GOLD STRIKE CASINO Employee Reviews

Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMay 20, 2017
I love working has a audit clerk,the people I was working with was very friendly,and nice to work with until they start change all the manager it was not fun then.
Productive work place with fitness courses.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMay 18, 2017
I loved working at GS. I love the positive and friendly workers with smiling faces as I walk thru the doors. Positive minds that it will be a good day and that we have satisfy the customers with out work as they stayed.
Pros
Free lunches etc
Cons
One hour breaks
It's a very good company, but management is not the best!
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 27, 2017
Great company but bad management! If upper Management have knowledge of any problems there isn't anything said or done! They rather the problem erupts before anything is done about it and anyone who not UPPER MANAGEMENT is to take the blame for all problems..this is not a good place to work if you're contemplating long term. The best thing to do if you are hired here is to write down everything that goes on (not that it's gonna do any good) maybe one day someone other than upper Management will see what's going on.
Pros
Great Pay & Free Lunches
Cons
Benefits are not good because hardly any Doctors accept it & Management SUCKS
Best work experience!
Poker Dealer, Chip Runner (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSApril 25, 2017
Goldstike was by far my best experience in the casino industry. Management was proficient without being overbearing, the room ran seamlessly, and guests-and employees-enjoyed themselves in a fun gaming atmosphere. Employee break room was phenomenal.
Pros
Great scheduling, great lounge, awesome staff.
Cons
Closed poker room.
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 24, 2017
Great place to learn guest service and learn administrative skills. Promotes from within and chance to relocate. Long hours and very demanding. Too much is left to the employee to learn on their own which wastes man hours.
Productive and a fast and fun work place.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMarch 25, 2017
Gold Strike is a great place to start a new career they have position over the US you can apply for they have great benefits,they have a great human resource, and great compensation.
Pros
Free lunch membership to a workout facility
Guest were the main focus
Casino Host Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSFebruary 3, 2017
Worked with guests figuring out if they had enough play to receive complimentary items from the casino. The host department worked together as a team.
n/a
CASHIER/BANKER (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJuly 16, 2016
I have always worked with the public. I enjoy interacting with people from different backgrounds, I have learn that we are all basically the same; we want to be seen and heard and we want to get the know more about the people we meet.

Management has the difficult task of getting to know the job and the personalities of many employees. My heart goes out to them.

I have always gotten along with my co-workers. I get to know them and I respect them for who they are.

The hardest part of any job to me is learning what is expected of me.

The most enjoyable part of a job is mastering the expectations.
Pros
perfect work schedule
Cons
low pay for job done
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJuly 9, 2016
I manage a group of very smart and intelligent individuals that are driven and love what they do. We take of the internal and external guest as well as each other on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
HOSTESS/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were team players all the way. Gold strike has a great management team. The hardest part of the job was the guest because some of them were very rude and blamed us for their lost of income.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
casino
Marketing Constultant (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSNovember 12, 2015
Working at the casino was just something temporary, but I wouldn't recommend nobody making a career out of working there.
Casino Entertainment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSOctober 31, 2015
This was a job that you cam into daily and help cashiers remember their break times, listened to their complaints of wanting to go home early. They stayed busy and made time go by fast for me but overall it was not a bad place to work.
Pros
Free Lunch- Good Training
Cons
smoky enviroment
Had fun working in the casino field and meeting new people
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Tunica,MSSeptember 9, 2015
I've been working in the casino ever since they arrived in Tunica. Very exciting and entertaining job. The casino business allowed lots of opportunities but with the rise of legal gambling in other cities/states the economy has dropped. Less people are visiting our city and there is less of a demand for gambling and/or employment.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
High layoff rate during slow season
to short of a time there to review
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 27, 2015
12 hour days
learned to track progressive machines
management was great
worked with good people
standing 12 hours
the guests
Cons
12 hour work days
this is a great company to work for
Executive Steward (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSJune 9, 2015
management the Steward the department insure all food and beverage outlet have supplies to serve guest proper cleanliness of the back of house and all loading docks payroll forecast and scheduling great team the hard part heat please the guest was the most enjoyable part and working with other departments
Pros
had a chance to taste all type of food from all parts of the world
A great working places
Steward (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 24, 2015
It was busy some day slow some days. I learned how work the machine an also the management was okay at times.The coworkers was great the hardest part of it all was standing on my feet that because I was pregnant but I did it. The enjoyable part of it all was working around customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
30 minute break
GoldStrike
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  1010 casio strip Dr Tunica MSMarch 9, 2015
Gold strike casino was a great casino, but horrible supervisors and management. It was full of senseless drama which made the work day longer and harder. Getting your drink order was an act of god because the bartender would be busy talking; the ice in cups would melt and guests would be angry that it took so long to get back with a drink.
productive and fun work place
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMarch 5, 2015
A typical day depends on the business whether it will be busy or slow. I have learn how to deliver gold service and to be exceptional.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 2, 2014
Great management staff. What I loved about gold strike was the ability to learn new positions and great co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
It was a great place to work. Made wonderful money
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSAugust 10, 2014
I delt all the table games. It required math skills, and you had to be quick on your feet on all the payoffs. The job was not hard at all it required customer service skills, so i delt with all types of personality's. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing people have a good time.
Pros
I made great money and had great insurance.
Cons
There really wasn't any cons. We had to work the holidays, but i didn't mind.