Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Busy environment
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  La Crescent, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Frequently short-staffed. Steady pace as long as no miscellaneous events occurred (ex. fall). Enjoyed time with residents. Management could have been better.
very hard place to work
Housekeeper/ Laundry (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I feel they are out for themselves and money. they are not interested in the well being of the residents or their staff. I feel they are unwilling to make change to met peoples needs instead of their own.
Manager Account Receivables (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 21, 2017
Review and process claims for all Managed Care patients. Provide ongoing training to staff as needed. Review all high risk claims and track claims until payment is rec'd. Because of my knowledge I can easily recognize trends and start working with payer to resolve issues. The most enjoyable part is seeing old money come in on an account that is past 160 days old.
Great team work
Charge Nurse ∙ Skilled Nursing Facility (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Split assignment, manage LPN's and PCT, assessment, medication management, and provide safety of elderly confused staff. Chart reviews and report updates to doctors and ARNP's as needed.
Pros
team work, long term patient care
Cons
8 hours shifts, staffing shortage
Golden Living Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WISeptember 20, 2017
Golden Living center was the first facility I worked at with my CNA license. It was poorly managed and didn't have advancement in a career. The wages were not competitive with other facilities. Although the residents were amazing, the entire facility as a whole needed improvement in state statues and management. It has potential to be a great place for employment under the right management and guidances.
Pros
Spaced out nice for rehab patients
Cons
zero offered overtime pay
Golden Living offered me lots of opportunities in the community I served
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 20, 2017
I took a small sleepy facility to the foremost post acute care in the town in CA. I was allowed to run marketing to what I imagined and we were very well know.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
None I can think of
I loved my postition.
Dietary Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 19, 2017
Busy enjoyable. good team to work with. They cared about the residents and the families, planed events for them, made holidays a family affair. Sorry I left the position.
great work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vanceburg, KYSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working there everyone was very nice and helpful. the nurses were nice and would help the aides when we needed the help we got plenty of breaks no one was over worked everyone helped eachother when they needed the help. very good place to work
Na
Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Fowler, CASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I just was ready to try a new opportunity. It's a personal decision for me to see what else I can do based on my education and experience. I think if there is an opportunity for employment, you should take the risk and apply.
Pros
They honestly try to appreciate you, as much as they can based on budget. I worked for some companies that didn't even care to try
Cons
hard to advance
Terrible.
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Florence, WISeptember 15, 2017
High stress, short staffed, poor management, no help from corporate big wigs, no pay raises, low morale. Unable to take time off due to staffing issues.
Pros
Cons
see review
ok
Scheduler- receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 13, 2017
i went to work for the patients. i enjoyed their company. they was always happy people. i left with a heavy heart due to the late of staffing. i enoyed my time here
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Everyone was very friendly always worked together to help each other cared a lot about their residents and employees nurses always were willing to get on the floor and help their cnas and were very sweet
Pros
Discounts on uniforms
Cons
Worked short at times
Great People to work with
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 12, 2017
No training, you learn by calling another BOM to help each other go though the work process. I've learned how to run the BO and manage funds coming in and out the building. I enjoy working with my team and keeping the residents happy from many different situations.
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
Wearing to many hats, your not focused on one role
Golden Living Center is not a good place they over work you and under pay you.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Clock in and get your cart and make sure all your supplies are on your cart and if you have all your bottles filled with the right cheicals you need for cleaning
great team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 9, 2017
I worked for Golden Living for 6 years, the management was pretty fair, and the wages for being a cna, was above average. Plenty of over time, with incentives.
No time off
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 9, 2017
I ended up going per dorm here because there was never coverage for time off and nurses were often mandated to stay because they had no relief. A pro would be they always have supplies.
Pros
Always have supplies
Cons
Not enough staff
Terrible
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 4, 2017
It sucked the absolute life out of you. They were not very good at communication. It was very stressful, lack of help even from the higher up. I did enjoy the residents that I worked with. It was always the best part.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
There are too many to count
Very busy place of work, lack of training
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Poquoson, VASeptember 3, 2017
This was a rewarding job because of the residents but it was extremely stressful. Long hours and short staffed. The residents were great but the physician on staff was not very involved. I miss the residents
Pros
Caring for great residents
Cons
Short staffed
Golden Living was a nice place to work
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36106September 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with Golden Living, it afforded me many opportunities for advancement. It allowed me to grow as an individual and advance in my career.
good staff
Registered Nurse / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2017
Patients there were patient with mental retardation, it was empathetic working with this group of patient. Staff were professional and played theme work.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
management wasn't great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9