Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search
Management and work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 20, 2016
Unstable in terms of management and administration due to constant change, especially with agency nurses, unit managers and directors of nursing. For the most part I enjoyed working at this facility with the residents and my co-workers.
Really Liked the hours that were available
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 19, 2016
I helped the residents with Activities of Daily Living. The other employees were great to work with. There is room for advancement in this company. I worked as a CNA.
Pros
room for advancement
Great workplace
Director of Admissions/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PANovember 15, 2016
Enjoyed my time with this company they are very supportive and a wonderful company to work for they promote team approach to everything.
Hard place to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant/TMA (Current Employee) –  Olivia, MNNovember 12, 2016
A typical; day is overwhelming. I worked overnights and this demanded a lot of attention to certain residents that do not sleep at night. The management does not know what does on at night.
Very positive environment with very professional employees and supervisors
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, INNovember 10, 2016
The workplace is safe as well as comforting for the residents, and working for Golden Living Centers was a very unique and positive experience! The Co-workers were all very good and motivated people and went above and beyond to ensure the best environment for each and every guest.
Golden Living
Medicaid Pending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2016
This job was in a central billing office for all of the nursing homes in the state of pennsylvania. The job consisted of helping families secure government funding for nursing home stays.
Good work Environment
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CANovember 5, 2016
Pleasant place to work, good benefits, good management. Convenient location.
Although short staffed frequently, we had good teamwork and we were focused on patient centered care.
Pros
Extra shifts
Cons
Short staffed
Dedicated to providing quality and person centered care
Compliance Investigator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, PANovember 1, 2016
Have worked for GL for 24 years in a variety of roles. I have had the opportunity to collaborate and work with a group of highly dedicated and talented individuals with the common goal to deliver quality of care and customer services to the residents entrusted to our care.
Really awesome co-workers
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAOctober 30, 2016
The Administration and Human Resource office should be reviewed and scrutinized for how they interact and communicate with their employees. They make it very hard to stay in this facility long term
Pros
Great Benefits and excellent Pay
Cons
Way too many taxes and union reduction on your pay
Fun work place with team work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 28, 2016
It's more different with each residents. Hard part is when a resident refuses or don't want to do anything. The coworkers on my shift is a team player and we help each other out.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 27, 2016
Good co workers and room to grow and develop my career. Very knowledgable company...raises were a little scarce but what do you expect with an economy like this. Upper management easy to work with.
Supportive environment with committed employees
Trainer/Program Designer (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCOctober 27, 2016
Collaborative environment that promotes team work and the opportunity to work independently. Person-centered services resulting loyal customers.
Pros
Supportive environment
Enjoyed helping people.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoyed my job and heling people live as normally as possible. I had to endure long hours and sometimes work short staffed but over all, it was a wonderful experience. After 90 days you are eligible for benefits as long as you work full time.
Pros
sadisfaction of heling people daily.
Cons
worked short staffed often
Fun environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2016
Every day presents a new challenge-no boredom. Managers are flexible and the environment is comfortable. Nothing bad to say about the company.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
working holidays
Fun and interesting place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 21, 2016
Golden Living Centers is an interesting place to work. Every day is different. Coworkers are good for the most part. Sometimes its hard when people don't want to show up for work, call in, or just don't want to help others. Hardest part is dealing with all the abusive behaviors from the residents. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the residents and listening to their life stories.
Pros
Free snacks, compliments from families
Cons
Short staffing, behavioral issues with some residents
Very fun work place.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 20, 2016
It was well constructed, and the patients were cooperative and nice. A typical day was very relaxed, no issues with anyone, and the patients would tell you anything you wanted to know about them or their past.
Pros
Patients Greetings
Cons
The Odor
If only I could rate less than 1 * I would!
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 19, 2016
THE WORST! BAD WITH EVERY AREA/FIELD OF NURSING!... DOESNT EVEN DESERVE THE CAPITAL LETTERS IM USING! Doesn't respect their employees. Hires anyone who walks through the door. Slouch nurses, CNAs, staff in general! I quit & was suprised to see there's many of these places all over with similar terrible results.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great Teamwork
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 19, 2016
I was a part of the Management team
Great Teamwork throughout facility.
Great Corporate HR.
Understandable policies.
Exceptional Job
Medicare Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 18, 2016
Wish they were staying. I wanted to retire from here. I felt like this was my best employment option ever. The job was very challenging daily. Management was helpful. My co-workers are the very best we have a great working environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Closing
A company with a very difficult location to gain quality workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walker, MNOctober 17, 2016
I felt my integrity as a very qualified and excellent care giver was compromised by a lack of staff and affected the resident's care. I learned a lot of more ailments am grateful for the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9