Gold Mountain Communications

Gold Mountain Communications Employer Reviews

Awful place to work--BEWARE!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 28, 2014
I worked there for a year on the Hilton inbound campaign. Calls were inbound but mostly cold--in other words, you had to hard sell each and every call. All you're doing is schmoozing Hilton customers into buying vacation packages (you can find a better deal online at Hilton.com), on which they are required to take a timeshare tour. And the management – more... at GMC don't care how you get their credit card so long as you get it.

Pay starts at $9.50/hr and there are no raises unless you promote. The rest of your income is 100% reliant on commission, and yes, you CAN make a ton of money their if you can sell ice to an Eskimo.

Favoritism is rampant among management, as is sexual harassment. There is no HR department, so anything they say goes. Everyone smokes, so be prepared to pick up a dirty habit or never quit. Wanting a good work/life balance? Forget about it. Yes, shifts are only 7 hour days, 5 days a week, but you'll never get much PTO at all, there are virtually no benefits, and one of your days off you have to call in on to "see if call volume requires more staff." Typically if you're a favorite you'll always get the day off, though.

Also, they hire anyone. ANYONE.
Take it from me. I was there a year. Beware. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace. Very Supportive and Motivational.
Call Compliance (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 12, 2013
Pros: willing to help each other, enthusiastic, supportive
Cons: n/a
This establishment was a very fun and energetic workplace. I would go to work and make sure I had a drink ready because luckily they did have vending machine for our use. Managers would motivate us and get our team "pumped" for a good and productive night at work. Of course we would have our good and bad days, if a Manager saw that you were having a – more... rough night then they would pull you aside and try to get your head back in the game. I loved working with the Managers and employees. – less
Horrible
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 5, 2013
The whole place was awful and should not exist. The only good thing was that the people working there were mostly nice, but they are just getting every bit of bad business put on them.
Unethical work practices very unprofessional
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 15, 2013
Cons: all aspects of the company
This company has poor training, unethical work practices, and a horrible working atmosphere! They want you to lie to callers to sell their product and then they cheat you out of your bonuses and incentives. Your work environment is so loud you can't hear the callers, the supervisors are yelling at you and the music is turned up to the point it is impossible – more... to concentrate. – less
great job, horrible managment
Sales Representitive (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 12, 2012
Pros: benifits, easy commission, flexable shirts, sign on bonus
Cons: management is horrible
i loved the people i worked with, the location of the company, the actual job and the training. My supervisor on the other hand was a horrible person.

YourFirstName – March 8, 2013

Horrible how? Were others better?