Gold Key Resorts

Gold Key Resorts Employee Reviews

very fun place to work
OPC (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: a lot of time outside in the sun
Cons: straight commision
this was a straight commision job for the most part, it was a very fun company to work for and I had very fun co-workers. We sat in vacation information booths on the beach helping tourists find things to do at the beach. we made $50 for every married couple we could get to go on a timeshare tour of a five star rtesort. It was easy and fun.
Excellent Company all the way around. Nothing bad to say, only the best things to say about Gold Key and its culture, employees and future.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2014
Pros: relaxed inviting atmosphere. interaction with people from all over the world that were on vacation.
My typical day involved meeting in the am with management and other co-workers to discuss our goals and objectives for the upcoming day, as well as, inform all employees of activities, events and attractions that we needed to be aware of in the surrounding area of Virginia Beach. Next, I would report to the designated resort that I was assigned to/scheduled to be at post as 'concierge'. I would be as courteous, congenial and professional as possible to guests and fellow employees of the resort. After guests completed the check in process, they were directed to my desk upon which I would guest service by answering any and all questions they may have regarding restaurant recommendations, activities and events in the area. Next, I would solicit and invite qualified guests to take a timeshare presentation and tour of one of our resorts. Calling rooms and approaching guests were ways of getting potential tours to our sales department.
Poor culture and leadership
Managment (Former Employee), Virginia BeachOctober 3, 2014
Pros: some very nice co-workers
Cons: poor leadership
Management through intimidation and weak leadership skills.
Rigid Routine.
Owner Services Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
A typical day in the office would include following a routine schedule of updating reports. Occassionally I would be called upon from other superiors to help in different departments.
OPC Gold Key resorts
Resort Marketing Associate/OPC (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, healthcare, paid time off, work at the beach
Cons: sometimes stressful
The typical day as an OPC for Gold Key Resorts Consisted of starting out each shift with a motivational meeting to get us pumped for the the day. We then would leave go to our designated location where we would try to stop and persuade Virginia Beach vacationers to attend a 90 minute resort timeshare presentation with the incentive of free gifts such as vacation getaways, free dinners or, local attraction tickets. We received compensation based on a sliding scale for each qualified couple we booked. the more couples you booked by the end of the week the more each couple was worth. You also received more pay if the family bought a timeshare. At the end of the day we would come back to the office for a post shift were some of the challenges of the day were discussed, production was addressed, and top producers were recognized. The job has perks like vacation getaway SPIF top performers monthly SPIF like party buses to Bush Gardens, baseball games, and even comedy shows. The downside is the job can be stressful, if production isn't met there's yelling and cursing, I've seen a manager throw their cell phone across the room while yelling at the group in rage. But all in all Gold Key has a great management team willing to work with you and help you however they can, and a decent pay plan not as good as other timeshare companies but the track it self is pretty easy to work.
Decent company, bad position
Security (Former Employee), Virginia BeachJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: inconsistent hours, irrational management
Worked there for just under a year. The company as a whole is not too bad but this position. The term security is used very loosely. More of a garage attendant than anything. Underpaid with high expectations for what should be a simple job. Management/Supervisors tend to make it a lot harder than it should be by nitpicking because the job itself is so unnecessary.
fun place to work very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, discounts at our restaurants
Cons: waiting for next sale
Sales meeting in the morning
prepare your paperwork
meet the customers
tour
discuss prices for condos
make the sale
Relaxed
Contract Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2013
Sometimes long working hours but compensational. Family environment. Not always steady work.
Great compensation, Very poor job security
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)August 14, 2012
Pros: pay $$$$
Cons: no job security in certain positions
I enjoyed my time working at Gold Key. I worked as a part of the promotions team within the call center. The base pay was great and the commission would sometimes double my pay check. My coworkers were nice except a select few, but the managment could have used some work. It would have been nice to have been heard more from managment concerning problems we were having making goals since WE were the ones on the phones not them. The work was easy espeically considering the compensation, the hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with rejection from customers and the fact that not meeting goals meant losing your job.
great place to learn sales skills and to be very productive.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: seasonal
team meetings
I learned that people want to be loved and respected by their families.
The management was great and constantly taught us how to always study our sales guide.
seasonal
wining prizes for top sales.
Great sales and marketing corporation in a team based enivronment.
Off Property Contact (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2012
Position requiring the ability to communicate with people to meet production and surpass production goals and budgets.
A marginal place to work.
Central Contract Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2012
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: really long work days. not a typical 8 hour day.
Gold key is a relaxed environment to work in. A typical day starts from 12-close. Closing could mean anywhere from 7p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Anyone seeking overtime can benefit from these long hours. The day consists of filing, creating contracts for the point of sale, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
great professional people fun atmosphere
In-house Concierge (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2012
Pros: talked to people, great people to work for
Cons: i had a hard time meeting the demand for timeshare tours
They are very particular about people being on time. You start everyday with motivating speech and our goals for that day. After every shift you had a post shift to turn in whatever paper work if any. I learned the best ways of conversing with people. The training was some of the best training I've seen. They help each other and have a very family oriented feel. The hardest thing about the job was to get people to go on a timeshare presentation while on vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with people and getting to know them.

Gold Key Resorts Salaries