Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with diverse group of people
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJuly 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: Health care benefits
Working with the John Ascuaga's Nugget was really good experience. The management was very helpful with the flexible work schedules. It made my communication much better and enhanced my leadership quality.Customer satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Hostess (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work is fun. My job is very slow and I like to stay busy at all times. My co-workers are nice and I get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay busy because we aren't busy. I love talking to people and getting the chance to mingle with different people that come through to dine in. I learn better communication skills everyday.
Needs improvment
Buffet Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2015
Cons: You have to pay for parking
Under staffed, co-workers are stressed out and under paid but remain friendly. Employees have to pay to park in non secured areas. Employee dining is free, but the food is definitely not worth it.
Not a challeging Job.
Slot person (Current Employee), NVMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, easy work
Cons: Bad healthcare, short breaks, advancement is very dim .
This job is fine as a first time employment or last employment position. The work is not hard and can get quite boring. Co-workers have been there many years and constantly complain. Management wants only bodies in this department. Company has given very few raises in the last 7 years.
Hotel & Casino establishment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Atlantic city, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free paid lunches
Cons: No healthcare
The work day was very productive, checked multiple guest in each day providing them with information, room assignments, handle revenue, and much more. My former co-workers were great! The management was very poor, and is the main reason I decided to leave that company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing guest with help each day, that brought joy to me internally.
For my first job:
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
Pros: edr, culinary, some friendly coworkers, tips.
Cons: unfriendly managers, lack of sympathy.
It was a nice experience. Many times my seasoned associates would tell me, "There's more to life than this job. Don't think every job is like this one." And I carried that thought with me the entire time. I found out that if you just smiled at someone, or said 'hello', it could make their day. Overall, it was an insightful experience. I've learned much about teamwork at The Golden Nugget. I'm grateful for my time there.
Able to greet a diversity of guest whom come in. Get along well with workers, as well as guest
Lead Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: company dinning room, with paid lunch time. flexibility among the company
Cons: expensive health care
I am the lead supervisor to the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Laughlin, NV Valet department. My workers are always willing to do what I ask of them. I wouldn't make them do anything I wouldn't do. We respect each other. I enjoy making the guest we greet feel welcome ,and as if the company is working and looking out for their best interest. We continuously come across a diversity of cultures. Which makes the job most interesting. The worst part of my job is the slow season. Which is towards the month of December. Business is slow and our tips decrease.
fun place to work
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch discounts to resturants, employees were friendly
Cons: not enough shifts always trying to not cover someone taking time off only customers suffer
fun place to work no chance to move up, or get a permanent shift. and the benefits could have been better, but the management needed help in the time i was there they went through 5 beverage directors.
typical day starts off good and they the other girls want to cut the floor and send everybody with less seniority home.
hardest part of job would be trying to stay awake on graveyard and have a 3 year old at home awake when you get home,
productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free meal in dining room each shift
management works closely to employees to insure proper training. a typical day is upbeat and constant work, its a very busy workplace.
The worse job I have ever had with very little management and a poor work structure.
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: the people i work with are nice.
Cons: horrible management, terrible pay, and the overall set up of the valet system is wrong.
A typical day at work at the Golden Nugget for me is going to sound like me only complaining. The employee's at the Golden Nugget are under paid, there is a major lack of management and an out dated system of running their departments. On the plus side, the employees who work here have great attitudes considering the way they are being treated. There is nothing hard about this job and the most enjoyable part of it is talking to the guest.
The worst environment in a work place ever....
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Laughlin, NevadaDecember 18, 2014
Cons: the job is great. the co-workers are disgusting! lowest pay on the river.
A real "click" with 300-400lbers that are permitted to make the environment and atmosphere horrible... Mgmt cares about the #'s, not what turmoil is going on in the work place AT ALL. Numerous people have "walked" over and over.
EDR is gut wrenching food that should really be reported to the health dept. A total nightmare.
Valet (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: poor cafeteria food
Golden Nugget is superior in the casino industry because they are committed to providing the best service possible, no matter the obstacles involved. I am honored to be a part of this winning team.
