Golden Nugget Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work.
Change Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
I don't remember much of it, Mr. Wynn used to be the owner, best place to work when he was the owner; treat his employees with dignity and equality, best benefits, best meals for lunch, best Christmas parties and gifts for the holidays, best on everything, very enjoyable to work for.
Pros
everything
Cons
This was an amazing company to work for
Casino Race and Sports Book Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Supervising ticket writers, maintain a good relationship with bettors, issue cash drawers, place deposits and withdrawls from the casino cage. provide excellent customer service to bettors, general public, casino supervisory staff and casino executives.

How to maintain a high level of supervisory skills and use patience when holding seminars on teaching individuals how to place wagers.

I had a good team of employees

counting large sums of money by hand, in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars (no money counters allowed)

The entire job was enjoyable, one of the best jobs I had
Pros
everything
Cons
no benefits
Productive and Fun work place.
Pool Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2016
The Golden Nugget has an inviting work environment; always striving to go above and beyond in exceeding guest satisfaction and providing excellent customer service.
coworkers&over all
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 5, 2015
I would have been still working here if it wasn't for family problems, I very much enjoyed working for this company.Costumers , coworkers and Bosses were very friendly and get along well.I only had one problem. Spanish language was spoken freely and inappropriate
Pros
n/a
Cons
Spanish language was spoken inappropriately.
Best casino/hotel on Downtown
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work. Work under pressure at times, co-workers are great people as well with management. Hardest part of this job is finding your own way of finishing your work of the day when its hard to do so when you cant do anything to clean guests rooms.
Pros
Free lunches, Hour break, health benefits
Cons
Owner not friendly
Fun, professional work place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 20, 2016
I really loved my job as a bartender at Golden Nugget! The guests were enjoyable as well as my co-workers and management.
An amazing team to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work is meeting most of my co-workers and managers when I start my shift. I always brighten up when I get to talk to them for a bit and ask how their day is going so far. I learned with working at this department is that you can depend and trust one another. We become this big family that we can all count on each other. The hardest part of the job is probably when it does get busy at times with helping so many customers, but all of my co-workers are willing to help me out at any time, as well as if I call a manager for a back up with the store.
Pros
family team, very motivated, hard working
Cons
times get hectic at work, how late we stay open, sometimes unorganized
Good enviroment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2015
A typical day is always something new and never the same deal. You meet all walks of live working their. The things you learn is that people come their to have a good time. You tend to know your co-workers really well because they are the ones who will watch over you when problems occur. The hardest part of the job is that you are paid lower than other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a guest or employee find lost items or retrieve items, or when you respond to a medical call and help that person out and saving that persons live with he or she stops breathing and you have to administer CPR, and you bring them back to a stable condition.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakes and over priced helth care.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableMonitor day-today operations of all shifts.
SENIOR SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 4, 2015
I loved working for this company and my boss was great. The only problem I had with this job is your over worked and under paid.
Fun environment with a great staff
Group Coordinator/Wholesale Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2015
Work was usually extremely busy and fast paced.
I learned a lot about time management and the hotel industry in general. I love to learn, any time there was an opportunity to expand my knowledge I volunteered. Management knew they could depend on not only getting the job done, but it being done correctly. The hardest part would have to be that at many times the office was short-staffed due to the high call volume. The satisfaction of the guest once I completed a reservation for a special occasion.
Pros
Hour long paid lunch
Cons
Short-staffed
Good Opportunities
Front Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 4, 2015
It was good to be a part of a growing company. They have a very laid back culture but still push for results.

Some of the technology was a bit outdated, but nothing that really was hard to work with. I personally don't care much for the brand or its products, but a lot of people really like it so it was enjoyable at least to hear positive feedback.
Pros
Fun, laid back
Cons
Wasn't sold on the brand
learning all the desserts recipes
Baker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 8, 2015
Very enjoyable coworkers, love the experience of learning new recipes, and love being able to to decorate the desserts
Pros
free lunches, more knowledge, more passion
Cons
not that much cons
fun, energeetic, and vibrant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 26, 2015
Excellent place to work, fun, positive environment. Strong clientele base. Enforces team player attitude, everyone helpful.
Pros
very busy, positive environment
Cons
Seasonal
Fun workplace with diverse group of people
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 14, 2015
Working with the John Ascuaga's Nugget was really good experience. The management was very helpful with the flexible work schedules. It made my communication much better and enhanced my leadership quality.Customer satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Health care benefits
Good working enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2015
Friendly and fun work place. The management care for all employees. Everyone is treated equally. They have excellent teamwork.
fun work place
Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2015
Work days were either slow or very busy depending on the day. All the co-workers are friendly towards each other. Supervisor are laid back and will work with you, but not to laid back that work isn't being done.
Pros
incentive, tips
Cons
benefits only for full timer
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work is fun. My job is very slow and I like to stay busy at all times. My co-workers are nice and I get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay busy because we aren't busy. I love talking to people and getting the chance to mingle with different people that come through to dine in. I learn better communication skills everyday.
Poor Management, Unfair
GRA (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 27, 2015
Worked there for 7 years, never got a pay raise the whole time, Management there is the worst I ever worked for, and the pay is only 7.91...Do not go there to work, they treat you like a dog.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not a challeging Job.
Slot person (Current Employee) –  NVMay 9, 2015
This job is fine as a first time employment or last employment position. The work is not hard and can get quite boring. Co-workers have been there many years and constantly complain. Management wants only bodies in this department. Company has given very few raises in the last 7 years.
Pros
Free lunches, easy work
Cons
Bad healthcare, short breaks, advancement is very dim .
Hotel & Casino establishment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic city, NJMarch 27, 2015
The work day was very productive, checked multiple guest in each day providing them with information, room assignments, handle revenue, and much more. My former co-workers were great! The management was very poor, and is the main reason I decided to leave that company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing guest with help each day, that brought joy to me internally.
Pros
Free paid lunches
Cons
No healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Nugget. Our community is ready to answer.