Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Cool
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 10, 2017
Great place to make money but sometimes your work live will become your whole life when working here
The benefits are mediocre depending on lifestyle and your family
Fast pace fun place to work
Lead Valet Supervisor/Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 5, 2017
Enjoy working for the golden nugget. Great benefits and always busy! 50% discount being a team member also free concert tickets from time to time......
summary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 2, 2017
Responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. Worked in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. Involves heavy lifting
Dealer
A FLOOR SUPERVISOR/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
I loved my job at the Golden Nugget. As like any job, there are pros and cons with any position you have. I worked as a Dealer and floor supervisor. I enjoyed both positions.
nice place to work
Tournament Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2017
Tournament staff was excellent, I enjoyed working with everyone. Everyone was helpful and made me feel comfortable. I would work again dealing in another tournament.
Good Benefits!
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 7, 2017
I loved coming to work each day. One of the best casinos to work for! Only problem I had with this company ,was how the ethnic culture that would come to work from Puerto Rico out-weighed the diversities of our american culture.
Pros
payrate
Cons
etnc issues
horrible
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
What else can say other than deplorable not at all professional, poor management, poor benefits. One of those jobs that you absolutely wish you didnt have to wake up to in the morning or in my case nights.
Pros
Cons
everything you think that would make your job negative and more
bad environment.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2017
Total Nightmare, worst job environment, the supervisor was a bully, and prejudice. Management isn't much better. You have to pay to park, and the pay is very low.
Pros
Cons
not worth your time.
productive
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 24, 2017
I enjoy the job and the people I was able to see everyday. I learned to interact with people and get out of my comfort zone. I learned foods and beverages that I do not consume on a daily basis.
It feels like working with family (sometimes)
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaMay 18, 2017
Downtown casinos a lot of times have a strong work culture, where employees will come together and try their best to be their for each other and just do their best to be pleasant to each other. The Golden Nugget is like that except management is a lot more complicated, and the property is a little nicer.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prices at restaurants for a fee, typically flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, everything is really fast, not everybody you work with is going to be completely qualified for their position
opinion about the work area i work at
Casino Porter (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 15, 2017
cleaning around the casino floor, the wall bottom and if in the bathroom the about to keep thing the best you can Learned how go and enjoy everything you are do for the person around you and learn how to run wet back and everything their was used in the place of business Management the top if you have a problem you can get it handle at all time. Friendly the better it can be. Leaving it and come out the need day because you do not know with going to happen at any place around the casino. The people you work for at all time you talk and their will be friendly to you.
Amazing place
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here in Las Vegas. They really treat you as an adult and respect you and your personal life as well. They are great with paying you on time.
Pros
Free Lunches, break every hour
Cons
long hours standing
Depends
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 8, 2017
I've been passed up in promotions, more money just because management didn't like you. Didn't matter if you were qualified or been there since before opening. Cost of living goes up ;not down. I made what I make there 30 years ago. I do enjoy working there. Just won't pay the bills. It's also a high turn around. "budget costs"
Pros
leaving early
Cons
Not challenging
I don't know if I would choose to work there again
Dealer/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMay 7, 2017
This company goes through a lot of changes and there is not a lot of care for employees. Some of the supervisors are great but the top guys don't care about anything but making themselves look better.
Would be an excellent place to work if....
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 6, 2017
Let me start off by saying I did enjoy my time with golden nugget for the most part. I loved my job. I always came to work excited and happy because I honestly enjoy being a dealer. I just did not like the company. The management is a joke. There is a lot of favoritism amoungst employees. It doesn't matter how many customers/guests adore you, how hard you work, or how great you do your job, or even how long you have been working there, if you aren't a favorite than you really don't matter and you will never get recognized. Some of the staff in Human Resources are unprofessional. They act like they are there to help you when needed, but honestly they don't care about you either. There is a girl at the front desk who constantly looks uninterested in her job, she's always on her cellphone and gives dirty looks to you if you ask her simple things which are part of her job. If you don't like being in front desk than quit, there are plenty of people unemployed who will do your job with a smile on their face. The food in the cafeteria is terrible. They should not be feeding us that. It is left over from the buffet so it's old food that you don't know how long it's been sitting out. It has even made employees sick. The bathrooms for the dealers are disgusting and always smell really bad, and are dirty. They also like to keep you part time, and work you fulltime hours but the will cut your hours at any given time. Their medical/dental benefits also are not that great. The toke rate is good, but these days it's not great since you never get fulltime position. Only other complaint is  more... that when you are off work they will constantly call you in, literally the same day every week. What I can't understand is that if they know a person calls out every week on the same day why even schedule them? Why not give that day to the person who always comes in when called? Oh wait they aren't a favorite.. oh well.  less
Pros
Fun job, pay
Cons
Too many to list
Golden Nugget
Casino Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2017
In today's world it is not about what you can do or what you know. It's all about pleasing human resources. Step carefully and sail under the radar. Middle management is expendable.
Depends on your department
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 24, 2017
Retail dept was petty and dramatic. Raises were not consistent if ever gotten.
Managers in this dept did their best to accommodate your availability and schedule. Dept held shift meetings before every swap so that people coming in would be well informed on what was going on in the dept.
Nugget offers a discount program for employees for roughly $10/month. Offers ins and other benefits for employees, though I never took part in that. Other little rewards within the casino.
Employee dining hall was available, but often not edible.
Pros
Employee dining hall, vending machines, discount program
Cons
30 minute breaks, petty work environment
It's an alright place to get you started
House Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 15, 2017
Always get the job done right. It's a great place to work to start off. Lots of new people from all over new culture. New languages that you can learn.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Lots of people with attitude
fun, fast paced, and energetic
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2017
I am a craps and blackjack dealer in a high volume casino. It is fun to deal with the public. The management staff is courteous and professional, they are also approachable
Pros
fast paced and overall, fun
Cons
no healthcare, smelly cigars, hard on the back, very stressful
Productive and Growing tremendously
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2017
Best company, casino in New Jersey, Always opportunity for improvement. Growing tremendously and has a great management core. Beautiful building . Great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Nugget. Our community is ready to answer.