Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,198 reviews matching the search
Dietary Aide, Cook, and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEMarch 6, 2017
This place had great benefits, and I was able to advance in the company. The coworkers were also great to work with. The job can be repetative but you also knew what was expect of you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
breaks were short.
No teamwork
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 6, 2017
management is horrible, no communication, shortness of staff, overall lacking professionalism, No teamwork, poor workplace culture, low morale
Pros
Great CNAs
Cons
Horrible Managment
Demanding, stressful
LVN - Treatment Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed this company when I first started. The management was great!.As time passed, so did my experience. The company was bought out in 2009, our pay raises were frozen indefinitely in 2011, our DON retired in 2013, my partner passed away, all around the time we converted to computer charting. The workload increased with the new management. There was very little teamwork toward staff, along with low or no supplies, and a slow computer system. I was made to feel responsible for what was inevitable. I felt unappreciated and unwelcome, so I resigned after almost 10 years. It was difficult, but necessary for my health.
Pros
Co-workers, patients
Cons
(CNA) Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PA 16301March 2, 2017
Loved working here. Great working with you and your home schedule. Had great pay and benefits. Eight and twelve hour shifts were offered.
the best is the residents to care for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2017
a very buzy day, anywhere from 10,15 patients a day, i learned alot about illnesses and how to care for wonderful patients, mangement that is really the problem their, they may have the degrees for the job but people and patient skills is awful. pay and management. working and learning in the medical field
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay
Never a dull moment!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vanceburg, KYMarch 1, 2017
Human Resources was a very busy job , but must be able to multitask several different projects at one time. I enjoyed the resident and co worker interaction, but as in long term care, very difficult to see a resident pass.
Pros
Company consultants with expedient answers.
Cons
Being contacted by employees when you were not working regarding vacations, ins. etc.
hard to balance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 28, 2017
I loved my residents and wouldn't trade the experience of working with them for the world. Management was very demanding and wasn't very accommodating. Was very hard to balance work and home life working here since overtime was a must all the time it seemed.
A very caring and enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day is fast paced and the hours go by quick. I usually learn something new almost every day. The management staff is top notch. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I cant please everyone all the time. The best part of working at Golden Living other than the staff I work with is getting to know the residents that live in the facility
Pros
The activities the residents and staff do together
Cons
Inspections
fun place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tell City, INFebruary 28, 2017
It was a fun place to work. management helped you out if you didn't know how to do something or if you needed help with anything. I learned how to not be so shy talking to people. I got to chat with customers while taking their order or if we weren't busy, while they waited on their food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSFebruary 26, 2017
I Had An Awesome Experience Working With My Patients. Golden Living Center Was A Great Facility To Be A Part Of Their Staff
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIFebruary 25, 2017
A typical day for a dietary aide starts off with setting up the main dining room followed by setting up room trays. Then followed by serving the meals to the residents. Finishing off the day with washing dishes and cleaning up the dining room.
environment
Weekend RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Customer service is great. Staff address concerns of residents and family members quickly. Management is stable and work to provide an environment that promotes team work
Golden Living Centers - NC
VP Business Development (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
As of February 23, 2017 Golden Living operates 60 centers throughout the United States. These centers are still very active and vibrant. We do not have plans to close any of these centers and it's our intention to operate them at the same high standard as we have in the past. There has been some downsizing in the corporate office in Ft. Smith, AR but this has no impact on the centers or service throughout the US. We continue to strive to employ the best associates in each market and create a rewarding and positive environment for both employees and patients. We look forward to talking to you about several positions currently available in Charlotte, NC at our Job Fair on February 24, 2017.
Awesome place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Employer always fair and balanced, co-workers are amazing. Felt comfortable working there and stayed busy! Residents weee the sweetest people, management ALWAYS included employees in lunches and observes! FREE CEU's was awesome!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
No cons
Layoffs have commenced
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my coworkers, but the company itself is in a mass layoff . . . 3 layoffs from November 20, 2016 thru end of year, and already a mass layoff in January 2017, another scheduled for April 2017. If you're looking for short-term work with low pay, the people are great!
Pros
Co-workers are awesome
Cons
Low pay
A very good place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2017
Work from 2012 to 2015 when the facility closed down.It was a very calm place to work.benefits was greatly good with 401k and vacation hours.on the whole the atmostphere was very friendly and great team work area.Calm
i loved my job
Director of Dining Services-CDM/CFPP (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, KSFebruary 17, 2017
truly enjoyed every aspect of my job. Most of us worked as a team. lots of hours, very enjoyable. My consultant was very helpful in my training. I had three 0 deficiency State Surveys
Pros
close to home
Cons
close to home
One of the best long-term care organizations in the country.
Director, Labor Relations (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 17, 2017
Worked with many skilled nursing facilities from Massachusetts to Florida and assisted with general HR and Labor Relations issues. Developed a supervisory training program and scheduling program for the nursing departments.

Excellent people with a true love for the elderly and the care needed to ensure that they feel like they are at home rather than being institutionalized.
Pros
Wages, hours, benefits
Cons
Company being sold.
Excelent company
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  West Newton, MAFebruary 17, 2017
Organized, I've learned all my management skills in this company, they give opportunities to grow up inside the company.
Pros
Excelent, good relationship with the employees
Cons
is far from my house.
Great place to work.
RN Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I have worked there for three years. It's a great place to start as a recent graduate in nursing. I love my job and the atmosphere there. Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9