Golden Living Centers

Golden Living Centers Employer Reviews

Enjoyed it
CNA (Former Employee), Thomaston, GAAugust 26, 2014
* I enjoyed working with the elderly
* Everyday you learned something new
* The patients were so much fun to be around it was hard not to get attached
Busy and productive workplace, Company moral very friendly and helpful.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great staff, great company moral, family orentied
A typical working day for Golden Living Skilled Nursing facility consist of a lot of paperwork meeting with families to get them the right help they need, tours throughout the day running background checks, and marketing. The staff have always been friendly greeting you with hello's, all the way till you make your way to the office. Staff have always – more... been so friendly and helpful, at Golden Living we were more of a family. Management staff have always been so helpful and on top of things always in meetings. The hardest part of my job was not getting so attached to my patients as an admissions coordinator you deal with a lot of families and patients. It takes a lot of responsibility and patients to cope with both the paperwork and families. Work was always productive there was never a dull moment you are always doing something keeping busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others helping my patients and there families through whatever they needed. – less
loved working with patience and making sure they have what they need.
Internship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Typical day was waking the patience up, getting their breakfast ready.Also getting them cleaned up and dress for their day to start. The co-workers were respectful and kind.I didn't have a hard time at this job. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patience smile means that i am doing my job right.
Love caring for others
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great community atomosphere, pay benefits very competative !
Cons: long long commute
Great place to work. We had a union. My co workers and supervisors for the most part were a great team! Patients were family sometimes we were the only family they had. i worked nights. Loved sitting up with my residents and experiencing history through their eyes.
Horrid.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the residents
Cons: everything else but my residents
The ratio was way too high causing most of the people they were bringing in to fill all of the open shifts to run away screaming. We couldn't have kept an ADON or DON to save our life.
Staff
Staff (Current Employee), MDAugust 21, 2014
Great people to work with, never know what the day will bring.
housekeeping
house keeping (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 20, 2014
 Clean, mop or supply restrooms, gather and empty trash and clean patient rooms. Set up meeting rooms and clean carpet.
 Clean floors, dusting, mopping and scrubbing floors & Vacuuming and clean carpet
Given a variety of training and opportunity as a student intern
Student Intern (Former Employee), Kennestone, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great place to learn about the medical record process which included patients and staff.
I had an 80-hr on-site practicum assignment, which was spread out over fours weeks.

My mentor at Golden Living - Kennestone was awesome. She is the HIM Coordinator. While she was extremely busy, she made the time to train me and gave me a variety of opportunities and responsibilities that involved different assignments and responsibilities, all focusing – more... on the medical records process and the patients.

Because she was so busy, interruptions were common. This was the hardest part of the job for training, but it was quite an eye-opener in watching her work and how she handled it all so smoothly. It was not boring! – less
Ground staff is what keeps "GL" rolling
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Florence, WIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nice staff: caregivers try to go above and beyond what is required of them
Cons: most patients that come to "gl" have mental /behavioral problems
Good company to get invaluable experience of working in healthcare- how emotionally and physically challenging it can be.
Current Employee
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Winchester, Tn.August 16, 2014
Pros: wonderful and caring coworkers.
Cons: filthy facility.
Filthy facility, stench is enough to gag a maggot. Dangerously short staffed. The CNA's and nurses try but management does not care.
productive workplace with many activities
Certified Nursing Assistant & Restorative Aide (Former Employee), Pell City, ALAugust 14, 2014
Taking care of residents on a daily by feeding, clothing and bathing them. Documented on each patient and how they did that day, Monitored their weight and vitals and entering in our computer database.
People skills
Cook (Current Employee), Winchester, TNAugust 14, 2014
i was a cook and i learned people skills and ways to prepare food
Welcoming staff members
CONTRACT SPEECH/LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 12, 2014
Easy to work wit nursing and rehab staff; stable caseload. Good mix of sub-acute rehab and LTC patients.
I really enjoyed working there but I felt Mistreated
CNA (Former Employee), Tunkhannock, PAAugust 5, 2014
I had about 10 residents a day and I preformed there ADL's. My co-workers became like family to me but the reason I left was because of one RN supervisor had mistreated me and made me feel very uncomfortable. The hardest part of the job for me I would say was working short handed. The most enjoyable part of this job was the residents really become a – more... part of your family and it's such a rewarding feeling to no that I'm helping someone else. – less
great coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), beaver dam wiAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great residents with very supportive families.
Cons: short staffed daily and unstable management.
I really loved all of my residents. I enjoyed feeling like I could do my job well and be a leader for new employees. Unfortunately the management at this particular facility was very unstable.
Productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stanford, KYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: geting to know the residents
My workday consist of the care of others. I learned to be patient and caring of others. All management is wonderful always with a smile on their faces. All co-workers are great, helpful, and easy to communicate with. My favorite part of this job was talking with the residents.
ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Kirtland, OHJuly 29, 2014
ok ok ok ok ok
WORST place EVER to work!!
Head Cook (Former Employee), Greensburg, KYJuly 29, 2014
This place is run by a bunch of unprofessional people who have their favorite picks and if you aren't one of them then you will be out the door! Nothing is ever done right or fairly here.
I enjoyed the people I assisted.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, SDJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everything..
Cons: having to leave.
I worked with the clients in daily activities as well as a cook in the kitchen
Run don't walk
sales (Former Employee), MNJuly 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: old, run down, high turn over
Dirty run down buildings that they have the audacity to ask families to place their loved ones in. They do not treat their employees well and as you can see here CONSTANT TURNOVER.

1 2 3 4 5

About Golden Living Centers

Every aspect of every Golden LivingCenter and Community is focused on the patients and residents we serve. That means you have – Read more

Golden Living Centers Photos