Fun
Valet (Former Employee), Sparks, NVDecember 10, 2014
Easy and fun but it required a lot of running. The management and co-workers were awesome.
Golden Nugget
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: working grave shift every day leaves no personal life
i come in at about midnight an collect my bank, restock shelves, and prepare to take over the store until about 9 or 10 in the morning.
Fun and exciting place to work
card dealer / trainer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: tips(money)
Cons: breaks were too short
Come to work early at least (30)min.before shift starts. Wait to be assigned to my table.Same routine everyday. I learned about being patient, and working with others. Ive always got along with my shift boss and my co-workers. Hardest part of my day was having to smile when being insulted by players. Most enjoyable part of the job was the support of my boss.
high pace working environment
dealer (Former Employee), lasvegasNovember 17, 2014
Pros: very polite coworkers
Cons: not so good edr
good working relationship cultivated here! great Players
everyone is there to have a great time not to serious.
Enjoyable to have different clients evey day! Great co-workers
Hair Designer/Colorist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2014
Pros: employee's were feed on site. i choose to bring my own/
Cons: at one time the employer added 50% to our 401-k now not so much
During the summer was our slow season so commission based employee's didn't make a lot of money. What I learned was teamwork is a valuable asset in any work environment. Management varied from day to day in their attitude. Working in a corporation is stressful for anyone in management, and their attitude flow down hill.
My co-workers were the glue that held our department together. I could always depend on them for help, for small talk, and for just a smile. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a client you couldn't please. Working hard to do all you can do for a client and a client still isn't happy is just frustrating. When you see the smiles on the majority of clients it makes every minute, every second, and every hour enjoyable doing the job.
A tiny glimpse into a very exciting profession
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sparks, NVOctober 1, 2014
Pros: no limits to patrol areas, taking casual breaks
Cons: "drama", lack of training.
A typical day consisted of walking the entire property: casino floor, hotel tower floors, exterior/parking lots, kitchens/employee areas, and the tasks that came with them: taking chips from the vault to the gaming tables, escorting slot department personnel filling ticket cashing machines, escorting cashier, keno, or other employees carrying cash from their respective areas to the vault, and mediating – more... guest/staff relations.
I learned a lot of what Police Officers can go thru, on a small scale. I would respond to a variety of calls, most times without cops being involved: domestic disputes, theft, physical/verbal altercations, overly intoxicated persons, fraud, vehicle collisions, etc.
Management was terrible. I got a $0.26 raise upon the review of my 3-month probationary period, and that was it. There was always lots of rumors, gossip, and other unnecessary "drama".
The hardest part of the job was what made it fun, almost addicting: never knowing what would happen in a shift. No one can tell the future, of course, and the thought of walking casually around the casino, then having to respond to a situation that's physically threatening was exciting.
They never gave defense classes or other training. It was mostly a "wing it" by each situation job. – less
games dealing
games dealer (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent place
Cons: i like my work, coworkers and upper management are always kind an supportive to all employees and customers
I have learned to deal a good, clean ,accurate games (almost) according to casino rules . Always pleasant to my co-workers ,customers and higher management . I enjoy working for golden nugget company , and people that work there . Customers are always pleasant , kind , and I am always happy to deal to them . For the few not so pleasant , I always try to make them happy, in any way I can
Miserable
Assistant Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This is the most horrible place I have ever worked. The management doesn’t have a clue of how to operate in any capacity, from the owner to lower management. They never have supplies, always under staffed, and the health department closed down 2 of the restaurants for infestation.
When the new culinary contract went into affect, people who where perversely receiving 4 weeks vacation are now only getting – more... 2 weeks. I’m speaking of people who have worked there for 20 years.
They work lower management 12-16 hours a day 6 days a week for the same horrendous pay and deafeningly no overtime pay no matter how many hours you work. When this happens, how can they expect someone to make logical decisions.
Day shift employees get to eat carved turkey (which isn’t great) while swing shift employees have to eat left over’s from the buffet and grave shift have to eat dried out sandwiches. I’m sorry to say all these things are absolutely true. – less