Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Poor Management/No Raises
Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 22, 2016
I worked there for 5 years. In that time frame I had only seen 2 raises go out to employees for a laughable amount of 1 - 2%.

The company does not believe in a "Happy Employee Results in a Happy Customer". They are borderline slave drivers to their employees feeding slop in their EDR which is rarely edible (this is a restaurant company mind you).

Their profits go to the company and it's Executives, but they do not appreciate or take care of the help. Instead of raises year after year for 5 years straight they would sink multi-millions into their properties for pointless face lifts. Sure a few of the face lifts were needed, but the amount of money they wasted on pointless ones could have given every employee a raise of 5 - 10% each year.

Do not work for the Landry Corporation at all costs. You will regret it.
Pros
Customers and Employees
Cons
Management and Owner
Not for the faint of heart
Warehouse Attendent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 5, 2016
You need some thick skin to work at GNLC. Upper management is very petty and elitist. The pay is better than the other casinos in the area but believe me when I say the turnover rate is terrible. They are willing to fire you for the slightest of infractions. Raises are a joke however, so don't expect to make a fortune unless you move up.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Very hostile work envirornment
Good short term job, not so great long term
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 8, 2016
It is an alright company to work at not as good as other properties. does not offer enough for employees or give enough incentive to do more in the company
Pros
Employee discount throughout the property
Cons
bad benefits
Every day is a new adventure!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
Typical day at work 8 AM-4 PM Sunday - Thursday as a primary dispatcher. My job is to answer phone calls from guests and co-worker and delegate work to floor officers.

One thing I have learned is how to help a guest rectify their problems just by communicating with them in an empathetic manner.

Management team is an effective group of people that treats everyone fairly and are always taking care of their subordinates in a timely manner. Management is always there to help officers in doing the right thing which helps officers become more efficient and knowledgeable about their jobs

Co-workers are an amazing group of people consisting of all ages, ethnicity's, cultures and backgrounds.

Hardest part of job is dealing with disruptive guests.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help guests with questions, to put a smile on their face and make their stay at the Golden Nugget an enjoyable one.
Productive and fun place to work.
Change Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
I don't remember much of it, Mr. Wynn used to be the owner, best place to work when he was the owner; treat his employees with dignity and equality, best benefits, best meals for lunch, best Christmas parties and gifts for the holidays, best on everything, very enjoyable to work for.
Pros
everything
Keeps you busy
Pit Clerk/Cocktail Servicer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVSeptember 27, 2016
Very productive easy to move up in the company , I miss working for such a wonderful establishment, wonderful management as well as coworkers
Pros
Good money
Cons
Do not care about the well being of their employees
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2016
I have kids and am going to school. Multiple times I was Scheduled during times that I was not available and they knew it. I was told it was my responsibility to have these covered anyways. I never missed a shift or called in, yet I was treated very poorly. Others that went to HR about problems were fired within weeks of letting them know there was a problem. Claim to have an open door policy but that door being opened means that they will tell everyone your business.....
Pros
free meals, but not good meals
Cons
managemnet does not care about their employees
This was an amazing company to work for
Casino Race and Sports Book Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Supervising ticket writers, maintain a good relationship with bettors, issue cash drawers, place deposits and withdrawls from the casino cage. provide excellent customer service to bettors, general public, casino supervisory staff and casino executives.

How to maintain a high level of supervisory skills and use patience when holding seminars on teaching individuals how to place wagers.

