Golden Tan Employee Reviews

Easy, fun job while going to school
Administrative Tanning & Fitness Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 31, 2017
Easy, Fun, nice place to work while going to school. The customers become family. Just make sure you keep everything clean and up to date. You're alone which gets boring but in your free time you can clean and tidy up. :)
Clean environment with great customer relationships
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part about working at Golden Tan was the relationships that I built with the customers who came in. I learned a lot about how to communicate with different types of people which helped me be a better employee and a better person in general. I loved working in a salon, because it was always very clean and organized.
Pros
often did contests that included a bonus
Cons
working alone all the time, long shifts
Golden Tan
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 17, 2016
Not a very professional place to work. Hours vary from week to week and the owner never listens to employee problems. Cleaning supplies always run out, and place is not maintained very well.
Awful Experience as an Employee
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 15, 2016
DONT WORK HERE. There is a reason this job is always posted on the job classifieds; there is an extremely high turnover. Also the pay is $8.00 an hour. Not $10-$16. You do make commission but you won't make much of it. Management is the worst management I have ever seen in a company. Crazy managers. The district manager is AWFUL. Psycho. You will be overworked and understaffed. You run the whole place by yourself. I had serious safety issues where I genuinely felt I was in danger and my manager didn't care. When I quit, they also accused me of stealing, which I did not, and took it all out of my last pay check so I got paid hardly anything. A bunch of crooks. Only benefit was free tanning.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Bad management, overworked, no care for safety, high turnover of employees
One of the worst companies to work for
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 5, 2015
Employees are overworked, under staff, and the district manager is a total psycho. The pay is horrible, but you can make commission if you are good at selling. Also the company doesn't care about its employees that why the turnover rate is insanely high and they are always accusing people of stealing. Working with the tanning girls is great, but not worth the headache.
Pros
Commission
Cons
No breaks, rude management, and rude customers
Fun job as a Tanning Consultant
Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UtahAugust 31, 2015
As a Tanning Consultant, your daily responsibilities is sales, cleaning, customer service. You learn sales techniques and really grow as a team. Management is very good. They are over-worked with a mandated 44 hours of work. You work by yourself, however, their are company meetings as well as you can cover shifts at all seven salons. The hardest part of your job would be how heavily sales based the work is. You are monitored every single hour based on Sales Per Tanner. The most enjoyable part of working at Golden Tan is being in control of how much you make. They have generous commissions, pay raises, and job advancements.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Mandated hours
Golden Tan
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake LocationFebruary 18, 2015
The WORST job I have ever experienced. I got "fired" a month later from the job because my "availability" didn't work with them; even though I told them the exact dates I couldn't work when I got hired. Along with that, they never paid me for that month I worked. I repeat: THE COMPANY PAID ME NOTHING! This happened to myself and one of the other girls I worked with.
Also, the manager of the Salt Lake location steals money from the company. There's so much proof and Golden Tan doesn't take any action on it. Such a disaster, please save yourself from this misery.
Terrible
sales (Former Employee) –  draper utahJuly 8, 2014
It was an easy job. But terrible treatment by management at the draper location.
Co-workers at other stores were great never had an issue.
awesome
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 21, 2014
I loved it and it was an awesome experience for me. I learned how to be polite to customers even if they have a problem with what we are charging and how we do stuff
Great way to get tan
Assistant Manager (closing shift) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 2, 2013
I would come in run the salon by myself clean bed put people in rooms, answer phone, sell merchandise and I would close the shop and do the closing book work. It was a very easy job and I enjoyed being tan for free. I also liked the customers that were regulars.
Pros
easy work free tans
Cons
low pay
Great Customers, fun atmosphere.
Manager/Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 19, 2012
MANAGE PEOPLE

setting goals
employee training
offer sales tips and strategies

keep store numbers up
keep personal sales scores up
inventory
bed maintenance
relamp beds when needed
salon walk through
check shift reports
check daily duties are getting done
glass cleaning

hiring, firing
new hire training
phase 2 sales training
task delegation
follow up on employee progress, tasks, etc
complete and take on tasks from owners

email owners on personal task progress, completion, problems, etc
giving input and suggestions to improve the company
making spreadsheets
make google docs templates
facebook updates
chargebacks
make sure our employees voices, ideas, suggestions, and frustrations are heard

fix customer service issues
prepare all staff meeting agendas

attend management meetings and take minutes
uphold highest customer service to make customers happy
be able to answer your phone at any time
be able to cover shifts at any time
run salon errands
randomly stop in and check status of salon and girls
while all staying on top of laundry, beds getting dirty, daily checklists, and customer transactions
Pros
store bonus, commission
Cons
no breaks, no overtime, no benefits, very unappreciated.