Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,030 reviews matching the search
Hard place to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant/TMA (Current Employee) –  Olivia, MNNovember 12, 2016
A typical; day is overwhelming. I worked overnights and this demanded a lot of attention to certain residents that do not sleep at night. The management does not know what does on at night.
Fun and active work place
Activity Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 12, 2016
It was a sloppy disorganized work area. Management was weak and dishonest. Other then the workers and management I fell in love with my patients very quickly. You will get the full CNA experience here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized management
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Senior Information Architect (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 17, 2016
My typical day consist of making sure the entire Golden Living WAN and Network are fully operational. Look for proactive and ways to improve network. Make sure company is better from my effort then the day before.
Pros
Nice job culture
Cons
company is for sale
really great place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 30, 2016
only wish there was job security.
I have been here going on five years and now we have been told they will be closing and selling all facilities. This will leave a lot of people without a job.
Contract Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 16, 2015
Overall, I believe Golden Living (corporate offices) is a good place to work. The people in most of the departments are wonderful. There is a lack of communication between individuals that makes it hard to complete a person's job. There is also a lack of organization between departments requiring the same information. For example, when a practitioner is hired at a facility, HR requests documents from that person. HR does not share those documents with departments needing them for Medicare certification or payor contracting.
Pros
Dinning center, ice machines, flexibility, benefits
Cons
Office gossip, parking, location
Good potential for growth.
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Trainer 3 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 17, 2016
I had opportunity to promote during my time with the company. I have worked with some wonderful people and built life long relationships throughout my career at Golden Living.
Pros
Built good relationships, grew my career.
The facility is understaffed and micromanaged poorly, staff is overworked with no raises, nor benefits and hours have been cut to part time for all st
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 14, 2015
Understaffed and poor management. Facility is not clean and management has double standards for the employees. They don't give raises and have cut the hours of the employees to part time. Employees have to be on call on their days off with no pay. They don't offer insurance. Patient/CNA ratio is approximately 25-2 on 1st and 2nd
shifts and 25-1 on 3rd shift.
Cons
no raises, benefits or full time hours.
Not good for novice RN's
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 9, 2015
Nursing homes in general have very short orientation periods. This place in particular is exceptionally short. On my 3rd day of orientation, I was given several high acuity residents with no report and left to figure things out on my own which was very scary as a new RN with no prior medical experience. It took me forever to figure things out and had to ask a ton of questions, annoying other nurses in the process. As like most nursing homes they are understaffed and this is why nurses get burned out. I ended up going prn so I won't get totally frustrated and can learn at my own pace and last but not least not put my resident's lives in danger due to my lack of experience. As the months have passed, I have learned a lot but not as much as I would like. I am more confident in the skills I have learned but look forward to learning more and being the best RN I can. The experienced nurses are very helpful most of the time. My unit manager is very understanding and helpful. The workers of the facility have not been given a raise in 5 years. It's really sad. Luckily I have another job.
Pros
Being prn
Cons
Understaffed, high turnover of nurses and CNA's
Good Company
Medicare Consolidated Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 12, 2016
Good place to work, Managers are great and so are the co-workers, although there is not enough advancement opportunities. overall, it is a good company
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough growth
Toxic work culture
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2016
3 years of a toxic corporate culture driven strictly by financials. Bottom line profits are the singular focus behind all true initiatives at this company. Level of patient care is marginal at best. Zero room for professional advancement. This company redefines the statement "do as I say, not as I do."

Want to know more about Golden Living Centers?

Ask a question
Friendly and Productive place to work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 10, 2016
I have to say that I have a great team to work with, and that is a lot of my happiness to be here. I enjoy the fact that if I come in and do my work, and be rewarded for my efforts. I have learned that a good rapport with people who have jobs that intersect with my job can be very beneficial for both sides. Anything is possible when you work as a team, and the company always wins when we work as a team.
Pros
Gym, dining center, and PTO builds up as you go.
A Great Experience
Network & Telecommunication Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 12, 2016
With Golden Living being a Cisco shop I've been able to further my knowledge with top of the line Cisco products with a great team that's more than willing to teach to those who want to learn more. We each specialize in one area of the infrastructure but have no problem reaching out for help if need-be. It's been a great learning experience overall.
If only I could rate less than 1 * I would!
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 19, 2016
THE WORST! BAD WITH EVERY AREA/FIELD OF NURSING!... DOESNT EVEN DESERVE THE CAPITAL LETTERS IM USING! Doesn't respect their employees. Hires anyone who walks through the door. Slouch nurses, CNAs, staff in general! I quit & was suprised to see there's many of these places all over with similar terrible results.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Average nursing home.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2015
I have been working for Golden Living Center Omaha for approximately 2.5 years and I love my coworkers and residents here. My second shift staff are all respectful and compassionate people. The only reason I am looking for another job is the current wage freeze. No current employees at this facility are receiving any kind of wage raises. Some "bonuses" are being given for picking up extra shifts as the facility is very short staffed. But theses bonuses are rarely seen after taxes. They are currently under new DON leadership and are making noticeable attempts to improve things however.
Pros
Patients, coworkers
Cons
Pay
Very positive environment with very professional employees and supervisors
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, INNovember 10, 2016
The workplace is safe as well as comforting for the residents, and working for Golden Living Centers was a very unique and positive experience! The Co-workers were all very good and motivated people and went above and beyond to ensure the best environment for each and every guest.
the atmosphere was excellent to work in I would offer the information to a friend and family great family environment for family to visit
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  1915 E Tripoli Ave.November 30, 2016
Excellent and easy to work for great leaders and great people to work with.Great atmospheres and. Great team effort from co worker.I loved working nights and i mostly got the 2-3 shift
Clean facility with welcoming co-workers and memorable residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 8, 2016
Resident wise, the best facility so far. Pay is very low and work load is very heavy, but well worth it to see your residents smile. From management to house keeping, everyone did their job well. Maintenance was always checking on t.v's and restrooms etc. to make sure they were working well. Nurses passing meds on time, aid's making sure rounds were done close to time, house keeping getting clothes to the right residents, management making sure things ran as smooth as possible. Loved the team work.
Pros
team work, good food, clean facility.
Cons
minimum breaks, understaffed.
Dedicated to providing quality and person centered care
Compliance Investigator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, PANovember 1, 2016
Have worked for GL for 24 years in a variety of roles. I have had the opportunity to collaborate and work with a group of highly dedicated and talented individuals with the common goal to deliver quality of care and customer services to the residents entrusted to our care.
Great Teamwork
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 19, 2016
I was a part of the Management team
Great Teamwork throughout facility.
Great Corporate HR.
Understandable policies.
Engineer ans Assistant PM
Director of Construction Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 27, 2015
Responsible for material delivery and project coordination. Good company just wanted to be a project manager and upper management did not think I was ready. Wanted me to finish the Cowboy Stadium first, but did not want to wait 3 1\2 years
Pros
Great knowlegde of construction
Cons
Poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9