Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget Employer Reviews

Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
management is really unprofessional and unhelpful . Co-workers are very sweet and the place is beautiful.
everyday not always the same
Multi-Games Dealer (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMarch 21, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the people
Enjoy the people I work with and enjoy customers. Has moments when it is fun , and everyone is working well together . The faster the pace , the more challenging , the better I like it. the Golden Nugget provides those opportunities
This should sum it up.
Veteran security officer. (Former Employee), Laughlin ,nvFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good lower management, but is hampered by bad upper management. if your a good looking officer with a good personality, women will throw themselves at you. 1 free meal a shift, food quality varies. experience in the field, free training, quality varies.
Cons: low pay, says part time but will work full time on part time status, upper management either doesn't care, or doesn't know how to run a security department, lets the director be a shady tyrant, overtime isn't allowed unless your well liked or a supervisor, only a 2 percent raise after a year, fights happen almost every weekend.it's usually an off week if there isn't atleast two big ones, no pepper spray, or tasers
I started working at GNL august of 2012 after moving and being out of work for a few months. This company is good about calling you back for an interview at least,It is not the worst casino to work at,but by no means the best either..Little else good can be said about it tho. I left the company,I wasn't fired.I worked as an Security Officer for a year – more... and a month. I had some fun and learned alot.in the end it is not a career and I moved on. – less
Friday Fun Day
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: busy lunches
Cons: long breaks were awesome
I always have fun at work I learn everything that has something to do with cleaning the hardest part is when I clean room that's a stay over
Productive and fun
SECURITY OFFICER/MAIL/SHIPPING CLERK/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: friendly and fun place
This was my 1st job since moving to las vegas. I enjoyed working here so much with everything that I learned to move forward in my security job performance that lead me to work and explore other hotels.
Cool experience
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 31, 2013
typical day goes by slow because of the season very cold in our area but will pick soon as the weather breaks. management their very cool. hardest part when the port is full of vehicles an there's 3 long lines. the most enjoyable part interacting with all customers an employees visiting the property
Busy in laundry area
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches. fast pace, there was always something that had to be done
Cons: sorting dirty linnin, no pay raise in 2 years
Bosses were mixed in what they wanted. One boss would say to do one thing the other would tell me to go work in another area. when there was nothing else to do in my station my supervisor would send me to another station and the manager would come behind the supervisor and tell me to go back to my first station.
fun place to work
cage cashier (Current Employee), atlantic city njNovember 7, 2013
I love the environment and the staff is great. Management is wonderful. I love meeting new people.
Not the best place to work at
Security (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJOctober 14, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, no raises
The co workers were good but that's because we all suffered together the Director is full of sh#t and fires people for the littlest things. No raises and the benefits cost an arm and a leg!
Still Evolving
Income Auditor (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 26, 2013
This position is a great way to prefect being attentive to detail and problem solving. Although it can be a bit mundane with completing the same function everyday, it still possesses challenges everyday.

The downside includes inadequate training, inconsistent communciation internally and externally, lack of clear direction within the department, and – more... unprofessional behavior.

The company is eager to progress forward, yet holds itself back with many manual processes as well as "stuck in a rut" mentality. – less
Security dept management doesn't care of there employees sad to say but they kill anyone spirit if u happy not good for the company happy employees ha
Security dept (Current Employee), Atlantic city New JerseySeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch break
Cons: not a friendly place
No good spirit in that worked place security dept is no communication always threating to fired ppl hostile place to work for from director to management has no respect for employees as well no back none for the dept
Fast paced workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVAugust 15, 2013
I would come to work to clean room and replenish amenities. I learned how to properly clean rooms in a fast manner. The hardest part of the job was getting the room done on time, but the most enjoyable was the feeling after it was accomplished.
Famil oriented
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
I learned that the customer comes first ,remember to always be a team player cause everyone learns fro each other.
Good
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2013
Pros: free one meal
Cons: short break
Everything good and I enjoy it. The hardest is working with lazy people.
A job
poker dealer (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 17, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: mostly everything till you find a better job
One of the lowest tipping jobs in Vegas because of 50 cent pieces in dealers trays. Soon it will be quarters because of outdated Vegas clueless poker management. Too many drunks and very slow service.Break in dealers until they find a better job.
fun place to work in the hotel
Bus Person (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2013
Pros: good bebefits
good and wonderful experience in meeting different wonderful and awesome people
All in all okay as long as you stay low
Maintence (Current Employee), Laughlin, NvMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch, 401k, tight knit group of employees
Cons: raises do not cover increases in taxes or insurances, vegas running to the ground due to lack of understanding
Working has always been enjoyable and the department managment has always backed the employees. Higher managment on the hand is either been there forever or rotating out all the time. Houston rotates GMs so often the guys have no understanding of the Laughlin business and are easily swayed by those others that have been sitting in managment a long time.
Las – more... Vegas has most of the say which is not helping either. They refuse to open their eyes that Laughlin could be the next big thing with a little creative marketing and an open mind. laughlin is not Vegas and has a different selling point. They need to reconize this and see that Laughlin did better without Las Vegas watching our every move
All in all I love the employees closeness and wish that Houston would let Laughlin stand on her own as she use to and maybe the business would pick up and it could go back to being number 1 all the way. – less
the job is good the changes make it challenging daily
Cage Supervisor (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch in edr/ 401 k offered / health insurance
Cons: short breaks/ am salary cover hsifts with no compensation
Start 8 am count and verify money and banks, put together and record bank deposits. thoughout day make and oversee transactions with guest and fellow employees.
Management has changed thoughout years now everything literally has to be okayed by Mother company in Las Vegas. I get along with my co-workers. We work together in close proximity.
The hardest – more... part of the job is having to wait on important decisions to be made by Las Vegas first; even if it is the same solution we come up with, we are not allowed to move without Vegas okay.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when things run smoothly. Meeting people and interacting with fellow employees – less
golden nugget is a joke to work for
PROMOTION REP (Former Employee), ATLANTIC CITYJanuary 4, 2013
Cons: food no good
This company doesn't give two cent, bout you
They are bout team building , consist liars
Worse company I worked for
great place to work
Bar Back (Former Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 16, 2012
great place to work very fast past great people to work for great benifits for working there