Golden Living Centers

Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Closing Location
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2015
The facility is transitioning to a SNF and will no longer be appropriate for the clients that I work with.

I learned the ability to multitask with client activities, paperwork, and supervising QDDPs.

The hardest part of the job was each day could bring a different challenge. However, seeing a client reach a goal was very rewarding!
productive
Dietary Aide/Assistant (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMarch 5, 2015
typicla day is great productive and fun
i;ve learned so much about the elderly their likes and dislikes the managment was lovong and caring coworkers were helpful and respectful hardest part was quitting and working with my nother and taking care of my grandma was the most enjoyable
A exciting opportunity to care for those that are ill and lonely.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wakefield, KSMarch 5, 2015
Working at Golden Living gave me an incredible opportunity to share in the emotional, social and health care of the residence. Each day I received more than I gave to the residence. While working the night shift I got to interact with caring Nurses and CNA staff to provide personal care for the residence.

The hardest part of being a CNA was losing a friend and a person who contributed so much to my own life. The greatest joy was seeing the joy and courage of the many people I met in the sunset of their lives and their willingness to share the many things they experienced over the years.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Watertown, WIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, appreciative residents, supportive staff
Cons: short staff
Residents were awesome to care for. Management was great with changing schedules. Hours were flexible. Coworkers worked together as a team. The hardest part was working short staffed. But the most enjoyable part was hearing the appreciation the residents had for the staff after being cared for.
CNA/TRANSPORTATION AIDE (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NCMarch 2, 2015
Working as a CNA is a wonderful job, although physically demanding, it is also emotionally cleansing. In a days work, you help patients do simple tasks that the average person can do but takes for granted. Management is awesome and co-workers are amazing. Everyone works as a team. The hardest part of the job is watching a patient decline, but the most enjoyable part is watch a patient get better.
prductive workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Glendale, WIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free food breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons: picking up others shift unknowingly
once I make it to the workplace ill get all the things I need for set-up depending on what shift I was working that day, set up for the residents before they come out to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I learned how to follow all state and federal regulation policies for the proper usage of all dietary utensils. some coworkers were for themselves they did what they wanted, when they wanted because once the lead left it was no supervisor that was ahead of the kitchen, but me personally I never let things like that side track me from doing what I am suppose to do. The hardest part at time was unexpectedly having to cover someone's shift that called in 20 minutes before they knew they had to be on the clock then, ill have to drop my day and cover then without an appropriate bonus for doing so. the most I loved about the job though was the residents that knew me an liked me for me, I loved when it was time to serve them because they were always grateful and appreciative and even though they were in a nursing home they didn't let anything kill they spirit or joy of living life.
I enjoyed my job as an RN. Making a difference in people's lives is what is most important to me about this job.
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at this facility was a typical day at a skilled nursing facility. It could be chaotic at times but at the end of the day I always left feeling like the day was productive. I learned at this job that it is important to make sure the residents feel at home and comfortable in a clinical setting. The management at this facility was good and my relationship with my co-workers was a good professional relationship. The hardest part of the job to me is seeing people in a helpless state and the deteriorated state of relationships between residents and their families. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with the residents and knowing I was making a difference in their lives.
management
Director of clinical education (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 27, 2015
good management,caring company. I would recommend this to anyone who asks about GLC. Co workers all care about the residents and provide great care
Casual environment, friendly co-workers
BUSINESS OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pleasant environment
AM all staff update. Process client orders. Answer phones to resolve customer requests. Insurance verifications. Database updates. Management support.
Great place to work for
CNA (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
The hardest part about the job is limited staffing and shortage of resources other than that is a great place to work for. The staff is awesome and very helpful.
Best Job I've ever had
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Knox, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: relationships with residents, staff and family.
Cons: high stress of dealing with death in the work place
I loved working here, the staff was amazing and worked well with the residents and employees. The staff were empathetic and we really worked as a cohesive team instead of a bunch of individuals.
