This is a permanent, part-time position. Interested candidates should include an explanation of how a permanent, part-time position works for their situation.
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Perform highly responsible and complex administrative duties in support of the Law School’s Registrar’s Office.
- Process official forms and letters on behalf of the Law Registrar’s and Student Services’ Offices; including drafting letters, reviewing student files, and tracking all communication in and out of the office.
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, faculty and staff in person, on the phone, and via email; answering complex questions regarding processes, procedures, policies, forms, deadlines, and requirements.
- Manage student records and perform general clerical duties; including copying, faxing, filing, retrieving archived files, distributing mail, posting room change/cancellation notices, and other duties as assigned.
- Identify and resolve independent projects to enhance office appearance and operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Minimum two years related experience.
- Prior experience with diverse populations in an academic environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize simultaneous projects, demonstrate initiative, and exercise professional judgment under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite. Database application and data processing experience preferred.
- Experience handling direct communication with students, patrons, or customers who have complex questions, requests, and concerns.
- Careful attention to detail, including maintaining student records in accordance with Golden Gate University’s strict confidentiality policies.
- This position is not suitable for students currently enrolled at Golden Gate University.
Pay is $17/hour, approximately 20 hours a week.
Please apply through the university's website, under "Office Assistant" position.
Golden Gate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
We at Golden Gate University School of Law believe that law is an honorable and valuable profession worthy of the public trust.