Historic Gold Hill Hotel, Gold Hill, Nevada
The Gold Hill Hotel is a picturesque Country Inn located in Gold Hill, Nevada one mile South of Virginia City in the Comstock Historic District. It is the oldest hotel in Nevada and offers guests facilities in the original 1861 stone structure. In 1987 an addition and several separate historic buildings were added. Each room features a private bath and is uniquely decorated in period style with antiques and reproduction. The on-site Crown Point Restaurant provides casual and fine-dining and the Gold Hill Saloon provides guests with a rustic environment to relax and unwind.
The facility is easily accessible from Dayton, Mound House and Carson City via US 50 and State Routes 341 and 342 and from Reno via State Routes 341 and 342.
Bartender/Server: Ensures customer satisfaction by providing a pleasant bar and dining experience.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Understands government alcoholic beverage service regulations, understand government health and hotel of food service regulations. Check IDs to ensure minimum age requirements are met.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by following sanitation standards and procedures in order to comply with legal regulations and best practices.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customer’s excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, ordering a taxi or encouraging the rental of a hotel room.
- Serves meals and or drinks to patrons in the bar or dining room, working in formal setting: Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering questions regarding food preparation
- Become an advocate for the Comstock Brand, including being familiar with the history of the Gold Hill Hotel, the community of Gold Hill and tourism and related activities in the Comstock Historic District by sharing this information with Hotel guest.
- Must have bar and restaurant experience.
- Have a pleasant and polite manner for dealing with the public as well as staff.
- Flexibility with work schedules and the ability to work on weekends and holidays. Be able and willing to work shifts in both the bar and restaurant.
- Ability to work as an active member of a team.
- Ability to resolve conflicts with a calm and professional demeanor.
- Work in a fast-paced, stressful environment. A bartender/server must possess the ability to multi-task
- Must possess the ability to stand for an extended period of time. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- All candidates must pass a drug test.
- Must have knowledge of mixed drinks as well as wines.
- Knowledge of Aloha P.O.S. System
- Experience with bar inventory
- Knowledge of building and maintaining a wood fire
Indeed - 15 months ago