Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Great Work Family
Helping employees to assist them in electing COBRA (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2016
Love my Job and the people I work with. Will be hard finding another job that I love more. Hard to beat.
Wonderful Company
A/R Billing and Collections (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 10, 2016
This is a great place to work. I am looking for opportunities to advance. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in medical billing.
Excellent administrator
Social Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJune 10, 2016
My administrator was very professional and she was a great support system to all of her employees. I This company was understandable and allows flexibility with your schedule. I learned how to balance time management and other tasks associated with this job. We worked together as team and we supported each other.
great job
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 9, 2016
I loved working for this company and the people I was able to interact with on a daily basis. Going into work you always had a challenge to face, but nothing you could not handle
horrible place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 4, 2016
Would NEVER recommend anyone work at the one in Greenville, N.C. Favoritism caused big turnover no one accountable for their own poor work always blamed the nurse for the aide not working
Pros
getting attached to residents
Cons
not being appreciated no matter how hard you worked
kitchen help
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIJune 3, 2016
I enjoy working with the elderly. I helped in the kitchen and would go upstairs to check on any requests from the residents.
Pros
working and helping the elderly
Cons
not enough hours
Everything with in Golden Living is a Team effort, good people, and for the most part a good company to work for.
Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 2, 2016
typical day was focusing on cleaning up as many accounts as possible within the that day.

learned something new everyday rather it directly affected your daily task or not.

management, means well but with high office some need term limits
co-workers are all part of the team, and it is important to recognize ones strengths and one weakness's as to better serve the team to have be most effect toward the job as hand.
hardest part of some days as on any job the frustration of everyone not being on the same page at same time.

Job well done we all comes together and the end result is success.
I was a CNA worked all shifts
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIJune 2, 2016
I worked at Golden Living and I have never went home and cried so much. I did not agree the ratio per worker and patient, there was so much to do and so little time.
Good Company
Sr. PSR /Hospital Patient Transition Liaison (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
Communicating and marketing of product in a hospital setting. Currently focusing on main hospitals and social workers from a customer service and selling standpoint.
Pros
great company national
Cons
limitied exposure
fun working envierment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOMay 31, 2016
the most enjoyable part of this job was the people who lived there and all of there things they had to talk about that day. a typical day at work clock in do any left over dishes prep for the cook take the food to the residents
Pros
free lunch great people
Cons
hours
Awful place to work to many patients not enough cnas
Cna (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSMay 30, 2016
Management is awful over worked cnas patients are woke up way to early and not enough staff to O be taken care of properly .
Health care
Director of Admission and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 30, 2016
I love learning new things, and pitching in to help whenever I can. I am extremely diligent when it comes to my career. All employees play an extremely important rule in keeping structure in the work place.
Bad place - do not apply
Employee - Golden living Center-Whitewater (Former Employee) –  St Charles MNMay 28, 2016
Bad place - do not apply at St. Charles Minnesota Golden Living. Exec. director is worthless. Director of Nursing is rude. People quit all the time with no notice. Not enough staff there. RNAC RN horrible person - extremely rude, total gossip 24/7. 5/8 managers left in the past two months. Most CNAs are from a temp. agency working 16 hour shifts. Can't keep any staff. Nobody happy. Several nurses extremely rude and not qualified. Just a bad place. Hostile and dysfunctional. Don't even apply there! They cut your hours constantly.
Pros
Cons
Many
Not a good place to work
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMay 27, 2016
DO NOT go to this place. Over worked and under paid. Management won't listen or do anything tie help with any problems. Quick to make judgment. Had a AVP calls us bottom feeders when asked for a raise. I haven't seen a raise in 3 years. Coworkers some nice some mean. High turn over in employees. Go figure. That's what happens when they treat you like you don't t exist. Golden Living Centers are only concerned about the bottom dollar. If higher management could see passed their nose they might see the problem. Beware. You will not be treated fairly.
Pros
Cons
Just a bad place to work all around.
Good and pleasant co workers, conducive working environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIMay 26, 2016
Supervisor always ready to help, co workers are up their tasks , patients seem happy with treatment and management of their issues. Most enjoyable part is taking care of the patients and seeing them discharge to either home or group home. Hardest part of the job is when you're working short.
busy and productive work place
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 26, 2016
when I was at golden living as an intern I learned a lot of different tasks and overall enjoyed my experience.

I learned how to fill out discharge surveys and initial assessments

how to meet and great clients for social visits

how to run a family meeting

the most difficult part is the fact that clients do not stay for very long so you have a small window of opportunity to visit with them.
Pros
we got free food and employees were respectful
Cons
there was a big turn over of employees
Cube City
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 25, 2016
Several people, mainly women, that are put in cubes to work. It feels like it is high school all over again. There is little supervision and little respect for others.
Pros
casual dress code, dining center on site
Cons
Too many people, too little supervision
Hard working invirment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2016
Difficult place to work at the nurses expect you to do a lot of work at once, and management expects you to be there when they need you to work, and work hard, and your health doesn't matter to them. They right you for a little reasoning and they are always making use sign a variety of in-services for no good cause. On weekends with out notifying us we have to stay till 3 o'clock and we cant leave, when our day normally ends at 2;30
Pros
No pros
Cons
harldy ever have time to take brakes, you have to do alot of work
Learning Experience
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 23, 2016
This job helped tremendously to build my hard work ethic. The assignments of this particular job were menacing at first but it taught me alot about myself.
Productive and stimulating work environment
License practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAMay 19, 2016
During my time at Golden Living Nursing Center I truly grew as an LPN due to not only staff and supervisors but the overall community in which I worked. I found myself tested through the skills I learned and strengthened the previous skills and knowledge I had acquired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9