Golden Nugget Employee Reviews

Overall
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 30, 2017
The management & coworkers are very kind, yet strict and efficient with everything they do and everyone.I really miss working there.
Pros
The EDR has great service..Friendly Cooks nd Waiters.
Fast and friendly work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Very good food and service. Learned how to manually count cash quickly and it's a very friendly environment.
Co workers have been there a long time and they are very helpful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours
Productive place to work very team orienated
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 23, 2017
Ii had fun being their with my coworkers but I felt as if management could use some changes. Management had very poor people skills. The company it self is not a bad place.
Productive and fun workplace with delicious food.
Server/dishwasher/take (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, SCJanuary 18, 2017
I worked at the Golden Nugget for a few years and within that amount of time I gained many friendships. I learned a lot about people and their habits. Working there made me appreciate family and friendships.
Box Office Representative
Box Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 10, 2017
Work with public scanning tickets and ushering them to their seats when needed. I enjoy this job and the co workers are all nice. The most enjoyable part is getting to listen to the concerts. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
Get alot of discounts and get to listen to concerts.
Cons
Not full time
Worst place ive ever worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2017
Work environment not got too much favorittism too mucwork long hours taking care of people no breaks fot sickh work not enough pay no breaks can eat nothing
Pros
Favoritism
Cons
Ok
Diverse
Special Events Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Although this position was not what I imagined I met some amazing people both professionally and personally and was able to build lasting relationships
Cool place to wirk
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2016
Fun and nice place to work. Very friendly staff and easy to get along with others. Lots of safety training and customer service training
Pros
Food and snacks are free
Cons
Nice brks
nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 25, 2016
Deal and supervise poker room. I learned new computer software. Management has been very helpful. Lots of nice coworkers. Some difficult personalities at the tables when losing money. Lots of good conversation with guest and coworkers.
Work hours was very good
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 16, 2016
Working there you learn new things everyday
Managers and supervisors give you everything you need to do the job and once in a while they will put you on new this and show you how to do it
Pros
Free food and work hours
Cons
No PTO on weekend or Hollandaise
Great place to work at.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 13, 2016
I love this opportunity the gave me to work with patients on a one on one basis on a daily routine. Management was great and very responsible.
Positive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 13, 2016
This work place was a positive place and when the work day started it went by fast because all the people that worked there very fun.
The end of the month they would celebrate everyones birthday in that month free cake
Casino housekeeping EVS (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 13, 2016
Golden Nugget was a great place to work. You had opportunity to move up in the work place. They treated you right, when you requested days off. The staff was very understanding when we were short handed we all pitch in where we could to help.
Pros
Win awards and drawings
Cons
No free lunch
Needs Better Standards
Casino Hotel Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 26, 2016
Work was always a pleasure but the staff was always unpleasant. The food wasn't really good. Pay was not that great. Management was not good at all and everything was very disorganized.
Golden Nugget Casino, Atlantic City
Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 12, 2016
Golden Nugget Casino good late night show at the Deck.Great customer service at the hotel line. Every weekend clubs are wild. Excellent give away Promotion. Chill, and free wi-fi lodge and Starbucks lodge
Pros
Free Parking even the Summer, Great location away from the City close to Bogota and Harris
Cons
Small Environment
Good short term job, not so great long term
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 8, 2016
It is an alright company to work at not as good as other properties. does not offer enough for employees or give enough incentive to do more in the company
Pros
Employee discount throughout the property
Cons
bad benefits
Not for the faint of heart
Warehouse Attendent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 5, 2016
You need some thick skin to work at GNLC. Upper management is very petty and elitist. The pay is better than the other casinos in the area but believe me when I say the turnover rate is terrible. They are willing to fire you for the slightest of infractions. Raises are a joke however, so don't expect to make a fortune unless you move up.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Very hostile work envirornment
Beautiful, fun, and entertaining property to work for.
Entertainment & Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 29, 2016
Handling all social media platforms. Responding and answering guest questions. Photographing request from all departments: restaurants, retail, entertainment, marketing, and special events.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts, can enjoy property on off time.
Keeps you busy
Pit Clerk/Cocktail Servicer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVSeptember 27, 2016
Very productive easy to move up in the company , I miss working for such a wonderful establishment, wonderful management as well as coworkers
Pros
Good money
Cons
Do not care about the well being of their employees
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2016
I have kids and am going to school. Multiple times I was Scheduled during times that I was not available and they knew it. I was told it was my responsibility to have these covered anyways. I never missed a shift or called in, yet I was treated very poorly. Others that went to HR about problems were fired within weeks of letting them know there was a problem. Claim to have an open door policy but that door being opened means that they will tell everyone your business.....
Pros
free meals, but not good meals
Cons
managemnet does not care about their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Nugget. Our community is ready to answer.

60%