Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Good team of co-workers
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAAugust 31, 2017
I had a good experience with the team of people I worked with. Training was always available and being updated for the employees. There was a great deal of support with one another. My manager was very approachable and willing to help with any situations that arose.
overworked and stressed
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 30, 2017
Here at golden living, we have been bought out by priority health care. Since then, my job duties have changed. I was doing a lot of clinical work and less operations. The new company laid off my assistant and put me primarily in the kitchen. This left me to cook a lot of shifts and weekends. I have not received any additional compensation since working here and its been almost 4 years. My benefit expense has increased tremendously. My administrator is the reason I am still here. I would love to get out of the healthcare atmosphere and branch out.
Pros
My boss(administrator) and the residents
Cons
Work hours, pay and benefits
You make it what you want it to be
RN (Former Employee) –  Henning, MNAugust 29, 2017
Again a place that feels threatened when an RN comes to work when the normal has been LPNs mainly work there. A lot of cut throat atmosphere for a long time. Given time people learn you are there to be a service to the residents and not take jobs away from people.
Pros
Great starting point
Cons
Low pay
Mandiated every day, never knew if you would be able to go home.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Portage, INAugust 27, 2017
Bad reputation, state is there all the time. Co-workers are helpful if they are reliable, some are not. Management is supportive. I would not work there again unless I had no other choice.
Pros
good teamworkers
Cons
mandation
Rated number one of all the Nursing Homes in Missouri
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malden, MOAugust 27, 2017
Golden Living Facility was at the time number one against all of the Nursing Homes in Missouri. They gave each residents choices to make regarding their needs and wants. Excellent Nurses and CNAs worked their hardest to give the best care for all of the residents.
Pros
Excellent care givers and Nurses
Cons
sometimes over worked
Nice place to work but had alot of turnover with upper management.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, MAAugust 27, 2017
I worked at this company for many years and was pretty happy there. There were a lot of changes in the staff and management but everyone tried to work together to help each other through it all.

Working to help the residents and families was the most enjoyable part of my job. Seeing them enjoy themselves in an activity or after coming back from an outing and the smiles on their faces was the best. The hardest part was watching the decline of the residents' mental and physical capabilities and not being able to do much about it.

I learned a lot at this company and would work there again if I was to move back to my former state.
Pros
Flexible work times for management
Cons
Costs of healthcare coverage
fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 26, 2017
Golden living center was a stressful job. Management was OK. There was not very much teamwork and a lot of call offs when I was there. The pay was not very good
dietary assistant
Cook/Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAAugust 22, 2017
working in a dietary position is a hard job you have to be active all the time. once you get it it goes quick. you have the opportunity to get to know people.
Good Place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 21, 2017
Its was a good place to work, the reason i left was because i moved, but now im ready to get nack out there again and start working im very eager and i miss being in that atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Call offs
Productive with a great learning experiences
Charge Nurse & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 21, 2017
Charge Nurse & Supervisor for 24 - 28 patients. A typical day begins with getting report from the out going Nurse, making CNA assignments and delegating nursing assignments when Nurse on duty did not show up without notification. Making sure the immediate needs of the patient who are in distress are taken care of first. Administering medication per Physician's order, ensuring CNA duties are performed including breakfast, bath etc. Follow-up with critical labs, calling Physician for new orders and carrying them out with the Pharmacy, scheduling follow-up appointments, performing wound care and doing admissions and discharges.
The hardest part of the job is working short staff and when patient's families visited, and complained their love ones (patient) is neglected, especially when care is not performed in a timely manner. This is a poor reflection of the Nurse-supervisor.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is, when you are satisfied you have done your best by making a difference in the life of the patient and he/she is appreciative.

Want to know more about Golden Living Centers?

Ask a question
Golden Living
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 20, 2017
I did not like working there as a CNA. Patient ratios were unrealistic, which in turn effected patient care. Management did not care about their employees, had my manager tell me that the only way I would get an excused absence from work is if I was "admitted into the hospital and dying". Started at $10/hr and received no raise for over two years. Differentials were not worth it. Only reason I stayed there was because I felt bad for the residents.
Pros
great residents
Cons
listed above
Terrible
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2017
I did my clinical rotations here and the place is completely FILTHY!! The smell of urine and feces when you walk in the door is terrible. If you want your loved one to lay in bed all day and do nothing, then this is the place for you.
A typical workplace
LPN Charge (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 20, 2017
I learned that loving the residents and staff was very much required. If you don't shoe that you care your days will be very unproductive. The work was fair with good staff participation.
Golden Living Center
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Golden Living Center is a fast-paced environment with highly unique/lovely people who are perfect to interact with. Golden Living specializes in the care of your loved ones -- management 'chips' in wherever they can to help clients/staff ... ongoing training is focused on heavily [they want to be the best!].
Pros
Golden Living is much more peaceful than other facilities.
Cons
Trying to 'keep pace' prove difficult for me.
Not a good place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
When I first started great but the pay was horrible we really didn't make that much so I had to leave and find me another job to take care of my family
Fast pace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Working in a nursing home gave me a since of enjoyment know I was helping the elder and taking care of their daily needs. It's very fast pace due to the fact that they have a structure life.
Pros
satisfaction of knowing you are helping someone
Cons
very fast pace, low pay, very demanding at times
Fast-paced work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2017
Work as a CNA in this facility is a great way to gain experience, though it could be fast-paced to the point of being overwhelming. This, though, can be true of many medical facilities. The management was very supportive of the staff, including being hands on with help.

The best part of my time and job there were the patients. They really light up your shift.
Golden Living
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, NEAugust 13, 2017
I greatly enjoyed the residents I took care of. I learned how to be patient when I was working in the behavioral unit. I learned about time management and how to chart thoroughly. The workplace at times was less then desirable. Management could stand to be revamped.
Poor place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KSAugust 12, 2017
It was a normal nursing home.. However, it was a very hostile work environment, and I will never go work for them again. There was a incident that happened, and they only listened to e side, not the whole story. Then to top it all off, I got laid off.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
horrible management
Great place to work and i made a lot of great friends
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 11, 2017
There was plenty of hours, overtime and shift bonuses to support a family. I also had great benefits including health, dental, visual and life insurance.
Pros
Bonus for picking up overtime
Cons
Hold over policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9