Golden Corral Corporation

Golden Corral Corporation Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,075 reviews
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  4404 Landview StreetSeptember 27, 2016
Working with Golden Corral for 2+ years has been a pleasure. It is a fun place to be where you get to interact with the guest and employees. Management is really laid back and make going to work the best part of the someone's day.
Pros
Meet new people, learn new things and grow as an individual
Cons
Short breaks
very nice place to work for.
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 23, 2016
Nice place to work, Only part time, but time now to move on. Great tips, but not enough hrs offered to employee, , You get a lot of experience meeting different people, from all ages, nationalities, old, young. An you automatic learn an create very good communication skills.
Pros
employees pay for meals
Cons
no healthcare offered with part time.
Management and the coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMSeptember 22, 2016
golden corral is a good place to work the managers are really cool and so are the coworkers. There was never a dull moment working there and many opportunities to move to a different job title.
Fun work environment and fun customers
Waitress/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Made sure the customers had clean plates, drink refills, and anything the needed. Help prepare food to go on the hot bar.
Fun place to work and exciting meet new people.
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 19, 2016
The best part of the job was getting to interact with others and providing them with the best experience possible. It is fun to interact and get to know the people and learn from others. It is also good environment to work hard and independently.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
tips can be inconsistent
Servering my Customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day serveing my customers is great because it ensures their happiness and ensures me that my job is being done correctly. I love seeing my customers happy and are rejoining us.
Pros
Free Lunch and some benefits
Cons
N/A
I love it
Cheif cook (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 18, 2016
I love the work an it was easy learn a lot from the job help out my family the paid was good the hours was great just move to the city
fun free event!
Pointer, Cashier, Line attendant (Current Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 17, 2016
I actually volunteered here it was so fun. I got to interact with customers when they wanted to buy something. I had to know about the products. I got to ring up customers learn the cash register.
Pros
got to see the race for free
Cons
nothing
Golden Corral was an awesome experience the manager Tracy was very nice I worked with you worked with your schedule Ric as well as all the other staff
Food Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock ArkansasSeptember 17, 2016
Typical day at work required opening restaurant doing running side duties closing the bussing pre bussing typical in and out daily functions of restaurant
Pros
managers were all greay, flexable with your needs as much as possible, co workers were awesome, money was great
Cons
customers were very messy at times, rude at times, overall great money, great place to work.
Complete inability
Kitchen Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PASeptember 16, 2016
This company only has one goal and that is the corporate profit. People are not treated well. Managers are poor. Do not choose this company.
Pros
Money will be promised
Cons
Staffing is low, hours are long, managers are not smart
Productive Work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 16, 2016
Fast paste job when busy on the weekends only hardest part of job was keeping the hot foods full and stocked but also a challenging job due to your fast paste
Pros
Half off on lunch & dinner meals
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work, get to meet a bunch of different kind of people and the food is amazing! Always so much to choose from
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOSeptember 16, 2016
Working here has showed me a lot about a bunch of different things. From working to knowing how to deal with different people. Getting to be an impact on someone's life is the greatest feeling. It's always nice to be around people and to hear everybody's story. Definitely would recommend it to people.
friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 14, 2016
friendly and demanding environment fast paced on your toes for all shift busy and the most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy with the quality of the food and work
Pros
friendly
Cons
no benefits
Hard work and fun at times
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 14, 2016
Company allows staff to manage their time well. It's a fun job, people get the chance to grow. But at times they can forget about the people that actually work hard and unappreciate them.
Pros
Allows to improve
Cons
Takes staff for granted
Golden Corral Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKSeptember 13, 2016
Golden Corral is a great company to work for. The environment is clean and well kept. Co-workers are enjoyable to be around and are willing to help. The hardest part of the job is learning to multitask and get everything done in a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people, especially for Veteran's day when all military get to eat free.
Pros
great management, excellent food, clean environment
Cons
short breaks
Could'nt believe some of the goings on in this Comp.
FOH Manager/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2016
this was a franchise not Corp. I cant say any more except that it was unlike any place I have ever worked or care to work again. There was partially to some crew members from other management people they allowed tardiness from some and theft from some and would write others up for it
Pleasant co-workers and okay managers
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day would consist of prepping produce and maintaining the salad bar. I leaned proper measuring and how to use cleaners. Two of the managers are amazing, but one of them plays favorites over ethnicity and will lie to your face when you confront him over what is really going on. Some of the co-worker like to talk negatively about other co-workers, but a few treat you like family. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines for prep and cleaning on extremely busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work alone on most days.
Pros
Free drinks and paying onle 2.38 for a plate of food
Cons
Favoritism, Racial discrimination
Ok
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 7, 2016
The manager I thank a lot for giving me the opportunity to have my first job in high school to purchase the things I needed .The new environment quickly showed me how rapid and uncertain some jobs can be
Good managers, Okay Coworkers
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 6, 2016
Usually have a lot of dishes to do at the end of the night. Customers still in after hours makes it hard for things to get done. Mostly have only one other person to work with even though it requires more hands on deck.
They are very unprofessional
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 5, 2016
Very rude management belittles you it's not clean they are very disrespectful they overwork you and under pay you they're not understanding at all poor company quality

2.9