I had a good team of employees

counting large sums of money by hand, in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars (no money counters allowed)

The entire job was enjoyable, one of the best jobs I had
Pros
everything
Cons
no benefits
Needs Better Standards
Casino Hotel Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 26, 2016
Work was always a pleasure but the staff was always unpleasant. The food wasn't really good. Pay was not that great. Management was not good at all and everything was very disorganized.
Highly intelligent and caring management.Fun and productive work environment
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2016
Fast paced and exciting sales work. Booking room reservations,talking to casino guests and creating and implementing additional 5 star/5 diamond standards throughout the property with professional contact and meetings throughout the day with executive level management.
Beautiful, fun, and entertaining property to work for.
Entertainment & Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 29, 2016
Handling all social media platforms. Responding and answering guest questions. Photographing request from all departments: restaurants, retail, entertainment, marketing, and special events.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts, can enjoy property on off time.
Best casino/hotel on Downtown
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work. Work under pressure at times, co-workers are great people as well with management. Hardest part of this job is finding your own way of finishing your work of the day when its hard to do so when you cant do anything to clean guests rooms.
Pros
Free lunches, Hour break, health benefits
Cons
Owner not friendly
Great place to work in college.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 10, 2016
While I was in college this was the best place to work. They work with your school schedule. Now that I am done with college, I am just looking for a job to grow in a career. Most of the position that are "career" type jobs are taken so that is why I am looking elsewhere.
Great Atmosphere
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 3, 2016
Amazing place to work. Learned many things and continue to learn many things. Management is very easy going and respectful.
fun place to work
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 14, 2015
fun place to work no chance to move up, or get a permanent shift. and the benefits could have been better, but the management needed help in the time i was there they went through 5 beverage directors.
typical day starts off good and they the other girls want to cut the floor and send everybody with less seniority home.
hardest part of job would be trying to stay awake on graveyard and have a 3 year old at home awake when you get home,
Pros
free lunch discounts to resturants, employees were friendly
Cons
not enough shifts always trying to not cover someone taking time off only customers suffer
Poor Management, Unfair
GRA (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 27, 2015
Worked there for 7 years, never got a pay raise the whole time, Management there is the worst I ever worked for, and the pay is only 7.91...Do not go there to work, they treat you like a dog.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
the job is good the changes make it challenging daily
Cage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 16, 2013
Start 8 am count and verify money and banks, put together and record bank deposits. thoughout day make and oversee transactions with guest and fellow employees.
Management has changed thoughout years now everything literally has to be okayed by Mother company in Las Vegas. I get along with my co-workers. We work together in close proximity.
The hardest part of the job is having to wait on important decisions to be made by Las Vegas first; even if it is the same solution we come up with, we are not allowed to move without Vegas okay.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when things run smoothly. Meeting people and interacting with fellow employees
Pros
free lunch in edr/ 401 k offered / health insurance
Cons
short breaks/ am salary cover hsifts with no compensation
Fun workplace with diverse group of people
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 14, 2015
Working with the John Ascuaga's Nugget was really good experience. The management was very helpful with the flexible work schedules. It made my communication much better and enhanced my leadership quality.Customer satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Health care benefits
Not a challeging Job.
Slot person (Current Employee) –  NVMay 9, 2015
This job is fine as a first time employment or last employment position. The work is not hard and can get quite boring. Co-workers have been there many years and constantly complain. Management wants only bodies in this department. Company has given very few raises in the last 7 years.
Pros
Free lunches, easy work
Cons
Bad healthcare, short breaks, advancement is very dim .
This should sum it up.
Veteran security officer. (Former Employee) –  Laughlin ,nvFebruary 17, 2014
I started working at GNL august of 2012 after moving and being out of work for a few months. This company is good about calling you back for an interview at least,It is not the worst casino to work at,but by no means the best either..Little else good can be said about it tho. I left the company,I wasn't fired.I worked as an Security Officer for a year and a month. I had some fun and learned alot.in the end it is not a career and I moved on.
Pros
Good lower management, but is hampered by bad upper management. if your a good looking officer with a good personality, women will throw themselves at you. 1 free meal a shift, food quality varies. experience in the field, free training, quality varies.
Cons
Low pay, Says part time but will work full time on part time status, Upper management either doesn't care, or doesn't know how to run a security department, lets the director be a shady tyrant, Overtime isn't allowed unless your well liked or a supervisor, Only a 2 percent raise after a year, Fights happen almost every weekend.It's usually an off week if there isn't atleast two big ones, No pepper spray, or tasers