Golden Living Centers

Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Health Information Volunteer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
I'm a volunteer so there is really nothing to talk about. There's no money involved or room for advancement. That is it for
my review of this place
Wound care nurse/supervisor
Wound CareNurse/Supervisor (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no support, everyone is overworked due to too many patients for nurse to take care of
This place has a lot of problems, most of management was related, showed a lot of favortism. Morale was very bad, nurse to patient ratio very high, staff do not stay long. Upper management allowed things to go on that should have been dealt with. Don't work here, staff fight among each other
Excellent place to work.
Accounts Receivable - Facility Cash Poster (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flex Hours
Cons: leave for lunch, have trouble finding parking space
Working for Golden Living is challaging and rewarding. My co-workers and I have a great relationship and work hard achieving
our goals. The most enjoyabel part of my job is working with the
other Departments at Golden Living. We have an excellent Management team.
from A nursing assistant perspective
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Oak ridge drive Richmond Indiana 47374July 4, 2015
Pros: you can use PTO when you get hired
Cons: management sucks and people you work with has poor work ethics
poor management! People in higher position only help when state surveyor visits. some workers has poor work ethics. there is no advancement and you'll be rotten when you do not get your nursing degree. I have a bachelors degree and still get paid 9.50 dollars an hour.
very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 3, 2015
I worked with team players that always helped when needed. I also helped feed and dress patients, as well as helped them with their daily activities.
golden living
cna (Former Employee), Winfield, ALJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Short staffed a lot of the time
N/A
Caregiver (Former Employee), 2715 Fresno StJune 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: emotional job
i volunteered here and it was great, but as far as .working i wouldnt no but it never felt stressful. great for anyone looking for a medical field job that is fun.
A nice company but a bad location
RNAC (Current Employee), Wakefield, KSJune 25, 2015
Pros: meals $2
Cons: high turnover, low census, unpredictable work schedules
Golden Living Center is a very nice small nursing home that is in a rural area. Census is very hard to keep up due to it's rural location. The residents are wonderful and my co-workers are pretty great too.
Productive and Positive work place
Social Worker (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJune 24, 2015
Working at Goldening has assist in the improvement my communication and organizational skills, Many of my co -workers are a joy to work with and are great team player. The most challenging part of my job would be explaining to patients and families their insurance coverage. The most rewarding part of my job would be the privilege to help resident have a better quality of life whether they are long term care patients or patients who are only at Golden Living for rehab.
Golden Living was a great place to learn new things.
member of the trained personnel (Former Employee), Kirtland OhioJune 24, 2015
Golden living offered free STNA classes and were able to pay for my State Boards.I finished my course and went off to experience better opportunities.
Nice people to be around etc
Pm Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Neodesha, KSJune 23, 2015
Pros: Nice Residents
Cons: Poor Management
Nice people to be around but a high turnover with employees found out later on they were in trouble for not paying nurses and other employees overtime through a letter in the mail from corporate..it did not apply to me but I felt this was a sign of very poor management if you ask me.
A typical productive work day.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Eupora, MSJune 23, 2015
A typical day on my job would be that I would go in and start my day off with balance my census for the nursing home. I like to have my day planned out when I get there because I travel to work and it takes me 40 minutes to get there so I would meditate on what I would do for that day.
small facility with alot of resistance to any change
RN Supervisor, ADNS, DCE (Former Employee), Union City, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: Learned the management aspect of long term
Cons: staff had been in facilty a long time and resistant to needed changes
I learned how to make a budget and schedules happen which was new area for me. Admissions and discharges of medicare patients. Educated staff and webinar performed regularly. I also performed skilled medicare charting and supervised all staff. Took call for facility and hired nursing staff.
MO RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Maryville, MOJune 21, 2015
Ability to learn and grow in the company, best part of the job is caring for the residents, and becoming part of their family.
Very goog
CNA AT Suba cute and Re hab center!! , (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNJune 21, 2015
Setting a patient room V/S ,very compaction ,person , hard worker ,excellent co worker Personal care for all my wonderful patients ,experience and ICU OB surge Tec internal medicine geriatric , 23 years of experience as a Patient technician nursing assistant PCA
Very short staffed
Director of Medical records (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 18, 2015
They are very short staffed. Care givings come and goes like the weather. Not team players. Very unorganized. Didn't enjoy employment there.
work day
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Portage, INJune 17, 2015
This facility was understaffed and the staff would not have the correct equipment to give quality care to the patient. It was the most unprofessional, uneducated and filthy place I have ever been. I felt like I was unable to provide the quality of care the patient's deserved.
Poor employee caring, bad attitudes, GREAT residents
Dietary Aide/Dishwasher (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good food, great residents
Cons: Employees with bad attitudes and poor caring skills
I went into this job with a open mind, I had heard bad reviews about the management and employees but I was willing to look past that and start open. After working there for only a short time I completely understood what they had been referring to. There were many employees who wouldn't truly care for their residents. I had many residents complaining of how they were treated by the CNA's and management. Many had talked of missing money and items and some mentioned negative communication and simply not taking care of the residents needs. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to take the time the residents want to talk or just to get a fresh glass of ice cold water which is mostly all they wanted. As such a small part of a huge company I was unable to do much to change how the system worked but I left knowing that the residents that I cared for were truly taken care of.
Previous employee
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Attleboro, MaJune 14, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: too many to name
Do not work here. The staff is mostly nice, definitely overworked. They will use you to work 80 hours a week then stick it to you. Management is a joke, they bark at you and offer no assistance. They pay is good, try the one in Taunton, the two in Attleboro are total losses. Run fast.
Great people
Dietary Supervisort (Former Employee), Tell City, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: Laid back
Cons: Getting attached to clients
I love working in this facility. It has a great director as well as supervisory staff in house. Would return if I ever went back into this field.
Industry