Gold Coast City Council

Gold Coast City Council Employer Reviews

A very good company to work for
Accounting Officer (Former Employee), Bundall, QLDSeptember 24, 2014
Happy environment and everyone is professional. Very friendly co workers
Good variety of work and basic facilities provided.
Environmental Asset Technical Officer (Former Employee), Gold Coast, QLDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: variety of work and support.
Cons: travel to and from work
Project work was varied and good, the staff were friendly and helpful. In general there was a professional approach to project management and project delivery.
Kitchens were provided and street parking was free.
Varying work with constant challenges
Civil Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Gold CoastFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: job security, good remuneration
Cons: being on call for storm damage etc.
Excellent machinery & operators, staff knowledgable & on the whole hard working. Good back up from management and engineers. WH&S ethos sound and practical. Enviromental practices first class. On-going training of all staff considered important and made available.
Worked mainly six day weeks (all RDOs, Sat till 1-00pm).
Started as Concrete Finisher – more... and was trained up to Supervisor with up to 45 staff spread over 3 crews.
Occasional difficulties with beauracracy in decision making specially when design alterations required.
Most enjoyable part of job was seeing competed projects and having the knowledge that they were built to the highest possible standard and that there would be no returning to do patch up work. – less
Good team and Supervisors
Mobile Plant Operator (Former Employee), Southport DepotOctober 7, 2013
Pros: not labour intensive, pay rate
Cons: night shift work
Good job, need to be alert for public personel and for vehicle traffic given that it was night shift work. Good team leaders and a good team to work with.
Excavator Operator
Excavator Operator (Current Employee), Gold Coast City Council QueenlandAugust 7, 2013
I'm a Excavator Operator in the Stapylton Landfill I load truck and I do landscape all around the Landfill
responsible job
TEMP (Former Employee), Gold CoastJuly 2, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: plenty abuse
Enjoyed working at the Council with great team work and good future prospects
fun place and happy people !
pool lifeguard (Current Employee), gold coast - marine preFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: standing in the rain at times
Supervising water safety to the general public, performing fist aid , and assisting and directing public to swim areas , water testing 5 times a day.

I work with 16 co workers who are all helpful and we have fun, the hardest part of the role is some labouring and moving 50 meter pool into a 25 meter pool.

The most fun is jumping in the water after – more... a shift.

I have learned to be polite and considerate to the public. – less
Interacting with the public,maintaining all areas are clean and hygenic at all times.
cleaner/public servant (Former Employee), broadbeach gold coastApril 22, 2012
Pros: working outside in the beautiful weather.
Cons: not challenging enough
I was employed with the goldcoast city council as a casual through an employment agency.This position was for approx 6months, I enjoyed this role located in broadbeach and worked unsupervised for 3 days of the week, always ensuring my work was complete. Gained relations with many people who worked in and around the oasis centre ,broadbeach cbd,I enjoyed – more... this role assisting the public in a friendly and proffestional manner. – less

About Gold Coast City Council

Gold Coast City Council is the local government entity located on Australia's eastern seaboard. A gateway to the Great Barrier – Read more