Golden Living Centers

Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Golden Living
Medication Aide (Former Employee), Point Loma, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: guaranteed hours
Cons: administration is never in the building
a typical day there ...
well I simply loved my job, the everyday, the residents and coworkers where amazing i really enjoy working there.
great work enviroment
Maintenance director (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSApril 25, 2015
i loved working here. staff was friendly and caring. Management is exceptional. the pay was good and there is many benefits that go along with the position
THIS FACILITY ITS REALLY GREAT WITH THEY EMPLOYERS AND RESIDENTS.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: THE MANAGEMENT BUY FOOD FOR US.
Cons: NONE
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK ITS CALL THEM FOR SMOKE BREAK, I LEARN ABOUT EVERY RESIDENT HAS THEY OWN WAY TO EXPRESS THEM SELF.MANAGEMENT ITS GENIAL ,AND MY CO WORKERS ARE SUPER..THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB ITS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ON GUARD.AN THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB ITS I LOVE IT ALL.
Very Productivce time consuming
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Golden living is a loveable place to work if your friendly person and love people. I was love by everyone and its a nice career with benefits and other opportunities.
Poorly structured, no concern for quality of care of staff or residents
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 22, 2015
Each facility has it's own unique challenges but every Golden Living facility with union active has a large barrier... Poor performing employees that are impossible to terminate and a union to stand behind them. Worse is the fact that senior administration do not support any decisions you make regarding the quality of care.
Easy workload but horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Easy workload
Cons: Stayover policy, horrible management
This company is an okay company. The pay is not that great but the work is not that difficult. Staffing is always short and the management is horrible. The management does not care about the employees and are hard to talk to. They look for any and everything to write you about.
Team work is encouraged daily by the DNS
Registered nurse (Current Employee), Starmount, Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2015
Pros: DNS is a great leader and has a open door policy
Cons: no raises
We work in an environment that promotes excellence and there is always encouragement to improve. The Nursing Manager always ask "Do you know your Purpose "
hard job to do
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 18, 2015
Pros: Helping the eldrly
Cons: Hard on the back and body
Working in nursing can be a hard job to do especially when you have to lift patients that are over 200 pounds. It is very hard on your back
disorganized, poor communication, poor staffing, filthy, unsafe
Nurse (Current Employee), MinnesotaApril 18, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor staffing, high turnover, poor housekeeping, tiny resident rooms
great employees, old building, old phone and computer systems, inefficient management, high staff turnover, favoritism predominates upper management jobs, infrequent pay increases, extremely poor housekeeping, extremely poor food for residents
A day at work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 15, 2015
I really enjoyed getting to know the patients and their family while taking care of them for usually 3 months. I felt almost a part of their family.
Great enviroment
Dietary aid (Former Employee), 117 Old Soldiers Lane Frankfort, KyApril 14, 2015
Pros: appreciateve of customers
Cons: unorganized with stock.
This nursing home does an outstanding job of employee appreciation and also giving benefits to them as well. Also enjoyed the PTO (paid time off).
I love the people I work with
Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 13, 2015
Pros: Interaction with lots of demographics, work family, projects I get to accomplish
Cons: Benefits, compensation
I love the people that I work with. They became my work family so quickly and are very supportive at work and outside of work. The people that I get to meet are always different and I enjoy that aspect of it very much. The only thing I'm not happy with is the instability of the job position. My hourly compensation is just fine for me, however, the number of hours based on census is a problem. It fluctuates so frequently that I can't exactly budget efficiently for my personal life and needs. Honestly, it's not a "full-time" position if I have to worry about the amount of hours required based on the number of patients we have in the facility. This causes me personal strife in that I can't help but feel like these patients are numbers more than they are patients.
great work stability
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2015
Nursing skills are utilized. Flexible schedule. Pleasant work environment. Understanding and fair management. Turn over rate for nursing poor.
Food Service
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAApril 7, 2015
I prepped breakfast for the elderly and washed the dishes. I learned to make different foods. The co workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was watching the elderly die and dealing with the dimensia patients. the most enjoyable part was being around food and the elderly
5 Star Facility
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Tarboro, NCApril 7, 2015
Good company to work for; a Five Star Facility. Excellent management; numerous employees with 10 year and above tenure.
Turn the other way, find somewhere else.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: Rude charge nurses, poor management, lack of communication, dirty breakroom.
If you are looking for a professional place of work, this is not the place. Communition is poor here, the nurses don't give you any kind of report of what is going on when you first come on your shift. You are pretty much left on your own to figure things out. You have questions, no one knows the answer. The charges nurses think they have the right to talk to you anyway they want, no respect.They will fire you before they even investigate. The management is bad, all they really care about is saving the company money, cutting your hours of work. Not caring how you will pay your bills. They will get rid of you in a heart beat, even if you are a good employee and one thing goes wrong. They are always hiring, because people are always quiting.
To obtain full time job as a direct sopport professinal in a care selling.
Assisted with activities of daily living. (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MN 55108April 1, 2015
Talked with customers and took food orders and prepared sandwiches.
Operated cash register,handled money and credit cards and made change.
started as a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 29, 2015
Ended as a difficult place to work because unsettled management staff.Management made job difficult with constant changes and no real direction as to how to smooth out the wrinkles.
Interesting Place to Work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 27, 2015
There is no typical day
No Training
Benefits are better than some but subpar
Unclear direction
Director is very wish washy and does not have a set mindset never can make decisions.
We hire everyone that walks in the door.
I enjoyed the independence of being the Director of Clinical Education
Director of Clinical Education (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIMarch 23, 2015
I did the Infection Control and teaching the staff, residents' and families. I enjoy caring for the Geriatric population.

About Golden Living Centers

Every aspect of every Golden LivingCenter and Community is focused on the patients and residents we serve. That means you have – Read more

Golden Living Centers Salaries