCal Group is a $60,000,000.00 company. 12 wonderful facilities. Great place for advancement and long lasting career. In charge of all sales and marketing. Would travel different locations working hand and hand with general managers implementing sales and marketing strategies. Owner's of company were great people, and couldn't ask for more. The hardest part of the job I would say would be working six days a week and most days bringing your work home with you. Meeting exciting people in the fitness industry on a daily basis
productive competitive workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free membership, great knowledge of fitness field and various marketing stratergies
Each day came with new challenges that were met by being familiar with company products and customer/consumer needs.
The hardest part of the job or any job is seeing the consumer walk away disappointed.
I learned that management isn't always about running a team its about leading by example showing employees how to directly approach each challenge in a sensitive and positive manner.
Management?
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Kennewick, WADecember 20, 2014
Pros: freedom and free membership
Cons: unstable income
At my location, the Management was non existent. No direction, no instructions, they just want us to make money but didn't offer suggestions on how.
Great workplace, fast-paced environment, odd work hours
Fitness Consultant, Night manager (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free membership, great co-workers, flexible hours
Cons: long shifts, sub-standard commissions and pay
A typical day at work involved answering phones, helping customers with any questions they had about the facility, running errands, signing guests up for memberships and cleaning the gym. The job was fast-paced, and I often had multiple goals to complete on any given day, which gave me great insight into multitasking projects. Management was great, with exception to scheduling hours. My co-workers were great people to work with, no complaints. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with irate customers, but talking and associating with many of the gym patrons who came through the facility was easily my favorite part of the position
Good company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commisioned based
Working at Gold's was a really good experience. I spent my day doing something I loved. I really enjoyed the flexible scheduling.
love my job but management suffers
Lead Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, clients, members make that job
Cons: no health care, management is lazy and shady
I love my job as the lead trainer interacting with clients and member throughout the gym. Keeping up with making contacts to keep you're clientele is key in the gym. Very flexible on most case but not when it comes to having an outside life. I worked 75+ hours as a lead trainer with no benefits or salary.
Management was very shady and worked you like a dog. They are lazy and will do anything to get a members money when goals are not met.

I did like the group I work with and the clients/members made the job fun
Overall Great Experience
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), West Covina, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: was able to have my break in the theater room.
Was a good company to work for. I learned a lot in the couple months I worked there. The people were nice, workers were friendly, with a supportive atmosphere.
SorrynotSorry Kid's Club at Marley Station is a hard place to work
Child Care Associate (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDDecember 7, 2014
Pros: children love you
Cons: everything else
Wish this place was a better place to work. Turnover is extremely high. someone quits practically every week. hours are... interesting because it is closed from 1-4 so working 8 hours means coming in at 8 am working 4 hours, leaving and coming back, working again until 8 pm.
They don't care how much you care about the company.
Management and members regularly harass employees.
There is no advancement - not even a raise.
They count minimum wage requirements legally requiring him to give everyone 75 cents more on january 1st as a "raise"
co-workers can be really nice, but there is a lot of drama and gossip, a lot of the staff is still in high school.
any thing you do over the top for the company above and beyond really just gets you in trouble.

1 2 3 4 5

About Gold's Gym

Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the most recognized gym chain in the world with more than 650 locations in – Read more