Golden 1 Credit Union

Golden 1 Credit Union Employer Reviews

productive and fast paced
Collector III (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun staff
As much as days were the same, they were different, each day brought its own challenges. Management was great people you could talk to anytime. everyday I would learn something new. it helped me like my job!
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), CaApril 8, 2014
Pros: easy going
Cons: hours
Good place to work, slow paced, not breathing down your back .
A company you can call home.
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee), Fig Garden LoopMarch 17, 2014
At this company a normal day for me includes performing transactions for the members that come in, answering and transferring phone calls, and providing services & products which best suit our members needs. I've learned so much here, including different phone & computer systems. The management and staff are like family, they are supportive and helpful. – more... My job has many challenges, however the hardest part of my job I would have to say is dealing with circumstances which are out of my control for example, being upset at because an individual had caused their account to become overdrawn when it was out of my control. The most enjoyable part would be finding solutions to help them from having these problems again. – less
An opportunity to grow the company to a greater level
Talent Officer (Current Employee), Sacramento CaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: popcorn
Cons: technology
Appreciative for the opportunity. Met some good people and two who were outstanding professionals. Hired at a level lever hired befor and was proud of the positive impact that was made in so many departments and divisions.
Co-workers and VPs wonderful
Executive Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2013
The pay was low even for a contract position, but I enjoyed the VP's that I supported and the co-workers were wonderful.
Work environment
Call Center Support Representative - Email Desk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: a great game/break room
Cons: health care costs
I work with great people that make the day enjoyable and have kept me here for the duration of my career. A typical day at work for me is processing 100+ emails and occasional phone support that includes talking to members of the credit union as well as taking escalated calls from upset members to provide an immediate resolution to their issue.
Great place to work!!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Fair Oaks, CAJune 25, 2013
The managers there are always willing to get you to the next level.
a financial institution with NO CLUE
executive (Current Employee), caMarch 23, 2013
Pros: you can completely abuse management
Cons: being employed by there
The managers here are not supported in anyway. The training is a joke and the regionals have true character issues. It could only be described as a recipe for major hr issues. The pay was a joke and ability to be recognised for a job well done is nonexistent. In my opinion anybody who is not looking for a job and wants a career should stear clear.
#1 Credit Union in California
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: over all a wonderful company to work for.
Cons: no call center in arizona.
I would start my day at 730 am taking incoming calls, going over statements, transfering funds from one account to another, up sales of company products. My supervisor was wonderful and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being about to fully satisfy a member. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make members happy.
Great values
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2013
Its a overall good company. All workers were great to work with and the company cares about its employees
Golden 1 Credit Union is the best Bank ever.
Member Service Repersentative II (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: access to so much information about the banking world, room for advancement
Cons: non-compatible managers (bank managers managing a credit union)
I call it a Bank, because unfortunately for me right upon the start of my employment, the new CEO decide that Golden 1 would gain so much more by acting and applying the sales aspect of the big Banks like BOFA and WF. Sadly for many us tellers, this was a hard adjustment. The reason people love credit unions is for the sole reason that although we have – more... the products available for them to use, we don't hassle them like used car salesmen. Also, sadly the idea of hiring outside formal Bank Managers instead of advancing a qualified Credit Union employee did not make for a great work environment. I loved my co-workers and my members however, and I looked forward to coming to work everyday to say hi to all my favorites. I enjoyed learning about the financial world, laws and regulations. Also how to actually proper bank with your money! The best days where the ones were I came into work, the steady pace of members made the day go by swift, and I balance that night with 100% accuracy, balanced the vault and branch, and said good-night. – less
Great place to learn banking
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: information
Cons: healthcare
I loved working here, I gained most of my loan experience from this credit union.
Structured and large - Golden 1 Credit Union
Client Services Rep (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2012
Pros: good compensation, great benefit package, frequent up training.
Cons: advancement was frequently disscussed, posting out of the call center was difficult, recognition was easliy lost in the size of the company.
As a client service rep , I started my day out and finished mostly the same. Taking inbound calls regarding members concerns. I addressed a wide variety of calls ranging anywhere from a 30 second balance inquiry to a 30 min loan application. The hardest part of the job was catching criminals attempting to defraud the bank with various fishing and scamming – more... techniques. In addition that was also the most enjoyable part of the job because you where able to prevent bank loss and save a credit union member time and frustration. – less
Busy, enjoyable dealing with the public.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 13, 2012
Pros: great hours and easy
Cons: very busy at times and members get mad due to the wait.
Counting cash drawer, starting money orders and cashiers checks. Making sure bank was clean and stations where ready for members to enter.

Learned about IRA's and that there is a lot more to banking than just the simple deposits and withdrawls.

Good team of Managers and supervisiors willing to assist in anything.

Hard working co-workers who made – more... the possition enjoyable.

Balancing drawers, money orders and cashiers checks at the end of the night.

Dealing with the members and getting to know some of them on a more personal level due to seeing them frequently. – less
Member Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Madera, CAMarch 17, 2012
This company has excellent pay, it's one of the highest paying financial institutions I've come across. A pretty good place to work for the most part.

About Golden 1 Credit Union

The Golden 1 Credit Union wants to be the 1. One of the largest credit unions inĀ California, as well as the entireĀ US, the member-owned – Read more