My Golden living Review
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Buena Vista, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: one person not liking me
Working at Golden living was a very nice experience because i enjoyed cleaning. While i worked there i started to want to become a nurse to help people, but lost the interest due to a female always complaining about me not smiling or doing curtain work when i clear have done so.I had no complaints and have gotten complements on my work. Everyone there was very friendly including a few guest i actually became friends with,always asked how i was doing as i asked them the same.
Avoid this place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is anywhere from 8 - 16 hrs. The nurses and CNA's for the most part are really good people. There is a lot of absenteeism which leaves the place short staffed on a regular basis. For me the best part of the job was the interaction I had with the patients and their family members. There constantly is a revolving door of upper management which makes it difficult because they are constantly changing policies. Whatever you do, do not injure yourself on the job. I was injured and had to endure 3 surgeries. When I was cleared to return to work I was notified that I had been terminated for exceeding my leave time. Go figure.
A rewarding and challenging position that enables me to utilize my experiences
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Florence, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: quick response to emergency and non-emergency situations
Cons: need more staffing, more training time, low wages
This company allows room for growth. They are quick to educate in any and all areas within the facility but need to spend more time with training. They provide the necessary tools to help with the ensuring of safe and proper caring for the residents. I've learned of the different procedures when addressing emergency and non-emergency issues with internal and external customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowing that your fellow team members are willing to help when required and needed. The hardest part of the job is knowing no matter how hard you try, there's a possibility of someone not being satisfied.
NURSING HOME W/PSYCHIATRIC RESIDENTS
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee), Clifton Forge, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: easy to get hired if you need a job
Cons: 12-16 hr shifts, the type of residents in this facility
CARE FOR 42 RESIDENTS WHO ARE NONTYPICAL NURSING HOME PATIENTS. PSYCHATRIC PATIENTS WHO ARE DIFFICULT TO HANDLE W/OUT THE MEDICATIONS NEEDED TO CARE FOR THEM. DIFFICULT TO ASSIST COWORKERS AS YOUR HANDS ARE FULL WITH THE 42 RESIDENTS YOU ARE CARING FOR. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS THE TYPE OF RESIDENTS THIS NURSING HOME ACCEPTS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS A THANK YOU OR A SMILE FROM A GRATEFUL RESIDENT OR FAMILY MEMBER.
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!
LPN CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), HARRISBURG PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: residents and their families
Cons: no breaks, working thru lunches, no support from managemt
DO NOT EVER WASTE YOUR TIME OR PUT YOUR LICENSE ON THE LINE. YOU WILL BE ON YOUR OWN FOR EVERYTHING AND YELLED AT IF YOU DO NOT GET YOUR SHIFT WORK DONE. THE PERSONNEL YOU WORK WITH CANNOT BE TRUSTED! THEY WILL TURN ON YOU IN A MINUTE! YOU WILL HAVE OVER 30 RESIDENTS AND NO HELP! THE MANAGEMENT DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON AND CHANGE CONSTANTLY! SOMETHING IS WRONG WHEN THE FACILITY CAN'T EVEN KEEP A DON FOR MORE THEN A MONTH--ALL 360 PEOPLE THAT DO NOT KNOW THE RESIDENTS OR THE FAMILIES!!! PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WORK HERE--YOU WILL BE SO SORRY!!!!!
A day at work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I work with elderly residents, helping in with the residents ADLS. Trying make their day a little brighter, I help shower, assit with feeding, dressing. I also do charting, obtain vital signs for nurses.
management is a joke,nursing care for the most part is non-existent
Floor nurse locked unit 01/2O10 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: poor management, poor nursing care and general bad attitudes
management allows things to go on in this company that is considered abuse in my eyes and when i reported it i was written up and told that i was not a team player.Patient needs are very seldom addressed let alone taken care of.I would not put my dog in this place.
trained cna
cerfied nursing assistance (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: must take lunch break whether finish work or not
Cons: provide quaility care for resident is a must for me
fun ,how to get along with others,need to listen to staff morer,co-worker are great,working when you short staffed helping resident
Is a place that is fun and room for advancement.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Sanger, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: honoring days off when needed, also very good at motivating employees with games and prizes.
Cons: breaks can sometimes be interrupted. healthcare plan could be better.
My day consist of ensuring all needs of activities of daily living are met.I have learned to be opened minded as well as understanding. Management is willing to hear of changes to improve work environment .A death of one of my patients is the hardest part. .My work place is a fun loving environment.The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing i made a difference in a patients life. Makes me feel very productive at the end of my shift.

About Golden Living Centers

Every aspect of every Golden LivingCenter and Community is focused on the patients and residents we serve. That means you have – Read more

Golden Living Centers Salaries