Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,207 reviews matching the search
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2017
The company was not stable and they had favoritism with employees and if you do not have a friend relationship with managers you are looked at wrong..
it had nice people working there good job
Laundry (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 15, 2017
it had a pleasent atmosphere nice employees easy work good hours pay could be better all i did was wash clothes dry clothes fold clothes and deliver clothes to the floors
Pros
good hours
Cons
no chance of promotion
Horrible promises and firing people is a monthly basis
Aide (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 10, 2017
I only worked there for less than six months and it was full of empty promises and was not consist with my promised hours which I was hired for full time position. They say everyone is family, but get in trouble if you talk to others.
Fun and productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood. Rd decatur gaMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the client inside of there home ,I enjoyed preparing meals my job was fun to me because i enjoyed what I did.I have learned a lot with being a CNA for over the yrs and working in different environments
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muscoda, WIMay 9, 2017
typical day at work was busy getting everyone up for the day. but I wouldn't give that up for a minute. Management was good. Hardest part of the job was when equipment would work right. best part of job was the resident's and the stories they told.
Great Mangement
Nursing Assistant, Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAMay 6, 2017
Loved my hour working there in PM shift with employees, lost of turnover patients but overall great HR management extremely flex-able and understanding
Well Diversed Corporation
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 5, 2017
Golden Living Center was a great company to work with. They do not encourage micro-managing. As a business, they were very uniform yet left room for individuality.
Productive and great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 5, 2017
Great place to work, I really enjoyed working with the staff and patients, it was an rewarding experience, in my down time I played cards with my patients.
Pros
Free lunch, great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible
LPN Scheduler/Central Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIMay 4, 2017
You can be on call 24 hours a day, and work more than 16 hours/day and it's still not enough. They'll find any way to fire you, or force you to quit. Stay away!
Poor Job
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Galax, VAMay 4, 2017
The manager was cut not fair to the employee. Working with no days off and both shift all the time. Manager write up for things the was false. Other workers making more money and talking about it.
Pros
benifits
Cons
manager cut throat
great place for advancement
LPN (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYMay 2, 2017
stressful work, long hours with lots of overtime, pay very competetive with many options for advancement. Management very poor throughout facility, scheduling always very poor and sometimes lost vacation time and or sick time due to payroll staff
Pros
great insurance and benefits
Cons
always on call
It was not the best job i ever had
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 1, 2017
I was over worked the whole time I was there. My co-workers was mean and hateful. The residents were great to be with but the building should have been closed down
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 1, 2017
The job was okay just wasn't enough pay nor help. Mostly not having enough help with patients on the floor as in lifting,turning,changing, and etc heavy patients.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Good
Dietary Aide / Cook (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 30, 2017
Management is supportive, and co workers are always willing to help. There are not that many changes that occur, so the work load is steady. Overall good company to work for
Great learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 29, 2017
As a high school student, I enjoyed working with the geriatric population. It was great to be able to assist the patients working alongside the Therapist. It was very rewarding.
Nah, buddy
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INApril 28, 2017
The worst part about this job is if you're new, they judge whatever you're doing harshly instead letting you learn or helping you. They have a bad scheduling system.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Nursing staff, location, favoritism, scheduling
very unorganized and unprofessional
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 24, 2017
medication administrations, new admissions/discharge, interactions with residents, family doctors etc. pic lines, charting, new orders, wound care etc.
Pros
pay rate, operations of hours
Cons
nurse shortage, poor staffing, unorganized
Good company to work for.
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 24, 2017
I worked as a Social Worker Assistant with my BSW. Time management is critical in this position, but overall it was a great job. Very friendly environment.
Work here if you are a glutton for punishment.
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 23, 2017
Saw 3 DON in a matter of a year. Newest director appreciates a feeling of power as she fires people without notice and probable cause. The backbiting is embarrassing. One can accuse another falsely and that person is immediately fired if it suits the DON mood that day. Staff dedicate years and lose all accrued vacation time in a blink of an eye without explaination. Run like a franchise that rarely follows corporate guidelines.
Pros
still thinking
Cons
Cut back on resident food to save money, Secret favoritism, Residents with no shoes, Staff watching TV while bells ring
potential for growth
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 22, 2017
A great place to work, as a nurse need to be willing to learn and be open to new ideas at all times. Takes time as a new nurse to comprehent all the processes but pays off in the long run. You can shot to the top if you are willing to learn and be dedicated.
Pros
room for growth, need to be open to new ideas
Cons
staffing challenge at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9