Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Bar back (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVDecember 4, 2017
The bar business is the best. Out of all the departments I think food and beverage is the best the co workers are great and after a few years you start to build a bond with every one
Stressful work environment for lower and middle management
Assistant Manager of Michael Patricks Sports Bar (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 7, 2017
It was sink or swim. Corporate made it extremely stressful for local management. They didn't realize that several of management hadn't even been trained. Owner doesn't seem to care if staff is happy. As long if a body was there that was good enough. Corporate didn't know how to fix anything and would not listen to anyone that had helpful information.
Pros
Has a lot of amenities.
Cons
Management wise you will hate it.
Food and Beverage Dept.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2017
Movement within the company is hard to come by. Dated equipment and procedures. Hassling by surveillance as a hard-working employee for nit-picky actions. Poor management, they are never on the same page. Practically no benefits, besides Health and Dental. Nearly impossible to receive requested days off and vacation. Only 15.14 hours of paid vacation after a year of working as a full-time employee.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low Compensation, no employee discounts, ridiculous surveillance accusations, hard work goes unnoticed, poor management
Great place to work.
Director of Marketing & Advertising (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
You will immediately become part of the family when entering the Golden Nugget. They are blessed to offer premium products and services and work hard to ensure their customers and employees are happy. The Golden Nugget is a fantastic place to learn and grow, if you are considering a position in the hotel and casino industry give Golden Nugget a try.
Pros
Free lunch, fabulous community supporters.
Favoritism showed
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
Manager had "Favorites" and they were allowed to do whatever they had wanted. She would Not fight for pay increases for those who were doing a better job or for those who always met their deadlines.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Decent place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  United statesSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Because of seniority issues anyone under 15 years is considered reletively new whcih makes it more difficult to advance or change schedules.
Pros
Free Lunch
Stay far away from this place
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
Terrible place to work they do not promote family life working for the Golden Nugget should be the most important aspect of your life not your family not your new born child. If you do something right in your life do not apply here do not work here.
Nonefast
Steward (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 27, 2017
Fast. Move on your feet quick
Horrible
They not professional it's very small
Nothing ready always a tussle looking for everything
No food prep always makes it harder on us
great opportunity
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ RESERVATIONS (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 17, 2017
i learned alot working at the golden nugget. Supervisors care deeply about your wellbeing not just your job performance. i have learned alot while being there and i miss it very much!
Cool
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 10, 2017
Great place to make money but sometimes your work live will become your whole life when working here
The benefits are mediocre depending on lifestyle and your family
Dealing cards in a poker tournament
Work from time to time as a temporary employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
This job taught me how to work with irritate customers, and customers that had been drinking alcoholic beverages. Management was very supportive with the employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing people get excited when they won a tournament.
Pros
Getting experience as a card dealer
Cons
Working with hard to deal with customers
Fast pace fun place to work
Lead Valet Supervisor/Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 5, 2017
Enjoy working for the golden nugget. Great benefits and always busy! 50% discount being a team member also free concert tickets from time to time......
summary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 2, 2017
Responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. Worked in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. Involves heavy lifting
Dealer
A FLOOR SUPERVISOR/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
I loved my job at the Golden Nugget. As like any job, there are pros and cons with any position you have. I worked as a Dealer and floor supervisor. I enjoyed both positions.
nice place to work
Tournament Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2017
Tournament staff was excellent, I enjoyed working with everyone. Everyone was helpful and made me feel comfortable. I would work again dealing in another tournament.
Good Benefits!
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 7, 2017
I loved coming to work each day. One of the best casinos to work for! Only problem I had with this company ,was how the ethnic culture that would come to work from Puerto Rico out-weighed the diversities of our american culture.
Pros
payrate
Cons
etnc issues
horrible
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
What else can say other than deplorable not at all professional, poor management, poor benefits. One of those jobs that you absolutely wish you didnt have to wake up to in the morning or in my case nights.
Pros
Cons
everything you think that would make your job negative and more
bad environment.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2017
Total Nightmare, worst job environment, the supervisor was a bully, and prejudice. Management isn't much better. You have to pay to park, and the pay is very low.
Pros
Cons
not worth your time.
productive
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 24, 2017
I enjoy the job and the people I was able to see everyday. I learned to interact with people and get out of my comfort zone. I learned foods and beverages that I do not consume on a daily basis.
It feels like working with family (sometimes)
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaMay 18, 2017
Downtown casinos a lot of times have a strong work culture, where employees will come together and try their best to be their for each other and just do their best to be pleasant to each other. The Golden Nugget is like that except management is a lot more complicated, and the property is a little nicer.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prices at restaurants for a fee, typically flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, everything is really fast, not everybody you work with is going to be completely qualified for their position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Nugget. Our community is ready to answer.