Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Productive place to work very team orienated
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 23, 2017
Ii had fun being their with my coworkers but I felt as if management could use some changes. Management had very poor people skills. The company it self is not a bad place.
Box Office Representative
Box Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 10, 2017
Work with public scanning tickets and ushering them to their seats when needed. I enjoy this job and the co workers are all nice. The most enjoyable part is getting to listen to the concerts. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
Get alot of discounts and get to listen to concerts.
Cons
Not full time
Worst place ive ever worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2017
Work environment not got too much favorittism too mucwork long hours taking care of people no breaks fot sickh work not enough pay no breaks can eat nothing
Pros
Favoritism
Cons
Ok
Diverse
Special Events Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Although this position was not what I imagined I met some amazing people both professionally and personally and was able to build lasting relationships
Cool place to wirk
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2016
Fun and nice place to work. Very friendly staff and easy to get along with others. Lots of safety training and customer service training
Pros
Food and snacks are free
Cons
Nice brks
nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 25, 2016
Deal and supervise poker room. I learned new computer software. Management has been very helpful. Lots of nice coworkers. Some difficult personalities at the tables when losing money. Lots of good conversation with guest and coworkers.
Work hours was very good
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 16, 2016
Working there you learn new things everyday
Managers and supervisors give you everything you need to do the job and once in a while they will put you on new this and show you how to do it
Pros
Free food and work hours
Cons
No PTO on weekend or Hollandaise
Great place to work at.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 13, 2016
I love this opportunity the gave me to work with patients on a one on one basis on a daily routine. Management was great and very responsible.
Positive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 13, 2016
This work place was a positive place and when the work day started it went by fast because all the people that worked there very fun.
The end of the month they would celebrate everyones birthday in that month free cake
Casino housekeeping EVS (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 13, 2016
Golden Nugget was a great place to work. You had opportunity to move up in the work place. They treated you right, when you requested days off. The staff was very understanding when we were short handed we all pitch in where we could to help.
Pros
Win awards and drawings
Cons
No free lunch
Needs Better Standards
Casino Hotel Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 26, 2016
Work was always a pleasure but the staff was always unpleasant. The food wasn't really good. Pay was not that great. Management was not good at all and everything was very disorganized.
Golden Nugget Casino, Atlantic City
Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 12, 2016
Golden Nugget Casino good late night show at the Deck.Great customer service at the hotel line. Every weekend clubs are wild. Excellent give away Promotion. Chill, and free wi-fi lodge and Starbucks lodge
Pros
Free Parking even the Summer, Great location away from the City close to Bogota and Harris
Cons
Small Environment
Good short term job, not so great long term
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 8, 2016
It is an alright company to work at not as good as other properties. does not offer enough for employees or give enough incentive to do more in the company
Pros
Employee discount throughout the property
Cons
bad benefits
Not for the faint of heart
Warehouse Attendent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 5, 2016
You need some thick skin to work at GNLC. Upper management is very petty and elitist. The pay is better than the other casinos in the area but believe me when I say the turnover rate is terrible. They are willing to fire you for the slightest of infractions. Raises are a joke however, so don't expect to make a fortune unless you move up.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Very hostile work envirornment
Beautiful, fun, and entertaining property to work for.
Entertainment & Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 29, 2016
Handling all social media platforms. Responding and answering guest questions. Photographing request from all departments: restaurants, retail, entertainment, marketing, and special events.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts, can enjoy property on off time.
Keeps you busy
Pit Clerk/Cocktail Servicer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVSeptember 27, 2016
Very productive easy to move up in the company , I miss working for such a wonderful establishment, wonderful management as well as coworkers
Pros
Good money
Cons
Do not care about the well being of their employees
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2016
I have kids and am going to school. Multiple times I was Scheduled during times that I was not available and they knew it. I was told it was my responsibility to have these covered anyways. I never missed a shift or called in, yet I was treated very poorly. Others that went to HR about problems were fired within weeks of letting them know there was a problem. Claim to have an open door policy but that door being opened means that they will tell everyone your business.....
Pros
free meals, but not good meals
Cons
managemnet does not care about their employees
Great Atmosphere
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 3, 2016
Amazing place to work. Learned many things and continue to learn many things. Management is very easy going and respectful.
Every day is a new adventure!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
Typical day at work 8 AM-4 PM Sunday - Thursday as a primary dispatcher. My job is to answer phone calls from guests and co-worker and delegate work to floor officers.

One thing I have learned is how to help a guest rectify their problems just by communicating with them in an empathetic manner.

Management team is an effective group of people that treats everyone fairly and are always taking care of their subordinates in a timely manner. Management is always there to help officers in doing the right thing which helps officers become more efficient and knowledgeable about their jobs

Co-workers are an amazing group of people consisting of all ages, ethnicity's, cultures and backgrounds.

Hardest part of job is dealing with disruptive guests.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help guests with questions, to put a smile on their face and make their stay at the Golden Nugget an enjoyable one.
Poor Management/No Raises
Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 22, 2016
I worked there for 5 years. In that time frame I had only seen 2 raises go out to employees for a laughable amount of 1 - 2%.

The company does not believe in a "Happy Employee Results in a Happy Customer". They are borderline slave drivers to their employees feeding slop in their EDR which is rarely edible (this is a restaurant company mind you).

Their profits go to the company and it's Executives, but they do not appreciate or take care of the help. Instead of raises year after year for 5 years straight they would sink multi-millions into their properties for pointless face lifts. Sure a few of the face lifts were needed, but the amount of money they wasted on pointless ones could have given every employee a raise of 5 - 10% each year.

Do not work for the Landry Corporation at all costs. You will regret it.
Pros
Customers and Employees
Cons
Management and Owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Nugget. Our community is ready to answer.