Gold Key Resorts Employee Reviews

Doesn't feel like work :)
manager (Former Employee) –  Va BeacgJuly 19, 2016
As a former manager at OBC- Began without any knowledge of timeshare. Was trained by the best and every day was the best vacation day ever but at work. Doesn't feel like work when you love what you do. It's a pleasure and reward to live thru the eyes and time of others who chose our wonderful property to spend their vacation time. They could have gone anywhere and they chose us. Miss it, loved being there and was able to appreciate our wonderful Va Beach Resort area from a different perspective.
Pros
the fast passed energy of first time guest
Cons
Long hours as a manager. Scheduling balance budget and labor. but had to be done
Worst company I ever worked for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 30, 2016
My typical day was getting to work at 7am so I could attempt to complete the ridiculous and redundant paperwork that must be completed by 10 am daily. Attend managers meeting to discuss last minute issues. conduct daily staff meeting and hand out assignments. Hardest part of the job was the constant changes made by people that don't know the individual jobs really as well as the completing an insane amount of paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job was most of the fellow department heads who were trying to act as a team. The corporate management / executive structure is terrible. They lie to managers in the hotels on a daily basis. The worst part is - the managers don't know that they are being lied to and unsuspectingly lie to their staff. Then, when things do not go as promised - the line staff thinks the managers are a bunch of liars. Corporate manages by intimidation and fear. There is no training provided upon initial hire or anytime after when a new policy is implemented. Corporate people do not have a hotel background and really do not understand operations on any level. They sit in their beautiful offices down the street and try to hand out SOP's that don't make sense. When you try to explain why it won't work - they basically tell you that you are stupid and they did the work on paper and it makes sense. However no thought is given to the fact that in the hotel world - a lot of times things do not go as planned. People are late, maintenance issues happen, reservations are made incorrectly, guests were sold a load of dreams that do not exist. The worst  more... company to work for  less
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Having been hired
productive and professional work enviorment
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day includes performing job duties and interacting with the guest. I learned from my experiences customer service skills, cooking techniques and how to serve food in an outside setting. My management was professional and provided excellent guidance.
Pros
kind co wokers
Cons
late hrs
Gold Key
TRADE SHOW ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2016
The job at Gold Key for the most part is a pretty good job. It all depends on what department you want to go into. I was a tradeshow associate and it allowed me to travel to new places and see new people.
Dynamic, exciting and fast paced work place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2015
Challenging but exciting work place filled with unlimited career advancement. Completely focused on staff training and development, this company provides knowledge and skills that create managers that are not only dedicated but are at the top of their league. Most of the companies advancement opportunities are from in house staff. It has been an honor to work and grow along with Gold Key/PHR.
Application Development Integrator (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachSeptember 12, 2015
Great place to work with outstanding leadership. Executive team is top notch and give 110% of themselves to the company. Continuing to grow in all aspects with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
Very productive and professional.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2015
This is my hands down favorite job. I love working with people and the sales side of the job was challenging and kept me wanting to be a better sales rep. Everyone I worked with were great and my pay was more than except-able.
Not Too Shabby
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2015
My tenure with Golkey/PHR, Inc. was amazing. There are wonderful people throughout the organization and the work culture is close-knit. It was at this company that I made lifelong friends of which I am grateful.
Pros
Great work culture
very fun place to work
OPC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2015
this was a straight commision job for the most part, it was a very fun company to work for and I had very fun co-workers. We sat in vacation information booths on the beach helping tourists find things to do at the beach. we made $50 for every married couple we could get to go on a timeshare tour of a five star rtesort. It was easy and fun.
Pros
a lot of time outside in the sun
Cons
straight commision
Excellent Company all the way around. Nothing bad to say, only the best things to say about Gold Key and its culture, employees and future.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2014
My typical day involved meeting in the am with management and other co-workers to discuss our goals and objectives for the upcoming day, as well as, inform all employees of activities, events and attractions that we needed to be aware of in the surrounding area of Virginia Beach. Next, I would report to the designated resort that I was assigned to/scheduled to be at post as 'concierge'. I would be as courteous, congenial and professional as possible to guests and fellow employees of the resort. After guests completed the check in process, they were directed to my desk upon which I would guest service by answering any and all questions they may have regarding restaurant recommendations, activities and events in the area. Next, I would solicit and invite qualified guests to take a timeshare presentation and tour of one of our resorts. Calling rooms and approaching guests were ways of getting potential tours to our sales department.
