Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Life at golden living
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2015
My co workers was amazing ! The management was a little ehh but overall i loved my job here. Typical day was set the tables, set the drink carts, and serve the food. afterwards it was cleaning up the rooms and resetting the tables for the morning shift.
Pros
Loved my kitchen staff.
Cons
The nurses were rude.
Overall Golden Living Centers
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSDecember 9, 2015
There is a lot of autonomy to run your facility, although the expextations are clearly defined. There's not a lot of hign presure sales, but your AVP works close with you and offeres a lot of help and suggestions. I absolutely loved my AVP and everyone else did too. Our Center was able to attain the highest census growth for our state of Kansas Centers for 2014. We also received other recognitions at the annual meeting for the region. For the most part we had a super team and we all worked well together. We also had a lot of fun together with employee activities and events both inside and outside work. Golden Living is an outstanding company to work for, they really are. You give them your best and they wuill give you theirs.
High Demand Environment
Business Office Assistant- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2016
Maintain Customer Service in skill nursing environment. Experienced demands from business to healthcare. Management and peers unbalanced in communication. Hardest upholding productivity, enjoyable making a difference.
Pros
Family and patients
Cons
Long travel to and from work
fun working envierment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOMay 31, 2016
the most enjoyable part of this job was the people who lived there and all of there things they had to talk about that day. a typical day at work clock in do any left over dishes prep for the cook take the food to the residents
Pros
free lunch great people
Cons
hours
Productive And A Great Learning Expericance In A Fast Pace Work Enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Union City,TnJuly 18, 2016
I Learned A lot At Golden Living...That Not Everyone Has The Same Diet I Learned Pureeing Food,I learned What Mect Soft Was.
Pros
Free Dinner For Dietary Employees
Cons
Lunch Break To Short And Goes By Too Fast
Good place to work overall
Golden Living Care Center Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSMay 13, 2016
Coworkers enjoyed patients and had time to spent with them. Got along great with coworkers and patients. Always short staffed so had problems retaining staff. Management in general was not supportive of staff.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor management
Overall great work environment and staff.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 26, 2016
Golden Living was a great work experience, knowledgeable staff and extremely organized business. Only negative review is that they force minors to work over the legal limit of hours. My last day at the facility was when I was forced to work 20 hours straight at the age of 16.
Encourages growth and quality of life
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 10, 2016
facility provides patients with fish tank and bird cage for residents pleasure, encourages dogs and cats to be brought in for residents while visiting, rehabilitation department has been newly renovated, staff are very kind and caring.
Golden living center
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 4, 2016
This was one of the best experience that I've had. I loved to work with my elders, I love help them if they just needed a extra arm walking down the hall way. I worked in the kitchen preparing the food for my elders. I would have to set up the tray line and bust tables.
Pros
helping the elders
Cons
when i would befiend one and they pass away
Cube City
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 25, 2016
Several people, mainly women, that are put in cubes to work. It feels like it is high school all over again. There is little supervision and little respect for others.
Pros
casual dress code, dining center on site
Cons
Too many people, too little supervision
First experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 7, 2015
This place allowed me to start nursing practice; Newly graduate can be given a chance to explore one's potential and learn improve professional.
Pros
Good coporation
Cons
Could improve in compensation
Friendly environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 26, 2016
I was only part-time, the was okay as all jobs go. The manager was great to work with. The co-worker are nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when they let me go. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something that great.
Pros
Nice co-worker
Cons
There was no cons
Good Company
Sr. PSR /Hospital Patient Transition Liaison (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
Communicating and marketing of product in a hospital setting. Currently focusing on main hospitals and social workers from a customer service and selling standpoint.
Pros
great company national
Cons
limitied exposure
Revolving door. Low moral. Always low on supplies. Good place to start but not too stay.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fresno CAJuly 23, 2015
Don't stay too long. Move on to a hospital. I only lasted 3 months. They don't pay for your sick day. Raises are in small increments. They are always out of supplies. The residents are unclean and not well Cared for.
Pros
They hire newbies
Cons
Low pay. Ugly work schedule. Lots of call ins. Low moral. Unclean environment. Bad benefits.
Family like staff
CNA (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAFebruary 27, 2016
I loved my job and everything I did. I loved the patients I cared for on a daily basis. The patients made my day everyday. I learned to deal with difficult people and was able to notify the nurse if there was an issue going on with that patient. I loved working with the staff that was there. It made the day go fast and most of the staff felt like family instead of co-workers. It was a good company.
Loved getting to know residents and interacting with them.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMay 14, 2015
I loved working with the older CNA's on this job. They were so knowledgeable, friendly, and they did things they way you are taught in the class. I loved meeting the residents and getting to know them, a lot of them were very sweet. The worst parts of the job were bad pay (even a lot of the older CNA's complained about making only $8 an hour and having no benefits, nor any raises). The absolute worst thing about this job was working with the younger women. My first day on the job there was so much drama surrounding two women it was ridiculous. 97% of the women ages 20-35 were involved in drama and ridiculousness at this job. They were not doing things correctly when it came to helping residents with activities of daily living. It was ridiculous.
Pros
Beautiful place, they offer lunch and dinner at a very low rate, and the older CNA's are very helpful and nice, also, the woman who makes the schedules will work around your schedule if you need her to.
Cons
Childish behavior by the younger crowd, low pay, no benefits.
lpn
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 28, 2016
work the night shift, like any other place nursing home , you have pro and cons all in what you are really able to handle. meeting and devoping relatioship with other nurses and pt. heavey work load and keeps you busy very worth it.
Health care
Director of Admission and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 30, 2016
I love learning new things, and pitching in to help whenever I can. I am extremely diligent when it comes to my career. All employees play an extremely important rule in keeping structure in the work place.
great company
Staffing Coordinator and Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 6, 2016
Golden Living Center is a great company to work for. I have been employed there for 5 years. They offer many learning opportunities. Golden Living helped me excel is many area's
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 25, 2016
Pay taxes a work closely with Cover several states. Also Federal and state Taxes. Assist and help coworkers with there daily tasks also.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
long compute, no longer challenging.

2.9