Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,299 reviews matching the search
Golden Living Center
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Golden Living Center is a fast-paced environment with highly unique/lovely people who are perfect to interact with. Golden Living specializes in the care of your loved ones -- management 'chips' in wherever they can to help clients/staff ... ongoing training is focused on heavily [they want to be the best!].
Pros
Golden Living is much more peaceful than other facilities.
Cons
Trying to 'keep pace' prove difficult for me.
Not a good place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
When I first started great but the pay was horrible we really didn't make that much so I had to leave and find me another job to take care of my family
Fast pace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Working in a nursing home gave me a since of enjoyment know I was helping the elder and taking care of their daily needs. It's very fast pace due to the fact that they have a structure life.
Pros
satisfaction of knowing you are helping someone
Cons
very fast pace, low pay, very demanding at times
Fast-paced work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2017
Work as a CNA in this facility is a great way to gain experience, though it could be fast-paced to the point of being overwhelming. This, though, can be true of many medical facilities. The management was very supportive of the staff, including being hands on with help.

The best part of my time and job there were the patients. They really light up your shift.
Golden Living
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, NEAugust 13, 2017
I greatly enjoyed the residents I took care of. I learned how to be patient when I was working in the behavioral unit. I learned about time management and how to chart thoroughly. The workplace at times was less then desirable. Management could stand to be revamped.
Poor place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KSAugust 12, 2017
It was a normal nursing home.. However, it was a very hostile work environment, and I will never go work for them again. There was a incident that happened, and they only listened to e side, not the whole story. Then to top it all off, I got laid off.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
horrible management
Great place to work and i made a lot of great friends
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 11, 2017
There was plenty of hours, overtime and shift bonuses to support a family. I also had great benefits including health, dental, visual and life insurance.
Pros
Bonus for picking up overtime
Cons
Hold over policy
Co workers were great to work with
LPN (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INAugust 11, 2017
I believe that they need to be more fair when it comes to hours worked.. it is not a good job personal life ratio.. I love who i work with. And for the most part great team work.. to me the best thing about working at the building is the people..
Pros
The co workers
Cons
To much mandation
job
Cook/Aide/Assistant Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAAugust 10, 2017
This was my first Assistant Director of Dining Service position. From this position, I was oriented in charting, attending care plans, creating menus for all therapeutic diets.
Fun Place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 10, 2017
I moved to Fort Smith Arkansas as a temporary move, and stayed for 5 years. I loved working in the corporate office as a systems analyst. I learned so many new things with the company. The training I received far surpassed any that I have received on the facility level.
Pros
cafeteria, meeting new people, overall atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 10, 2017
No continuity of management, supplies difficult to obtain, work environment dangerous at times, pay scale marginal at best, housekeeping lacking much of time
Changes every day
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 8, 2017
Company is now Richland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, the staff works 100% to meet the needs of the resident's however, some resident's are not appropriate to be there; no appreciation for the staff
Pros
Fellow employees
Decent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 8, 2017
On a typical day, depending on if they where fully staffed or not, pretty relaxed or extremely stressful. The hardest part, was getting attached to some of the patients and then coming back the next day and them be gone. Another hard part is not having enough staff.
Pros
Relaxed. If you stay on schedule, you can have breaks and go on lunch.
Cons
understaffed
Gone to soon
Ancillary Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 8, 2017
Golden living I will miss working here I love it here this place was home a second family to me, I made so many close friends that I miss dearly, I love the place as a company alone they have always kept they word when it come down to the employees knowing what was going on when they choose to chut the doors
Pros
Fitness center in bulding
Cons
Incentive pay
daily bingo for the resident's in which they loved
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAAugust 7, 2017
daily care assisting resident's with the needs of getting bathed, dressed and feed. I learned how to work as a team and complete tasks in a timely manner. The management was great and was willing to assist when needed. The environment was pleasant and very cheery. The hardest part of the job was dealing with an unco-operative resident not willing to bend for your assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the resident's and making their day.
Pros
Thr pros were being able to get help when needed, for the most part always staffed
Cons
very little overtime when needed
Horrible
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDAugust 7, 2017
I got to say working at this job was just plain down right horrible, first of all the company does not give a care, they rather spend money on other things besides fixing things that are poorly running like the refrigerator, they were so understaff that it wasn't funny, not to mention the food taste like cardboard and that was not due to the cooks, its because the company switch vendors constantly.
Pros
Spent time with some residents
Cons
Just bad company
Could have been better
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2017
My experience there was ok it could have been better when it came to people they hired. Always short on supplies like diapers and stuff like that . We didn't get paid for staying over in the snow storm. But, over all it could have been a lot worse. I did meet some good people.
Pros
the people I met left
Cons
shortage of supplies.
Not a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIAugust 4, 2017
Medication passes were the most time consuming. Very few times were you able to take a break, your were automatically deducted a half hour break from your pay even if you didn't get one. Management was not supporting of the staff, CNA staff were always understaffed, Some shifts were mandated to work doubles as there wasn't enough staff to staff the shift properly on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was seeing that the residents did not always get the care that they deserved or even paid for. The only thing I can say that was enjoyable was the residents and some fellow co-workers.
The Golden years of life that we all must treasure because we all have to cross that bridge on day.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work started very swiftly because of meetings and getting prepared for the day. I've worked in customer service over 25 years and I've enjoyed being able to help people when there is a need and I;m and able to solve it! Working at Golden Living was a different work culture for me but I was able to adapt because of compassion and empathy.
Pros
Extented family evironment with much knowledge to learn on a daily basis.
Cons
Longer lunch breaks
Reliable, Dependable and Conscientious team worker
Case Manager/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  5470 Meridian Mark Rd. Atlanta 30342August 2, 2017
Working at Golden Living enabled me to provide medical social services to over 200 patients and families in 245-bed geriatric nursing home and rehabilitation facility in accordance with an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care designed to maximize the auction of each patient and the coping capacity of each family member. Skilled Communicator and relationships builder with clients and employee stakeholders. Maintain uncompromising focus on high quality solutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9