Pros
relaxed inviting atmosphere. interaction with people from all over the world that were on vacation.
Poor culture and leadership
Managment (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachOctober 3, 2014
Management through intimidation and weak leadership skills.
Pros
some very nice co-workers
Cons
poor leadership
Rigid Routine.
Owner Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 13, 2014
A typical day in the office would include following a routine schedule of updating reports. Occassionally I would be called upon from other superiors to help in different departments.
OPC Gold Key resorts
Resort Marketing Associate/OPC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaMarch 10, 2014
The typical day as an OPC for Gold Key Resorts Consisted of starting out each shift with a motivational meeting to get us pumped for the the day. We then would leave go to our designated location where we would try to stop and persuade Virginia Beach vacationers to attend a 90 minute resort timeshare presentation with the incentive of free gifts such as vacation getaways, free dinners or, local attraction tickets. We received compensation based on a sliding scale for each qualified couple we booked. the more couples you booked by the end of the week the more each couple was worth. You also received more pay if the family bought a timeshare. At the end of the day we would come back to the office for a post shift were some of the challenges of the day were discussed, production was addressed, and top producers were recognized. The job has perks like vacation getaway SPIF top performers monthly SPIF like party buses to Bush Gardens, baseball games, and even comedy shows. The downside is the job can be stressful, if production isn't met there's yelling and cursing, I've seen a manager throw their cell phone across the room while yelling at the group in rage. But all in all Gold Key has a great management team willing to work with you and help you however they can, and a decent pay plan not as good as other timeshare companies but the track it self is pretty easy to work.
Pros
flexible working hours, healthcare, paid time off, work at the beach
Cons
sometimes stressful
Decent company, bad position
Security (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachJanuary 22, 2014
Worked there for just under a year. The company as a whole is not too bad but this position. The term security is used very loosely. More of a garage attendant than anything. Underpaid with high expectations for what should be a simple job. Management/Supervisors tend to make it a lot harder than it should be by nitpicking because the job itself is so unnecessary.
Cons
inconsistent hours, irrational management
fun place to work very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 21, 2013
Sales meeting in the morning
prepare your paperwork
meet the customers
tour
discuss prices for condos
make the sale
Pros
free lunches, discounts at our restaurants
Cons
waiting for next sale
Relaxed
Contract Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2013
Sometimes long working hours but compensational. Family environment. Not always steady work.
Great compensation, Very poor job security
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)August 14, 2012
I enjoyed my time working at Gold Key. I worked as a part of the promotions team within the call center. The base pay was great and the commission would sometimes double my pay check. My coworkers were nice except a select few, but the managment could have used some work. It would have been nice to have been heard more from managment concerning problems we were having making goals since WE were the ones on the phones not them. The work was easy espeically considering the compensation, the hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with rejection from customers and the fact that not meeting goals meant losing your job.
Pros
pay $$$$
Cons
no job security in certain positions
great place to learn sales skills and to be very productive.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2012
team meetings
I learned that people want to be loved and respected by their families.
The management was great and constantly taught us how to always study our sales guide.
seasonal
wining prizes for top sales.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
seasonal
Great sales and marketing corporation in a team based enivronment.
Off Property Contact (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2012
Position requiring the ability to communicate with people to meet production and surpass production goals and budgets.
A marginal place to work.
Central Contract Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2012
Gold key is a relaxed environment to work in. A typical day starts from 12-close. Closing could mean anywhere from 7p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Anyone seeking overtime can benefit from these long hours. The day consists of filing, creating contracts for the point of sale, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
really long work days. not a typical 8 hour day.

Gold Key Resorts Reviews by Location