Golden Nugget Employee Reviews in United States

Do not care about the well being of their employees
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2016
I have kids and am going to school. Multiple times I was Scheduled during times that I was not available and they knew it. I was told it was my responsibility to have these covered anyways. I never missed a shift or called in, yet I was treated very poorly. Others that went to HR about problems were fired within weeks of letting them know there was a problem. Claim to have an open door policy but that door being opened means that they will tell everyone your business.....
Pros
free meals, but not good meals
Cons
managemnet does not care about their employees
Every day is a new adventure!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
Typical day at work 8 AM-4 PM Sunday - Thursday as a primary dispatcher. My job is to answer phone calls from guests and co-worker and delegate work to floor officers.

One thing I have learned is how to help a guest rectify their problems just by communicating with them in an empathetic manner.

Management team is an effective group of people that treats everyone fairly and are always taking care of their subordinates in a timely manner. Management is always there to help officers in doing the right thing which helps officers become more efficient and knowledgeable about their jobs

Co-workers are an amazing group of people consisting of all ages, ethnicity's, cultures and backgrounds.

Hardest part of job is dealing with disruptive guests.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help guests with questions, to put a smile on their face and make their stay at the Golden Nugget an enjoyable one.
Poor Management/No Raises
Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 22, 2016
I worked there for 5 years. In that time frame I had only seen 2 raises go out to employees for a laughable amount of 1 - 2%.

The company does not believe in a "Happy Employee Results in a Happy Customer". They are borderline slave drivers to their employees feeding slop in their EDR which is rarely edible (this is a restaurant company mind you).

Their profits go to the company and it's Executives, but they do not appreciate or take care of the help. Instead of raises year after year for 5 years straight they would sink multi-millions into their properties for pointless face lifts. Sure a few of the face lifts were needed, but the amount of money they wasted on pointless ones could have given every employee a raise of 5 - 10% each year.

Do not work for the Landry Corporation at all costs. You will regret it.
Pros
Customers and Employees
Cons
Management and Owner
Highly intelligent and caring management.Fun and productive work environment
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2016
Fast paced and exciting sales work. Booking room reservations,talking to casino guests and creating and implementing additional 5 star/5 diamond standards throughout the property with professional contact and meetings throughout the day with executive level management.
Great place to work in college.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 10, 2016
While I was in college this was the best place to work. They work with your school schedule. Now that I am done with college, I am just looking for a job to grow in a career. Most of the position that are "career" type jobs are taken so that is why I am looking elsewhere.
Fun, professional work place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 20, 2016
I really loved my job as a bartender at Golden Nugget! The guests were enjoyable as well as my co-workers and management.
Productive and fun place to work.
Change Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
I don't remember much of it, Mr. Wynn used to be the owner, best place to work when he was the owner; treat his employees with dignity and equality, best benefits, best meals for lunch, best Christmas parties and gifts for the holidays, best on everything, very enjoyable to work for.
Pros
everything
Cons
Productive and Fun work place.
Pool Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2016
The Golden Nugget has an inviting work environment; always striving to go above and beyond in exceeding guest satisfaction and providing excellent customer service.
Great Experience
Starbucks GM/ Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 5, 2015
Golden Nugget has molded me into the employee that I am today. I have been able to learn from some amazing people. I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Casino lifestyle
Good working enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2015
Friendly and fun work place. The management care for all employees. Everyone is treated equally. They have excellent teamwork.
This was an amazing company to work for
Casino Race and Sports Book Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Supervising ticket writers, maintain a good relationship with bettors, issue cash drawers, place deposits and withdrawls from the casino cage. provide excellent customer service to bettors, general public, casino supervisory staff and casino executives.

How to maintain a high level of supervisory skills and use patience when holding seminars on teaching individuals how to place wagers.

I had a good team of employees

counting large sums of money by hand, in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars (no money counters allowed)

The entire job was enjoyable, one of the best jobs I had
Pros
everything
Cons
no benefits
learning all the desserts recipes
Baker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 8, 2015
Very enjoyable coworkers, love the experience of learning new recipes, and love being able to to decorate the desserts
Pros
free lunches, more knowledge, more passion
Cons
not that much cons
coworkers&over all
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 5, 2015
I would have been still working here if it wasn't for family problems, I very much enjoyed working for this company.Costumers , coworkers and Bosses were very friendly and get along well.I only had one problem. Spanish language was spoken freely and inappropriate
Pros
n/a
Cons
Spanish language was spoken inappropriately.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableMonitor day-today operations of all shifts.
SENIOR SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 4, 2015
I loved working for this company and my boss was great. The only problem I had with this job is your over worked and under paid.
fun, energeetic, and vibrant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 26, 2015
Excellent place to work, fun, positive environment. Strong clientele base. Enforces team player attitude, everyone helpful.
Pros
very busy, positive environment
Cons
Seasonal
Best casino/hotel on Downtown
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work. Work under pressure at times, co-workers are great people as well with management. Hardest part of this job is finding your own way of finishing your work of the day when its hard to do so when you cant do anything to clean guests rooms.
Pros
Free lunches, Hour break, health benefits
Cons
Owner not friendly
Poor Management, Unfair
GRA (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 27, 2015
Worked there for 7 years, never got a pay raise the whole time, Management there is the worst I ever worked for, and the pay is only 7.91...Do not go there to work, they treat you like a dog.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
fun work place
Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2015
Work days were either slow or very busy depending on the day. All the co-workers are friendly towards each other. Supervisor are laid back and will work with you, but not to laid back that work isn't being done.
Pros
incentive, tips
Cons
benefits only for full timer
An amazing team to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work is meeting most of my co-workers and managers when I start my shift. I always brighten up when I get to talk to them for a bit and ask how their day is going so far. I learned with working at this department is that you can depend and trust one another. We become this big family that we can all count on each other. The hardest part of the job is probably when it does get busy at times with helping so many customers, but all of my co-workers are willing to help me out at any time, as well as if I call a manager for a back up with the store.
Pros
family team, very motivated, hard working
Cons
times get hectic at work, how late we stay open, sometimes unorganized
Good enviroment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2015
A typical day is always something new and never the same deal. You meet all walks of live working their. The things you learn is that people come their to have a good time. You tend to know your co-workers really well because they are the ones who will watch over you when problems occur. The hardest part of the job is that you are paid lower than other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a guest or employee find lost items or retrieve items, or when you respond to a medical call and help that person out and saving that persons live with he or she stops breathing and you have to administer CPR, and you bring them back to a stable condition.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakes and over priced helth care.